Mythic Hero - Ullr: The Bowmaster

Jave

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I assume at least some of those are mistakes, but I'll likely continue spelling it "Ulir" out of habit because that's her official name in Japanese and is a rare case that it actually appeared in game, as the names of the holy bloods appeared in Latin characters on the status screen.

But "Ullr" is an actual god from Norse mythology. "Ulir" is nothing (at least that might be relevant to FEH). If the latter is her "official" name in Japanese it just means they got the romanization wrong.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Least we've got some form of Yewfelle now.

It also means we'll likely get Helswath at some point, because I find the possibility of them adding Langbolt or Brian very dubious. Nál is just as good as any other random crusader though (well except for Fjalar and Njörun who outrank him by having breasts).

Edited by Jotari

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

It also means we'll likely get Helswath at some point, because I find the possibility of them adding Langbolt or Brian very dubious. Nál is just as good as any other random crusader though (well except for Fjalar and Njörun who outrank him by having breasts).

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. Dainn is also an option, although they may as well just give Gungnir to Arion.

6 minutes ago, FailWood said:

@Othin Nothing to say about the streak this time, and how we were both wrong in thinking it would end this time?  Were you also dumbstruck like I was (though not as harshly as me)?

I don't particularly care about the streak, personally. This is certainly a surprise - I didn't even recognize her from the thumbnail, I assumed it was Njorun.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. Dainn is also an option, although they may as well just give Gungnir to Arion.

I don't particularly care about the streak, personally. This is certainly a surprise - I didn't even recognize her from the thumbnail, I assumed it was Njorun.

Oh I fully expect them to give us Arion with Gungnir at some point. Not any time soon, because Jugdral doesn't get a whole lot of love and there's a lot of characters, but he's a pretty significant enemy (who's also an ally) and Gungnir is all he ever fights with. I hope he gets in before Dainn though. Putting in the crusader before the actual characters is backwards. Like I said earlier, the Crusaders, as Mythics, should be the ones power creeping the characters from the game. What are they going to do now with Febail and Briggid that will make them worth pulling after Ullr? Make Yewfelle a completely different kind of weapon for them? Or just have them power creep the mythic with a similar style weapon?

All I can think of is that it's impressive f!Lyon remains as viable as he is as an anti-meta nuke for a male  .  He eats L!Chrom, Rein, Ophelia, the Claudes, Bram, Archer Lucina, now this one... yawn, no trouble. 

The art's gorgeous, and I'm glad other games are getting their lore characters, but it's a pass for mostly the whole 'female streak' thing.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

But "Ullr" is an actual god from Norse mythology. "Ulir" is nothing (at least that might be relevant to FEH). If the latter is her "official" name in Japanese it just means they got the romanization wrong.

"Audhumla" is a giant cow in Norse mythology. "Audhulma" is nothing, yet is the spelling used in Heroes and in most localizations of The Sacred Stones.

"Almace" is Bishop Turpin's sword in The Song of Roland. "Armads" is nothing, yet is the spelling used in Japanese and all localizations. (Durban gets a pass despite being obviously named for Turpin because his name in Japanese specifically has a "d" and a "b".)

"Ostia" is a real-life place in Italy. "Ositia" is nothing, but is the spelling used in the European release of Blazing Sword, specifically to not match the name of the real-life place in Italy.

"Leinster" is a real-life place in Ireland. "Leonster" and "Lenster" are nothing, but are the spellings used in the localization of Heroes and in the original Japanese version of Genealogy, respectively.

Just because the spelling doesn't match the original name doesn't necessarily make it wrong. Heck, "Jugdral" itself is a corruption of "Yggdrasil" with the "si" removed and would've had to have been spelled "Yggdral" if it was necessary to be accurate to the source

Edited by Ice Dragon

Reviewing the list of potential Mythics, taking all lore characters into account, the ammount of female mythic options we have left are

*Artemis from Archanea (no weapon and barely any artwork to derive from)

*Zofia I from Valentia, Celica's ancestor (no artwork at all, gender not confirmed either, though could easily use Beloved Zofia and we know could use the Ragnarok spell, also possible they could do a gender switcheroo and have Duma's Rigel I be female)

*Fjalar from Jugdral

*Njörun from Jugdral

*Elimine from Elibe

*Hanon from Elibe

*Nada Kuya from Magvel, character mentioned only in Eirika and Saleh's supports (not one of the five heroes, so the Sacred Twins are not one of her potential weapons, though it sounds like she had something like Falchion)

*Yoram, Toremini and Meshua, apostles of Begnion (no artwork or weapons of course, though Ashera Staff is still free for anyone to grab, I hope it goes to Laura though).

*Futue Past Tiki acting as Naga, perhaps

*Cethleann from Fodlan (already in the game as Flayn)

*Noa from Fodlan (Constance's ancestor, sort of had artwork, no weapon)

*Lamine from Fodlan (one of the 10 elites, actually appears in game but has generic artwork)

*Fraldarius from Fodlan (one of the 10 elites, actually appears in game but has generic artwork)

I'll also add that some of the 10 elites are armoured from head to toe and could potentially be female. But if any of the 10 elites get in as Mythics then that's a massive slap in the face towards their boss Nemesis who's a lowly free unit. The only characters here I think stand a serious chance are Fjalar, Njörun, Elimine and Hanon. So at max (ignoring Heroes OCs) it looks like the female streak could continue another four months. Once they do make it through those four then they're either going to have to start digging really far into the contrived by using the examples I mentioned, or we're going to get an inverse of the current situation, where we'll get a two year long streak of nothing but male Mythic units. Well, I don't expect it'll be two years long as they'll probably break it up by spreading Fjalar, Njörun, Elimine and Hanon out amongst the male characters along with some original characters like Eitri, but the point is they've kind of reached critical mass with female characters now. So a bunch of male characters are likely waiting on the horizon. Either that or a bunch of really contrived choices from characters that have no existing artwork, personality or weapon.

34 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Reviewing the list of potential Mythics, taking all lore characters into account, the ammount of female mythic options we have left are

*Artemis from Archanea (no weapon and barely any artwork to derive from)

*Zofia I from Valentia, Celica's ancestor (no artwork at all, gender not confirmed either, though could easily use Beloved Zofia and we know could use the Ragnarok spell, also possible they could do a gender switcheroo and have Duma's Rigel I be female)

*Fjalar from Jugdral

*Njörun from Jugdral

*Elimine from Elibe

*Hanon from Elibe

*Nada Kuya from Magvel, character mentioned only in Eirika and Saleh's supports (not one of the five heroes, so the Sacred Twins are not one of her potential weapons, though it sounds like she had something like Falchion)

*Yoram, Toremini and Meshua, apostles of Begnion (no artwork or weapons of course, though Ashera Staff is still free for anyone to grab, I hope it goes to Laura though).

*Futue Past Tiki acting as Naga, perhaps

*Cethleann from Fodlan (already in the game as Flayn)

*Noa from Fodlan (Constance's ancestor, sort of had artwork, no weapon)

*Lamine from Fodlan (one of the 10 elites, actually appears in game but has generic artwork)

*Fraldarius from Fodlan (one of the 10 elites, actually appears in game but has generic artwork)

I would also add Ashunera to the list, since she appeared in Radianr Dawn which makes her more likely than all the characters in your list.

Also Latona from Magvel since she is the only one of the five heroes from that game who is officialy a woman, I think.

37 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I hope they add the Bird and the Turtle from 3H. Not sure how they'd be implemented in FEH though.

We have the statues as examples of their human designs, and they could work as beast units. Or even breath units since they do have a dragon weakness (or maybe in Heroes breath units with a dragon weakness like Julius).

11 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I would also add Ashunera to the list, since she appeared in Radianr Dawn which makes her more likely than all the characters in your list.

You're absolutely right about Ashunera. In fact we could see her next month XD

Also Latona from Magvel since she is the only one of the five heroes from that game who is officialy a woman, I think.

Latona is a guy. At least in the English translation

L’Arachel: Our oldest legends tell us just this… Only one person 
has ever been able to shake off the Demon King’s domination. 
Rausten’s founder, Saint Latona the sure-hearted, shattered his
fetters.

Unless the fetters are the Demon King's, but usually a word like that the possessive refers to the people being bound. But then L'Archel's father also calls him Most Holy Father of Raustin

Edited by Jotari

10 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

They did it! They finally started doing what I had been hoping for since Altina's reveal. Taking a chance on bringing more of FE's lore heroes.

Seeing them bring in the Crusaders is like a dream come true.

More surprising, since we had an idea what Altina looked like thanks to that still image, and I think she had a Cypher card released before her mythic hero release. Closest we have for the Crusaders’ appearance is an image from the manga, and that’s it. Nice we’ll see how they looked like 

24 minutes ago, Jotari said:

We have the statues as examples of their human designs, and they could work as beast units. Or even breath units since they do have a dragon weakness (or maybe in Heroes breath units with a dragon weakness like Julius).

You're absolutely right about Ashunera. In fact we could see her next month XD

Latona is a guy. At least in the English translation

L’Arachel: Our oldest legends tell us just this… Only one person 
has ever been able to shake off the Demon King’s domination. 
Rausten’s founder, Saint Latona the sure-hearted, shattered his
fetters.

Unless the fetters are the Demon King's, but usually a word like that the possessive refers to the people being bound. But then L'Archel's father also calls him Most Holy Father of Raustin

Oh really? I remembered wrong then. This is funny cause Latona is a roman goddess, so they did the opposite of the usual genderbent people complain about.

We know Grado is a guy as well, so that leaves three slots for the token girl. Too bad we don't know anything about them. I wonder if they will break another perceived wall and give an official name to an old lore-character (same thing for the nine unnamed dragons of FE4) just to avoid giving FE8 a male mythic with Grado/Latona.

But at that point they will probably just add Nada Kuya, lol.

Edited by GrandeRampel

29 minutes ago, Yexin said:

IMO Maira/Maera might make for an interesting Julius complete powercreep Mythic hero too

I'd personally rather they release a proper Julius to powercreep Julius. The Julius we have has never been impressive. Though we also have 26 Galles for that purpose too

(and for anyone who just skimmed through or didn't play Genealogy, despite the name looking a lot like Maria, Maera was a man).

Edited by Jotari

35 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'd personally rather they release a proper Julius to powercreep Julius. The Julius we have has never been impressive.

Do you mean like a Fallen variant with all the purple aura and some tome named "Deadlord Contract" ala Fallen Lyon, and the version of Julius we currently have being written off as a version of him summoned post-death, also ala Fallen Lyon? Not saying it wouldn't work, and I mean it's kinda hard to believe that the Julius we do have is supposed to be the dark dragon itself...

59 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Do you mean like a Fallen variant with all the purple aura and some tome named "Deadlord Contract" ala Fallen Lyon, and the version of Julius we currently have being written off as a version of him summoned post-death, also ala Fallen Lyon? Not saying it wouldn't work, and I mean it's kinda hard to believe that the Julius we do have is supposed to be the dark dragon itself...

Any of them could work. Or even a legendary variant which is just him wearing fancier clothes. Hell I'd even be up for them turning him into a breath unit in reference to his death animation. The pool for breath units is getting prettttty shallow.

15 hours ago, Florete said:

Yep, totally called this one.

...Said absolutely no one.

Cool to see another lore mythic, though.

Agreed, but this does open the floodgates a great deal though. Maybe we'll even see lore Mythics with no canonical appearance (from in-game or side materials)? Who knows, maybe this means Forneus and the Five Heroes from FE8 (+ Nada Kuya) are on the table now too.

15 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Taking a chance on bringing more of FE's lore heroes.

Seeing them bring in the Crusaders is like a dream come true.

I agree! This is so out-of-left-field, I hope they keep doing it! If that depends on seeing how many Orbs are spent on this, well... I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope a lot of people pull for her too!

On the other hand...

15 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

It's fucking ridiculous the lengths that they will go to just to avoid giving us any more male mythic units.

and

14 hours ago, FailWood said:

In that case, Lif would be the most recent male, released back in January of 2020.  Still fucked up that it's been that long ago.

are still pretty insane. I suppose part of that is Book 4's fault for having five women vs one guy, but still.

Well, for me personally, there's nothing of value on this banner. It's a good thing, too -- all my orbs are going toward trying to get Freyr and Ogma right now.