Mythic Hero - Ullr: The Bowmaster

Jave

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

With locked teams, multiple units can run the same Sacred Seal. Once you lock Quick Riposte onto a team, the team will have it forever, and you can move Quick Riposte back onto Fjorm.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Picking a preset team is far faster and more convenient than counter picking individual units to form a team. If you really need to counter pick, you can preset counter teams before hand too.

I no longer use pre-constructed teams in Arena Assault.

Pre-constructed teams are not more convenient when you do not win and have to start all over again.

Pre-constructing counter teams in inefficient because a team needs to be able to handle all 4 members of the opponent's team, and the teams I end up fighting are varied enough that I can rarely use "conventional" team compositions anymore. Even my anchor teams that I use for the last 2-3 rounds, which have my heavy hitters that work against nearly everything, like Ophelia, Legendary Lilina, Legendary Byleth, Duo Lyn, etc. are rarely usable because I've already used one member in a previous round.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Pre-constructing counter teams in inefficient because a team needs to be able to handle all 4 members of the opponent's team, and the teams I end up fighting are varied enough that I can rarely use "conventional" team compositions anymore. Even my anchor teams that I use for the last 2-3 rounds, which have my heavy hitters that work against nearly everything, like Ophelia, Legendary Lilina, Legendary Byleth, Duo Lyn, etc. are rarely usable because I've already used one member in a previous round.

I do not think prebuilt teams are inefficent. My teams 2 to 6 are just some variation of Firesweeper, two Dancers/Singers, and whatever strong nuke or tank buster. The combinations with a strong nuke can handle 99% of the stuff out there already, and the combinations with tank busters are mostly there to make killing armor teams faster.

Team 7 is basically my Aether Raids super tank team, and Ike: Brave Mercenary has not failed me this year yet. In fact, I do not remember the last time he failed me. Even without Mythic stats, he got no issues against Edelgard: Hegemon Husk nor anyone else really. Due to varying map layout, Arena teams are just too disorganized to pose any challenge to Aether Raids styled super tank teams under player control. Now that I got a bunch of Dragon Walls, I plan to turn Team 6 into another super tank team with Myrrh: Spring Harmony, and I can probably do another super tank team with Eirika: Twin Refulgence for 5 next year once I have more support units.

My luck with this banner is so bad, and I'm so sick of seeing Seiros come out, that I'm now just playing a game of "pull until I get Seiros and then quit for the rest of the day". I got to 67 pulls yesterday and 23 pulls today. No Ulir in either set because of course it would.

My totals right now after 393 total pulls:

• 6 Ulir
  • 15 Seiros
  • 11 Dimitri
  • 1 Sigurd
  • 2 Celice
  • 1 Reginn
  • 1 Eir
  • 1 Louise

9.7% 5-star rate. 1.5% Ulir rate.

Back-of-the-envelope calculation gets that the average summon rate for any single character when sniping on a Legendary/Mythic Hero banner should be around 2.6% after factoring in both the pity rate and the probability that a summon circle doesn't contain the color you're sniping.

Meanwhile, I managed to channel my blue dragon luck into the Nifl banner and got 12 copies of Nifl (the 12th was the first +Spd, hence why I pulled that many) while being slightly under budget, while also picking up 2 copies of Nils in the process (also 2 copies of Ylgr, 2 copies of Tsubasa, and 3 copies of Brave Lucina).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:
  • 15 Seiros

Damn. Do you have two copies of Seiros+10 now?

At least you got Ullr to +5, so it is something.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Damn. Do you have two copies of Seiros+10 now?

At least you got Ullr to +5, so it is something.

Seiros was unmerged before this banner.

The problem with Ulir only being +5 is the fact that I needed more copies of her than Dimitri (9) and Seiros (10) combined due to the fact that she actually has valuable skill fodder. I have 3 units currently waiting on Life and Death 4 (Brave Lyn, Legendary Julia, and Legendary Lilina) and literally every bow unit waiting on Deadeye.

It's been a recurring issue with my shit-ass luck that I get significantly fewer of the new unit than I get of the two units that share its color when I'm actually trying to get large numbers of copies of them, what with

• 18 copies of Claude and 17 copies of Corrin to only 11 copies of Ashera,
  • 10 copies of Bramimond and 9 copies of Mila to only 3 copies of Corrin, and
  • 15 copies of Celica and 15 copies of Nagi to only 11 copies of Edelgard,

these being the only Legendary/Mythic Hero banners that I actually tried to pull merges for since January of 2020 when I went into low-maintenance mode with this game.

I could easily be convinced with these numbers that the summon rates for new Legendary/Mythic Heroes are lower than for the other two characters sharing its color. With a back-of-the-envelope calculation, the probability that you'd get pulls this bad are less than 2% (I'm more than 2 standard deviations from the mean).

Edited by Ice Dragon

56 minutes ago, Faellin said:

I didn't really see while it was active. But when are Sigurd's and Ullr's next rerun?

You can still find the announcement on the in-game bulletin board if you go back a few pages (the board pins currently active events in front, even if they're a month old, so recent posts that are for past events will end up a few pages in).

Ulir returns in October, and Sigurd returns in November.