Super Smash Bros. Brawl (contains spoilers)

Hanz

Don't have anything for it yet, so here goes!

http://www.smashbros.com/

You all probably know about that already, but I am posting it anyway. Not too long until we get to play and I am especially excited about battling online with people.

I think I am going to start with Link until I am able to sink into a good groove with someone else.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would much rather them delay it than release it before it should be.

Agreed, I'd rather wait 2 years for a great game than 3 months for a crappy game.

I also really doubt we are going to see very many more characters revealed. I think this is pretty much going to be the starting lineup, and all the unlockables will not appear on the site. That would explain why mainstays like Luigi and Captain Falcon are AWOL at the moment.

Twice? Huh, I only remember the Dec. 3 -> Feb 10...there weren't any other dates other than those 2 (for NA)

My sole complaint is that Ike's Up+B is Aether...disgraces the move..."Great Aether"? it should be the only Aether...but otherwise the game looks great! I'm gonna enjoy it!

yeah, I dont' think so...Melee was, but Brawl never was on the table to be a launch title...they hadn't really even decided to make it until shortly before E3 06 really...

Sakurai wasn't expecting to make it...it'd be pretty tough to make a game in less than a year...besides this is nothing, the original was inteded for the SNES...and it was released in the last year and a half of the N64

now that is delay

*edit*

w00+, 10 posts...I feel so accomplished

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it was originally supposed to be a launch title.

Yeah, I heard that too.

yeah, I dont' think so...Melee was, but Brawl never was on the table to be a launch title...they hadn't really even decided to make it until shortly before E3 06 really...

Sakurai wasn't expecting to make it...it'd be pretty tough to make a game in less than a year...besides this is nothing, the original was inteded for the SNES...and it was released in the last year and a half of the N64

now that is delay

*edit*

w00+, 10 posts...I feel so accomplished

That's incorrect, he found out about it shortly after E3 '04.

That's incorrect, he found out about it shortly after E3 '04.

oh, oops, sorry...I never claim to be completely correct...I didn't actually care about it so much until they started doing the daily updates...that was the sign that the end was in sight...I don't care about when they announce games...why should I burn out my fervor for a game a few years away?

and well google translate for the initial japanese site...well, the way any on-line translator words things can be confusing...I thought he meant E3 06...guess it was 04...

still, only a few weeks till brawl

Now that we're past that, I'm still curious -- How have the delays affected you (if at all)?

The first delay meant I would graduate before it was released.

The second delay meant I couldn't play during Christmas break.

I was upset because I wanted to spend most (if not all) of Christmas break playing it...seriously all my friends and I were going to get together and play it nonstop first chance we got...and then it got delayed...I was depressed for a few days...

Heh, I was just think about making this topic to...

Anyways, the delay isn't much of a concern to me, as the game needs to be better then the first, which is what the demo in the E for all conference was for. I say take all the time you need, as long as it comes out sometime and my pre-order is still intact, I don't care. Wasted slot though using Olimar, that was a WRONG move.

Heh, I was just think about making this topic to...

Anyways, the delay isn't much of a concern to me, as the game needs to be better then the first, which is what the demo in the E for all conference was for. I say take all the time you need, as long as it comes out sometime and my pre-order is still intact, I don't care. Wasted slot though using Olimar, that was a WRONG move.

Captain Olimar isn't a wasted spot though...

Anyways, who's your favorite character that we know of so far? Mine's The Pokémon Trainer. (Prepares for tons of "Liek, OMG IKE"s)

Highly doubtful, as its most likely that his Down B is for getting pikman, which is the only way he can attack. All you have to do is keep the pressure on the person and he'll be easy to beat. I don't see the advantages to him at all.

My favorite? Mario.