If a remake had Mark able to marry anyone/most characters, who would you marry?

Samz707

Modern FE heavily pushes for Lyn X Mark but who would you have Mark hook up with given the choice?

For me, for a Male Mark, it'll be Vaida, mainly since the few hints towards Mark's backstory in OG FE7 hint towards him being from Bern and I'd be curious to see how they handle that with Vaida who's very loyal to Zephiel.

For a Female Mark, Hector, because he's Hector and I don't care if I'm setting myself to die in an unspecified tragic accident so FE6 can happen because it'll be worth it.

Edited by Samz707

Eliwood, so I can save poor Ninian from her terrible fate.

20 minutes ago, Maof06 said:

Eliwood, so I can save poor Ninian from her terrible fate.

I guess in a sense, you can see Mark matchmaking Ninian/Eliwood together as them unintentionally indirectly killing her.

Edited by Samz707

33 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

For a Female Mark, Hector, because he's Hector and I don't care if I'm setting myself to die in an unspecified tragic accident so FE6 can happen because it'll be worth it.

Definitely the same, but for different reasons. (Although I do think - or rather, I HOPE - that a remake would handle the...ah...removal of Hector's wife from the story far better than the original did, assuming she needs to be removed at all.)

Mark as a unit will hopefully work more like Robin and less like Corrin and Byleth,* and as such at least have some magical potential.* And unless they give Hector an actual magical unit to S-Support, he's marrying Mark.** Add to that the feeling that Hector will probably have better chemistry with Mark than any of his current potential wives, and it's a set outcome to me.***

*Each of the three work differently, but Robin is the only one that can be a truly magical unit. Corrin will always be something of a hybrid who wants magic because of the Dragonstone, but is too bulky to actually use it well (Kana is even worse); and Byleth is, like 80% physical and 20% magical at best. 

**That being said, if they decided to make Ursula recruitable and a potential marriage partner for Hector, I'M GOING FOR IT. Or, you know, just let Hector romance Serra.

***Lyn still has the best chemistry with Hector IMO, but Lyn has great chemistry with pretty much all of her potential paramours. 

15 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

**That being said, if they decided to make Ursula recruitable and a potential marriage partner for Hector, I'M GOING FOR IT. Or, you know, just let Hector romance Serra.

Definitely the same, but for different reasons. (Although I do think - or rather, I HOPE - that a remake would handle the...ah...removal of Hector's wife from the story far better than the original did, assuming she needs to be removed at all.)

I can't say the thought of Ursula and Hector being together is a thought that crossed my mind, that's a new one.

Is there a reason you think they'd get along?

I do know if Lyn has to die (Probably if she's Hector's Wife if she's not going to die already) I do want her demise to be a last-stand defending Sacae, simply because I want the emotional gut-punch of that. (And it'd be more kinda tragic if it's due to saving Zephiel/meaningful than just child-birth.)

Edited by Samz707

20 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

I do know if Lyn has to die (Probably if she's Hector's Wife if she's not going to die already) I do want her demise to be a last-stand defending Sacae, simply because I want the emotional gut-punch of that. (And it'd be more kinda tragic if it's due to saving Zephiel/meaningful than just child-birth.)

Noooo!! Let her live and be an NPC! Or better yet, a unit. Hector's death will be enough of a gut punch, and it would round out the trifecta: You have one of the Old Guard who dies in Hector, one who can't fight in Eliwood, and one who can and does join the fight in Lyn. Besides, we don't have enough middle-aged/elderly* women fighting.

20 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

I can't say the thought of Ursula and Hector being together is a thought that crossed my mind, that's a new one.

Is there a reason you think they'd get along?

It's a crack-ship I have. I wrote a support for it a while ago. Basically I think Ursula would respect Hector and Co for their strength, and Hector personally for his (rarely shown) cynicism and pragmatism. The pairing is mostly Ursula trying to prove her worth to Hector, and, over the course of a lifetime (and a daughter), doing so. I personally would ship Hector and FE8 Selena** more, but I highly doubt IntSys is going to bring a character from a different continent/planet/universe over to Elibe. And if they do, it certainly won't be a dead one...

*Middle aged may be a stretch, depending on how young they make Lyn in FE7. If she's 15-16 during her own story, she'd be roughly 35 in FE6, right? That's far from middle age...then again, it might be considered middle age for the game, so who knows. 

*I wrote a support for that one too. Ultimately, Hector and Selena get together, but Selena refuses to be sworn to another man after the tragedy of Vigarde, so they stay unwed. She travels around the country a lot, and as such isn't as present in Lilina's life growing up. This would also allow her to show up in FE6 without having to miraculously save her from any tragedy or the like. 

21 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Noooo!! Let her live and be an NPC! Or better yet, a unit. Hector's death will be enough of a gut punch, and it would round out the trifecta: You have one of the Old Guard who dies in Hector, one who can't fight in Eliwood, and one who can and does join the fight in Lyn. Besides, we don't have enough middle-aged/elderly* women fighting.

It's a crack-ship I have. I wrote a support for it a while ago. Basically I think Ursula would respect Hector and Co for their strength, and Hector personally for his (rarely shown) cynicism and pragmatism. The pairing is mostly Ursula trying to prove her worth to Hector, and, over the course of a lifetime (and a daughter), doing so. I personally would ship Hector and FE8 Selena** more, but I highly doubt IntSys is going to bring a character from a different continent/planet/universe over to Elibe. And if they do, it certainly won't be a dead one...

*Middle aged may be a stretch, depending on how young they make Lyn in FE7. If she's 15-16 during her own story, she'd be roughly 35 in FE6, right? That's far from middle age...then again, it might be considered middle age for the game, so who knows. 

*I wrote a support for that one too. Ultimately, Hector and Selena get together, but Selena refuses to be sworn to another man after the tragedy of Vigarde, so they stay unwed. She travels around the country a lot, and as such isn't as present in Lilina's life growing up. This would also allow her to show up in FE6 without having to miraculously save her from any tragedy or the like. 

But you see, M-a-x-i-m-u-m  E-m-o-t-i-o-n-a-l P-a-i-n.

I wouldn't mind Lyn coming back but I do wonder if they'd manage to do that well, I do hope the Mani Katti returns at least as an unique weapon, maybe could you get it from some Bern Boss who has it as a War Trophy from Sacae if they don't bring Lyn back, because P-a-i-n.

Eh, by Fe Standards it's probably how old Marcus is in FE7.

I think I might have actually read that a while back.

F!Mark is marrying Lucius.

M!Mark is also marrying Lucius.

Time for a duel-to-the-death with Raven.

17 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Lowen.

I'm sure under that mop of hair he's got beautiful eyes.

I love the notion of Lowen's eyes finally being revealed in an S-support CG a la Awakening.

On the other hand, you can also pair Mark with Nils so the siblings can stay together till the very end.

Canas and Pent, of course!  😛

Assuming Mark is way younger than me, I'd go with Wil, for two reasons:

1. He's hilarious.
2. It gives Wolt a shot at being decent.

F! mark with merlinus. to shit on avatar char fans available option. for the giggles and to give the man some happiness for sticking loyal to house of Pherae

M! mark with Ninian or Isadora maybe? Ninian for when you dont want to mess up Roy lineage by suddenly having dragon blood being canon, but still want ninian dramatic/tragic end. and Isadora because i like pairing strategic type (mark) with knightly type (isadora)

7 hours ago, Samz707 said:

its a genre staple (in japanese-korean-china story at least) for any woman that is a swordwoman will die shortly after giving birth! especially if their child will be someone strong/important. how could you try to avoid it!

.....just kidding. lmao

it sorely need a better excuse for their disappearance, or just remake the entire story that they actually live/survive somewhere if its a remake. whether we can use them or not in the follow up FE6 is irrelevant to me.

Edited by joevar

5 hours ago, Lanko said:

Since anyone is available, then

Male Mark marries Louise and Female Mark marries Dorcas.

The best paired ending.

Edited by Samz707

Lyn absolutely needs to survive FE6, even if she's Hector's/Eliwood's wife, and possibly even as a playable character. I'll ducking riot if they kill her. Not every dang FE7 character has to die in 6.

*Ahem* Honestly, I'm not sure I'd have Mark marry anyone. Most characters already have pretty darn good chemistry with someone else, injecting Mark in there might seem kinda forced. I'd probably play the role of a single dude.

I don't think Mark even if there's ever a remake will have a role with marriage like the protags before (Roy, Robin, Corrin, Byleth) and if i'm quite honest I'm fine with that anyway since from the beginning Mark is played to be a lone wolf and it'd be cool to keep it that way

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe Lyn. There is not a lot of waifus in FE7 imo. Like I LIKE a lot of the characters but Lyn is the only one that's waifu material imo lol

Edited by TheChoZenOne

M!Mark: Serra,  I don't know why either I like her, I use her every FE7 playthrough, Erk has bad taste,  and that's all I can say on the matter.

F!Mark: Serra, because fuck you  because love isn't bound by a fantasy world's, or a real world's societal norms. Or Lucius if F!Mark can't romance other girls.