Feh channel (1st August 2021)

Nym

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Who would the Scrooge of the banner be, though? We got Felix last year, after all.

Anna. Scrooge was greedy.

I think Takumi might actually have been the better duo partner for Camilla. I know Hinoka is her counterpart and rival but their dynamic was never all that engaging. Accidentally Takumi turned out as the better foil towards Camilla and at several times in the story the two behave hostile towards each other. It would also finally have given us a male duo hero. 

VIKA!!!! my beloved Raven wife finally made it at long last with beautiful art and soothing voice as well must get to +10 and S Support!!!! Nice to see Surtr finally get an alt and it works well for him guess Hel’s next gonna be interesting seeing what they’ll do with her ESPECIALLY dialogue lol! 

Tactical Retreat is a great QoL change

Heroes Journey is cute to see how us and the other characters will react to situations

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

12 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm ... almost certain that Hinoka and Camilla are a Duo and not a Harmonic?

Because if Birthright/Conquest count as two different games ... ohhh boy. They'd REALLY be stretching it.

12 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

No, they're a Duo. When their stats were shown, you can see the Duo icon to the left of the stats.

Besides, they've never made a distinction between Fates's different versions in FEH itself (like for Limited Hero Battles or Resonant Battles). 

Good to know! I was worried since they showed both versions of Fates when showing where the characters came from, and given the Sanaki/Altina situation...well, I wouldn't put much past Heroes and IntSys. 

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Takumi might actually have been the better duo partner for Camilla. I know Hinoka is her counterpart and rival but their dynamic was never all that engaging. Accidentally Takumi turned out as the better foil towards Camilla and at several times in the story the two behave hostile towards each other. It would also finally have given us a male duo hero. 

Ehhh ... as someone whose favorite Fates character is Takumi and still hates Camilla to this day, that would've made me super unhappy. Regardless of whether their Duo would have been interpreted as a ship or not, it would definitely be seen as such. And I hated their support and interactions in Fates overall. Takumi would be better off with Sakura or Leo as a partner (even if Duo Takumi+Leo is even more boring and predictable), or he could get a Harmonic with someone he meshes well with. I can only think of Lyon right now, who is probably not eligible, but I'm sure there are others who work. Maybe Leif.

Edited by Sunwoo

15 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah but she has two things that they do not *shot*

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

Well, duh, she's a raven, of course she'll have wings~!

@eclipse A poor attempt at humor.  It's no secret at this point that if there's a group of 3 characters and only one of them is a woman, IS will pick the woman.  Bors and Barth are still not in Heroes despite Gwendolyn being a launch unit, Ewan and Ross took a while to make it after Amelia joined, and now this.

19 minutes ago, FailWood said:

@eclipse A poor attempt at humor.  It's no secret at this point that if there's a group of 3 characters and only one of them is a woman, IS will pick the woman.  Bors and Barth are still not in Heroes despite Gwendolyn being a launch unit, Ewan and Ross took a while to make it after Amelia joined, and now this.

'ey, lighten up. I know you're really annoyed about the imbalance of male-to-female heroes in the game right now, but I'm almost certain that was a joke directed mostly at me since eclipse and I are pretty tight and she knows I'll take it in good humor.

1 hour ago, FailWood said:

A poor attempt at humor.  It's no secret at this point that if there's a group of 3 characters and only one of them is a woman, IS will pick the woman.  Bors and Barth are still not in Heroes despite Gwendolyn being a launch unit, Ewan and Ross took a while to make it after Amelia joined, and now this.

We have only 5 beast fliers in the game right now compared to 8 beast infantry and 12 beast cavalry due to the fact that Tellius is the only source of beast fliers from the main series. Not only that, but of those 5 beast fliers, only 3 of them are actually intended for combat, compared to 7 of the beast infantry and all 12 of the beast cavalry.

If anything, it should be Janaff and Ulki (and Nealuchi, I guess) you should be feeling bad for, not Tormod and Muarim.

Additionally, of the 5 of them (Tormod, Muarim, Vika, Janaff, and Ulki), Tormod and Vika have consistently placed higher than the other three in CYL, with Tormod beating Vika in CYL 1, CYL 4, and CYL 5 and Vika beating Tormod in CYL 2 and CYL 3. (Of the remaining three, Muarim consistently places 3rd, Janaff 4th, and Ulki 5th.)

So even if you have a problem with Vika being picked first over Tormod and Muarim, it's not like she isn't deserving of the spot, being comparably as popular as Tormod, being a rare unit type, and arguably fitting the theme better due to being a raven.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, FailWood said:

Bors and Barth are still not in Heroes despite Gwendolyn being a launch unit

Nah, Bors and Barthe (Barth is the jackass that killed Valbar’s family) aren’t in Heroes because nobody gives a shit about them. 

That aside, Gwendolyn is more popular than both of them anyways not that that is a very high bar to cross so it’s not like Gwendolyn jumped ahead of the line like Vika did with Tormod.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

We have only 5 beast fliers in the game right now compared to 8 beast infantry and 12 beast cavalry due to the fact that Tellius is the only source of beast fliers from the main series. Not only that, but of those 5 beast fliers, only 3 of them are actually intended for combat, compared to 7 of the beast infantry and all 12 of the beast cavalry.

If anything, it should be Janaff and Ulki (and Nealuchi, I guess) you should be feeling bad for, not Tormod and Muarim.

Additionally, of the 5 of them (Tormod, Muarim, Vika, Janaff, and Ulki), Tormod and Vika have consistently placed higher than the other three in CYL, with Tormod beating Vika in CYL 1, CYL 4, and CYL 5 and Vika beating Tormod in CYL 2 and CYL 3. (Of the remaining three, Muarim consistently places 3rd, Janaff 4th, and Ulki 5th.)

So even if you have a problem with Vika being picked first over Tormod and Muarim, it's not like she isn't deserving of the spot, being comparably as popular as Tormod, being a rare unit type, and arguably fitting the theme better due to being a raven.

Now that you mention it, it'd make sense for them to introduce the other birds on future seasonal banners. Janaff and Ulki could fit the pirate theme, if it's staying an every-year thing (rather than using August as a flex slot), Nealuchi is less popular but he could tag along with a seasonal Leanne sometime.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Barthe (Barth is the jackass that killed Valbar’s family)

"Barth" is Barthe's official name in Japanese and was also the most commonly used spelling prior to the official English localization (e.g. if you played the game with a translation patch back in the day).

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

so it’s not like Gwendolyn jumped ahead of the line like Vika did with Tormod.

Vika beat Tormod in CYL 2 (799 to 695) and CYL 3 (1,007 to 864), and Tormod beat Vika in CYL 1 (1,015 to 681), CYL 4 (618 to 593), and CYL 5 (673 to 458). Tormod's ahead overall by a bit (3,865 to 3,538 total across all CYLs), but I'd hardly count that a difference large enough to count as "jumping ahead in line".

And addressing the other example in @FailWood's argument, Amelia has always been more popular than Ross or Ewan. Of the three of them, Ewan has been last in every CYL. Amelia beat Ross in CYL 1. Ross beat Amelia in CYL 2 and CYL 3, likely because Amelia was already in the game and Ross was not. After Ross was added to the game a few months before CYL 4, he once again dropped below Amelia in CYL 4 and CYL 5.

In all fairness, Tormod and Murarim were in both PoR and RD, and were somewhat important for the one, two chapters that focused on them. Plus, Tormod has a decent presence in part 1 of RD as an actual character, since he and Sothe are chill at that point. Vika, on the other hand, is basically a nothing character. You could remove her and leave Muarim and Tormod a pair, and nothing of value would've been lost.

But I do realize that Vika (and Muarim) have an advantage over Tormod in Heroes because they have unique and limited weapon types while Tormod will be our nth infantry red mage. Personally, while I'm happy Tormod's not stuck in seasonal hell yet, I'm salty as fuck that he's not in the game yet. And I'm gonna be so zetta salty if he's not added in the next Tellius banner, which is unfortunately a very realistic outcome.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Now that you mention it, it'd make sense for them to introduce the other birds on future seasonal banners. Janaff and Ulki could fit the pirate theme, if it's staying an every-year thing (rather than using August as a flex slot), Nealuchi is less popular but he could tag along with a seasonal Leanne sometime.

It would be super unlikely, but it could potentially be terrifying if Janaff and Ulki were made as a Duo with both of their signature skills on their weapon. Janaff's Insight could negate percentage damage reduction, and Ulki's Vigilance would grant Dodge.

Or have their Duo skill apply both effects to allies.

And give them Pathfinder just for the hell of it (because it makes enough sense lore-wise).

It would also be nice if they actually made the character in back transform at the same time (even if it would make them take a ton of space), as the current dragon Harmonic Heroes don't do that.

Edited by Ice Dragon

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Barth" is Barthe's official name in Japanese and was also the most commonly used spelling prior to the official English localization (e.g. if you played the game with a translation patch back in the day).

Yeah, and then they for some reason decided to change “Dahha” to “Barth” for SoV’s localization.

I just felt like pointing that out because typing in “Barth” in the Fire Emblem wiki will get you the pirate before the armor knight.

10 hours ago, FailWood said:

Consider yourself extremely lucky that I didn't warn you for that Cowmilla crack.  Think long and hard about what you post and why, because whining about my humor, especially when I'm joking with someone who's familiar with my humor is in extremely poor taste.

Also, if all you're going to do is whine about women in Heroes, then go elsewhere.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Think long and hard about what you post and why, because whining about my humor, especially when I'm joking with someone who's familiar with my humor is in extremely poor taste.

Also, if all you're going to do is whine about women in Heroes, then go elsewhere.

Sunwoo already mentioned that, thank you very much (though not before I jabbed your humor).

You do realize I have used this site in more practical/meaningful ways (and more frequently then my whining), right?  Gathering opinions from others on certain subjects, looking for advice on things I'm either curious about or have yet to beat, things I believe were the intended purpose of this site.  Besides that, I've already gone on record to say that I'm not sorry for my bitching about the sexist favoritism towards women Heroes does, what they do is truly absurd.

With all that being said, what happens with me is in your hands.  You could be rid of me, or you can deal with it until things straighten out, as I won't back down on the matter until they do.

Regarding the CYL channel: I had a look at past Channels a while back: last year we got one on August 1st followed by one on the 13th (+1 to both days to those in East of America). We got the August 1st Channel this year too and the 13th this year is a Friday, so that may be when we can expect our Brave Heroes.

Unless Feh Channels are dictated by Japan, in which case we may get one one the 15th instead, since I read somewhere that they don't release anything on Saturdays? I don't know if that's true or not, but judging by the Forma shop the banner will drop on the 17th and we'll get a trailer on the 16th at the latest, which sets an upper limit on when we'll get it (again, add +1 to all those dates for Europe et al).

What do you think?

I think also CYL feh channel will be on 13th. Looking back to older cyls:

• Choose Your Legends 1 (2017)

• Voting Jan 18-31, results Feb 8

• FEH Channel reveal Aug 27

• Brave Heroes Aug 31, Farfetched Heroes Nov 15
    ----------------------------------------------------

• Choose Your Legends 2 (2018)

• Voting Jan 22-28, results Feb 1

• FEH Channel reveal Aug 20

• Arrival of the Brave Aug 21, Brave Redux Oct 23
    ---------------------------------------------------

• Choose Your Legends 3 (2019)

• Voting Jan 22-28, results Feb 1

• FEH Channel Reveal Aug 1

• Brave Echoes Aug 16, no farfetched/redux banner
    -------------------------------------------------

• Choose Your Legends 4 (2020)

• Voting Jan 22-28, results Feb2

• FEH Channel reveal Aug 13

• A New Future August 18, no farfetched/redux banner
    ----------------------------------------------

• Choose Your Legends 5 (2021)

• Voting Jan22-28, results Feb 2

• FEH Channel reveal Aug ???

• Banner will be live on August 17

In most cases it's between 4-5 days before banner goes alive, so 12th-13th makes sense to me.

I don’t think enough has been made of the fact that Lifis, of all characters, is the first playable Thracia character to get a seasonal. (Depending on how you classify Eyvel/Brigid, of course)

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I don’t think enough has been made of the fact that Lifis, of all characters, is the first playable Thracia character to get a seasonal. (Depending on how you classify Eyvel/Brigid, of course)

Huh, I hadn't thought about that. Neat to finally hit that milestone.

Hopefully they keep doing this to introduce others that might be hard to fit onto banners, like Safy.

Hmm. Looking at CYL5...

1. 244. August
  2. 263. Galzus
  3. 274. Raydrik
  4. 275. Linoan
  5. 335. Lifis
  6. 351. Machyua
  7. 357. Dagdar
  8. 374. Salem
  9. 386. Misha
  10. 387. Amalda
  11. 388. Lara
  12. 390. Homer
  13. 395. Tina
  14. 400. Karin
  15. 403. Carrion
  16. 405. Shannam
  17. 406. Fergus
  18. 406. Marty

Those are the ones who got 100+ votes, so we're still sticking to the relatively high-profile ones so far.