Now that Ullr opened the floodgates, what obscure character would you like to see next?

DefyingFates

I know Altina sort of did the "never-seen-in-the-flesh-before" Hero thing first, but she appeared in artwork during FE10 compared to Ullr who was only seen in bonus material, so I choose to count this as the potential start of a new trend.

Anyway, there are a ton of legendary people in FE lore, both mythical and others just incredibly skilled that we've never seen before (like Sue and Neimi's grandfathers). Who among them would you like to see join FEH next, as a Mythic Hero or otherwise?

I for one would like to see Nada Kuya, who admittedly has even less of a change of showing up than Ullr considering she's only mentioned in Eirika and Saleh's B Support and their paired ending. She's a personal hero for Saleh's people that he compares Eirika to (and considering her daughter is said to resemble her, I imagine there's some visual similarities too) and I think it would be cool to see how they'd do a 'proto-Eirika' design like that. And more importantly, she's heavily implied to have wielded (a) Falchion, and I'd love to learn more about that as futile as it is to try to unify different continuities together like that. For a more recent example, Forneus (Grima's creator) could be a fascinating choice too, also for pure lore reasons (though it'd be hilarious for him to be a 2021/ 2022 Mythic compared to the 2018 Legendary Grima).

What do you think? Having not played FE4 I have no attachment to Ullr or the other Crusaders myself, but if Ullr really is the start of something I'm really excited to see where it could go.

Edited by DefyingFates

I don't tend to have much interest in characters this minor, but Nal would be nice for adding Helswath into the game. Personally I'd prefer Lombard or Brian, but those two seem even less likely at this point. (Nal would be more exciting than Danann, though.)

51 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't tend to have much interest in characters this minor, but Nal would be nice for adding Helswath into the game. Personally I'd prefer Lombard or Brian, but those two seem even less likely at this point. (Nal would be more exciting than Danann, though.)

These are the other Crusaders, I take it?

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

These are the other Crusaders, I take it?

Nal is a crusader, the other three are his descendants and the other named characters able to use Helswath. Lombard and Brian use it as bosses, while Danann does not.

Not technically "obscure" but maybe the Rainbow Sage?

...yes the old man who is dead by the end of all 3 paths of Fates, two of which he is actively killed in. He was one of the First Dragons in his prime, it could be interesting to get a version of him where is at full power and ready to blast enemies with rainbows or something.

...he did also craft the 5 regalia of Fates, sure.

10 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Not technically "obscure" but maybe the Rainbow Sage?

...yes the old man who is dead by the end of all 3 paths of Fates, two of which he is actively killed in. He was one of the First Dragons in his prime, it could be interesting to get a version of him where is at full power and ready to blast enemies with rainbows or something.

...he did also craft the 5 regalia of Fates, sure.

He does sound like a viable mythic. He's got some fans - he got 46 votes in CYL5, tied with Phina, and just ahead of Solon and Dithorba. (Although being on CYL at all seems like a step above what this is focusing on.)

1 minute ago, Othin said:

He does sound like a viable mythic. He's got some fans - he got 46 votes in CYL5, tied with Phina, and just ahead of Solon and Dithorba. (Although being on CYL at all seems like a step above what this is focusing on.)

I say "technically obscure" because the Rainbow Sage is one of the only First Dragons we get to see in Fates (who isn't actively trying to kill the player at least), and there's apparently a whole plethora of them in the lore of the World of Fates.
Thinking about it, every single land has figures like that. In most cases it's just figures who wielded the legendary weapons of their land, but even in the case of Jugdral the twelve crusaders still got their power from dragons, and as far as I can remember the only ones named were Naga, Loptous, Forseti, and... I think it was Salamander?

Rainbow Sage would have to be deaged by a lot before he would be a viable mythic, if you ask me, and at that point I feel like he'd be obscure.

I'd love to see any of the Cipher characters or the FE 6 manga characters like Al and whatnot. I think Cipher could make at least two good banners, and Al, Tiena, and Gant could make a solid banner if combined with Rowan and Lianna from Warriors. Or the missing TMS#FE characters with Warriors characters, and then Al, Tiena, and Gant could be a regular FE 6 banner. (Or add Hartmut and/or Magough.) 

37 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I say "technically obscure" because the Rainbow Sage is one of the only First Dragons we get to see in Fates (who isn't actively trying to kill the player at least), and there's apparently a whole plethora of them in the lore of the World of Fates.
Thinking about it, every single land has figures like that. In most cases it's just figures who wielded the legendary weapons of their land, but even in the case of Jugdral the twelve crusaders still got their power from dragons, and as far as I can remember the only ones named were Naga, Loptous, Forseti, and... I think it was Salamander?

Rainbow Sage would have to be deaged by a lot before he would be a viable mythic, if you ask me, and at that point I feel like he'd be obscure.

That makes sense, yeah.

Wiki says Salamand. Incidentally, from a character rather than weapon perspective, my big picks from Jugdral's history would be Heim, Fjalar, Forseti, and Galle/Loptous. Heim, Fjalar, and Galle are the progenitors who really stand out from their descendants, while Forseti and Loptous are the most relevant dragons.

Honestly, I don't know enough about any of the potential 'far-out' Mythics this thread is referencing.

That said, I'll not say no to more Heroes from 'far-out' Lore.

Batta the BEAST

I'd probably say Hartmut since he was the original wielder of the Binding Blade, so it'd be interesting to see how he transitions into Heroes.

59 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'd love to see any of the Cipher characters or the FE 6 manga characters like Al and whatnot. I think Cipher could make at least two good banners, and Al, Tiena, and Gant could make a solid banner if combined with Rowan and Lianna from Warriors. Or the missing TMS#FE characters with Warriors characters, and then Al, Tiena, and Gant could be a regular FE 6 banner. (Or add Hartmut and/or Magough.) 

Hell yeah, I'd love to see Al! I haven't read the manga he's from, but I know who he is. He could make his first video game appearance in Heroes, which would be super swick.

I want, like, all of the Hasha characters:

• Legendary Alle (Dragon Lord with Conqueror's Sword)
  • Gant (Near Save tank)
  • Tiena (prefixed Aureola)
  • Kilmer (Prf Ninja Katana)
  • Jeed
  • Jemmy
  • Mague (yet another Durandal)
  • Mileza
  • Murdock (Tomahawk)
  • Legendary Zephiel (Binding Blade + Eckesachs with Prf Special Basileus Dine)
  • Mythic Hartmut (Zephiel, but Mythic)
  • Audamothe
Spoiler

Mythic Alle (Origin Dragon)

Maybe Warren, Kulzard, and Celdia, too. Maybe.

Why isn't Murdock in this game yet? And he'd better be min-maxed to hell and back when he arrives. And give his Tomahawk Null C-Disrupt just to make Sweepers cry.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Whoever the heck Tiki's dad is. Think about it: whoever he was, he managed to charm Naga herself enough to impregnate her.

If people with faces can be included, then I have a huge, long list otherwise as this is my category of characters I want in Heroes (they're mostly parents, I think.) Characters on the player's roster in other games are a bit "eh" for me since, well, we already got to play them/get to know them. Also, I don't count anyone who was only playable for a single map, or was an Einhejar or something similar.

Edit: (I should maybe list examples, so...) Elena (FE9), Miklan - beast unit (3H), Gustav (Heroes), Raijaon (FE9), Almedha (FE10)... And so on.

Glad we got Berkut, Rinea, and Fernand, though (I was worried we wouldn't get Fernand in particular.)

Edited by Mercakete

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Whoever the heck Tiki's dad is. Think about it: whoever he was, he managed to charm Naga herself

When you put it that way... yeah, you're right! And I had a feeling you were going to mention Elena too 🙂

3 hours ago, Florete said:

Elimine, the one whose only artwork showed up in a game that is otherwise completely unrelated to Fire Emblem (Mario Kart: Double Dash).

That explains the joke I saw on the subreddit...

I wouldn't say they're obscure, but Roland and Durban who appeared in Blazing Sword, the ones who originally wielded Durandal and Armads respectively.  It'd be intresting to see those weapons' potential unshackled, as they were toned down in the game's lore (apparently the battle between the 8 legends and the dragons shifted continents?).

...Or literally anyone else who isn't female.  Streaks gotta end someday.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Anri's probably the most obvious one.

I'd love Soan but him being male that's probably a pipe dream. Fully completing the Velthomer family by introducing Fala could be nice. 

Hilda: Am I a joke to you?

And also Ishtore counts too I guess, as her son.

Also, I have a ton of extremely minor characters I want to see get in the game. Aida from FE4 to give Saias his mom back (and she can bring Meteor). Pamela to complete the set. Phila from Awakening, and Layla from Fates cause those designs are too good to waste on characters with no screentime. Rajaion definitely gets on my wishlist and Soan too.

The First Exalt and Azura's dad if characters with no design whatsoever get to have a chance. And of the 10 Elites from Three Houses I really want Maurice just so he can interacr with his gran-gran-grandaughter Marianne.

And speaking of Three Houses, if Gatekeeper can get in, then give me Fleche! And Holst! And Monica, Tomas and Cornelia before they were replaced by the Slytherers. From Sacred Stones give me Morva and the Five Heroes, who cares if you need to invent names for half of them. Obviously finishing off the Eight Legends and the 12 Crusaders is important too.

And Sonya's sisters! And all the morphs! But more than anyone else I want to get at least one of the substitute children from FE4. I know that unlike the others on my list they are playable characters, but they still feel even more obscure than lore characters, because we are getting lore characters and they are still missing. Jeanne is my favorite, but I will take anyone at this point.

Getting character from Cipher, Warriors and the Champion's Sword manga goes without saying.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot Elena. I'm sorry Mercakete, you are cool for pushing for Elena so hard and I'm 100% with you.

Edited by GrandeRampel

I'm still think the next Crusader that might deserve to be added to Heroes is Badlr, the ancestor of Sigurd and Seliph. I totally think he going to get Blue Hair like his decendants since the artbook without any color depicted that he has dark hair.

For the other Legendary characters that I want to see to appear is:

• Anri, the ancestor uncle (I don't what the term suppose to be called) of Marth and Elice
  • Hartmut, ancestor of Zeliph and Guinivere
  • Soan, the ancestor of Stefan and clearly the only of the Three Ashera's Heroes didn't appear in Heroes
  • The First Exalt, the ancestor of Chrom, Lissa, Emmeryn, Lucina, Owain, and Chrom's potential children (I do think Intelligent System could make him a brand new design since he was never been shown in Awakening nor have any illustrations in artbooks unlike Ullr and the other Crusaders)
Edited by King Marth 64