Mythic Hero - Ullr: The Bowmaster

Jave

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I think Ullr could possible be another Hegemon killer if built right.

Brave Bow+
Ruptured Sky/Deadeye
Atk/Spd Ideal 4 - any A passive that boosts Spd (including native LnD4)
Yngvi Ascendant
c passive
Flashing Blade

This way, she gets a trigger of Ruptured Sky by her 3rd attack (or Deadeye at her 4th), which on Hegemon should equal a hefty amount of Special damage. As long as Ullr is strong enough wielding just a Brave Bow and Ideal 4 (or LnD4), she should be able to defeat Hegemon.
...theoretically of course. For all I know she's not gonna have that much Atk...

Edited by Xenomata

20 minutes ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

Been waiting 7 months for Katarina to come back wtf.

Seasonal reruns have been moved from legendary/mythic banners to Double Special ones, they no longer have any relevance here. We should get some or all of the Plegian reruns on next month's Double Special banner.

14 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

You know, I think Ullr could possible be another Hegemon killer if built right.

Brave Bow+
Ruptured Sky/Deadeye
Atk/Spd Ideal 4 - any A passive that boosts Spd (including native LnD4)
Yngvi Ascendant
c passive
Flashing Blade

This way, she gets a trigger of Ruptured Sky by her 3rd attack (or Deadeye at her 4th), which on Hegemon should equal a hefty amount of Special damage. As long as Ullr is strong enough wielding just a Brave Bow and Ideal 4 (or LnD4), she should be able to defeat Hegemon.
...theoretically of course. For all I know she's not gonna have that much Atk...

I would just use Windsweep for more reliable protection just in case Edelgard: Hegemon Husk manages to survive.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would just use Windsweep for more reliable protection just in case Edelgard: Hegemon Husk manages to survive.

Maybe if it were a SS, but until then Yngvi gives her permaDesperation and half of NFU, there's some potential there outside of Holy Yewfelle... mostly with Brave and Firesweep Bow to be fair, but it's still there.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Maybe if it were a SS, but until then Yngvi gives her permaDesperation and half of NFU, there's some potential there outside of Holy Yewfelle... mostly with Brave and Firesweep Bow to be fair, but it's still there.

Brave Bow feels a bit risky since she is so bulky, and Brave Bow has pretty low Mt, so it makes it much harder to pierce high Def targets. If you really want to stick with Yngvi Ascendent, I would go with Firesweep-Flashing Blade 4 for some guaranteed damage.

This is my main concern with Ullr's basekit, to be honest: how high her Atk actually goes. Quick-proc Deadeyes seem threatening on paper, but at the end of the day it's still only x2 damage dealt, and we've seen Edgelord's Def get stacked stupidly high. People might be disappointed to learn that zero times two is still zero.

Though to be fair, we make these assumptions without seeing what Ullr's Atk and Spd stats are first. Depending on how hard she goes on the Glass Cannon meme, a Brave Bow might be more viable than we think, especially if Flashing Blade 4 is in play for a free 20 damage.

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

Seasonal reruns have been moved from legendary/mythic banners to Double Special ones, they no longer have any relevance here. We should get some or all of the Plegian reruns on next month's Double Special banner.

oh

Well, thank you.

1 hour ago, Some Jerk said:

This is my main concern with Ullr's basekit, to be honest: how high her Atk actually goes. Quick-proc Deadeyes seem threatening on paper, but at the end of the day it's still only x2 damage dealt, and we've seen Edgelord's Def get stacked stupidly high. People might be disappointed to learn that zero times two is still zero.

Though to be fair, we make these assumptions without seeing what Ullr's Atk and Spd stats are first. Depending on how hard she goes on the Glass Cannon meme, a Brave Bow might be more viable than we think, especially if Flashing Blade 4 is in play for a free 20 damage.

The free 20 damage via Flashing Blade is not viable in my opinion without Windsweep Sacred Seal or a Flash teammate. If Edelgard: Hegemon Husk survives the quad attack, I do not see how Ullr is going to survive a Bonfire trigger.

Firesweep Bow with Catria: Azure Wing Pair is also an option if you want the 20 damage, although it is more positioning dependent.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

oh

Well, thank you.

To be more specific, these are the next five characters, for each color, in line for a Double Special Heroes re-run:

Red: Kaden [4*], Dorothea & Lene, Henriette, Lif & Thrasir, Severa
Blue: Velouria, Katarina, Minerva [4*], Tana, Lyon [4*]
Green: Tharja, Alfonse [4*], Gustav, Inigo, Catria & Thea
Colorless: Plumeria, Raphael [4*], Myrrh & Nah, L'Arachel, Saul

So, the next Double Special Heroes will probably look something like this:

Red: Dorothea & Lene, Lif & Thrasir
Blue: Velouria, Katarina
Green: Tharja, Alfonse [4*]
Colorless: Plumeria, Raphael [4*]

Meanwhile, I'm over here getting nauseous at the prospect that there's pretty much no chance that Tana won't share blue with a 4-Star Focus.

Stats are out.

Spoiler

x44Vk3l.png
Superboons: Atk, Spd
Superbanes: HP

As expected, her Atk and Spd exceed 40. Shockingly however, she has a respectable Def stat.

Edited by Some Jerk

Spoiler

Hm, 46 Atk with a superboon, plus 7 from Brave Bow+, plus 7 from LnD4 (tack on +2 if using Ideal)...

That's 60 Atk from just her raw 0 merge stats, passives, and weapon. Add on a Rally bonus... yeah she might be able to take on Hegemon in Arena, but in Aether Raids is gonna be a completely different story...

Also worth mentioning is the fact that Ullr has the same Atk base and growth as Raphael. That is to say, she is as strong as a beefy boi, but far faster.

Okay luck so far this time around, which is nice following the absolute shit luck I had on the last two banners.

169 pulls:

• 4 Ulir
  • 6 Seiros
  • 4 Dimitri
  • 1 Sigurd

Overall 8.9% 5-star rate, which is slightly better than average (~8.4%).

Got a +Spd Ulir and a +Spd Dimitri, which is good. My existing Seiros and Sigurd are already +Atk. Dimitri is now +5. Seiros is now +6. Sigurd is now +1.

I'll continue pulling later.

After re-evaluating this upcoming month's budget, it looks like I'll have enough to both go for +10 on Nifl and try for some more Ulir, Seiros, and DImitri merges. I'll hold off on Freyja until I see what my luck looks like on the Nifl banner.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I take back every good thing I have said about this banner. This banner can go fuck itself like all of the rest of the recent banners.

And I'd like to apologize to the Ashera banner for the flak I gave it. Atk/Spd Catch and Joint Drive Atk are at least usable by more than two units.

134 more pulls:

• 2 Ulir
  • 7 Seiros
  • 3 Dimitri
  • 1 Reginn
  • 1 Seliph
  • 1 Eir
  • 1 Louise

Can I trade all of those extra copies of Seiros for Nifl? Heck, I'd even settle for Dimitri. As underwhelming as his skill fodder is, Tempest is at least useful on more units than Dragon Wall.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I take back every good thing I have said about this banner. This banner can go fuck itself like all of the rest of the recent banners.

And I'd like to apologize to the Ashera banner for the flak I gave it. Atk/Spd Catch and Joint Drive Atk are at least usable by more than two units.

134 more pulls:

• 2 Ulir
  • 7 Seiros
  • 3 Dimitri
  • 1 Reginn
  • 1 Seliph
  • 1 Eir
  • 1 Louise

Can I trade all of those extra copies of Seiros for Nifl? Heck, I'd even settle for Dimitri. As underwhelming as his skill fodder is, Tempest is at least useful on more units than Dragon Wall.

Just curious, have you put Dragon Wall on A!Tiki or F!Corrin yet? I assume most of your 5* exclusive dragons have Dragon Wall at this point, or at least on all the dragon armors.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

Just curious, have you put Dragon Wall on A!Tiki or F!Corrin yet? I assume most of your 5* exclusive dragons have Dragon Wall at this point, or at least on all the dragon armors.

Nope. None of them have Dragon Wall because it's so generally useless compared to alternative skills. I'd be more easily convinced to build a second Seiros than to actually use Dragon Wall on anything other than Seiros or Winter Sothis.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nope. None of them have Dragon Wall because it's so generally useless compared to alternative skills. I'd be more easily convinced to build a second Seiros than to actually use Dragon Wall on anything other than Seiros or Winter Sothis.

Really? I imagine most dragon armors would want it since I do not recall any melee units that can reduce or ignore damage reduction. Other than Sothis: Silver Spector, I think Idunn: Dragonkin Duo can use it well too, and you can just have her run Quick Riposte on Sacred Seal. Robin: Fell Reincarnation does not have the highest Res, but he can also do it with some kind of Save skill and support allies to help boost it. And with Save skills, not only can you supplement armor units with more Dodge, you can also offload Guard to a support unit if you do not want to run Stance on A.

Robin: Fell Vessel can use it too to basically be a colorless Ryoma: Supreme Samurai. Myrrh: Spring Harmony can triple her bulk with double Dodge, rivaling her infantry counterparts.

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

Really? I imagine most dragon armors would want it since I do not recall any melee units that can reduce or ignore damage reduction. Other than Sothis: Silver Spector, I think Idunn: Dragonkin Duo can use it well too, and you can just have her run Quick Riposte on Sacred Seal. Robin: Fell Reincarnation does not have the highest Res, but he can also do it with some kind of Save skill and support allies to help boost it. And with Save skills, not only can you supplement armor units with more Dodge, you can also offload Guard to a support unit if you do not want to run Stance on A.

Robin: Fell Vessel can use it too to basically be a colorless Ryoma: Supreme Samurai. Myrrh: Spring Harmony can triple her bulk with double Dodge, rivaling her infantry counterparts.

Moving around Quick Riposte is a pain in the ass. Fjorm is keeping it because she can't offload it to her B slot.

I don't need Grima to be a Near Save unit when I already have Gustav, and I don't have a spare Far Save to make a Far Save build relevant (and the next 9 copies of Henriette are already earmarked for merging). Having a second Near Save unit is unnecessary, as the only game mode where it could be relevant is Arena Assault, and Save is rarely necessary in Arena Assault in the first place.

Duo Idunn needs a guaranteed follow-up to function as an Edelgard counter, and being an Edelgard counter is her single most important role. That's not negotiable.

Harmonic Myrrh only gets used in Resonant Battles, where the enemy can't kill her to begin with, but she has trouble killing them, even with Dragon's Ire. Losing her guaranteed follow-up is not worth it.

Even Winter Sothis would still prefer to have Special Fighter in order to activate Sirius immediately.

Female Grima is probably the only unit you could convince me to put Dragon Wall on, and that's only until S/R Near Trace is released.

Damn, her art is amazing, rolled pretty much just for that (and Mythic for raids is nice too).

I just see tons of F!Edelgards so idk how I feel her sharing the same weapon color as I find it hard to justify her over Chrom? Or is she better? I'm a noob at these things.

18 minutes ago, Lanko said:

Damn, her art is amazing, rolled pretty much just for that (and Mythic for raids is nice too).

I just see tons of F!Edelgards so idk how I feel her sharing the same weapon color as I find it hard to justify her over Chrom? Or is she better? I'm a noob at these things.

Ullr and Chrom are difficult to compare, they fill different roles. Chrom certainly has more unique functionality through his assist, though.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Moving around Quick Riposte is a pain in the ass. Fjorm is keeping it because she can't offload it to her B slot.

Now that we can lock Aether Raids offense teams, Arena teams, and a whole bunch of other teams, there is actually less need to move things around, so I do not think moving Quick Riposte once in a while would be a huge hassle.

And for veterans or whales with lots of super strong units, they can even lock and save Arena Assault teams since they have less need to counter pick.

I don't need Grima to be a Near Save unit when I already have Gustav, and I don't have a spare Far Save to make a Far Save build relevant (and the next 9 copies of Henriette are already earmarked for merging). Having a second Near Save unit is unnecessary, as the only game mode where it could be relevant is Arena Assault, and Save is rarely necessary in Arena Assault in the first place.

Being able to use Save armors for every game would be nice though for Limited Hero Battles.

Duo Idunn needs a guaranteed follow-up to function as an Edelgard counter, and being an Edelgard counter is her single most important role. That's not negotiable.

She is fast enough that Quick Riposte on Sacred Seal is good enough in my opinion. Edelgard: Hegemon Husk is so slow that other slow pokes generally have no issue doubling her if they got Quick Riposte or something.

Harmonic Myrrh only gets used in Resonant Battles, where the enemy can't kill her to begin with, but she has trouble killing them, even with Dragon's Ire. Losing her guaranteed follow-up is not worth it.

Although she is a Harmonized Hero, in my opinion, I do not think she is meant for Resonant Battles since she is not cavalry and have pretty poor player phase performance. You generally want to use Harmonized cavalry and/or Dancers/Singers in that mode to clear things quickly. I mostly use her in Arena Assault on teams between 3 and 6 as a super tank.

Even Winter Sothis would still prefer to have Special Fighter in order to activate Sirius immediately.

I think it is better to reduce damage in the first place rather than trying to heal it back up with a Special though, and you can push Guard to the A slot and run Hilda: Deer's Two-Piece or Velouria: Renewed Wolfpup for Special charge increase.

Female Grima is probably the only unit you could convince me to put Dragon Wall on, and that's only until S/R Near Trace is released.

I do not think S/R Near Trace is necessarily better depending on what role you want her to do.

41 minutes ago, Lanko said:

Ullr is a nuke. For me personally, she is much better than Dagr in most cases since she is can fight at range. She is much better on tank busting teams since she can more safely hit units at a distance; and for the same reason, she is better on a general purpose player phase team too, although general purpose player phase teams are not that relevant in Aether Raids right now. The only team I need Dagr in is for my infantry Galeforce team, since she can Galeforce herself and help my infantry move a bit farther. However, keep in mind that both are still dead weight in most other teams, so I do not think she is necessary.

Chrom: Crowned Exalt is a Legendary Hero, so he is not really comparable to Ullr. You need Ullr/Dagr every other week. You can only use Chrom: Crowned Exalt when it is Water Season for scoring purposes, and he counts as a regular hero, not a Mythic. Besides scoring, as a combat unit, he is a dual phase unit, so he is not comparable to Ullr in that sense either. You use dual phase units to fight at whatever phase the enemy is weak in; for example, he should initiate on enemy nukes since nukes have a weak enemy phase, and he should let enemy tanks initiate on him since tanks have a weak player phase. As a counter to armor though, he is not that great against the latest and greatest armor units. He also functions as a pseudo Dancer/Singer to get allies out of enemy range, but that is only really relevant in Limited Hero Battles since no where else limits the number of Dancers/Singers you can use.

Edited by XRay

48 minutes ago, XRay said:

Now that we can lock Aether Raids offense teams, Arena teams, and a whole bunch of other teams, there is actually less need to move things around, so I do not think moving Quick Riposte once in a while would be a huge hassle.

And for veterans or whales with lots of super strong units, they can even lock and save Arena Assault teams since they have less need to counter pick.

Still a hassle.

49 minutes ago, XRay said:

Being able to use Save armors for every game would be nice though for Limited Hero Battles.

I don't have trouble with Limited Hero Battles. Building a new Save tank simply for convenience is not worth it.

49 minutes ago, XRay said:

She is fast enough that Quick Riposte on Sacred Seal is good enough in my opinion. Edelgard: Hegemon Husk is so slow that other slow pokes generally have no issue doubling her if they got Quick Riposte or something.

Yes, I know. But that requires me to move my Quick Riposte Sacred Seal, and I don't have the patience to deal with that shit, especially during Arena Assault.

50 minutes ago, XRay said:

Although she is a Harmonized Hero, in my opinion, I do not think she is meant for Resonant Battles since she is not cavalry and have pretty poor player phase performance. You generally want to use Harmonized cavalry and/or Dancers/Singers in that mode to clear things quickly. I mostly use her in Arena Assault on teams between 3 and 6 as a super tank.

That doesn't change that fact that I don't use her in any other mode.

51 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think it is better to reduce damage in the first place rather than trying to heal it back up with a Special though, and you can push Guard to the A slot and run Hilda: Deer's Two-Piece or Velouria: Renewed Wolfpup for Special charge increase.

Winter Sothis cannot run Guard in the A slot because she doesn't have Distant Counter on her weapon. I don't have Hilda or Velouria built and have no plans on building them anytime soon, and offloading functions onto teammates is inconvenient for Arena Assault where it is significantly less trouble to just have a unit that can be dropped onto any team and do what it needs to do.

53 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think S/R Near Trace is necessarily better depending on what role you want her to do.

Near Trace is more convenient.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Still a hassle.

With locked teams, multiple units can run the same Sacred Seal. Once you lock Quick Riposte onto a team, the team will have it forever, and you can move Quick Riposte back onto Fjorm.

The only difference between the current system and Sacred Seals no longer actively limited to one unit is that the current system does not allow multiple units on the same team to use the same Sacred Seal.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Winter Sothis cannot run Guard in the A slot because she doesn't have Distant Counter on her weapon. I don't have Hilda or Velouria built and have no plans on building them anytime soon, and offloading functions onto teammates is inconvenient for Arena Assault where it is significantly less trouble to just have a unit that can be dropped onto any team and do what it needs to do.

Picking a preset team is far faster and more convenient than counter picking individual units to form a team. If you really need to counter pick, you can preset counter teams before hand too.

Edited by XRay