Mythic Hero Battle - Ullr: The Bowmaster

Some Jerk

And before I forget, here's mine:

----------

@BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @Maaka @GuiltyLove @Wanda @daisy jane @Diovani Bressan

Beullr? Beullr? Beullr?

I expected the obligatory Near Save armor to make meleeing Ullr not worth the trouble. I didn't expect the sheer bullshit those Bow Cavaliers would be putting out; that Spendthrift Cav turning my Midori strats back on me was not a pleasant experience. Getting rid of him was 50% of my difficulty with the map, especially since I couldn't rip into him immediately thanks to the Red Mage's Guard denying Silvia's Galeforce.

The other 50% of my difficulty was overcoming three separate instances of "you miss this kill by 1 point of Atk" -- the Red Mage, the Spendthrift Cav, and the Axe Dragon were giving me a lot of grief, and it wasn't helped by the Cleric's Sabotage Atk and Panic Ploy hitting all the right spots at the worst possible times. The solution, somewhat to my sadness, was to sacrifice a Lilith to give Balldigan Joint Drive Atk (I actually thought he had it already, but it was Joint Hone Atk instead).

Thankfully, that was the end of my frustrations. Once the Bow Cavs were gone and Ullr sucked down a Blazing Wind, the rest of the map just folded. I did try to do some Silvia memes on the boss and wanted to use Frenzy, but both were a no go: she needed the Ninja Katana to get rid of that awful Spendthrift Cav (she could be made to double Ullr with the Cake Cutter though), and movement strats demanded that Close Call be used today.

Anyway, now I'm off to enjoy Blaster Master Zero III.

Edited by Some Jerk

This map looked pretty challenging. Those bow cavs hit hard, there is a giant blue fridge and Ullr has that auto special/pretty much guaranteed double.

However this map was made for Boey and Gordin so they had little issue with this map. Summer Ashe got his second time to show because I need a return investment on that orb stash I emptied on him. I'm not entirely sure why Deadeye did't do any extra damage at the end, but i'll take it.

@Diovani Bressan @BoaFerox @Unknown Gamer11 @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster

Edited by Sasori

This map was easy to clear in one turn once I realized the green armored unit was close enough for NY!Anna to snipe. Especially since dealing with the enemy reinforcements on this map was not fun to work around.

Edited by NSSKG151

@Some Jerk That looked way too crowded. What an annoying map. I'm glad Azura was able to use her AoE on Ullr. Seeing Eldigan double someone always looks weird to me.

@NSSKG151 Your Anna and Phina team never fails to get the job done! Apotheosis Anna is too fast.

I couldn't do a clear with only Whitewings. This map is really hard because of all the ranged units. Good thing I could rely on Triangle Attack strategies to get rid of most of my foes!

@Flying Shogi @Landmaster @BoaFerox @Unknown Gamer11 @LoneStar  

This map looks like it was specifically designed to fuck over Save cheese, but I wasn't going to let that stop me from Save scumming my way through it.

TUqPO8y.png

Easy peasy, though it needed a few skill changes from my usual setup:

+1+5 Valentine Henriette [+Def] (Unity Blooms+ [Def], Reposition, Iceberg, Distant Def 4, Slick Fighter 3, A/R Far Save 3, Distant Def 3)
+10+0 Brave Hector [+Atk] (Maltet [unique], Reposition, Bonfire, Ostian Counter, Bold Fighter 3, Armor March 3, Death Blow 3)
+1+5 Valentine Gustav [+Def] (Loyalist Axe, Reposition, Bonfire, Close Def 4, Crafty Fighter 3, D/R Near Save 3, Distant Guard 3)
+2+5 Fallen Edelgard [+Atk] (Twin-Crest Power, Reposition, Bonfire, Atk/Def Ideal 4, Armored Wall, Armored Stride 3, Mystic Boost 3)

Gustav's Distant Guard was needed so Henriette could do enough damage to the Spendthrift Bow with Iceberg in order for Gustav and her to finish it off on the following player phase. Between Henriette's counterattacks and Gustav and Henriette's attacks on player phase, they deal exactly enough damage to kill it.

Death Blow and Bonfire on Hector allows him to one-round kill Ulir on player phase after being hit with Sabotage Atk from the staff. He deals 81 damage to her 79 HP. The fact that Ulir only has the half of Null Follow-Up that prevents her follow-ups from being blocked is a lifesaver.

Edelgard rushes out to take down the Firesweep Bow on the second turn to keep it away from everyone else. She then just hangs out down there and keeps most of the enemies busy while staying out of Ulir's range. Ulir takes the right bridge up and is intercepted by Hector.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Didn't take me that long to find a solution to this map. When I saw in the trailer that Ullr's prf B skill doesn't nullifies foe's guaranteed follow-ups, I already thought "good, she will die to Veronica".

The only wall I had to deal with was that Mage with Guard and that Spendthrift Bow Cav. But my Ayra did the job very well thanks to her refinement.

@BoaFerox @Maaka @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @mcsilas

@Some Jerk An AoE special was a good idea to deal with Ullr, and Close Call's after combat effect was also very useful for the attack and retreat strategy you used. Nice job! Good taste for games as well. I am enjoying Blaster Master Zero III too.

@Sasori Just for having Ashe on it it's already a great clear. But everyone here did a good job, especially your Gordin. Good to see Boey in action as well. I +10d Boey come months ago, when I got some Duel 4 fodder from Pent, and he is great in Arena.

@Alexmender Very cheesy! But still enjoyable, that's for sure.

@GuiltyLove Oh, I liked how you used the Triangle Attack status to force you way into enemy team and reach Ullr on turn 2. That was well done! Bride Catria is such great unit because of that.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

This one was not too hard in hindsight, my issue was forgetting what I did and having to keep resetting (sure the time at the top of the recording gave that away)

@Some Jerk - Impressive as always from the dancers. Puddles is putting in so much work with these clears, I'd say she's on Silvia's level by now.

@Sasori - Boey is the best boy when it comes to having to tank Ullr. Actually a lot of the archers, TBH. It's also nice seeing how good Ashe is since I wasn't able to get him. His mobility was really good for this map.

@Alexmender - Powercreep doesn't matter to the W!Altina cheese, I shouldn't be surprised at how these maps still fall so easily against her.

@NSSKG151 - Pretty sexy one turn, everything fell into place nicely~

@GuiltyLove - Nice one, I'm surprised you found the ranged Fliers more optimal with so many ranged threats but it worked out well. With Bride Catria, you can't really go wrong with any team.

@Diovani Bressan - Nice clear, Ayra's new to these one turns~ Always love seeing H!Nowi!~

@Landmaster It's nice seeing Pegasus Carrot. I was going to use that strategy with Spring Palla to take out the armored axe at the beginning, but then the rest of the map wasn't very feasible. Like you said, there are a lot of ranged threats; the lance enemy with Ruse also messed up a lot of Galeforce plans I had with Catria... Glad Elise Emblem could eke out a victory! 

13 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Byleth actually doubled Ullr? Impressive...

Yeah, I was surprised. She did it in Infernal, so I was wondering if it would still work in Abyssal. Also nice of Ullr to lower her defense with LnD.

@GuiltyLove I was wondering how you would get around all the bow units with your flying team. Nice to see you were able to pull it off!

@Landmaster Another win for the Elise team. It was impressive that you took out the mob close to Ullr on the bottom of the screen without being in her attack range.

@Diovani Bressan: Ashe does make everything better XD. Boey meanwhile works pretty well as a anti meta unit since there are so many physical blue's and colourless around.

Also nice run. I don't think i've seen Alm use his prf in your runs before and Nowi teleports are always insane to see.

@Landmaster: I almost wasn't able to get Ashe. Wasted around 200 orbs with only him and untill the last batch I only had a fallen Berkut for my troubles. That banner was the worst. But Boey is indeed the best against archers.

Also did't expect the Elise's to go full on the offense there. They did a good job at clearing the board on Ep. Leaving Ullr pretty defenseless against OG Elise and Selise

First time on this website in a long time. These challenge maps are basically all I do in FE:H now, so I thought I would share what I did in my runs as well. Unfortunately, I have no recording software on my phone so I have to take screenshots as I do it.

Turns out I can't figure out how to upload an image here, at least for now.

For Infernal I ran L!Leif, a dancer, B!Roy, and a galeforce Reginn. Reginn took out the axe knight (after inheriting axebreaker), then its just WoMing and galeforecing to death all the enemies bar the lance unit, who attacks into the dancer positioned there (I used P!Azura). Then Leif takes out that guy and the flier above with a dance as Reginn is repositioned so she can take out the final reinforcement bow cavalier.

For Abyssal, Reginn needed an armoursmasher. I used Reginn (after giving her too much stuff lol), Reinhardt, NY!Micaiah, and Cordelia. Reginn takes out the axe knight again, then Cordelia WoMs down to kill the lance user and the red mage, activating defense smoke on Ullr. Reinhardt WoMs to Cordelia and kills Reginn, then Micaiah WoMs to Cordelia so she can take out the bow cavalier. Finally Reginn kills the cleric. I'm actually really proud of myself for being able to find a one turn solution I could do!

If anyone can help me with adding images for next time (the upcoming limited battle set, I think), I would be very appreciative!

I ended up beating this map with Whitewings, though I must admit that using the Duo Skill makes me ashamed, as I really don't like using them. Despite my misgivings, there was no other way for me to break through Wary Fighter except with Pegasus Carrot, but Spring Palla had some trouble with this map. I think Summer Caeda's Flow Refresh might work, but I don't have her. 

@NSSKG151 @Unknown Gamer11 @Landmaster @Diovani Bressan @Some Jerk @BoaFerox 

@Some Jerk Spirited Spear is a good addition to Eldigan's kit. The dancers kill stuff despite everything as usual.

@Sasori Welp, colour me impressed, good shit Boey. Kinda funny that he was running from a blue dragon the same turn he tanked Ullr lol.

@Alexmender Nice HildaMari. Definitely makes Altina even more busted.

@NSSKG151 Do I have memory loss, or is this your first time putting on music? Anyway, nice Flashing 4s. Doubled Ullr quite easily.

@Diovani Bressan Yeah, Ayra is great for Galeforce now too, even if it isn't her strongest set. I guess Byleth still works. Is there a particular reason that the mage had to die first at the end? I might have just forgotten about the passives.

@Landmaster Bath Elise has the perfect answer to disgusting green Near Save fridge. Speaking of Elises, Maribelle's new refine is pretty neat. Does she count?

Was pretty busy with the end of my semester, but things are winding down. Brought out the good ol' team, except Kagero is now replaced with better Kagero. Sorry girl.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• 4 weeks later...

@GuiltyLove - Nice work. Est and OG!Catria did some nice work here. Harmonic Catria is always clutch giving everyone doubles. 

@SatsumaFSoysoy - I like Maribelle's refine, actually. Though it'd be hard to slot her into the team without something like Rescue or Return.

Nyx is really great~ Veronica was actually quite useful to actual be a healer this time, Celica and Nyx managed several rounds of combat just fine

• 2 months later...

Hope this isn't too late to share, catching up on some battles 

One turn clear with Brave Dimitri, Bunny Saleh, Bride Ninian and Astram
Reducing Astram's hp to trigger WoM was such a pain lol 

Late to reply here, but I guess the battle recently became available again so now is a good time.

@Some Jerk Dancers doing their stuff as usual. Always annoying when you get those one HP misses, but at least that Lilith didn't die in vain and the Drive will come in handy in the future.

@Sasori Nice to see Ashe, he did nicely in this team! Also if you're still wondering about that Deadeye at the end I believe the bow flier was only doing 5s to Boyd because of Heavy Blade 4, and the true damage from that is applied after Deadeye's damage is calculated. So Deadeye was multiplying 0 damage by 2 and then getting 5 added to the hit from Heavy Blade 4.

@GuiltyLove Nice clear, this was before Brave Micaiah's refine but she absolutely didn't need it to nuke anything here. Especially when helped by the duo brides. And the Whitewings worked out in the end too! Using a duo skill is fine I think when trying to make a theme like this work, sometimes you gotta use what you get.

@Diovani Bressan Nice one turn clear as usual. You don't expect to see Nowi there without using her warp, but I guess it wasn't needed this time.

@Landmaster Good job by the Elises! I can relate to the forgetting how you did it part, I always feel it when I do any kind of clear that takes more than one turn lol

@ruruo Nice to see someone else who is late. Great one turn clear, that's an awesome Spring Saleh! 

This is my clear from back when the map was first around, so Young Tana is +5 again here. I considered recording a new clear on this map when it was around recently since it seems I could do some neat stuff with Summer Tana's new warp powers here, but I didn't have the time to look at it in the end you you'll have the old clear for now. It features Summer Caeda who was really new at the time, she's an amazing unit and perfect for smashing the armor on this map.