Duo/Harmonic’s you’d like to see?

TuxedoBird

Duos:

• Edelgard and Lysithea. I want Lysithea to be the attacker but I want Edelgard in front as the defense
  • Marla and Hestia. I feel like they're too similar in role, appearance and ability to get in separately, but they're both important to Sonya so I think this'd be the only way they'd get in
  • Pelleas and Soren. The Spirit Charmer believed to be the Branded son of Ashnard and the actual Branded son of Ashnard believed to be a Spirit Charmer. They'd have a lot to talk about
  • Soren and Micaiah. Two branded descendants of Ashera's three heroes. They'd also have a lot to talk about
  • Azura and Camilla. Camilla fiercely loves all her siblings but get's very little opportunity to interact with Azura
  • Helbindi and Ylgr. Ylgr and her new big brother
  • Mercedes and Jeritza/Emile: Siblings reunited

Harmonics:

• Mareeta and Scáthach/Larcei/Shannan or Patty/Febail. Have Mareeta teaming up with her long lost cousins or her adopted siblings
  • L'arachel and Ophelia. Champions of Justice. They right wrongs and triumph over evil. In the name of the Moon, they'll punish you!
  • Ophelia and Lissa. Grandmother and Granddaughter, except they don't know!
  • Dorothea and Kiria. Talkin' 'bout the music biz
  • Flayn and Tiki/Myrrh/Fae/Ninian/Nils/Nowi/Nah/Corrin/Kana. Flayn and another young dragon
Edited by Mysterique Sign

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/2/2021 at 2:46 PM, Use the Falchion said:

Tharja x Hubert - I low-key just want them to be laughing maniacally as other characters walk away, creeped out, for the entire support.

Seteth x Niime - no rhyme or reason. I just think it'd be funny. 

Would lowkey whale for both of these, so good.

I think I'd like harmonics more if they really leaned on a consistent theme/archetype of characters between games,  Long-suffering dads, the vampy-villains, the loud brash red cav types (Ferdinand/Kieran, anyone?) - you'd get some humorous conversations there.

22 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

I think I'd like harmonics more if they really leaned on a consistent theme/archetype of characters between games,  Long-suffering dads, the vampy-villains, the loud brash red cav types (Ferdinand/Kieran, anyone?) - you'd get some humorous conversations there.

Agreed. Heck, they could even do the opposite and still have a great effect, if done well: 

The shy Florina paired up with the flirty Soleil could be a fascinating combination, if done right. 

The knowledgeable Canas (or Erk) and the lazy-yet-brilliant Delthea. 

Ferdinand and Ike, contrasting nobility, the jobs of people, and circumstances in life (Ferdinand is stripped of his nobility in non-CF paths from what I know (I haven't played CF), and Ike gives up his title in the epilogue of PoR). 

Going with the above, a trio of Lorenz, Lyn, and Alm would be great. The latter two being nobles not raised as nobles (with one choosing to give up her noble status in many of her endings), but still expressing nobility and leadership would throw Part 1 Lorenz for a loop...but I think Part 2 Lorenz would be willing to learn from this (...in order to spot illegitimate children and/or nobles to raise TO nobility, in order to keep the commonfolk happy.) (Or maybe Maribelle and Lyn?)

Lissa and Mist needs to happen, although this is more in favor of your original idea than the inverse. 

Ferdinand and Claude or Joshua would be hilarious for us, but probably terrible for the duo. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

I mentioned some others elsewhere, but I may as well put them here: Otr + Tharja, in whatever context, but I think Halloween with coordinating outfits would be especially neat. But really, these two are both so obsessed with a particular person (Fafnir for Otr and Robin for Tharja) that I think it'd be interesting to see them interact. That said, I also kind of want a Corrin and Robin harmonic, too, partially to see how Tharja would react. Also, a Nyx + Eitri harmonic could be interesting, since they're both little girls on the outside (without being dragons) but much older in actuality.

On 8/2/2021 at 2:46 PM, Use the Falchion said:

I tend to favor the support aspect more, as I feel like we'd actually get more interesting dynamics than a cool costume and ability, and I'm all about the dynamics.

(I also ship Xander and Lucina, and I want to see Xander and his son-in-law interact.)

Same here! I love the idea of crossover support conversations, and most of my Harmonic ideas are inspired by that.

(and I also crack ship Xander and Lucina! In a future Conquest playthrough I’m going make a blue-haired avatar named Lucina, make her a Great Lord and marry her to Xander.)

I’ve seen lots of ideas I like so far. I’m listing the “front” character first and “back” character second.

Duo Heroes:

Cain and Abel: the OG red and green cavaliers. This will probably happen at some point.

Julian and Rickard: Partners in crime. Their recruitment conversation in Shadow Dragon is hilarious, and I want to see this duo do more together. Pity they’re both pretty unpopular (Julian placed in the mid-300s last CYL, and Rickard has never risen out of the 400s) and I’ll consider myself blessed if Rickard is added to Heroes in any capacity.

Naesala with either Leanne or Tibarn: I like all three of them (Naesala in particular) and we need a beast duo.

Harmonic Heroes:

Jakob and Soren: Many parallels exist between these two. They are both highborn, but were abandoned by their parents and do not express any desire to reclaim their noble titles. They had rough childhoods and were rejected by others until they were befriended by the main character in their respective games, who they became extremely loyal and devoted to. Both are cold, blunt and antisocial to most characters, but show a softer side to their games’ respective main characters. In fact, they would probably dislike each other until they realize how similar they are.

Xander with either Camus or Reinhardt:  Xander has already been part of a Harmonic, but thematically works well with Reinhardt in particular.

Minerva with either Cherche or Scarlet:  The former because Cherche’s wyvern is named Minerva, and the latter because they would look awesome together.

Kaze and Zihark: They have humble, easygoing personalities, are popular with women, and lack the predujices that many of their allies have.

Panne and Lethe: They both have similar character arcs as they gradually learn to trust humans, and a Harmonic beast unit would be awesome.

Tharja and Faye: Robin and Alm, beware, the yanderes have teamed up! This would be a hilarious combination, and they are very different types of yanderes (I prefer Faye’s type.)

Azura and Dorothea (though Dorothea is already part of a harmonic, I’m going to use her here): They may be on opposite ends of the social ladder, but they’re surprisingly similar. They’re both pragmatic-minded songstresses who try to be outwardly positive, but mask their personal issues from others and have/had a mentor in life and singing (Azura with her mother, and Dorothea with Manuela.)

Elise and Lissa: This would be adorable, and I could see these two becoming fast friends.

Cynthia and Arthur: I crack ship this, and their personalities would be hilarious together. This is part of the reason I feel that Cynthia should have returned in Fates as Elise’s retainer.

Ashe and Shura: Two former thieves who are otherwise decent people whose circumstances forced them into crime. Their age difference gives them different perspectives on life, and I imagine that Ashe would have turned out similar to Shura had he not been adopted by Lonato. Ashe is idealistic and sees the good in others, which contrasts nicely with Shura’s self-hatred and aloof personality. He would convince Shura that he really can atone for his past and achieve his goal of rebuilding his homeland.

Pain and Agony from Radiant Dawn. Sure they're the most boring incarnation of the bandit duo, but they are still the bandit duo and they have the class that's in shortest potential supply.

Let me be a bit wacky!

Edward (RD)/Leonardo (RD)-- the Dawn Brigade duo who can both act as a melee and range unit.

Haar (RD) / Jill (RD) -- both wyvern riders can have a massive attack against beast units.

Lucia (RD) / Hana (Fates) -- both swordswomen (and bodyguard to princesses) can guard adjacent units and unleash a strong counter.

Beruka (Fates)/ Oboro (Fates) -- both have a tragic background, but this unit will have high defences and the ability to use bolt axe, which targets res of units.

Atlas (Echoes) /Arthur (Fates) -- both unlucky heroes can reduce the stats of opponents by being three squares away from them

Effie (Fates) / Arden (GOTHW) -- both armoured units that will restrict movement and guard adjacent units. Equipped with blessed lance that does extra damage against beast and dragons and heals per turn

Faye (Echoes) / Tharja (Awakening) -- both clingy ladies can sacfrice health for extra damage.

Conrad (Echoes) / Finn (GOTHW) -- both knights will have a duo mode to choose hammer (stronger in player phase) or anvil (stronger in defence phase) tactics.

rsT29vk.jpg

On 8/27/2021 at 6:16 AM, Jotari said:

Pain and Agony from Radiant Dawn. Sure they're the most boring incarnation of the bandit duo, but they are still the bandit duo and they have the class that's in shortest potential supply.

They're tigers, so they'd be beast infantry, right? Unless they decided to ignore Mordecai's precedent to make more beast armors.

On 8/28/2021 at 3:26 PM, Othin said:

They're tigers, so they'd be beast infantry, right? Unless they decided to ignore Mordecai's precedent to make more beast armors.

If they're consistent with Mordecai, but they don't really have to be. Duo units have been inconsistent before, and there's no specific demand for them to be consistent with different laguz classes, though they have been so far (excepting the case of Seasonal Rafiel being infantry on account of the whole canon involved there, though I still think they could make a Rafiel that is a flying unit by type, but with a weapon that disables the elements of flying in exchange for better dancing. Sure it could be equipped with a lower, but it's not like that has any practical use. And silly things from using non prf weapons have been seen before, most noticably the recent Gate Keeper really enthusiastically blowing into a book).

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'd just like to see a male pair for a change.  Seems every single one's always two girls.

Bandit Duo gives us the best of both worlds.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I'd just like to see a male pair for a change.  Seems every single one's always two girls.

As far as duo heroes go male/female pairs are the front runners, if only by a very slim margin. (M/m - 1, m/f - 8, f/f - 7) Makes sense given how many are romantic or sibling duos. The last two being f/f pairs alternating with harmonics definitely makes them feel ubiquitous though.

Because harmonics are hilariously one sided. (M/f - 1, f/f - 7) The only m/m one I could conceivably ever see them doing here is FE7 Eliwood and Roy. Which would be adorable and no complaints.

Little more variety would be nice but I doubt IS has any plans for it lol.

Also going to add Flavia and Basilio as a duo. They’re always fun.

5 hours ago, TuxedoBird said:

Because harmonics are hilariously one sided. (M/f - 1, f/f - 7) The only m/m one I could conceivably ever see them doing here is FE7 Eliwood and Roy. Which would be adorable and no complaints.

Aren't they free to do whatever they want with Harmonics? Like those are the ones who aren't from the same game, right? So  they could do like Roy and Marth together or basically anything. I wouldn't say Eliwood and Roy is the only one that's conceivable. Any pair is conceivable, and really I don't see Eliwood and Roy together as any more likely an option to go against the gender bias as pairing those two would probably be as a Duo unit instead.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Aren't they free to do whatever they want with Harmonics? Like those are the ones who aren't from the same game, right? So  they could do like Roy and Marth together or basically anything. I wouldn't say Eliwood and Roy is the only one that's conceivable. Any pair is conceivable, and really I don't see Eliwood and Roy together as any more likely an option to go against the gender bias as pairing those two would probably be as a Duo unit instead.

I’m exaggerating a bit, and they are free to do whatever they want with harmonics, but what they seem to want is a bunch of f/f units. And to be fair, for all I know that will be thrown completely on it’s head and they’ll do 3 m/m harmonics in a row! I just doubt it.

Eliwood and Roy comes to mind as a harmonic for me because I was thinking FE6 and FE7 versions of them, rather than the older Hector and kid Lilina that was their duo hero, but a duo could work too.

I guess I just see them adding more dudes to duo heroes before harmonics, but again, I could be completely wrong. I also tend to be a bit facetious a lot, sorry about that.

Shadow Dragon/New Mystery:

• Marth/Caeda
  • Abel/Cain
  • Abel/Est
  • Julian/Lena
  • Lena/Matthis
  • Merric/Elice
  • Sheena/Samson
  • Ogma/Navarre
  • Navarre/Phina
  • Jeorge/Astram
  • Astram/Midia
  • Minverva/Maria
  • Linde/Gotoh
  • Norne/Draug
  • Gordin/Ryan

Valentia:

• Alm/Mycen
  • Celica/Conrad
  • Clive/Clair
  • Clive/Mathilda
  • Clair/Gray
  • Gray/Tobin
  • Tobin/Kliff
  • Mae/Boey
  • Zeke/Tatiana
  • Forsyth/Python
  • Luthier/Delthea
  • Silque/Jesse
  • Genny/Sonya
  • Sonya/Deen

Jugdral:

• Seliph/Julia
  • Leif/Nanna
  • Quan/Ethlyn
  • Ares/Lene
  • Tailtiu/Azelle
  • Azelle/Lex
  • Arthur/Fee
  • Ced/Lewyn
  • Lewyn/Erinys
  • Erinys/Silvia
  • Linoan/Deen
  • Karin/Fergus
  • Tanya/Osian
  • Selphina/Glade
  • Sara/Salem

Binding Blade:

• Roy/Lilina
  • Roy/Wolt
  • Lilina/Cecilia
  • Douglas/Elffin
  • Klein/Thea
  • Lugh/Raigh
  • Dieck/Shanna
  • Melady/Galle
  • Hugh/Niime
  • Karel/Bartre
  • Bartre/Fir
  • Fir/Noah
  • Igrene/Astolfo
  • Sue/Dayan
  • Juno/Zelot
  • Rutger/Clarine

Blazing Blade:

• Lyn/Rath
  • Eliwood/Hector
  • Eliwood/Ninian
  • Hector/Florina
  • Hector/Farina
  • Ninian/Nils
  • Matthew/Leila
  • Nino/Jaffar
  • Kent/Sain
  • Fiora/Kent or Sain
  • Pent/Louise
  • Isadora/Harken
  • Lucius/Renault
  • Raven/Lucius
  • Priscilla/Raven
  • Heath/Priscilla
  • Wil/Rebecca
  • Rebecca/Dart
  • Karla/Bartre
  • Karel/Karla
  • Athos/Nergal

Sacred Stones:

• Eirika/Seth
  • Ephraim/Tana
  • Innes/L'Arachel
  • L'Arachel/Dozla
  • Joshua/Natasha
  • Colm/Neimi
  • Artur/Lute
  • Gerik/Tethys
  • Saleh/Myrrh
  • Gilliam/Syrene
  • Garcia/Ross

Tellius:

• Ike/Soren
  • Ike/Elincia
  • Elincia/Lucia
  • Elincia/Geoffrey
  • Brom/Nephenee
  • Brom/Meg
  • Mist/Boyd
  • Mordecai/Zihark
  • Lethe/Mordecai
  • Jill/Lethe
  • Tormod/Muarim
  • Caineghis/Giffca
  • Caineghis/Skrimir
  • Micaiah/Pelleas
  • Sanaki/Micaiah
  • Tibarn/Reyson
  • Naesala/Leanne
  • Nailah/Rafiel
  • Oscar/Kieran
  • Calil/Largo

Awakening:

• Chrom/Male Robin
  • Chrom/Sumia
  • Male Robin/Lucina
  • Lucina/Chrom
  • Sumia/Cynthia
  • Lissa/Owain
  • Lissa/Maribelle
  • Gregor/Nowi
  • Stahl/Sully
  • Flavia/Basilio

Fates:

• Leo/Takumi
  • Ryoma/Xander
  • Sakura/Elise
  • Kaze/Saizo
  • Felicia/Flora

Three Houses:

• Male Byleth/Sothis
  • Dimitri/Dedue
  • Dimitri/Felix
  • Claude/Hilda
  • Claude/Lorenz
  • Yuri/Bernadetta
  • Yuri/Balthus
  • Edelgard/Hubert
  • Edelgard/Lysithea
  • Seteth/Flayn
  • Alois/Leonie
  • Rhea/Cyril
  • Shamir/Cyril
  • Catherine/Shamir
  • Mercedes/Annette
  • Annette/Gilbert
  • Dorothea/Ferdinand
  • Raphael/Ignatz
  • Ashe/Caspar
  • Caspar/Linhardt
  • Marianne/Linhardt
  • Lysithea/Marianne
  • Sylvain/Ingrid
  • Ingrid/Ashe
  • Hanneman/Manuela

Harmonics:

• Lyn/Ike
  • Marth/Roy
  • Marth/Lucina
  • Eliwood/Roy
  • Eirika/Celica
  • Ephraim/Alm
  • Chrom/Sigurd
  • Lucina/Seliph
  • Pent/Cecilia
  • Isadora/Midia
  • Astram/Harken
  • Rath/Sue
  • Brom/Mozu
  • Nephenee/Donnel
  • Abel/Stahl
  • Cain/Sully
  • Rebecca/Norne
  • Minerva/Cherche
  • Florina/Lon'qu
  • Elice/Lissa
  • Miriel/Lute

I'm sure there's some that I'm forgetting, but those are some pairs that I'd be interested in seeing.

(Lead + Cohort -- Reasoning [if any/needed])  {I will not include any hero in a duo position they've already been in.  e.g. No Eirika as the lead or Lyon as the cohort, Ephraim is out completely as he has done both}

*An asterisk means, though I may slightly prefer this setup, I don't care a whole lot which one is lead or cohort for this duo.

Same-game Duos:

• *Saber + Genny -- Their endings in SoV (plus Genny mentioning she likes older men) subtly imply they got together
  • Celica + Nomah
  • Rudolf + Alm
  • Emma + Randal
  • Lilina + Roy or Cecilia
  • *Zephiel + Murdoch
  • Young Zephiel + Young Guinevere -- I've always wanted to see this, especially after they first introduced Duos with Hector + Young Lilina
  • Eliwood + Roy -- To parallel Hector + Lilina
  • Greil + Young Ike or Mist -- Parent and child lord is a neat trend, ok?
  • Zelgius + Sephiran or Levail -- You knew I would
  • Levail + Haar -- A Begnion soldier and the captain he once served under
  • Edward + Nolan
  • Darios + Rowan and/or Lianna
  • *Annette + Gilbert -- Either have a child Annette as cohort or War Arc Annette as lead.

Harmonic Duos:

• Ashnard + Gangrel --The two Mad Kings
  • *Nils + Jahn -- Ice dragon boy and fire dragon man
  • Black Knight + ...... I dunno, Death Knight? Or maybe Ares, since he also has the title of "Black Knight"
  • Rowan or Lianna + Any of the fathers (preferably not the bad ones)

Oh yeah, I'd like to see Fallen Takumi paired with...well Fallen Takumi, so we can have a character actually use the duo mechanic to simulate what they can do in their original game.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think I've mentioned it recently, but Halloween Harmonic Cherche + Lute would be fun since they both find revenants cute.

There are probably a lot I would like to see (more so on the Harmonic side), but for now I'll just list the ones that come to my mind first.

Duos
Surtr & Muspell
Delthea & Clair
Cecilia & Klein
Florina & Nino
L'Arachel & Innes
Sanaki & Micaiah
M!Robin & Lucina
Sakura & Elise

Harmoincs
Cordelia & Ingrid
Lysithea & Nyx
Shinon & Shamir
Soren & Hubert
Yuri & Niles
Lewyn & Joshua
Nino & Katarina
Marisa & Laevatein

Harmonic 

Cecilia & Erk (master and student)

Cordelia & Faye or Catria (unrequited love girls)

Ingrid & Fiora or Cordelia (no no-sense Pegasus girls)

Lewyn & Robin or Lyon (both possessed by dragons) 

or Lewyn & Virion or Claude (royalty in disguise)

Chrom & Sigurd (they are said to be similar by Tiki) 

Ophelia & Lissa or Olivia & Soleil 

Felicia & Sumia (both clumsy girls)

Brigid & Petra  

Mareeta & Patty 

Duos

Takumi & Leo 

Seliph & Deirdre 

Julia & Julius or Arvis 

Ishtar & Reinhardt 

Keaton & Kaden or Velouria & Selkie

Any Awakening, Genealogy of Fates character & their default child 

Any substitute children of genealogy with the noble counterpart. Ex Lene & Laylea or Hawk & Febail 

Actually, I'd like a Reginn+Alm harmonic. What with what happened with Berkut and Otr, I think they'd have some bonding and unique support for one another.

Also, Boey + Hapi could be fun, especially after that FB. That said, I'd love to see Halloween Boey + Artur. Just a couple of lads trying to survive the monsters.

Edit: Also, I've been training up my Student Marianne with my new Singing Shigure and I now ship them. Not only do they look beautiful together, but they're both soft-spoken animal-lovers who enjoy peace, quiet, and solitude (or with 1 person they trust.) They're just such a beautiful and graceful couple and I want them to have a harmonic. Maybe another picnic version or something. Mrdecai and Benny can go with them and they can all relax with a bunch of woodland creatures in the quiet of nature. Ideally, Shigure and Marianne would be surrounded by animals a la petting zoo. Maybe soft, fluffy bunnies. I'd like their default artwork to include that: Marianne kneeling on the ground, gently stroking a sleepy bunny with a couple others looking at her, Shigure sitting there holding one with another hanging off his knee, maybe yet another on a shoulder. Man, that would be just so heckin' cute.

Edited by Mercakete

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, genesis said:

Cordelia & Chrom could work as well. Pretty sure it would sell. 

Actually, them as a bride and groom would be good. They can't actually support in their home game, and since it's just costumes and they're not actually getting married, it could help Cordelia cope while Chrom is just all "what a fun festival!"

It'd be funny if Lucina's there, too, and awkwardly being all "you're not my mom but I don't want to tell you that because you seem like you're having so much fun but it's weird seeing you crush on my dad." Maybe Severa could be there, too, being embarrassed by her mom. And, just for kicks, we could have Subaki being there being all "You look just like my daughter and I feel weird about this." This is already perfect, but we do need 1 more unit here to account for the banner and the TT+, so... I guess we don't have Bride Camilla yet, she'd sell, and she could keep calling Severa "Selena." Whether or not this Severa has already been to Nohr or not would determine how she responds to Camilla. Anyway, this whole Bridal banner would be a whole mess of identity crisis comedy. It has a fem majority, it has a duo, it has enough units for a banner and a TT+, it represents 2 games, and it even has both Nohrian and Hoshidan representation, so it follows with all the required precedents, plus a little more. A plausible banner...buuuuuut I don't know that IS will actually put this together.

You know, I would love to see a Minerva and Elincia Harmonic. Two Queens had to face their own shares of political intrigue as the two have experienced attempted coups.

The differences is that Elincia, a peaceful and gentle ladylike person is still sitting on her throne while the more, warriorlike Minerva was forced off of her throne and in the end, quit politics and handed her country over to Marth.