Know any fun facts/ useless trivia?

You know. Useless stuff like the fact that all the normal versions of the avatars are happy in their default art except for Male Kris. All the female avatars have color advantage over their male counterparts except for Byleth (both are red). And so on.

Upsies made by IS also count. Idk, i'm bored and I wanna read something 🗿

As of this post, there are only 31 characters (3 of which are currently NPCs) that do not share a voice actor in either Japanese or English. They are:

Spoiler

From Heroes: Loki, Hel, Plumeria, Freyja, Henriette, Dagr, Thorr [NPC], Otr [NPC], Eitri [NPC]

From Shadow Dragon / (New) Mystery: Darros

From Shadows of Valentia: Mathilda, Silque, Python, Mila, Luthier

From Genealogy of the Holy War: Lex, Annand, Erinys

From Thracia 776: Ronan

From Binding Blade: Rutger, Galle, Saul, Zelot, Juno
*Side note: Zelot and Juno aren't likely to remain here as they share their Japanese VAs with Basilio and Flavia respectively. 

From Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn: Elincia (as of her Resplendent, which changed her English VA), Dheginsea, Sephiran

From Fates: Silas, Orochi
*Side note: Nyx does not share a VA with a playable character, but does share her Japanese one with Feh (the owl).

From Three Houses: Female!Byleth, Lysithea

For roughly a year after the game's release, if you had multiple sources of guaranteed follow-ups, they would not stack. E.g. if you had two or more stacks of Quick Riposte (from Armads, Quick Riposte, or the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal), a single Wary Fighter or Weaponbreaker would block all of them and force a Spd check. This was eventually changed to the current interaction, though I don't know exactly when.

EDIT:

When Blizzard was first released with the now-named Dominance effect, Panicked bonuses and penalties did not both count towards its effect. If a stat had both a Panicked bonus and a penalty on it, only the larger of the two would count. This is also no longer the case, and now both count towards Dominance's damage.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I think this might count as some fun facts or useless trivia. I think I found few mentioned from Heroes:

1. In one of Sanaki's conversation that she said she's around the same age as Veronica which that possibly makes her 13 years old.
  2. Scathach's former localized name Ulster was moved to Miranda's home kingdom name when Miranda was added in the game.
  3. Summer Tana mentions Eirika to be embarrased to come on the beach which I don't think that was ever been explained in The Sacred Stones.
Edited by King Marth 64

Back when Summer Gaius was released (as apart of Ylissean Summer, one of the first summer summoning events), there was a "mistake" in his attacking and special art: he wasn't holding the bowstring. 

Spoiler

Fire Emblem Heroes - What's Wrong With This Picture? - Gaius | Sirknightj

This has since been rectified, but it was funny when it happened.

Spoiler

Gaius finally learned how to use a bow!: FireEmblemHeroes

Aside from the bowstring, you can see that his hand was also changed to reflect how a bow should be drawn (as in, how you should hold the bowstring and arrow together before firing, although I suppose there's a double meaning in that it's also how the art was supposed to look, too).

Edited by indigoasis

To date (07/31/2021), these are the five most common unit types for Grail units and they're exactly the ones you think they are:

1. Tome Infantry: 17 [9/6/2/0]
GHBs: F!Robin [G], Arvis [R], Oliver , Lyon [R], Saias , Julius [R], Gharnef [R], Fallen Delthea , Iago [R], Veld [R], Solon [R], Sonia (12)
TTs: Canas [R], Adrift Azura [G], Ballroom Rinea , Brunnya , Summer Lorenz [R] (5)

2. Sword Infantry: 11
GHBs: Navarre, Lloyd, Rutger, Astram, Nemesis (5)
TTs: Masked Marth, Tobin, Joshua, Marisa, Itsuki, Spring Bartre (6)

3. Lance Cavalry: 10
GHBs: Camus, Berkut, Death Knight, Conrad, Petrine, Orson, Fernand (7)
TTs: Clive, Finn, New Year's Laegjarn (3)

4. Lance Flying: 9
GHBs: Valter, Cynthia, Cormag, Travant, Heath, Galle, Dithorba (7) and none of them (including the two TT ones) except Valter currently has a Prf weapon
TTs: Sigrun, Ballroom Eldigan (2)

5. Axe Infantry: 7
GHBs: Legion, Linus, Caellach (3)
TTs: Summer Ylgr, Groom Hinata, Pirate Darros, Ninja Hana (4)

Edited by Tybrosion

There has never been a male-only banner despite most of the cast in main-series FE being male.

Even though Lif and Thrasir aren't Fallen Heroes, they have the same sort of role as them, and even behave similarly to the Fallen Heroes summoned by Kiran. (Lurking outside in the dark, in particular, as evidenced by how both Lif and Thrasir approach various heroes in Forging Bonds conversations, and the other characters' reactions to them. Also by their behavior in the Askran Valentines Day paralogue.)

Seasonal heroes remain in their seasonal getups the entire time they're in Askr instead of changing into regular clothes when the event is over. (Evidenced by seasonal heroes talking to regular heroes while still in their seasonal outfits. In particular, Rolf tells Shinon in a Forging Bonds conversation that it's normal for people to dress up like that in Askr.)

Surtr actually had many children. It's just that only Laegjarn and Leavateinn survived until the events of Book 2.

Bruno and Veronica are half-siblings, sharing a father. Bruno's mother died, and then his father remarried. (This is mostly implied, actually, I think, since it was mentioned in Book 1 that the emperor of Embla's first wife died.)

Male Corrin, Male Kana, and Nils are the only male young dragons in the game. (Dheginsea and Duma are slightly on the more mature side.) That said, there is more age diversification among the male dragons than the female ones, who are always depicted as either little girls, or young women (with the most aged being Mila or Naga.) Meanwhile, male dragons range from little boys to old men. (From youngest to oldest (physical age) I'd put them like this: M!Kana, Nils, M!Corrin, Duma, Dheginsea, Garon, Bantu.)

Tiki (and variations of her) was the only red dragonstone user until Garon was added.

Edited by Mercakete

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

There has never been a male-only banner despite most of the cast in main-series FE being male.

Even though Lif and Thrasir aren't Fallen Heroes, they have the same sort of role as them, and even behave similarly to the Fallen Heroes summoned by Kiran. (Lurking outside in the dark, in particular, as evidenced by how both Lif and Thrasir approach various heroes in Forging Bonds conversations, and the other characters' reactions to them. Also by their behavior in the Askran Valentines Day paralogue.)

Seasonal heroes remain in their seasonal getups the entire time they're in Askr instead of changing into regular clothes when the event is over. (Evidenced by seasonal heroes talking to regular heroes while still in their seasonal outfits. In particular, Rolf tells Shinon in a Forging Bonds conversation that it's normal for people to dress up like that in Askr.)

Surtr actually had many children. It's just that only Laegjarn and Leavateinn survived until the events of Book 2.

Bruno and Veronica are half-siblings, sharing a father. Bruno's mother died, and then his father remarried. (This is mostly implied, actually, I think, since it was mentioned in Book 1 that the emperor of Embla's first wife died.)

Male Corrin, Male Kana, and Nils are the only male young dragons in the game. (Dheginsea and Duma are slightly on the more mature side.) That said, there is more age diversification among the male dragons than the female ones, who are always depicted as either little girls, or young women (with the most aged being Mila or Naga.) Meanwhile, male dragons range from little boys to old men. (From youngest to oldest (physical age) I'd put them like this: M!Kana, Nils, M!Corrin, Duma, Dheginsea, Garon, Bantu.)

Tiki (and variations of her) was the only red dragonstone user until Garon was added.

A good collection! I'd forgotten about the Embla duo being half-siblings until now too, so thanks for that too!

Oisan's name is mispronunced in Heroes. It should actually be closer to "Uh-sheen" in pronunciation.

In the same vein Caellach's name is mispronunced. Though it's way more understandable there as the original pronunciation doesn't use standard English phonetics. Still the "Kellik" sound they went with is not accurate.

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Oisan's name is mispronunced in Heroes. It should actually be closer to "Uh-sheen" in pronunciation.

In the same vein Caellach's name is mispronunced. Though it's way more understandable there as the original pronunciation doesn't use standard English phonetics. Still the "Kellik" sound they went with is not accurate.

Following up on that, Azura has the most different pronunciations of her name... for some reason.

Fallen Edelgard is the first beast unit to be added who didn't come from Awakening, Fates, or Tellius games. She is also the 1st beast armored unit to be added to the game since Caineghis.

Nailah is the last infantry unit to be able to receive the maximum amount of dragonflower boosts (15 in the current game).

Duo Ephraim is the only paired Hero to not debut on a seasonal banner -- this puts him in an extremely awkward position when availability and reruns are concerned.

The damaged artwork for Summer adult TIki was a little too spicy on release; it was replaced 2 days later to be less revealing.

Among all Valor skills currently available in the game, only Sword, Bow, Beast, and Dragon are available in the regular summoning pool. Only Colorless Tome Valor doesn't exist in the current game at all.

Currently, at least 1 unit for every color of bow except red is available in the 3-4*/grail pool; red bow is currently 5*-locked.

Currently, at least 1 unit for every color of dagger except blue is available in the 3-4*/grail pool; blue dagger is currently 5*-locked.

Currently, at least 1 unit for every color of tome except colorless is available in the 3-4*/grail pool if you ignore Kiran's existence; colorless tome is currently locked to seasonal/monthly banners.

The Solo passive skill family made its debut with the release of Legendary Eirika with Atk/Spd Solo 3 on October 2018. None of the Solo skills would be available in the 3-4*/grail pool until April 2021 with the release of Erk, who has Spd/Res Solo 3, more than 2 years later.

The Swift Sparrow passive skill made its debut with the release of Spring Lucina on March 2017. It then became available in the 5* pool with the release of Katarina on June 2017. Then on January 2019, it became available in the grail pool with the release of Naesala. Finally, on June 2021, Swift Sparrow finally became available in the 3-4* pool with Luthier's release -- over 4 years after the skill's debut.

Quick Riposte is notorious for being a launch-day passive skill (probably the only one for that matter) that is available in the 3-4* pool to still not have a single, 3-4*/grail available unit who can learn the full Quick Riposte 3 chain at 4* rarity.

The game was originally intended to be released in the summer of 2016; when the game finally launched on Feb. 2017, artwork for Winter Robin and Winter Tharja could be found via datamining before they got patched out, implying that they may have been planned to be released on December 2016 prior to the delay.

Edited by Roflolxp54

11 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

The damaged artwork for Summer adult TIki was a little too spicy on release; it was replaced 2 days later to be less revealing.

I don't think I've ever seen the original, but this still confuses me: surely we've had far worse since (S!Byleth comes to mind) and even S!Corrin's damaged art is pretty questionable.

These are all great, by the way! I especially love how you made the whole thing feel like a documentary of sorts! 😄

15 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Currently, at least 1 unit for every color of tome except colorless is available in the 3-4*/grail pool if you ignore Kiran's existence; colorless tome is currently locked to seasonal/monthly banners.

Further reason Veld should have been colourless.

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't think I've ever seen the original, but this still confuses me: surely we've had far worse since (S!Byleth comes to mind) and even S!Corrin's damaged art is pretty questionable.

None of them show a visible butt crack. The original version of Summer Awakening Tiki did, and that was the part that was removed.

It's also worth noting that the pre-edited version was never visible in-game. The patch that replaced the original art happened before Tiki's banner was released, so the pre-edited version was only ever seen from datamines.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Out of the (so far) eight GHB units we've gotten in Book V, five of them have Glacies as their default special. Four of them also happened in a row (Veld -> Dithorba -> Solon -> Sonia).

Merlinus is still the latest Dagger unit to be added to the game. He was added on 11/17/2020.

Before Nifl, the previous Heroes original character(s) to be added to the standard summoning pool were Ylgr and Surtr on 11/21/2018.

And after Nifl, Heroes has just eight characters in the standard summoning pool (out of their 57 units, Caeda + Plumeria included, on the roster). 

Shadows of Valentia and Radiant Dawn are the only games to have zero axe units available in the standard summoning pool.

Shadows of Valentia also only has two axe units total (one of which is a Harmonic that is shared with Binding Blade). Radiant Dawn just has one (Haar the horribly shafted GHB).

Edited by Tybrosion

14 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The current damaged artwork of Tiki: Summering Scion:

Spoiler

jCh3t7Z.png

The original damaged artwork of Tiki: Summering Scion:

Spoiler

Q2PJizk.png

Some more useless facts:

Out of the characters initially encountered as enemy units in the game's Main Story chapters available at launch (so up to Book 1, Chapter 9), Camus took the longest time to be made playable; his Grand Hero Battle became available on June 2017 -- a full 4 months since launch when he first appeared in the main story.

Larum is (probably) the only unit in the game who could not be encountered in a PvE gamemode. Players who like filling out the Pokedex could only meet her in a PvP gamemode (including mock AR battles) or via summoning her.

Fallen Edelgard and Fallen Dimitri are the first regular units to be preemptively banned (banned before release) from appearing as random enemies in PvE modes -- this sort of status is normally reserved for CYL units post-CYL1 and post-Ninian dancer units. CYL1 units, Olivia, Azura, and Ninian (as well as Surtr) got banned from appearing as random PvE enemies post-release.

Edited by Roflolxp54

14 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Fallen Edelgard and Fallen Dimitri are the first regular units to be preemptively banned (banned before release) from appearing as random enemies in PvE modes -- this sort of status is normally reserved for CYL units post-CYL1 and post-Ninian dancer units. CYL1 units, Olivia, Azura, and Ninian (as well as Surtr) got banned from appearing as random PvE enemies post-release.

Nifl was also preemptively banned from randomly appearing in PvE, so she is technically about as rare as Larum for catalog completion. I say technically because you are much more likely to run into Nifl in PvE (especially in Aether Raids). Plus, Nifl was the boss of the previous Tempest Trials+ (but you had to fight her after the update for Dawning Reality & Nifl to get Nifl in the catalog, which was a fairly short window timewise).

And for a related fact, Tatiana was allowed to randomly appear in PvE after the usual one month after debut. Previous units that debuted as quest rewards (Kaze, Emmeryn, Knoll) could not appear in PvE until 05/07/2021 (the debut of the Forces of Will banner).

Bramimond is the first genderless character to be added to FEH. They also have the most voice actors out of any characters, having Eliwood's, Hector's, Lyn's, and Alfonse's in both voice language settings.

Mark is the only player-insert character to not be playable in FEH at the time of writing. The most he got are references in dialogue from characters such as Lyn, Eliwood, and Erk.

Wrys is the only character to be explicitly listed as being from Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.

Faye has always appeared as an archer in FEH; in her home game, she never uses bows as the archer class is male-exclusive. She also has the distinction not unlike that of FE6's Roy -- her first video game appearance is in FEH (released on April 14, 2017) before her home game (released on April 20, 2017) got launched. Female Byleth as well as Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude is in a similar situation with FEH and Three Houses.

Male Byleth is the only character whose voice actor got recasted for the English dub of FEH if ignoring character alts or reskins -- and to do so prior to his release.

Halloween Nowi is the first flier unit to be added to the game to not use a traditional mount, riding a broomstick instead of a wyvern or a pegasus into combat. Meanwhile, Myrrh is the first playable flier unit to be added to the game and not use a mount at all, flying under her own power.

Dancer Sigurd is the first and so far the only refresher cavalier in the game.

Nifl is the first and so far the only breath cavalier in the game.

Female Corrin, male Corrin, Camilla, Ike, Dimitri, Edelgard, and Tiki (if you consider both ages) each have 3 variants in the regular pool. Eirika will join this group once her CYL variant gets released.

Say'ri is the only character whose English voice was not implemented in time with her release due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Last year pirate theme we got Book 1 villain: Veronica. This year we getting Book 2 villain: Surtr. Does this mean we will getting next year Hel?

Veronica (the green infantry version that you fight as a boss in Book I) has not been summonable... ever. Same goes for Bruno and Freyr (their original versions). The characters themselves have only been available to players as alts.

Edited by indigoasis

11 hours ago, Naoshi said:

Last year pirate theme we got Book 1 villain: Veronica. This year we getting Book 2 villain: Surtr. Does this mean we will getting next year Hel?

Interesting catch. Personally, I was looking at how we're getting the Nohrian royals as cheerleaders for Pirate duo/harmonic units. Pirate Leo as the cheerleader next year? (I want to skip Corrin and Azura here since I'm not sure if they count as, specifically, Nohrian royals.)

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Interesting catch. Personally, I was looking at how we're getting the Nohrian royals as cheerleaders for Pirate duo/harmonic units. Pirate Leo as the cheerleader next year? (I want to skip Corrin and Azura here since I'm not sure if they count as, specifically, Nohrian royals.)

I was just thinking the same thing, We might be seeing Leo as harmonic cheerleader next year.