Chibis > Character Art

♠Soul♠

I always hear people say they fish for characters because of there art, but to me, nothing's ever compelled me more than the adorable "mini units". To me, they're the real charm of the game. They're adorable, and they also move so fluidly, it's like they're alive.

jeremiah_hollow_bishop.pngoie_wbIxNkLmh86L.pnglissa.png

charlotte_brave_lance_1.pngegg_libra.pngoie_transparent3.png

Chibis alone have compelled me to build entire +10s, even if they're 5*-exclusives.

midoriko_reliable_chemist.png

Midori is my next one.

Yes! I am so happy that new units have their chibi forms reflect their art. That’s what makes resplendents worth it, IMO. Instead of the generic poses all units of a certain type had, now they are much more creative.

The best part of the chibis is their animations. I love it when certain animations reflect their art (like Cormag's "Ready" pose [the poses units take on Player Phase when you're ready to move them in the field] reflecting his attacking art), or animations that mimic a character's most iconic pose (like Owain and his Awakening art). There are plenty more examples, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Other animations that add some character to certain chibis can be seen in their "Ready" poses, again. Two that instantly come to mind are Sothis yawning, and Berkut giggling (although that's the animation for when he's in his "Idle" pose [the pose where they're just kinda standin' there; the pose before "Ready").

12 hours ago, ♠Soul♠ said:

Imagine a site sort of like fehstuff where you can build your chibi and put any accesory you want and have them as a transparent gif to put anywhere.

I think you should go find @peevthesheev. He's not active on here any more, but you can find him on DeviantArt under the same name. He mostly dabbles in such chibis, he puts them together himself and could probably give you some tips to do it yourself too. He put together a couple for me in the past and they're pretty good.