Super Smash Bros. Brawl (contains spoilers)

Hanz

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True enough, I just hope they make Ike faster and more useable, from what I hear at the demo, he was utterly horrid.

From what I heard, he was extremely slow but was over-powered. I also heard that Bowser is awesome and Fox got nerfed.

Heh, I was just think about making this topic to...

Anyways, the delay isn't much of a concern to me, as the game needs to be better then the first, which is what the demo in the E for all conference was for. I say take all the time you need, as long as it comes out sometime and my pre-order is still intact, I don't care. Wasted slot though using Olimar, that was a WRONG move.

the first? I think you mean second, first was SSB(64), second was Melee [sSBM], third being Brawl [sSBB] (watch someone have beaten me to this)

what, you don't like Olimar? He is the tallest person who is 1 inch tall if you ask me...if you were 1 inch tall, I'd like to see you be as tall as a monkey (Diddy)...he wins props for breaking general laws of life...

I liked the Pikmin games...admittedly there are better obscure choices for Brawlers (Pheonix Wright, Dr. Ryuta Kawashima*) I wanted to play as Captain Olimar since Melee...I thought it would be awesome to have a personal army of pikmin attack your foes...

oh and it would be pretty hard to make Pheonix or the Dr. anything more than Assist Trophies, I admit

*Dr. Ryuta Kawashima is the floating head guy from Brain Age

What about characters you are hoping to see return?

Personally, Ganondorf needs to come back, as he was one of my favorites to use in Melee.

What about characters you are hoping to see return?

Personally, Ganondorf needs to come back, as he was one of my favorites to use in Melee.

Marth is pretty much in. Jigglez and Ness (however low of a chance he has) I hope are in. Ganondorf is most definately in, probably with a new move set as the only reason he was a clone of Captain Falcon was because there was a strict deadline (unlike in this one) Captain Falcon and Luigi are pretty much in. Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, and Pichu are pretty much out. Everyone else has a decent chance. Except Mr. Game and Watch is most definately in.

Yes, that was my bad, I meant Melee. The Pikman games weren't bad, but I would have liked to see someone else in his place, like Geno, or Sigurd. I hope either Marth or Roy show up, along with Luigi, as green is cool.

My favorite would have to be Meta Knight. Finally a sword user who will have half-decent aerials, link practically teleported to the ground when you pressed the A button in mid-air...Marth and Roy, well they weren't as bad, but I REALLY like aerial moves, and sword users left a bitter taste in my mouth in melee...

oh and MK beats out Pit, if only because MK doesn't wear short shorts...and have a bow...

hey pit, your bow does approx. no damage, but at least the arrows go further than links

fists, feet, guns, and swords only thank you

no, I haven't really developed any particular skill for a single character...

Marth has good aerials, this I know, I am good with him, but it's hard to kill people in the MPoL (Mosh Pit of Love, lower area in Temple, called such because everyone beats on each other and gets high %) as him, and since Temple is the main stage I play against my friend who usually plays ganon...he'll wait down there...and it makes it hard to win

Marth's side-smash is great, but I can't find any other good killing moves as him

Game and Watch has to return, he was so fun to play as...his neutral A in mid air was cheap, but awesome

Like I said, he will most definately return. Have you ever heard of the Icon Theory 2? Well, here it is:

Go to the dojo, there? Good. Right click and go down to properties on every icon. You'll find that 1 is the generic smash symbol, 2-11 originated in Smash 64, 12 and 14 are Fire Emblem and Ice Climber, A.K.A. from Melee, and after 14 is Brawl originated. But what could be number 13... the only one that fits the "pattern" could be Game and Watch.

Oh, I never play on Temple, but I don't think any character can really use aerials well in that lower section, much less sword users.

Try out Marth's dAir, it wrecks.

all right, my main issue'd be getting them over the edge to use said dAir

yeah Temple, Final Dest. and Corneria are pretty much the only places I play, I go to the great bay occasionally...well Ganon's air is crazy good anywhere, same holds true below the Temple and Game & Watch's neutralAir also works pretty well

yes, I have heard of the Icon theory, but wasn't disproven when sonic came in? or was it the DS icon with Pictochat...can't remember, but an update somewhere around there cast a shadow on the theory because it added an icon that couldn't fit

all right, my main issue'd be getting them over the edge to use said dAir

yeah Temple, Final Dest. and Corneria are pretty much the only places I play, I go to the great bay occasionally...well Ganon's air is crazy good anywhere, same holds true below the Temple and Game & Watch's neutralAir also works pretty well

yes, I have heard of the Icon theory, but wasn't disproven when sonic came in? or was it the DS icon with Pictochat...can't remember, but an update somewhere around there cast a shadow on the theory because it added an icon that couldn't fit

You're thinking of the original Icon Theory, you know the one where there were only 20 icons and something about the first letter, yeah I don't know. Anyways, I'm talking about the 2nd one where icons from the original are first, icons from Melee are 2nd, and icons from Brawl are last, and unless icon number 13 isn't Game and Watch it's true.

Up-tilt and forward-air are both good at setting it up. You could also use grabs.

except up-tilt makes you jump (which can be fixed in brawl) and well Marth's (and Roy's) grabs suck...and have no range...you have to be overlapping to grab them practically...though it is a good idea...have to try that next time, thanks!

If you are careful, uTilt isn't very hard. For example, many moves have a tiny bit of lag afterwards, where you can hold up and nothing happens. Then all you have to do is press A.

About grab length, you're completely wrong. Besides Samus and [Young] Link, Marth has the longest reach in the game. I won't blame you if you don't believe at first, but it's true.

oh...sorry but mentally I judge grabs based on their effectiveness...as in, Mewtwo, Ness, and maybe Zelda would be good throwers, because the enemy flies far...I don't usually think of range and mentally the throw replaces grab...and since grabs were over powered in the first and character dependent in melee...

yeah, it'd take practice to find a move with a good lag period...and considering you can't really move, decreases efficiency...I noticed this problem as Ness, his uptilt A is good...but you can't use it effectively

Personally, Ganandorf has like the worst throws in the game. It's really pathetic. But he's still my favorit character as far as being fun to play with.

Seriously, I would be willing to bet that they keep everyone from the original excepting Ness seeing as he has been "replaced" by Lucas.

I never played the N64 one that much and therefore don't use grabs a ton. Besides, everyone I play against sucks enough that there is no point in playing the game until my hands bleed just so that I can wavedash.

And to dredge up old topics, I am glad they took out the up-tap jump because it pisses me off.

As far as actual spikes, no one wins versus Falco.

Meh, Marth and Roy both annoy me because (for me at least) their range is too long, they are waaay over powered (they can seriously easily kill you with less than 50%), and their aerials are hard to time. Plus, they have no long range attacks, and everyone I know (besides myself) plays with them as one of their best 3 characters (that may or may not be exaggeration).

Roy is middle tier, but Marth is one of the top 5 characters in the game. Who needs long range weaponry when you have SWORDS?! :D

Ness is almost perfectly copied by Lucas. They better seriously change him (Ness) if he's going to be playable.

Besides, everyone I play against sucks enough that there is no point in playing the game until my hands bleed just so that I can wavedash.

I hope you mean your sister, her BF, and your parents, I do not suck that much...unless by sucks enough, you mean "isn't a l33+ hack that you need pro-level strategies to beat"

and to the rest of the world, this is my friend who spams Ganondorf as I previously mentioned...he's probably better than me though...and I got him to join here, I feel accomplished