Choose Your Legends 5 Banner Predictions [UPDATE: POSSIBLE COLORS LEAK FROM TWITTER]

DefyingFates

Judging by past years (and when the next Forma Soul is made available to purchase), the new banner will drop on the 17th of August (Tuesday). The associated FEH Channel has been much more erratic, but I thought it would be nice to start talking about what we think/ want the five Heroes to be.

I still think GK and Marianne will be the dullest of the bunch using last year as an indicator, so expect Marianne to be a sword cavalier (Blutgang) and GK to be a lance infantry unit (maybe an armored unit if they want to give him a Save Skill). The other two have much more potential, but I'm leaning towards Colorless Mage/ Healer (Starlight or the Aum Staff) for Marth and Green Mage (with Excalibur) for Eirika (I would have loved it if she wielded the Sacred Stone itself, but I fear her falling to second place means she won't be getting anything that special). The GHB is definitely going to be Abysskeeper, if only so the community doesn't set itself on fire for next year's voting as well.

As an aside, considering Marth is guaranteed to get Fire Emblem, I hope Eirika gets Lunar Brace or ideally a similar but stronger Prf Skill (like H!Grima's Dragonscale). It's not exactly a novel concept either, since other Legendary Heroes have held onto their Prf Skills in subsequent alts unless it clashes with their new build (e.g. W!Altina, who was no longer a flier) or it's just plain terrible (i.e. Ninja Lyn) - Fallen Ike even got a renamed version so he could keep "Radiant Aether" without breaking the lore more than he already did! Even Young Eirika had Lunar and Solar Brace built into her weapon, in a way. So... yeah, the original Lunar Brace is inheritable to anything except healers (going off of the data) so a similar Skill that boosts Special damage or even replaces it for regular true damage like Bushido II would be great. A lot of people think she'd be a flier, so maybe she could have a Trace skill built into it too? (But as you may have heard me say in the past, I'm worried Eirika will end up being the obligatory dud of this year's batch... 😕)

After all, I'm certain Marianne's getting Canto of some sort too, so it would work! I was going to say her Prf Skill would allow Beasts to transform when adjacent to her, but that would just mean we'd have to deal with her and F!Edelgard in PvP. No thanks. Everyone's unanimously decided GK's Prf is likely a Save Skill, for that matter. Either that and/ or Obstruct 4.

So, what do you all think? Oh, and what outfits do you think they'll wear? Again, I think Marianne and GK will wear exactly what everyone thinks they will (I'd love to be wrong. Maybe GK could get a cool cape or something, or ape Alois' outfit), but it'd be nice to see Marth in his ancestor's clothes or Lodestar outfit. Ephraim already took Fado's outfit and SM!Eirika already did the Lyon homage, so outside of emulating Nada Kuya I don't know if there's an "obvious" option for Eirika. I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about all of this stuff!

EDIT: Possible leak mentioned here.

Edited by DefyingFates

I do think Marth and the Gatekeeper will be kept as Red and Blue Units. I do think Eirika will might be Green Unit and Marianne will be the Colorless Unit.

I do think the specific types for each of the units will have to be:

1. Marianne - Colorless Tome (This be the first time for a CYL Unit to have a Colorless Tome)
  2. Gatekeeper - Lance
  3. Marth - Sword
  4. Eirika - Axe or Green Dagger

Actually, kinda of thinking about it, I don't think I recall there weren't any CYL units that throw Daggers.

Edited by King Marth 64

Marianne and GK will probably stick to something close to what they have in canon, like you said. I have a weird feeling that IS will try to keep as many 3H student winners in their post-timeskip outfits as possible. And since pre-timeskip Marianne didn't have Blutgang and she's not legendary material, it'd be weird if Brave Marianne didn't come with it.

Eirika might decide to emulate Ephraim himself, since he's the other important person in her life. Marth getting to be a magic user or a staff user like his sister would be cool too. I'm not sure if they'll get their legendary personal skills and stuff though. It feels like Brave units don't get all the cool "prf skill" things that all the other alts of characters do. So even though it'd be cool to see Marth get "Fire Emblem" as a personal special skill again, I'm not expecting it.

13 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Actually, kinda of thinking about it, I don't think I recall there weren't any CYL units that throw Daggers.

Nope, that hasn't happened yet. What do you have in mind for Eirika then? And Marianne, for that matter?

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I have a weird feeling that IS will try to keep as many 3H student winners in their post-timeskip outfits as possible.

It just means they get to skip Lysithea and Marianne when they start pumping out post-timeskip banners...

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It feels like Brave units don't get all the cool "prf skill" things that all the other alts of characters do. So even though it'd be cool to see Marth get "Fire Emblem" as a personal special skill again, I'm not expecting it.

I see what you mean (that CYL units are different from other alts), but I think if anyone was going to keep a Prf skill, it'd be Marth. He got it for his seasonal alt and even a canon-friendly version for his young alt, so clearly IS sees him and "Fire Emblem" as a package deal at this point, in the same way that Alfonse had Open the Future with both of the alts he got after Lif's release (and as I said before, Ike had the same happen to him and Radiant/ Mayhem Aether).

None of this means Eirika is getting anything, of course, but I do think Marth at the very least will keep Fire Emblem if nothing else.

This is not a prediction but it's what I want to happen.

Red: Marianne as Holy knight(cavalry) with her Blutgang.
Blue: Gatekeeper as Armorer Lance with Omni save or Near save
Green: Eirika with Excalibur any move type.
Colorless: Marth with Starlight any move type.

Just now, Othin said:

If Marth has a staff, he can't get the original Fire Emblem skill, but he could get a variant. 

If Marth does get a staff, I doubt IS will be nice enough to give him a re-skinned healer-compatible Fire Emblem skill since he's not the 1st place winner. Maybe if he'd won they would have.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

If Marth does get a staff, I doubt IS will be nice enough to give him a re-skinned healer-compatible Fire Emblem skill since he's not the 1st place winner. Maybe if he'd won they would have.

Yeah, I doubt he or Eirika are getting anything special anymore, especially nothing like Edelgard's out-of-left-field "move two spaces like an infantry unit".

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

If Marth has a staff, he can't get the original Fire Emblem skill, but he could get a variant. 

Which is partly why I'm hoping he gets Starlight and not the Aum Staff (same for Eirika getting Excalibur and not Latona).

13 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

This is not a prediction but it's what I want to happen.

Red: Marianne as Holy knight(cavalry) with her Blutgang.
Blue: Gatekeeper as Armorer Lance with Omni save or Near save
Green: Eirika with Excalibur any move type.
Colorless: Marth with Starlight any move type.

Same here, though I'd like if Eirika could be a flier (or anything but a cavalier since she's been that twice already). I'd also like for her to get the Sacred Stone as a weapon, but as Sunwoo said above, coming second means she and Marth are getting glorified table scraps after IS goes all out with Marianne and Gatekeeper. (And even then, Marth is still going to be treated well because he's Marth, leaving Eirika as the sole loser this year no way would Marianne have suffered that if she'd come in second place instead).

Edited by DefyingFates

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, there's that. 

4 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

To be honest, I just want GK to be an infantry lance unit, since there’s no way we’re getting another version of him in the game.

Don't worry, I'm 99% sure you'll get your wish if IS continues to see 3H Heroes as a blank cheque to be as lazy as possible.

i hope Marianne is not a cavalry, i find them pretty boring for some reason and if anything i'll like it to break expectations. She's not getting a legendary alt, and with the popularity of 3Hs they can easily fit her post-time skip alt with any other banner featuring others in their post-time skip alts, which are sure to be coming. It would be cheap to do so here, so if there is any chance to do something out of the ordinary and special with her, this is it. I hope, i really do, but this feels as bad as pulling a character with a 0.001% appearance rate in a genshin/FGO banner. i should try to get on the mindset of having no expectations for this banner, lol.

GKeeper sounds like an armored unit and i have no other way of imaging it, probably with a personal save skill built into his weapon and of course distant counter. may be not with the mobility of B!Edel, but may be he'll have some sort of Lilith/Wings of Mercy mechanic were he is able to jump to any space next to an ally after some conditions.

But, hey, i'm actually down for flying GKeeper ruling the skies lol.

for the others, i don't really have a preference but rather just hope they are good. The fact they are not getting a personal skill sucks but i'm crossing my fingers for personal specials on both.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

and with the popularity of 3Hs they can easily fit her post-time skip alt with any other banner featuring others in their post-time skip alts, which are sure to be coming. It would be cheap to do so here, so if there is any chance to do something out of the ordinary and special with her, this is it.

The problem with this is Brave Lysithea, who is just post-timeskip Lysithea with nothing else special about her, even down to using one of her vanilla spells despite being a "Brave" unit. As I said to Sunwoo earlier, I'm almost certain that to IS, 3H winners here are just fewer Heroes they need to bother with when it comes time for the the War Arc banners. In other words, this is her post-skip variant and so she's going to have Blutgang and be a Holy Knight, since that's what her stats and personality point her towards in 3H. I'd love to be wrong, but I have zero faith in IS after how utterly boring last year's winners were.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

The fact they are not getting a personal skill sucks but i'm crossing my fingers for personal specials on both.

That would be nice! Marth is a given, but what do you think Eirika would get?

P.S. I wonder if we'll get special introduction videos for the Heroes, or if that was just because all four winners last year were from 3H. The video where Lysithea mediated a discussion where each of the three Lords advertised their respective routes is probably not getting an equivalent here, for example.

Edited by DefyingFates

I really hope they put some effort in this one. Last year they decided to take the most boring route possible and just gave the lords their promoted outfits. I'm hoping for more creativity on Marth and Eirika. 

I suspect we'll be seeing a glimpse of Gatekeeper's face in his damaged portrait. 

The problem with this is Brave Lysithea, who is just post-timeskip Lysithea with nothing else special about her, even down to using one of her vanilla spells despite being a "Brave" unit.

Actually I think Blysithea was the only thing redeemable on that banner. She had a unique outfit based on the Gremoire class rather than just have her default post timeskip outfit. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

20 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Actually I think Blysithea was the only thing redeemable on that banner. She had a unique outfit based on the Gremoire class rather than just have her default post timeskip outfit. 

It was actually just her version of the Gremory outfit: everyone's outfits get color-coded to them and dark purple is hers. It wasn't a unique outfit, I'm afraid.

21 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I suspect we'll be seeing a glimpse of Gatekeeper's face in his damaged portrait.

Perhaps, but it's just going to be the generic face he already has (you can see it by tilting the camera up when talking to him.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I see what you mean (that CYL units are different from other alts), but I think if anyone was going to keep a Prf skill, it'd be Marth. He got it for his seasonal alt and even a canon-friendly version for his young alt, so clearly IS sees him and "Fire Emblem" as a package deal at this point, in the same way that Alfonse had Open the Future with both of the alts he got after Lif's release (and as I said before, Ike had the same happen to him and Radiant/ Mayhem Aether).

I just released that Duo Lif doesn't have Open the Future. Would have definitely been broken, but I guess since his weapon doesn't give the -1 cooldown, so the 2-turn special is better anyway.

14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It was actually just her version of the Gremory outfit: everyone's outfits get color-coded to them and dark purple is hers. It wasn't a unique outfit, I'm afraid.

No, her's was White and Red in 3H. So the purple is new in Heroes. It's even a little different to a version she got in Cipher.

3 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

To be honest, I just want GK to be an infantry lance unit, since there’s no way we’re getting another version of him in the game.

There's the potential GHB around the same time, and his base version could work there. Even though he is the first place winner I don't think they'll put him on a banner.

For the units:

Marianne: Probably Holy Knight with Blutgang. Maybe colorless/blue tome with a special Aura. Who knows her being a popular dancer choice is pretty well known (she even has a cipher card), I'm expecting her to be the next cavalier dancer at some point, not necessarily for CYL.

Gatekeeper: I was thinking Great Knight using an Axe, but we've gotten a million Axe cavaliers this year, and I'm not sure we need another Duessel/Zeke so soon. Another wild guess could be an Armored Bow using a ballista, because why not.

And I'm not knowledgeable on the other two so we'll just see.

I don't think this year will be terribly creative, much like last year. I think Marianne will probably be a cavalry unit with Blutgang, and I'll take that a step further and say her Blutgang will have the effects of "Targets lower of foes Def/Res", "Effective against Beast", and "Effective against Cavalry". I think Gatekeeper will just be a lance unit, either armored or infantry. Marth will probably get Starlight, and Eirika will probably get Latona.

9 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't think this year will be terribly creative, much like last year. I think Marianne will probably be a cavalry unit with Blutgang, and I'll take that a step further and say her Blutgang will have the effects of "Targets lower of foes Def/Res", "Effective against Beast", and "Effective against Cavalry". I think Gatekeeper will just be a lance unit, either armored or infantry. Marth will probably get Starlight, and Eirika will probably get Latona.

I hope the latter two will be more creative (if only because IS already used their "obvious" variants for their Legendary selves). I think you nailed Blutgang though, considering it's a magic weapon and Beast Fang's effect (not to mention F!Edelgard).

As I said before, I'm afraid of Eirika getting Latona, but I am curious how IS would adapt Aum's resurrection effect in FEH. Maybe it would grant Miracle to nearby allies? That would make Marth the next Brave Veronica immediately.

11 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Who knows her being a popular dancer choice is pretty well known (she even has a cipher card), I'm expecting her to be the next cavalier dancer at some point, not necessarily for CYL.

I didn't think about that! In-game, Dorothea's the "canon" dancer (even in FEH), but a dancing cavalier in the regular pool would give her a niche over the other Sword Cavalry Heroes we already have. I was going to say adding that to FE Fan's theoretical Blutgang would be too broken, but it's obvious IS stopped caring about balance some time ago, so...

Edited by DefyingFates

So here I am just realizing that "Blutgang" means "Path of Blood."

Anyway, pretty sure Marianne's getting her signature sword, maybe flying on a pegasus. Gatekeeper will be either infantry or armored in all likelihood, but it'd be fun if they changed up his class or something for this (since there are plenty of Knights of Sieros in various classes.) Likewise, he could reasonably wield any weapon type -- just depends on what they issue him. As for Marth, likewise hoping he gets Aum or Starlight, maybe as a cav. And for Eirika, she's already gotten a lot of variations, including the rapier (child version) so why not harken back to the first CYL results (where everyone's design and such reflected a relative) and give her an axe from her dad or her brother's lance?

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

and give her an axe from her dad

Ephraim stole that from her already, I'm afraid 😛

He also stole Reginleif for that matter, which is what I would have liked her to wield otherwise. Those are good ideas though, Mercakete!

On 7/27/2021 at 8:33 PM, Sunwoo said:

I'm not sure if they'll get their legendary personal skills and stuff though. It feels like Brave units don't get all the cool "prf skill" things that all the other alts of characters do

I wanted to bring this back because I just remembered: Micaiah kept Sacrifice because it's part of who she is. I think that's all the more reason Marth will keep Fire Emblem (unless he gets Aum, of course).

My prediction is

• Sword Cavalry Marianne
  • Lance Infantry or Armored Gatekeeper
  • Green Tome Infantry (stealing Sacred Excalibur from Jehanna) or Staff Cavalry (stealing Latona from Rausten) for Eirika though maybe if Gatekeeper isn't going to be a lance unit like everyone is expecting I could see Eirika getting a lance alt here and basing it on her close relation to Ephraim.
  • Colorless Tome or Staff Marth though I still think it would be funny if they had him be a Lance Flier using Win Spear Wing Spear and riding a Pegasus or Wyvern while wearing an outfit inspired by Caeda's Pegasus Knight garb

Even though Marth, Eirika and Marianne all have an equal chance to end up being a sword here I kind of hope if anyone gets it here its Marianne even if her outfit is based on the Holy Knight class since Marth and Eirika already has three alts of them using swords. I just hope Marth and Eirika get something new and unique and not have them using weapons and class type they already use in Heroes like they did with the Three Houses and Valentia CYL winners from previous years.

My free pick is still going to be between Marth or Eirika depending on which one looks more unique to me. Probably won't be pulling much on the banner itself though I do wonder if they are going to have that feature where you can free summon four times like they did with last year's CYL banner.

6 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I do wonder if they are going to have that feature where you can free summon four times like they did with last year's CYL banner.

It'd be insane if they got rid of that (even more insane than the other anti-consumer stuff that's been creeping in over the past year).

6 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:
  • Sword Cavalry Marianne
  • Lance Infantry or Armored Gatekeeper

I think these two are all but set in stone too, though it seems everyone else feels that way as well. Wyvern Rider Marth isn't something I'd considered before, but that's an enticing prospect, I have to say. Ditto for him having Wing Spear, though I think GK has the Lance on lockdown as mentioned before. And I've already mentioned why I'm hoping Eirika gets Excalibur. I was going to suggest she could have it as a Colorless tome, but since that pool is still cluttered with so many junk units I'd be too afraid to +10 her if she were. Hmm... Why did you want her to be Cavalry by the way, so she could be a full L'Arachel reference?

My wishful thinking is adaptive damage on Marianne, and she's either a Beast or Pegasus Knight with a skill that allows adjacent beast units to transform, and Gatekeeper as an Infantry lance with an exclusive save skill that doubles as obstruct.

Pessimistic side expects Cavalry Marianne without Blutgang, or with it but no adaptive damage, and Armored Gatekeeper with no extra movement.

6 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

and she's either a Beast

A lot of people want this, even using it as a reason for her to win CYL, but it doesn't make any sense to me. She explicitly dreads turning into a monster, and 3H itself treats turning into a beast as a purely terrible thing (outside of the Four Saints), so surely a CYL alt would be as far away from that as possible? Beast!Marianne seems more of a Fallen Hero candidate than anything else, and even that's only because F!Ike opened the door for non-canon alts there.

I don't think you need to worry about adaptive damage though, since Crusher got it without needing to be a CYL weapon. I think she's going to a cavalier though. I hope IS at least gives her Dorte, but I doubt it. An Infantry GK with a Save Skill would be... something, all right. I just hope it's disabled in Pawns of Loki too.

Edit: Per this post, it's possible we're getting a reveal on August 1st or 2nd based on your timezone. I hope so!

Edit 2: Take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt given the leaker's spotty record, but if she's to be believed, the colors are:

Spoiler

Marth = Red
Gatekeeper = Blue
Marianne = Green
Eirika = Grey

I... don't buy this, since it would make IS even more creatively bankrupt than they were last year. Of note:

Spoiler

Despite what I just said about creativity, I don't see how Marianne would have anything but Blutgang. Green is especially baffling a choice since she's known for White and Ice Magic on top of that, unless we're getting a Saintly Seraphim situation. That in turn invalidates Marth, unless IS decided on the B!Alm route and gave him another Falchion.

For a split second I wondered if this meant Eirika's getting a Colorless Excalibur as I used to hope for, but as a second place winner from FE8 that's giving IS far too much credit: she'd likely be saddled with Latona instead, which just isn't nearly as interesting as the resurrection-capable Aum Staff.

So... yeah, not a fan. The leaker said she may have gotten the names mixed up, but that just feels like a get-out-of-jail clause she can use if she's proven wrong. What do you all think?

Edited by DefyingFates

14 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I think these two are all but set in stone too, though it seems everyone else feels that way as well. Wyvern Rider Marth isn't something I'd considered before, but that's an enticing prospect, I have to say. Ditto for him having Wing Spear, though I think GK has the Lance on lockdown as mentioned before. And I've already mentioned why I'm hoping Eirika gets Excalibur. I was going to suggest she could have it as a Colorless tome, but since that pool is still cluttered with so many junk units I'd be too afraid to +10 her if she were. Hmm... Why did you want her to be Cavalry by the way, so she could be a full L'Arachel reference?

The way I see it is if she gets a staff I would rather her be cavalry since a staff cavalry unit is more helpful then an infantry one. But if she gets a tome I would like her to be infantry since I like using offensive infantry units in Heroes. I just think she could be infantry or cavalry since both of her classes had those movement types in her game.

I don't think they will make Sacred Stones's Excalibur colorless since every other continent's Excalibur (Archanea, Valentia and Elibe) is green in Heroes especially with the whole wind element associated to it. I'm still hoping to see infantry green tome Eirika since to this day I still lack good green units in my barracks compared to red and blue.