What to do with Noire?

Boji

So I just got her and I passed down lifetaker and counter, what should I promote her into? I've heard sorcerer was good, but I want her to remain into the archer line, IIRC snipers suck, so maybe bow knight?

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Who is her father?  Also, spoiler alert: Counter sucks.

Gauis is her father, and as I wanted her to make her a bow knight I thought that counter could be useful since she wouldn't be able to attack back. And then I found out that she is better of reclassed to something else.

33 minutes ago, Boji said:

Gauis is her father, and as I wanted her to make her a bow knight I thought that counter could be useful since she wouldn't be able to attack back. And then I found out that she is better of reclassed to something else.

Well, I'm.... not sure. Her modifiers with Gaius as her father are +2 strength, +3 magic. +4 speed, -4 luck, and +1 defense and resistance. What are you planning to do anyway? By the way, the problem with Counter is that it requires taking damage, and oftentimes it's not bouncing back enough damage to help, or if it IS, you're likely in trouble (also, it doesn't help that in the few instances where it could be useful, the enemy is immune to it). Ergo, it's only useful for the enemy.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Well, I'm.... not sure. Her modifiers with Gaius as her father are +2 strength, +3 magic. +4 speed, -4 luck, and +1 defense and resistance. What are you planning to do anyway? By the way, the problem with Counter is that it requires taking damage, and oftentimes it's not bouncing back enough damage to help, or if it IS, you're likely in trouble (also, it doesn't help that in the few instances where it could be useful, the enemy is immune to it). Ergo, it's only useful for the enemy.

Well, I just wanted her to be useful, I'm playing on normal so the difficulty isn't crazy high, I've checked forums and there the common consensus was that she was better off as a sorcerer, and a few other classes.

23 minutes ago, Boji said:

Well, I just wanted her to be useful, I'm playing on normal so the difficulty isn't crazy high, I've checked forums and there the common consensus was that she was better off as a sorcerer, and a few other classes.

Well, outside of Apotheosis, it largely doesn't matter.

14 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Well, outside of Apotheosis, it largely doesn't matter.

Oh ok, so it seems like I'll just make her bow knight, thanks for explaining it! I apriciete the help a ton.

Since Gaius is her father, I would've had him pass down Lethality instead but Counter is a good skill for archers. Is Counter at its best in this game? Not really. I think it was a little bit better in Fates tbh.

The main reason people like pairing Gaius with Tharja is that it gives Noire the option to reclass her into a Dark Flier, which means she can get Galeforce. However, this is on Normal difficulty and you may not want to grind that much, which I totally get because I don't like doing that either. If you want to make her into a Bow Knight, her stats and current skill set would be more than enough to make her a good unit. She may not be your MVP, but she'll most likely get the job done and Bow Knight is an underrated class imo. If her stats lean more magical, then I would suggest class changing her to something else, like Sorcerer or Dark Flier.

• 4 weeks later...

I tend to pass down Astra with Gauis and then Luna with Tharja to Noire. Plus thanks to Gauis being Noire’s father, she can go into Dark Flier and grab gale force. If it’s a normal play through, then something like Swordfaire for Assassin or even Sorcerer is a good fit for her. But Apotheosis you’ll want Bowfaire.