Choose Your Legends 5 Banner Predictions [UPDATE: POSSIBLE COLORS LEAK FROM TWITTER]

DefyingFates

10 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Edit 2: Take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt given the leaker's spotty record, but if she's to be believed, the colors are:

Hide contents

Marth = Red
Gatekeeper = Blue
Marianne = Green
Eirika = Grey

I... don't buy this, since it would make IS even more creatively bankrupt than they were last year. Of note:

Hide contents

Despite what I just said about creativity, I don't see how Marianne would have anything but Blutgang. Green is especially baffling a choice since she's known for White and Ice Magic on top of that, unless we're getting a Saintly Seraphim situation. That in turn invalidates Marth, unless IS decided on the B!Alm route and gave him another Falchion.

For a split second I wondered if this meant Eirika's getting a Colorless Excalibur as I used to hope for, but as a second place winner from FE8 that's giving IS far too much credit: she'd likely be saddled with Latona instead, which just isn't nearly as interesting as the resurrection-capable Aum Staff.

So... yeah, not a fan. The leaker said she may have gotten the names mixed up, but that just feels like a get-out-of-jail clause she can use if she's proven wrong. What do you all think?

really hope not.

Edited by Othin

I don't see what's so bad about Marianne getting Blutgang. Braves have usually been this sort of alt-canon thing. Year 1 was entirely like that (Lyn, Ike, and Lucina used their canon alternate weapons, Roy his only canon weapon + horse), year 2 was largely like that, year 3 was a mixed bag, and year 4 was just boring. With base Marianne as infantry blue tome, brave Marianne being sword cavalry with Blutgang is exactly what I would want to see, especially considering she likely isn't in the running for a legendary.

Gatekeeper is in an interesting place. He likely would never have gotten in at all without this, but after reaching #1 they kind of have to use him again somewhere. However, I could see them opting to consider Bravekeeper the "base" Gatekeeper, which would reasonably justify making him infantry or armored lance.

For Marth, I really hope he's not a sword, and I don't expect him to be. Yeah, Alm got a sword, but his legendary was a bow, while Marth's legendary is already a sword. I don't have any idea what they'll actually do with him, though.

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

A lot of people want this, even using it as a reason for her to win CYL, but it doesn't make any sense to me. She explicitly dreads turning into a monster, and 3H itself treats turning into a beast as a purely terrible thing (outside of the Four Saints), so surely a CYL alt would be as far away from that as possible? Beast!Marianne seems more of a Fallen Hero candidate than anything else, and even that's only because F!Ike opened the door for non-canon alts there.

I don't think you need to worry about adaptive damage though, since Crusher got it without needing to be a CYL weapon. I think she's going to a cavalier though. I hope IS at least gives her Dorte, but I doubt it. An Infantry GK with a Save Skill would be... something, all right. I just hope it's disabled in Pawns of Loki too.

Edit: Per this post, it's possible we're getting a reveal on August 1st or 2nd based on your timezone. I hope so!

Edit 2: Take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt given the leaker's spotty record, but if she's to be believed, the colors are:

Reveal hidden contents

Marth = Red
Gatekeeper = Blue
Marianne = Green
Eirika = Grey

I... don't buy this, since it would make IS even more creatively bankrupt than they were last year. Of note:

Reveal hidden contents

Despite what I just said about creativity, I don't see how Marianne would have anything but Blutgang. Green is especially baffling a choice since she's known for White and Ice Magic on top of that, unless we're getting a Saintly Seraphim situation. That in turn invalidates Marth, unless IS decided on the B!Alm route and gave him another Falchion.

For a split second I wondered if this meant Eirika's getting a Colorless Excalibur as I used to hope for, but as a second place winner from FE8 that's giving IS far too much credit: she'd likely be saddled with Latona instead, which just isn't nearly as interesting as the resurrection-capable Aum Staff.

So... yeah, not a fan. The leaker said she may have gotten the names mixed up, but that just feels like a get-out-of-jail clause she can use if she's proven wrong. What do you all think?

Well, I called it wishful thinking for a reason. It could be a similar to the non-canon Fallen Ike alt but with a positive twist where she doesn't lose her sanity and is able to take control of her beast form and learn to comfortable with it. After all, Maurice was one of the more intelligent beasts in the game being able to verbally communicate so I think it wouldn't be that big of a stretch. But I do agree that it would fit a fallen alt better.

As far as Pegasus vs Cavalry, I just love Pegasus Knights and I think she would look great as one. 3 House's Falcon Knights also have profiency in swords so I think that would fit more with a Blutgang alt as opposed to Holy Knights who are Faith based would fit better with a tome or a staff imo.

I did bring up the lack of Blutgang or adaptive damage though because of that post. I had seen it before and it shook my confidence of it being a sure thing after all. Also, I just honestly forgot that Crusher had adaptive damage and was thinking Felicia's plate was the only weapon besides Breaths with it which just made me buy into it more. I mean, I still doubt it though, since apparently the leaker doesn't have a good record but the possibilities may not be so clear cut after all.

I'd say, it'd be easier to guess if we knew what may be the theme of this Brave Banner. After all, all previous ones followed a theme. Like how Year 1 was a Fathers theme for example. But then, what do all four of Marth, Gatekeeper, Marianne, and Eirika have in common here? Or they just forgo having them all follow a theme, at least all together the same one, since Gatekeeper certainly makes it hard to make one here.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

After all, Maurice was one of the more intelligent beasts in the game being able to verbally communicate so I think it wouldn't be that big of a stretch.

But he was also an active Death Seeker, so again, it's not exactly seen as a good thing, but you agreed that it makes more sense as a Fallen alt so there's no need to delve deeper, I suppose.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But then, what do all four of Marth, Gatekeeper, Marianne, and Eirika have in common here? Or they just forgo having them all follow a theme, at least all together the same one, since Gatekeeper certainly makes it hard to make one here.

They could still go with the family theme for the other three:

• Marianne -> Maurice -> Blutgang
  • Marth -> Elice -> Aum
  • Eirika -> Ephraim -> Lance

Gatekeeper has his younger twin who takes over in Crimson Flower or he could borrow Abysskeeper's shtick and use an Axe instead (though in that case I'd like it if Eirika did the "borrowing" thing too).

Spoiler

So the leak talk. They are right about Sunday Feh Channel at very least so I will believe other part, such as:

Marth = Red
Gatekeeper = Blue
Marianne = Green
Eirika = Grey
"
If I haven't mixed up the names"

This mean MARth and MARianne can be swapped color because "If I haven't mixed up the names"

2 hours ago, Naoshi said:

They are right about Sunday Feh Channel at very least so I will believe other part, such as:

You may be giving them too much credit for that, since all they'd need to do is look at last year's schedule to get that date.

2 hours ago, Naoshi said:
Spoiler

This mean MARth and MARianne can be swapped color because "If I haven't mixed up the names"

Again, I think you may be giving the leaker a bit too much credit. Even if they don't know about FE specifically, as a self-professed Nintendo fan they'd at least know who Marth was, surely?

That said, if that was the only mix-up and the rest were the same (and accurate)... well, it'd be better, but still not very appealing, I must say.

Edited by DefyingFates

I really have no idea what I want for CYL this year mage Erika and L!Marth both did what I would have wanted for their braves.  I don't trust leaks so I take it with a salt shaker of salt.  After last year I really don't have much hope for IS being creative.  At this point unless one of them is a stellar unit that is a must have I will just take a free Marth and skip.

11 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I really have no idea what I want for CYL this year mage Erika and L!Marth both did what I would have wanted for their braves.  I don't trust leaks so I take it with a salt shaker of salt.  After last year I really don't have much hope for IS being creative.  At this point unless one of them is a stellar unit that is a must have I will just take a free Marth and skip.

I mean, they have to be at least a bit more creative this year if they want all four units in different colors. Last year just happened to be four units whose natural weapons were different colors, but they can't have Marth, Eirika, and Marianne all wielding a sword.

8 hours ago, Florete said:

I mean, they have to be at least a bit more creative this year if they want all four units in different colors. Last year just happened to be four units whose natural weapons were different colors, but they can't have Marth, Eirika, and Marianne all wielding a sword.

Agreed, but I'm still worried they'll take the easy way out again, like giving Marth a sword because he doesn't wield anything else canonically or something.