Roy and Lilina's bogus journey: Let's ironman FE6 Hard Mode while being terrible at FE!

Benice

xiB4L9q.png

Gather 'round, all, for there are tales to tell.

EKNDtpo.png

The clandestine war of 20 years ago has few left to remember it.

FNJ6obq.png

...And this only has a little bit to do with the fact that only 6% of people who ever participated are actually alive to recall those events.

VXoaGDu.png

But now... Another conflict rises.

ihrB3uk.png

A second chance to save Elibe, a second chance to set our past actions right... But also a second chance to unintentionally solve overpopulation.

wUTab1p.png

For now, he burden of war now falls onto the shoulders of the two least qualified people on Elibe: Me and Roy.

ode9j7t.png

So, welcome, one and all, to what might become an E-rank walkthrough,

59TcxX0.png

and welcome to "Bad Strategist Tips The Scales In The Favor Of The Enemy 2: Electric Boogaloo",

9G64a55.png

the final chapter in the story of My Dude,

IkMy5Jp.png

and this ironman of The Binding Blade!

If you've read snippets of my prior LP, you know exactly what to expect. If you're new... Hi! I do comedic Let's Plays chronicling my misdeeds in Elibe. Last time, I beat Hector Hard Mode while killing off 96% of the cast and made a one-off boss into a major recurring character. I also broke every single rule I set for the ironman. And that's all there really is to say about myself, really! Expect disaster often. Still, I'll set some ground rules. Maybe this time I'll be able to stick to 'em! If you've got any questions, feel free to ask.

RULES

1. This is an ironman run: Anyone who dies stays dead, and if I have to reset after their death, then they will be permanently benched. The exception is below:

1a. I will try my hardest to get the good ending! I am willing to reset to save a unit required to get me there, but they still must be benched afterwards.

2. No in-chapter save states! I will try to make a state at the end of each chapter so that I can avoid the rewind button of death problems we had last time. I hope.

3. Rutger is a crime.

4. The run does not end if Roy dies, but it is expressly forbidden to sacrifice Roy in order to protect someone else.

5. Any unit requests? Ask away! I usually prefer to use the worst possible units and try to avoid overpowered ones, meaning that I probably won't use Milady, Perceval, Allance, Rutger, etc.. I will if I must, though.

6. Praise the sun!

QUESTIONS THAT WOULD PROBABLY BE FREQUENTLY ASKED

Q: You actually killed 94% of Blazing Blade's cast?

A: I absolutely did! I also haven't played FE in a few months, so I expect the first few chapters to be rough.

Q: Will you continue the overly confusing side story from your previous LP?

A: Naturally! Hopefully I won't have to resort to using Chef Boyardee to excuse my mistakes before chapter 7. I probably won't make any maps for the side story, though.

Q: ...There's a side story continuing from your previous LP?

A: Yup. All you need to know is that this lovely crumpet here cGgsqSC.png is My Dude, the tactician from FE7. There's a whole bunch of other characters and weird interactions from the prior LP, but most of it should be pretty self-explanatory, so no need to sift through the massive FE7 ironman.

Q: Is that previous LP any good? If so, where can I find it?

A: In my opinion... Yeah, it's mostly pretty good after Lyn mode due to my incompetence, but it's a pretty big read. You could pretty easily skip Lyn mode, since there's not much goin' on there. You can find the link to the LP underneath this post!

Q: WILL YOU ACTUALLY POST MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWO MONTHS THIS TIME?!

A: I will try very hard. I will aim for one update a week, but since early maps are pretty short, I might be able to pull of a quick start. If school and work interfere too much, I'll probably do a lot of smaller updates.

With all the formalities out of the way, the first update shall be up for this Sunday! I really hope that you guys enjoy this comedic second dive into Elibe. I am extremely excited to play my very favorite mainline FE game, so here's to getting some lucky dodges!

Good luck, you'll need it!

I never attempted BB on Hard, but judging from Normal... I think I'd rather let Zephiel win. How bad can the eradication of humanity be?😛

Hopefully pre-Chapter 7 will be fairly bloodless. I take it you'll aim for Ilia to avoid Swordmaster madness, but Shanna is so danged squishy and Thite isn't an easy recruit, I expect things will go off the rails without the greatest of caution.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Use Sophia and marry Roy to Cecilia.

Edited by Ghost_06_

Oh boy, the sequel! Juno and that recolor of Ogier better have a happy marriage…

Does Lilina being in the title mean you’re gonna use her?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

5. Any unit requests? Ask away! I usually prefer to use the worst possible units and try to avoid overpowered ones, meaning that I probably won't use Milady, Perceval, Allance, Rutger, etc.. I will if I must, though.

Use Fir, because she’s cute.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

5. Any unit requests? Ask away! I usually prefer to use the worst possible units and try to avoid overpowered ones

Good thing FE6 doesn't have any overpowered units, then.

Seconding Fir, because she's genuinely fun to use. Besides that, I suggest Raigh because I'm a nice guy and want to discourage you from using Sophia. It's for your own good!

I found your FE7 lp too late, so didn't follow it that closely, so will try to follow this time, good luck.

I suggest Hugh, cause he is my favorite BB unit and Geese, incase you consider Hugh as the best mage for some reason.

Oh, this is going to be good. I probably shouldn't be saying things like this, but... Hopefully this'll make me feel a bit better about my own FE6 LP.

As for suggestions, well... They tell me that Lot saves ironmans. So yeah. Use Lot.

5 hours ago, Benice said:

ihrB3uk.png

A second chance to save Elibe, a second chance to set our past actions right... But also a second chance to unintentionally solve overpopulation.

You know it's on purpose /s

For now, he burden of war now falls onto the shoulders of the two least qualified people on Elibe: Me and Roy.

This is true of everyone who plays BB.

Use the Chad Chad Actually Treck.

Nyohoho? What is this? Most excellent my dude?

14 hours ago, Benice said:

G W E N D O L Y N

I should probably get back to my own LP at some point too...

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do it damnit.

Best not tell him that i just lost the draft of my update which had all the replies again...

My Dude Chronicles, part 2, chapter 1: Blessed Bors and Lousy Lance

The replies:

Spoiler
On 8/5/2021 at 8:09 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good luck, you'll need it!

Thank you! I am actually pretty FE6 HM... Hopefully enough so to avoid a body count as big as FE7's.

I never attempted BB on Hard, but judging from Normal... I think I'd rather let Zephiel win. How bad can the eradication of humanity be?😛

Nonsense, then Elden Ring will never release!

Hopefully pre-Chapter 7 will be fairly bloodless. I take it you'll aim for Ilia to avoid Swordmaster madness, but Shanna is so danged squishy and Thite isn't an easy recruit, I expect things will go off the rails without the greatest of caution.

I hope to do both routes, but since the chances of any more than one of the four required characters survivng are pretty slim.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:49 PM, Ghost_06_ said:

Use Sophia and marry Roy to Cecilia.

Bold assumption that Cecilia will survive, and that I wasn't already going to use Sophia...

On 8/5/2021 at 9:09 PM, Sooks said:

Oh boy, the sequel! Juno and that recolor of Ogier better have a happy marriage…

Jerrot! I've practiced a lot for Ch. 7 in the past, so I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to at least recruit him.

Does Lilina being in the title mean you’re gonna use her?

Probably! I mostly just needed someone else to keep the Bill & Ted's theme. And Merlinus is not worthy of being in the title.

Use Fir, because she’s cute.

Yay! I love using Fir!

On 8/6/2021 at 2:25 AM, ping said:

I dunno, Roy do be looking kind of based, as the kids say these days.

Seconding Fir, because she's genuinely fun to use. Besides that, I suggest Raigh because I'm a nice guy and want to discourage you from using Sophia. It's for your own good!

Noted! I'll try to use both of 'em. I've had some really good experiences with Raigh in the past.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:10 AM, ranger016 said:

I found your FE7 lp too late, so didn't follow it that closely, so will try to follow this time, good luck.

Thank you! I hope that I remember how to be funny quickly.

I suggest Hugh, cause he is my favorite BB unit and Geese, incase you consider Hugh as the best mage for some reason.

Hugh is probably going to be my only mage at that point in the game, and I will try to use Geese! I've got a metric ton of axe users I'd like to use, so we'll see...

On 8/6/2021 at 7:33 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, this is going to be good.

Thank you! I really-

I probably shouldn't be saying things like this, but... Hopefully this'll make me feel a bit better about my own FE6 LP.

THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR

Plus, I am very familiar with most of FE6-If I can clear Ch.7 and 14 without resets, I think I might be able to pull off the whole thing without Roy dying. MIGHT. There are some really tough maps in there.

As for suggestions, well... They tell me that Lot saves ironmans. So yeah. Use Lot.

I already was! He's always been clutch for me.

On 8/6/2021 at 9:10 AM, Dayni said:

You know it's on purpose /s

Plausible deniability is a wonderful thing.

This is true of everyone who plays BB.

Benice>DonDon? Nice.

Use the Chad Chad Actually Treck.

Woohoo! Everyone's requesting units I like.

On 8/6/2021 at 10:23 AM, Pengaius said:

Nyohoho? What is this?

Death.

Most excellent my dude?

Excellent is an interesting choice of words for My Dude...

G W E N D O L Y N

This one?

NgxBaW9.jpg

Sure, why not.

I should probably get back to my own LP at some point too...

Correct statement!

On 8/6/2021 at 3:57 PM, Pengaius said:

Best not tell him that i just lost the draft of my update which had all the replies again...

I FEEL FOR YOU

The update:

Spoiler

xvR67Cf.png

cGgsqSC.pngI know that already! Jeez, it's as if nobody saw the events of 20 years ago...

dTozr0b.pngcKxrSiu.pngKkakWKx.png0wJljpr.png

lLaDA84.png

Peanut butter on toast?

XW6SqRt.png

Oh.

rlB1FaF.pngw2JbNc1.png

They definitely aren't big pricks!

3omXYwf.pngAHyboVq.png

They definitely have a logical ruler!

7Zxko6p.pngMf44UnN.pngY136Zfx.png7KEQM85.png

America, weak edition!

q5HZ7vo.pngL6dRIrj.pngcJ2mRBk.pngV6iv5x8.pngJ8jKvx9.png

A thousand years of peace is pretty good...

NxC5fSN.pngrh6DSjI.pnggxybyoH.png

Oh noes! If only an ill unit can stop the entire thing offscreen.

zLfz3dy.pngOk94YtS.pngWZLz2tt.png

There's Eligood! All is well.

Although I guess he's more like Ill-iwood right now.

8dfTyp5.png

Fantastic, I've already missed a screenshot!

B4nRGk0.pngD1UmSK2.png

and Bors.

sgamiR6.png

f4lvnJR.png

Here we go! FE6 has a lot less plot, so-

52 SCREENSHOTS WHY

I shall simply paraphrase, then.

zwMiGyn.pngsyELkvh.pngCQo8CXO.pnggi0cc1T.pngnl2cMM8.pngPhSm6qf.png

Sir, I am not a bandit, but wouldn't ransom be the way to go here?

K1OmomN.pngiAAQ0aq.png

40NcjKX.pngP0ozM36.pngYmdP0kb.pngpWpvhtG.png

THAT'S A LIE, LANCE. THEY'RE ALREADY ON THE GATE.

v0X9JQB.pngD22aMpN.pngK5jWm92.png

cGgsqSC.pngWhat a wonderful day! I wonder where we are... This will be a great place to retire, though! No more wars... No more fighting...

F0ji0qu.pngYou there!

cGgsqSC.pngHm?

F0ji0qu.pngYou have a medal that says that you're a knight of Lycia!

cGgsqSC.pngWell, technically yes, bu-

F0ji0qu.pngThere's been a small bandit attack in Pherae and we need some more knights to help!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0But-

F0ji0qu.pngNo ifs or buts, get going, recruit! And hustle! We need to be there by morning!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Why does this happen to me every single time...

F0ji0qu.pngHurry it up!

MJJ7QPh.png8vTMvOk.png

vWRCHbA.pngWow! I get to use a sword, just like in the animes that I watch, haha!

F0ji0qu.pngLord Roy, this man wishes to pledge his alliegance to you.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Uh, yes, I guess. Hello. I'm My Dude. I once served as Lord Eliwood's tactician. It may have been a dreadful time for me, but I would like to help save Eliwood.

vWRCHbA.pngMarcus, do I have to pay him?

F0ji0qu.pngNo, milord.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0...

vWRCHbA.pngWelcome aboard, then!

rvTELKG.png

Heeeeeeeere we go! I may have forgotten how to be funny in LPs, but I sure haven't forgotten how much I love FE6!

cscGfTU.png

I forgot to take a screenshot, but here's our starting crew!

ilEl9MT.pngEslso7C.png

First off, Bors!

Pros:

-Chin

Cons:

-Everything else.

Bors is absolutely horrid. His growths are all close to acceptable by FE6's standards, with 40% speed growth, 30% str, 90% hp and 35% def, but his skill is really low, he's a knight, his bases are bad, and the volume of axes in the earlygame makes training him really hard. He can't really tank much more than anyone else at this point despite his high defense, since some enemies can double him. Still, I do intend to use him! He might be really helpful in chapter 7, and having a good tank might come up clutch in chapter 4, which are both chapters I'm very scared of in the earlygame. And we all know everyone's going to die, so having a high def character might be helpful.

qNKP9we.pngdh6bWje.png

Lance is pretty danged good. The Cavalier class line is really strong in FE6, Lance has great constitution, good speed, growths where you want 'em, and access to swords in the earlygame. He can promote in chapter 7, (I think, it might be eight) which makes him incredibly strong for a long while, even if he might fall off in the lategame. Plus, he can support Alan. His only real competition for that first Knight's Crest is Alan, and both are useful enough before then, especially once their growths kick in. I don't plan on using Lance, not only because I prefer other cavs, but also because I don't expect him to survive until chapter 7.

HGB3E1J.png

I forgot to take a photo of Roy's stats, but at least you now know that he has a rapier! It's a little-known fact.

Roy is even worse than Bors until endgame. His bases are low but acceptable, his growths are fine but don't compensate for the bases, his class is bad, and he doesn't promote until 21x, about 27 maps away. He can barely even damage armor knights with the rapier...

Even at level 20, lots of lategame enemies can defeat Roy with one hit, and plenty put him down in one round as well. Because a major portion of the game is dominated by axes, it can be sort of worthwhile training him. I probably will use him a little bit, but not to level 20.

Once he promotes, he becomes pretty danged good, though, due to the Binding Blade being really strong, and his levels come in really easily.

uRUYCWS.png

Literally lance with more strength and less speed and skill. He's arguably better because despite his speed being lower, he's still fast enough to double if he promotes in chapter 7/8 and has slight leads in defense and HP. Much like Lance, I don't intend to use him much.

r7JNKR6.pngOhmABCv.png

I would make the argument that Marcus is the best unit in the entire game. His growths barely exist, and unless you're Ruben, he won't be good for very long, but he is so unbelievably useful until chapter 11 or so, and if he gets lucky with any levels, he extends his usefulness by a chapter or two. I really need him to be alive for chapter 7, so I really hope I don't lose him in chapter 4. I also usually like to grind his axe rank up to D, but we'll talk about that when I get to the point where that becomes relevant.

zFf2xF3.png

Alas, Wolt and Rebecca's child had a Y chromosone, so his name is not PogChamp.

Wolt is only useful because he can chip from a distance in the earlygame. His growths are fine, but it takes a lot of levels to get him to being good.

Yr3smKT.png

This random bandit better than every unit I have except for Marcus!

SvNWvHN.png

This map is deceptively difficult if you don't know what you're in for with this game, but fairly easy as long as you aren't too reckless. I've played this map many times, so now would be a very bad time to choke.

C75w36a.pngJSMWDxx.png

Turn 1 is essentially just baiting these two chappies here. Bors and Lance should hopefully be able to deal with the lower one, while Marcus, Alan and Wolt should have the top handled.

gMQcLGb.pngjuLmv4s.pngYbWW1wg.png

First flashbang of the LP in the first combat of the LP! Yay.

JKhFEak.png

Lance, I can see that we're going to have problems with each other.

i6l8AtI.png

At least you hit in return, though.

dOoCJOJ.png

There's not much to do for anyone other than Marcus here, but if we can't get rid of the bandit at the bottom, we'll have some problems.

tcLV0cd.pngSAhKtdC.png

Excellent...

ucVL7gI.png

Mmmmm...Nah. He probably won't miss, but I don't wanna risk it.

iwD5gjV.png

giGUXdP.png

Shaky hitrate...

maQmDpc.png

Nice.

leFYxBd.pngrR0sbH1.png

Wolt is being useful!

WyXD8Zj.png

No need to move Marcus.

1bx0w8I.pngen7Bpvi.pngOFh4leH.png

So many flashbangs...

NinUe3o.png

Wolt is actually pretty handy right now! Perhaps I sold him short.

0NBfM4b.png

I did not sell him short.

J2f7ARf.png

Eergh... Unless Lance misses, he can't die here. Why'd I move Marcus...

DIlYeDU.png

You can't see it here, but Lance landed the hit!

DIlYeDU.png

...Lance also got hit on enemy phase, but that's not a problem.

qB5axto.pngXCq614Q.png

I think we're good to go for this map, then!

piazQx7.png

Instead of using him to do anything of value, Marcus visits funny "Money is important!" house.

ACM7BAl.png

This is our tank.The tank who is 2RKO'd.

b8Vt58u.png

Wolt, it would be inconvenient if you missed.

E1iu3pA.pngv2uRFF3.png

Oooh! I missed every frame that suggests this, but he crit! I did sell Wolt short!

X0clb5f.pngTsMMSCV.png

Bors is well-suited to tanking this archer.

UPGFPKl.pngvk7T2kG.pngtTqgO6W.pngkMqxQSx.png

How did I get so many flashbangs...

H5uyole.png

WHY

h3SHEkO.pngkrB3j75.png

So it appears I placed Alan in the archer's range. Lovely.

9AUybdw.png

Bors just rescued Roy. That wasn't supposed to happen.

gOcjyXO.png

Well, let's see if Lance can get some exp here.

sazGW5C.png

Bah.

BUkfvYs.png

I'll send Marcus to the village, since losing that 5k would suck.

e2Rjnmf.png

Please hit.

Kl1hqqc.png

Thank you!

6OmZYce.png

C'mon, Lance!

z06A0yC.png

At least you hit as well, I guess.

mRMxayb.png4EPgyaX.png

Tax day comes early to these villagers.

DW31qof.png

I send Alan over to bait one of these two here, and everyone else gathers around them.

mYYwGaJ.png3LQjzHW.png

Wait, his name is Alen with an E?

ghL3WD6.pngTB48g2J.png

TvZwLVS.pngzYYSQGB.pngHZcMxvb.png

Wolt being good, Lance being bad, Roy be good.

hCkgMhB.png1BA5WW8.pngAIfSkrq.pngCXThm5b.png

Lots of uneventful stuff.

nEeyFqO.png6Qee5zV.pngBwNOHQ2.png

Bors just won't miss!

lQ9TVsg.pngccLkPmt.png

Perfect.

9eAgKDJ.png07ssPgn.pngBfSisAi.png5cqrKYW.pngDK2f6oH.pngReemOvc.png

Everyone is dodging as intended except for Lance.

vn2u6g1.png70SLPpm.png

WHY IS BORS BEING SO GOOD?!

51ltkvY.pngbrTlOuy.pngky0inbi.pngJxbJyZ6.png

Lance finally dodges! Exp's been spread pretty evenly so far, so we're probably about to get a whole bunch of levels.

e4i3KKd.pngOHlLoO5.pngsoHfI99.pngrotw0yc.pngK9x7YFu.png

There we go, Lance is gettin' into it.

UjYSXBl.png3IqMrpe.png

Oh boy... First level of the LP...

aG6g3qO.png

Eyy! That's not bad at all! That's good, even! It doesn't matter that much since I'm not using him long-term, but it's still nice.

1LFsqnG.pngMuhbpyd.pngI1r98k0.png

Second level...

0Q126jY.png

Not bad. Roy can do much worse than that. He probably will, in fact.

DJembWr.png3q8DpbR.pngZiQFr9e.pngI3WENy6.png

Perfect! Let's get Wolt his fir-

hFsbkQF.png

Dangit.

soi8u7p.png

Thank you, Alen.

1r0kjBd.png

This should work nicely.

ztOYOsv.png4cHcUmp.png

BORS, HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS?! THAT'S ANOTHER HIT!

Is this foreshadowing? Is Bors going to be the hero of this LP?

PhudmMH.pngRIE99Ol.png

Nice.

MLApkSj.pnguyAEgXZ.pngGIlmjQu.png

Will Bors get a good level?

1zrbBpi.png

Ey? Don't mind if I do! That's a pretty nice start. Should help his survivability a lot in the earlygame. And the skill is very nice to have.

hCrp9JQ.png

Well, let's get Wolt his first leve-

3D2vjK7.png

Dangit.

QrwX0Tu.pnguqnJxDF.pngNjt1Pzz.png

Alen level!

odqv12h.png

Also pretty solid!

sAjthqg.pngVvrAAeX.pngJTRoM55.png

Frick.

g72zcxs.png

I'm not too worried about this, but a miss here could kill a few of my units... Marcus can rescue Roy, though.

j0OjqtI.png

Alright, we're fine.

ZB8yHJw.pngCBf0Mzx.png

Marcus steals some exp.

1seCw4y.pngn1NpZlo.pngM5f2Yjh.pngZp5u1Gp.pngo4f5Uyp.png

Dear lord, so many flashbangs...

UMRQ3OK.png

Let's get Wolt his first level.

t5JSLLD.pngiMtgrsT.png

Thank you.

QAY36mX.png

Well.

The wait was certainly worth it.

Wow.

This is a blessed run. We got through the first map deathless, get some solid levels, have a lucky Bors and cap it off with a near-perfect level!

pVbCu7y.png

A few Marcus chops later...

reSz9A6.pngTJYE8AL.pnga3ZhVkB.png

Yeeaaah, not happening.

TnwLuVt.png

Wolt, take the wheel!

Dr76ewb.pngzis8XoT.pngMAud1fh.png

There we go!

0thD5EF.png23ajfGL.png2BFVQVC.png

Yes! Let us have our titular "Lilina"! Powerful mage!

iHK59lv.png

...Why are all FE lords good at un-recruiting people?

ePmdir0.png6lxYNZ4.png

Isn't going to the border of the country trying to invade us a bad idea?

UwRR7rl.png

So that was a lie.

qNOkPdW.pngloBtj5m.pngCHV3iGM.pngsZgm3Ih.png

Bors says his final line in the entire story.

Pvy7kl3.png

I missed what Lilina said here.

vWRCHbA.pngWow, I get to go on an adventure! Hm, show everyone who the next Maquess of Pherae is? This sounds like an opportunity to expand my power!

w2rBpxT.pngYdMe2hm.png

Nice. That went about as well as it possibly could have.

Next time, we pick up three really useful units! Will this be an addition to our army, or will my tactical choices cost us? Find out on Tuesday or Wednesday! This is my first time doing this in a long time, so let's hope that I'll remember how to be funny sooner rather than later. I hope you guys enjoyed, and please remember to stay wonderful!

Death count:

Reset count:

cGgsqSC.pngAlrighty, that's over with. Now, Florina and I can finally settle do- where did she go?

h99pFBl.pngTeeheehee...

cGgsqSC.pngSt. Elimine?

h99pFBl.pngWhat if I told you that the Florina you brought with you to the future was an illusion?

cGgsqSC.png...WHAT?

h99pFBl.pngInterfering with time is a massive no-no for us deities.

cGgsqSC.pngThen why'd you send me forwards 20 years?!

h99pFBl.pngEh, you wouldn't have done anything important for those 20 years.

cGgsqSC.pngI am more than a little furious with you right now...

h99pFBl.pngNow, now! You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Assist that degenerate with red hair. You know, Roy.

cGgsqSC.png...

h99pFBl.pngHe'll face many trials which he'll need your help with... But make sure to prevent his power from growing too large. He will become a tyrant if you cannot hold him in check.

cGgsqSC.pngWhy should I even bother? Last time I helped with military affairs...

h99pFBl.pngIf you do as I ask, I will elevate you to being a deity. My Dude, god of sandwiches. There will be no deity more worshipped in all the land. And I'll send you back to your own time as well, I guess, so that you may reunite with Florina. Being a god walking amongst silly mortals is great fun.

cGgsqSC.pngIs this all you'll ask of me?

h99pFBl.pngYes. You want eternal relaxation, I will accomodate that request, if you only see this through to the end. Teehee! Enjoy~

cGgsqSC.png...Why me?

vWRCHbA.pngHeyo! You're the tactics one, right? Welcome aboard! Just make sure not to cause me any problems, and we'll get along just fine.

ZVoE4wM.jpgThat poor My Dude... I wonder if I can have an acolyte of mine assist him. Ah! I know just who to call.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

F0ji0qu.pngNo, milord.

Giving some good old Marthipan vibes.

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

E1iu3pA.pngv2uRFF3.png

Oooh! I missed every frame that suggests this, but he crit! I did sell Wolt short!

Wolt is getting blessed?

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

aG6g3qO.png

Eyy! That's not bad at all! That's good, even! It doesn't matter that much since I'm not using him long-term, but it's still nice.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

0Q126jY.png

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

1zrbBpi.png

Ey? Don't mind if I do! That's a pretty nice start. Should help his survivability a lot in the earlygame. And the skill is very nice to have.

Neat, not a bad start with this lot.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

QAY36mX.png

Well.

Wow.

This is a blessed run. We got through the first map deathless, get some solid levels, have a lucky Bors and cap it off with a near-perfect level!

Wolt.

Wolt got a great first level.

Wew.

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

h99pFBl.pngIf you do as I ask, I will elevate you to being a deity. My Dude, god of sandwiches. There will be no deity more worshipped in all the land. And I'll send you back to your own time as well, I guess, so that you may reunite with Florina. Being a god walking amongst silly mortals is great fun.

I definitely have not caught up on the plot of BS when Serra is a god who can make other gods.

And of course My Dude got duped into helping Boi.

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Benice said:

Wolt and Rebecca's child

xopGgtA.jpg

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Yes! Let us have our titular “Lilina”! Powerful mage!

Powerful is a bit of stretch… powerful characters double!

ZVoE4wM.jpgThat poor My Dude... I wonder if I can have an acolyte of mine assist him. Ah! I know just who to call.

Send him Fir, Mr. Boyardee.

Edited by Sooks

9 hours ago, Benice said:

They definitely have a logical ruler!

Humans bad --> Kill all humans --> World is a better place.

Seems legit.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Going for the Major Holy Ullr Blood strats, I see.

Spoiler
18 hours ago, Benice said:

Plus, I am very familiar with most of FE6-If I can clear Ch.7 and 14 without resets, I think I might be able to pull off the whole thing without Roy dying. MIGHT. There are some really tough maps in there.

Inb4 you do better than me. I can only hope so. Wish you the best of luck, man!

F0ji0qu.pngYou have a medal that says that you're a knight of Lycia!

F0ji0qu.pngHmmm... Hold up a moment, what's that thing in front of the words "knight of Lycia"? It looks like... sort of an ink smudge...

cGgsqSC.pngYes, I tried really hard to wipe off the part that said "responsible for the deaths of every single," but the bleach messed up the badge.

F0ji0qu.png......

F0ji0qu.pngYou're hired anyway.

Sorry

ilEl9MT.pngEslso7C.png

First off, Bors!

Pros:

-Chin

Cons:

-Everything else.

Bors is wonderful. Words cannot express how amazing this man is. I also got him killed in chapter 3. Please don't be like me.

His growths barely exist, and unless you're Ruben, he won't be good for very long, but he is so unbelievably useful until chapter 11 or so, and if he gets lucky with any levels, he extends his usefulness by a chapter or two.

qSBDeEa.png

ours ago, Benice said:

BUkfvYs.png

I'll send Marcus to the village, since losing that 5k would suck.

In GBAFE, bandits will always prioritize attacking your units over razing villages. They're nice like that.

BwNOHQ2.png

Bors just won't miss!

Bors on his way to solo this entire game.

1zrbBpi.png

Case in point...

QAY36mX.png

Well.

OHOHOHOHOHAHAHAHAHAH

Yes.

Make Wolt into a God. Succeed where I failed, Benice! Dew it!!

UwRR7rl.png

So that was a lie.

It's gonna be fun to watch Merlinus's Merlinusness once again. That's what I look forward to the most in a potential FE6 remake: HD Merlinus with full voice acting yelling about traps.

h99pFBl.pngHe'll face many trials which he'll need your help with... But make sure to prevent his power from growing too large. He will become a tyrant if you cannot hold him in check.

Ahh, not to worry, Serra. Roy is useless.

Make it Wrys. For no reason at all. Just, Wrys.

If you've no sprite for him I allow you to use my first Wrys sprite, you know the one I'm talking about

How did I miss the line about Wolt and Rebecca?

Apparently Wolt mastered time travel.

Spoiler

Does this mean he's fated to become a god and thus the blessings so far are merely a prelude to his godhood?

Spoiler
On 8/5/2021 at 7:24 PM, Benice said:

ode9j7t.png

So, welcome, one and all, to what might become an E-rank walkthrough,

That is a lot harder to pull off in FE6...

On 8/5/2021 at 7:24 PM, Benice said:

Too many (like that lovely mustache dad), but I think I will mainly suggest the Armored Knight Triangle attack.

On 8/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, Benice said:

8dfTyp5.png

Its tragic to see Covid hit such a prominent public figure...

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0But-

F0ji0qu.pngNo ifs or buts, get going, recruit! And hustle! We need to be there by morning!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Why does this happen to me every single time...

F0ji0qu.pngHurry it up!

Oh poor Marcus must be going senile if he doesn't remember the horrors of My Dude.

vWRCHbA.pngWow! I get to use a sword, just like in the animes that I watch, haha!

Oh my good what a Weeb...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

F0ji0qu.pngNo, milord.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0...

vWRCHbA.pngWelcome aboard, then!

What a prick too...

ilEl9MT.pngEslso7C.png

First off, Bors!

Pros:

-Chin

- Early game Triangle attack

His only real competition for that first Knight's Crest is Alan, and both are useful enough before then, especially once their growths kick in.

What about Bors, or Barth, or ...ok  I can't actually say Gwendolyn with a straight face.

zFf2xF3.png

I will lets other stick with the incest typo, but despite that we are clearly in the worst timeline; St. Elmine should have brought us to see PogChamp's epic adventure with her milk sibling.

Yr3smKT.png

This random bandit better than every unit I have except for Marcus!

Sounds about right for a hard FE mode.

ucVL7gI.png

Mmmmm...Nah. He probably won't miss, but I don't wanna risk it.

Those are some slim odds of failure in double RN, but

giGUXdP.png

Shaky hitrate...

maQmDpc.png

Nice.

crafting this clever excuse to give Bors some extra exp is something I fully approve of.

v2uRFF3.png

Other than that HP dropping too low for anything other than a crit in that last frame.

h3SHEkO.pngkrB3j75.png

So it appears I placed Alan in the archer's range. Lovely.

9AUybdw.png

Bors just rescued Roy. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Oops...hopefully you aren't punished for that double goof.

mYYwGaJ.png3LQjzHW.png

And an extra L, but it does kinda depend on the translation for how his name is spelled.

vn2u6g1.png70SLPpm.png

WHY IS BORS BEING SO GOOD?!

Its destiny, you have to use the armored knight triangle now!

0Q126jY.png

Such a Roy levelup

QAY36mX.png

Well.

Wow.

Wow...Wolt has been blessed by his paradox sister PogChamp it seems...

iHK59lv.png

...Why are all FE lords good at un-recruiting people?

Wait until Berwick Saga where you have to basically strangle Reese to keep him from un-recruiting people

vWRCHbA.pngWow, I get to go on an adventure! Hm, show everyone who the next Maquess of Pherae is? This sounds like an opportunity to expand my power!

...uh oh...

h99pFBl.pngWhat if I told you that the Florina you brought with you to the future was an illusion?

cGgsqSC.png...WHAT?

What a twist! Also what a bi-

The patron deity of Hector... hm... who is he going to bring....

EDIT: I am a fool, Hector worshiped Cup of Noodles, not Chef Boyardee ...

Seems my return was well timed

Edited by Eltosian Kadath
I dun goofed on my Benice LP lore

My Dude Chronicles, part 2, chapter 2: Roy gets the Lordvessel/A lord dies but doesn't cause a reset.

First delayed update of the LP! AAAA-

Guinevere:

Spoiler
On 8/8/2021 at 2:15 PM, Dayni said:

Giving some good old Marthipan vibes.

"As a friend, you are replaceable"

Wolt is getting blessed?

I wasn't even intending to use him... I have no choice now, though!

Neat, not a bad start with this lot.

There is a distinct lack of strength, but the speed is nice!

Wolt.

Wolt got a great first level.

Wew.

Every little bit helps!

I definitely have not caught up on the plot of BS when Serra is a god who can make other gods.

Don't worry about it.

And of course My Dude got duped into helping Boi.

I need someone else to blame when I kill at least 80% of the cast!

On 8/8/2021 at 4:00 PM, Sooks said:
  Hide contents

xopGgtA.jpg

GYAAAAAAAA- NO I DIDN'T MEAN IT I MEANT WIL WIL WIL WIL

Powerful is a bit of stretch… powerful characters double!

She's got the 75% magic growth, though! Lysithea, but 17 years earlier!

Send him Fir, Mr. Boyardee.

Ahaha, getting Fir requires me to play well in the hardest chapter of all of FE6...

On 8/8/2021 at 11:25 PM, ping said:

Humans bad --> Kill all humans --> World is a better place.

Seems legit.

I think I'll accidentally wind up helping him out.

Going for the Major Holy Ullr Blood strats, I see.

Hey, it's working!

On 8/9/2021 at 8:24 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Inb4 you do better than me. I can only hope so. Wish you the best of luck, man!

Thanks! I'm also very much going to eat my words from earlier the moment we get to chapter 4.

F0ji0qu.pngHmmm... Hold up a moment, what's that thing in front of the words "knight of Lycia"? It looks like... sort of an ink smudge...

cGgsqSC.pngYes, I tried really hard to wipe off the part that said "responsible for the deaths of every single," but the bleach messed up the badge.

F0ji0qu.png......

F0ji0qu.pngYou're hired anyway.

Sorry

OOF

At least Marcus was impressed enough by me last time out to re-hire me...?

Bors is wonderful. Words cannot express how amazing this man is. I also got him killed in chapter 3. Please don't be like me.

I need him to train Gwendolyn, so I will do my best not to!

Also, didn't you somehow get him killed by the boss?

qSBDeEa.png

I can only dream of having units rivaling the comedic value of Marcus.

In GBAFE, bandits will always prioritize attacking your units over razing villages. They're nice like that.

I seem to recall bandits ignoring me from time to time...

Bors on his way to solo this entire game.

Case in point...

Once he promotes, he'll be as fast as Roy in terms of movement! S-tier!

OHOHOHOHOHAHAHAHAHAH

Yes.

Make Wolt into a God. Succeed where I failed, Benice! Dew it!!

Oh boy... Well, at least the chip damage is really helpful.

It's gonna be fun to watch Merlinus's Merlinusness once again. That's what I look forward to the most in a potential FE6 remake: HD Merlinus with full voice acting yelling about traps.

Oh yeah, I forgot that I said I'd get him to level up.

...That'll be fun.

Ahh, not to worry, Serra. Roy is useless.

We shall see if this is indeed true...

Make it Wrys. For no reason at all. Just, Wrys.

If you've no sprite for him I allow you to use my first Wrys sprite, you know the one I'm talking about

8nRAhSE.jpg

On 8/9/2021 at 12:52 PM, Dayni said:

How did I miss the line about Wolt and Rebecca?

NOOO-

Apparently Wolt mastered time travel.

Eurgh...

It proves that Wil is so bad that even his son outperforms him, though.

Hide contents

Does this mean he's fated to become a god and thus the blessings so far are merely a prelude to his godhood?

Only if Bors dies before him.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hide contents

That is a lot harder to pull off in FE6...

Really?

Too many (like that lovely mustache dad), but I think I will mainly suggest the Armored Knight Triangle attack.

Maybe. I'll try, at least!

Its tragic to see Covid hit such a prominent public figure...

Oh poor Marcus must be going senile if he doesn't remember the horrors of My Dude.

It's for the best.

Oh my good what a Weeb...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

He'd probably even play the Skateboarding minigame in MGS2 but not play the main game!

What a prick too...

His stats may be bad, but he's good at economizing...

- Early game Triangle attack

Sort of earlygame... Although if I promote Bors, he might be able to use the hammer and OHKO the ch.8 boss with it.

What about Bors, or Barth, or ...ok  I can't actually say Gwendolyn with a straight face.

In practice, Lance and Alen aren't gonna be used, soo...

I will lets other stick with the incest typo, but despite that we are clearly in the worst timeline; St. Elmine should have brought us to see PogChamp's epic adventure with her milk sibling.

My Dude does need to suffer for his errors in FE7, doesn't he? No PogChamp for him.

Sounds about right for a hard FE mode.

I love this game.

Those are some slim odds of failure in double RN, but

It'd only be a bummer because then my Ch. 7 strategy would require me to sacrifice Clarine.

crafting this clever excuse to give Bors some extra exp is something I fully approve of.

Exactly.

Other than that HP dropping too low for anything other than a crit in that last frame.

I suppose so, but I'm not observant enough for that.

Oops...hopefully you aren't punished for that double goof.

Bors is invincible, he was never in any danger!

And an extra L, but it does kinda depend on the translation for how his name is spelled.

I've seen Allan, Allen and Alan used IRL, but never Alen.

Its destiny, you have to use the armored knight triangle now!

Until I kill Barth by accident.

Such a Roy levelup

I'll accept it.

Wow...Wolt has been blessed by his paradox sister PogChamp it seems...

Maybe it wasn't a typo, no way this guy has Wil's genes...

Wait until Berwick Saga where you have to basically strangle Reese to keep him from un-recruiting people

At least I get Larentia...

...uh oh...

Hmmm...

What a twist! Also what a bi-

St. Elimine is a master of deception.

The patron deity of Hector... hm... who is he going to bring....

The only truly benign god of the pantheon will surely give graciously.

Seems my return was well timed

Very glad to have you back!

Take the wheel:

Spoiler

kWYDNXH.pngl1yG1r5.png

Not a faulty plan at all!

3SrzhZi.pngxgQqLFa.pngZiOE9hX.pngQKez4MP.png

ZWzUYVI.png

BLOTVCF.pngq4gdOHw.pngzBkrNDV.pngHGS5rTZ.pngyOG6fFz.pngsCCT3Tj.pngkq5H0mI.png

Ooh, the Princess of Bern is missing! We can hold her hostage and end the war if we find her!

CJ0xE5m.pngGf3vGmS.png

Never mind...

wGXlxdu.pngtWZxLZl.pngAjdhlE4.pngFKzIjq2.pngUW753RF.png

Yes, like us!

POzwaUf.png1o0p7NI.pngfEElnFV.pngiVz2zus.png

I love this solider. I shall name him Sid and feature him in a comedic subplot over the course of the LP! Nobody's ever done that before, right?

LZMu0E5.pnglvdrhwo.pngvwVey4p.pngIQnV6BY.pngTrVIPAW.pnghS9VX2g.png

CN1NscG.png

Woah, this is the location?!

TIw9BY7.pngfJYraJ9.png

Eyy, it's Elen! I hope you make Glass proud in this playthrough...

pOoeD6a.pngJWiq0Rk.pngklcHhTp.pngccYL32w.png

Seems like a valid reason to get some easy EXP.

nTTIFpc.png

Walking Vulnerary get!

Xkp4A7Q.png

This map is very, very easy so long as you are careful with where you go with our reinforcements. It's certainly possible to lose a unit here, and I do have to watch Elen since she can get OHKO'd by some enemies.

m8eT9Ey.png

Speaking of Elen, here she is! I forgot to take a picture of her at the start, so you get minor spoilers about her fate in this map. She's our first healer and our only one for a whole two and a half maps. She's pretty important, but anything else with a staff is better than her.  Her base speed is quite good but is marred by a terrible 20% growth, her magic has a great 50% growth but is marred by a horrid 1 base, and she has no defense at all! She does have really good resistance, though, and theoretically, she could be a pretty decent Mage Jagen if I choose to earlypromote her.

Despite the fact that she's a filler unit, I want to use her because she's Glass' kid! Since she's the only bad combat mage unit I have until Sophia, I intend to give her lots of bias stat boosters.

cGgsqSC.png...

Iln3Sp3.pngUm, sir? Why are you peering at me with such intent?

cGgsqSC.pngAh! Sorry, you just look a lot like someone I knew.

Iln3Sp3.pngThey must have been special if they stood out to you despite looking rather plain like me!

cGgsqSC.pngWell, I didn't know her well, but I saw firsthand what she was able to do.

Iln3Sp3.pngWell, I will aim to be as impactful as the one from your past!

LqwQnQw.png

Welp, simply because I don't want to keep typing "Alen" instead of "Allen", "Alan" or "Allan", I will not be using Alen, and will instead relegate the role of "Village finder" to him.

iz1zn7o.png

Only if they're enemy knights. Or Wendy

9Hi4w0C.pnga6Or6zZ.png

Thanks.

aMWpaUu.png

I forgot to take screenshots of my formation for turn 1, but here it is now!

drQeSEK.pngCLLftbP.pngYP4tr2E.png

BORS DOUBLES

BORS GOOD

R3Is39q.pngxvclyBt.pngb2lLwYU.png

Lance<Bors

MkusTFF.png

...Is this the LP of inopportune screenshots? I had a ton of Flashbangs in the previous update, now the x2 is blocking the Mt? GAH!

DN5vvnw.png8nkhq7k.png

Wolt good!

pMhTpec.png

G2BWO5E.png

Please miss one of these, Lance.

I8liWLO.pngt2nRAwP.pngdSCnVBV.pngogAdM3P.png

...As you can see, this map is mostly just trying to give EXP to Bors. As such, I'll be brief with this one so that we can quickly get to the parts where I'm more likely to cry and die!

GAhPxlN.pngnjDg3G8.pngosgNh06.pngOpr0wuh.pnglht0Rrx.png

The new recruits!

7G7Aw2H.png

I forgot to take a picture of Ward, but he's pretty bad. Typical fighter, featuring nothing but Strength and HP, although he has a high skill growth to compensate for his bad base. He's really slow, so dangerous enemies can potentially kill him easily, but if you ignore the better options for the Hero Crests, he can work pretty well due to the fantastic promotion bonuses in this game. Still, I consider axes to be a huge asset in FE6, and I do intend to use him!

qk6cx5z.png

Lot is a unit I genuinely consider to be pretty good. Decent growths across the board and solid bases in strength, speed and HP, he also features the highest def growth in the game at 40%, meaning that between his great HP, Warrior promo bonuses and his growths, he becomes very formidable. He's phenomenal in Ilia due to all of the pegasi, and can use bows upon promotion for good chipping and, later on, potential to deal tons of damage to wyverns. I quite like him, and I would like to use him? His support with Wade comes up clutch for me pretty frequently.

cOPHvIi.png

Dieck (Deke?) is pretty darn good. Great bases, good growths, good class, good starting level. He's not as good as another sword unit we get soon, but he's a pretty good candidate for the first hero crest due to his tankiness.

oVVkt7h.png

Shanna is really, really good. Her only good stats are her skill, speed and luck as well as passable resistance, but because of her class, she is absolutely amazing in the Western isles if you can get her to level 10. I intend to use her because of how good she can become fairly quickly. Plus, if you can get her to A lances, she does very well with a silver lance in the earlygame.

Anyways, to quickly summarize this map:

EUoy8Iv.png495NKLO.pngu5aG3ow.png2ssNv43.pngBqIFPK6.png

I spend Lycia's healthcare money on weaponry, rely on FE6 axes, and attempt to train Shanna.

whf0GXh.png

Y'know what, I will take this. More hit, and the extra defense is nice.

R46nfQF.png

I'd like to point out that both Wade and Lot ORKO all the soldiers on this map.

jyCmqYm.png

I also tried to make good on my promise to level Merlinus up, but it's not going well.

Q0O5h5D.png

Agony.

NQNofds.png

First axe level of the playthrough if he hits!

IlYBrLn.pngugYm0CN.png

lhYETav.png

Hey, not bad!

IOYkQ0q.png

Bors learns a lot from having an axe in his lance arm.

xzbjSha.png

In fact, the injury made him a lot more accurate!

8LmVB0T.png

Not that it did him any good here.

gNPfkhX.png

Excellent level! Shame about the fact that you're getting benched.

VMQV8yI.png

Speed, HP, defense or strength, please...

3OeQy8c.png

STRENGTH! That is an excellent start!

ykdWc4x.png

Oho, Roy level! Prepare to mock hi-

jI4y9Ce.png

Wow. Maybe I should invest into levelling him up for the earlygame.

rhgy3eE.png

Lot, show the haters what you can do!

8O6xGBu.png

...H-helps his bulk, right? Tanky fighter...

DeR2itT.pngu4m8jZT.png

We fight Rude! Well, it's spelled "Ruud" now, but Rude is funnier.

LDuNQ7G.pngjMezZw3.pngVksoxDf.pngCxo3sRI.png

Oy.

00n4CFq.pnggFixxsR.pngTWdlpQ8.png

Well, since I'm here, may as well grind Marcus' axe rank! He also gets a level that is much better than what is expected.

5MhVrvO.png

Finish the job!

3MiNY4s.pngLKQmQh3.png

I then messed up the rescue-drop, so by the time Lot made it back...

M3ZUak5.pngGyN8eYU.pnggslxF8D.pngBoX3f7C.png

AXES ARE GOOD IN FE6, I SWEAR!

zNuLRVK.png

Roy, finish the job...

vWRCHbA.pngBy my twilight blade, be felled, you vile beast!

DgwO4ye.pngAF9rE0T.png

Thank you.

suVpU66.pngvysCXPk.pnghGrM5KF.png

And they said Kaga didn't work on this game! We've already got an imprisoned female!

g9IvX61.pngfRQVNFm.png

2qTqphv.pngRtpVcrZ.pngD19YY3M.pngEVSRTlf.pngr3eGDY8.png

GUINIVERE?!

goMlzP1.pngr3eGDY8.pngFlnAr12.png

GUINIVERE?!

bDbH9sM.png

Yes, because Elen and her 1 magic are very threatening.

qeYIOV4.pngaA2irUh.pnglilv2hG.pnghR0kc2g.pngAJUQvxX.pngVJLU9VU.pngSA0cuGE.pngOA2Va3m.png

It would have been a pretty neat twist if this Guinevere were actually an imposter and the real one had another agenda.

mQQ8Qwi.pngRIf9AQD.pngAsJWKkj.pngL6vBSDU.png

vWRCHbA.pngThis is the perfect time to ransom Guinevere to Bern! I can become very mighty! Alternatively, a political wedding could get us on Bern's side so we can crush Etr-

F0ji0qu.pngLord Roy, that is not the knightly thing to do.

vWRCHbA.pngBut MARCUSSSS!

F0ji0qu.pngI may not be your father, but I refuse to allow you to utilize people to further yourself. I know your father wouldn't either, and we aren't too far from Pherae.

vWRCHbA.png(Hmph. You win this one, old man... Sure would be a shame if your age caught up to you soon....)

E2bLSJI.png

Aaaand, since that was a very, very boring map, and the next one is probably the easiest in the game, so I'll get through that in this update as well.

LWQ4RSw.png7tfzabu.pngpmlmaQi.pngpCWWDEe.pngbSCw5A0.pnglgwvRQc.pnguyuardM.pngjlIBjdd.png

Zoinks, we'd best not go the-

hsXwbbB.pngq8LIuS9.png

...This is a bad idea. Wolt probably can't even OHKO Narcian yet!

Meanwhile, at Bern's Border...

zcLPBgx.png.. .. .. .... .. ..... .....

LS8v65v.pngIndeed it is. Lord Boyardee told us that we were to locate My Dude here, and yet... I see nothing but empty fields. Have we become lost yet again?

zcLPBgx.png.. ... ..... .... .... ........ ... ....?

LS8v65v.pngY-you think that they have departed for Bern? I suppose that it would make sense to strike at the enemy just as war is declared... We must make haste, my beloved! If we cannot locate them, perhaps Sir Glass could tell us if he had heard rumblings of My Dude's activity.

n8nY4VW.png

Geu85ZC.png

Heyyy, we know her!

PV4Wd5y.pngUui5qYf.png

Heyyy, we know the blue one! He's doing just as well as he was doing for the second half of FE7!

bVuoK9d.pnglc418lO.pngFvXVr2q.pngl4wI8zB.pngJOAACVR.png8OkRTvm.pngvA5V1eI.pngLlSfu0g.pngYy5mD4Y.png

Weren't we on the brink of conflict with 'em last time?

gS2Q1Rp.pngsnG5XUL.png

HDjGgJu.pngPnzMYKT.png

Have a nice time with the 80 avoid Nomadic Troopers.

AoLxRkN.pngN6nbXWK.pngwpY1pEE.png6CHg1No.png

Someone's JEALOUS!

RIvJLny.pngzMK2Y2F.pngGVoK2bI.pngRfb8ySo.png

18zbzxh.pngO581AYQ.pngSpVJFZW.png

What a healthy social interaction. It's a good thing that Brunnya's mind isn't controlled by how hot she thinks Zephiel is, right? Ha ha...

R1kN6Je.pngFdCQX0z.png

8kWIafD.png

QWDY1v4.pngkhiCYLF.png

But it could be trap! Hector might be working for Elen who might be working for Zephiel!

PxwgfCi.png

Today's second map! This one is incredibly easy. Almost every enemy is a soldier, and the reinforcements are very easily stopped. I do have to separate the group from Marcus in order to hit up the village at the top, but the soldiers are so weak that this shouldn't be a problem. This will also be an excellent map for Wade and Lot!

Now, our new recruit:

2EOSZpE.png

Chad has fantastic growth rates in everything except def and res, and even then, his defense growth is fairly respectable. He is held back lack of promotion for thieves in FE6, but he's probably worth training on Normal Mode. On Hard, however...

6QYam4z.png

Yeeaaah...

Alrighty, let's start!

7s7IU7f.png

Marcus is offscreen, at the top.

xAFSISP.png1f7xybn.png

Me when people say that axes are bad in FE6:

HgqCzUv.png

Another new unit!

CgtCFLt.png7tFtJJ2.pngTkAu8oB.pngK4eDfDP.pngcaQOc35.png

I'm afraid that safety is out of the question when I'm around. His odds for living aren't very high.

1CvAJOv.png28ldX0g.pngm9CH5Ee.png

I0k1Qrk.png

RIP

MyjGTba.png1oHqYCe.pngECX7c3n.png

rsrLXU6.pngAM6v2tc.png

BbU6vpm.pngzUfqZgD.png

There's just not much goin' on in terms of difficulty. I still have to be careful, because now two of our units get OHKO'd, but it's still very easy.

QRbRiTu.png9siAuNW.png

Axes good!

G5bX77G.png

Gah, you can't see his damage output here.

yv903kz.png

There we go!

vvOz11f.pngwOEr4QR.pngqh5MM7L.png

Lots of dodging.

XxpIKq4.png

Lugh has arrived!

Jj0Wn67.pngQlwq2L1.png

I can assure you that these soldiers were zapped easily. Shanna also managed to be helpful!

vWRCHbA.pngDeathreaper rapier! FEAST UPON MY FOES!

tMCcm6B.pngtDBucpK.png

Unecessary, but alright.

u1BeHqo.png7KgmUHT.png

Not bad!

rYifVSz.pngzlOemyk.pngfCuINqe.pngRLjRrRQ.pngKm4o6sZ.png

See you guys in the midgame, where we have units equipped to fight you!

3PG1ErR.pngdQXG5B0.png

Well, he's not wrong. She's certainly special.

xan710p.png

Erik said that?!

Erik, you are not only a prick and an idiot, but you are also a liar!

UIAjD1U.png

Okay, cav time!

DXYOAru.pnggsNfg7w.pnggsNfg7w.png

Wolt time?

L1TJ4pt.png

THE FE4 STRATS ARE WORKING

6J2VTLE.png

If Lugh gets hit here, I can rescue him away, if not, free exp for him!

chqcaK7.png

Nice.

27M7ZNL.pngeX8RAl0.pngHx9Yk6c.pngoc8dgo3.png

Just speed and HP, at least, please.

hUmUUY2.png

ERGH

t2PQsVe.pngiZmtyau.png

Elen level! Please be good! PLEASE TAKE AFTER HELEN AND NOT GLASS

iFNIC50.png

...She had a speed growth of 20% and a defense growth of 5%.

Yeah, that's a pretty dang amazing start!

BifSEQR.pngTRrmB5U.png

Blessed Bors!

kz8N9k3.png

...Blessed by Serra...

4idctSh.pngwkeEWLD.pnguYbU5ja.png

Thanks.

5DVnQQb.png

Base defense Bors!

2jMnPHB.png

We continue to very slowly crawl through the castle. Also, 75 hit with WTD.

foAB8ya.png52Bs6kD.png

This works better for us, though.

Ue8mWlV.png4IdFrSl.pngZYyTEeZ.png

Anticipation!

uMdt3Wd.png

Why are Wolt and Roy taking all of the good levels?! ELIMINE DAMNED WOLT AND ROY?!

wvmge6Z.pngNj8c5bl.pngv7JcL3c.png

Shanna being useful! I think I gave Bors too much exp, she's gonna struggle to get to 10 for chapter 8...

6rgjpc6.png

YEAAAAAHHH! THERE WE GOOO! Thank you so very much! I'm OK with your strength being terrible, since I can fix that fairly easily, but you need that speed.

zHMq7Ks.png

Axes good!

cPc41KQ.pngvRWSdiH.pngFqSWkmg.pngCUgh44Y.png

We do a little missing.

hbRG1sr.png

Lot, this will get you a level even if you miss.

4V0lk0A.pngCdIPg4u.png

Thank you... Please behave.

GOsfTKC.png

I WANTED TO USE YOU!

Well, looks like the competition for the Hero Crests has thinned a little. Now it's just Wade, Fir, Gonzales, Geese and Ogier who are contending!

goAQ5PA.pngY8k9G3q.pngdc2Pbhf.pngeHnjzwo.pngaBfGyF2.png0yOT0V6.pnghmoH4cz.pngdHucNuj.png

SHANNA

gVByYj9.png

Well, maybe Ward can do better.

hqo4dKD.pngXVhDL8r.png6TeO8yb.png

Nice! That point of speed is huge for him, since IIRC the Ch. 4 cavs won't be able to double him anymore!

XjbjPnH.pnggyJRoX1.png

Thank you.

t1Bj2zv.png

Almost at the boss, finally!

WRlyNys.pngDvMV74w.pngjKM2MBb.png

Nice.

kBX0WIj.png6zLABir.pngc10xpOk.png

Excellent.

3znAhxD.pngs68PnxV.png

Alrighty, Bors! Let's get back on track, please.

G6uO6zB.png

I can't truly complain about this level, and every point of speed counts...But man, you really need to start getting defense.

mpj5a1s.pngwcuYgep.pngOOBhOS8.png

Meanwhile, I bet Wolt's gonna take all of the good stats again.

K649qUc.png

Y'know, I won't complain, the extra hit is actually pretty nice.

0SkVuF6.png

Oh, I forgot to talk about Lugh.

Lugh's pretty decent. He's got very good offensive growths geared a little more towards speed than power, and bases that are just barely acceptable. He's more of the "fast" anime mage to Lilina's "power" anima mage. Although Lugh does veer more towards balance than sheer speed. I don't know if I'll use him long term, but enemies in FE6 have almost no res unless they're pegasi, dragons, or mages themselves, so he can do very well once he gets going, and if I can get him to promote early, he'll be very, very potent.

The only problem is that I get guiding ring in chapter 8, one in 14, then one in 18 of Ilia. And there are five magic units I want to use. I can also splurge on the rings in the Ch. 16 secret shop, I suppose...

eonImUB.png

We also have Slater to deal with next. He's a real pain.

bexezUo.png0Txndnn.pngdYVgFu7.png

I'll take out these knights to get the chests first, though.

hSOJ2NA.png

Time to grind more axe rank for Marcus!

vVmsfJM.pngPteTGNk.png

He'll marry you off to Clarine? I'm so sorry.

Many turns later...

7Hrq5OZ.pngt5TTm20.png

Yay, we did it! Now I can end this map.

q876O6X.png

Let's enjoy our new D rank, shall we?

ZhE3kRN.png7atWmkC.pngVXc25CH.png

And the last really easy map is now done!

7iNGhiY.png

T̹͍͚̳H҉̯̪͖A͔͇T̢͖̫'̢̩S̰͍̭ ͎̣͙̦͍̘W͏̣H̶̬̲E͏̹R̦͉͍E͓͈̹̦̤ ̶̭͖̼̗H̹̰͈͝E͉̭̮ ͕̪̝͍̤͚͠ͅB̟͓̪͢EL̮̖̼̟̥̠͟O̦̜͙̜͈N̲G̗̟̻̻͕̘Ș̛̯̤̗͚ ̵̖̬͕͉A̼̘͟F̖T͏̹EŔ̼̠ ͚̖͚̞͉̗͞M͕͖̝̰̭͙͡ͅA̯̥̪̘̞͕͢K̀I̩̝̞͉N͓̣G̞ ̪͓̲̹C͖̳̺̜͈̺̜O̖G͉̘̻̮ ͎Ò͍̭͈̮̖͔̞F͕͖́ ̵͇D̖̻̤̹͈̙E̛͈͓͖͇̰ST̤Ị͜N̢Y̹̣̗̭ ͍͙̰̰A͏͚S̨̱̘͇̦̪ ̵͔̻̯̖P̻͢A̵͍̦̗̦͍̰͕IN̲F͝U̴L̖̻̱͜ͅ ̶̯A͉̬̫̝͎͘S͚̼̤͝ ̯̥̮̦̘̜͉͠I̮̠͔T͇̟̝̙̞ ̙W҉̳̩͈̼A̸͚͓S̥̝̰

WQqaHV8.pngkexyBbk.png

Well, FE6 is known for its ambush spawns, so I can't blame ya.

s84hAW3.png27FcO3X.pngrHlKJv6.pngyvgn558.pngugoHRHp.pngn979bhN.pngkneeH8D.png

A weapon that is much better than it was 20 years ago, thankfully!

uTxUwUT.pngkKoykod.png

Lord knows I'll try...I need her for my fanfic subplots to work!

UK0HBEX.png

WZ8xTlP.png9ZezGF3.png

cGgsqSC.pngMy dear friend Hector... I promise that I will keep your bloodline alive. Lilina will survive.

Well then, that polishes off the easiest segment of the game. I apologize for being so brief in my descriptions for this update, but there really wasn't much going on, so I'm hoping a more intense chapter will help me find my groove! Plus, this update's late, so I wanted to put a bit extra on to compensate. 'Till next time, thank you so very much for reading. I really hope you enjoyed, and I hope even more that you stay excellent until the next update! Depending on what my schedule looks like next week, it'll either most likely be arriving on Friday or Tuesday.

Death count:

Reset count:

Merlinus retreats: 1

h99pFBl.pngWhat're you trying to accomplish, chef?

ZVoE4wM.jpgMe? I am simply doing my duty as the God of the protection of bad tacticians!

h99pFBl.pngPlease explain why you instructed Derricc and Priscilla to go to the border of Bern when you knew full well that My Dude had already departed for Araphen, then.

ZVoE4wM.jpgI did? Mamma mia, I sent them to the wrong spot! I do hope that my beloved acolytes have not strayed too far off the path yet! Please excuse me.

h99pFBl.pngYou're planning something, Chef...

NPOxqAa.jpgAren't we all planning something right now? You've put all your chips on the table early, it seems only natural for that to be a catalyst for our actions as well.

h99pFBl.pngOhohoho, I have many chips left to play! Just you see.

NPOxqAa.jpgBe warned that the path you are taking leads only to destruction. You are doing everything for yourself, and it will bring you to ruin.

h99pFBl.pngBold words for a cup noodle. I'm certain you've got little more than greed and MSG up your sleeve.

NPOxqAa.jpg...What a time, where not only are the mortals abandoning all that they love in order to fight, but the immortals are doing the same.

zcLPBgx.png..... ....... .... .. ..... ....., .. ....

LS8v65v.pngD-do I really look that different from the last time we saw My Dude?

zcLPBgx.png...

LS8v65v.pngOh dear. I hope he recognizes me. That would be an unfortunate complication for us all!

Spoiler
27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, didn't you somehow get him killed by the boss?

Yeah, that was really stupid. I cannot even remember how I did it, my brain must've short circuited something scary lol.

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

I can only dream of having units rivaling the comedic value of Marcus.

Inb4 blessed Jerrot to compensate for me ruining his life in every possible way.

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

8nRAhSE.jpg

Ahh, yes. The more years that pass, the more beautiful it is.

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

I love this solider. I shall name him Sid and feature him in a comedic subplot over the course of the LP! Nobody's ever done that before, right?

You can name him Seed so it's not as obvious

Don't forget to feature him in the following LP and give him a romantic subplot.

...And then kill him off with almost everyone else because I had way too many OCs and no idea what to do with them 1000 year time skip.

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

20% speed growth lady. Oof... I like her, but she's so difficult to make work. Here's hoping you manage.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

m8eT9Ey.png

Speaking of Elen, here she is! I forgot to take a picture of her at the start, so you get minor spoilers about her fate in this map

...Wait, oh my God, aren't those just her base stats? Jesus fucking Christ, empty level incoming...

...Oh wait, right. She starts at level 2. Oops.

theoretically, she could be a pretty decent Mage Jagen if I choose to earlypromote her.

Hahahahahahah

Early-promoting in FE6

The game where half the army promotes in chapter 16 because there's like no promo items.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

LqwQnQw.png

Welp, simply because I don't want to keep typing "Alen" instead of "Allen", "Alan" or "Allan", I will not be using Alen, and will instead relegate the role of "Village finder" to him.

I always claim I lost every rider and swordsman in FE6, but constantly forget this clown was still alive. I just hadn't used him since like, chapter 4 lol.

40 minutes ago, Benice said:

7G7Aw2H.png

I forgot to take a picture of Ward, but he's pretty bad.

Wait, Ward? Oh, right, you're probably using the new patch, aren't you.

In any case, this guy is certainly not endgame ready. Must be the lack of beard... But I won't be too hard on him. He and Lot were two of my MVPs in my run. May you be as fortunate with them as I.

oVVkt7h.png

Shanna is really, really good.

I'll never understand the hype for earlygame peggies. She's fucking atrocious. Her only use is rescuing. She deals no damage and dies in two hits. Yeah, rescuing is prety nice, but I'd rather have someone who can do that and fight. I fail to see how she can be any fun to use in any run that isn't max speed LTC.

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

lhYETav.png

Hey, not bad!

Go ahead, Wade. Become awesome and go to the endgame. Let's have a round 2 of Axe Bros Save The Run!

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

8O6xGBu.png

Bah. In my run he had a streak of like, 6 horrible levels after promoting. He still was invincible the entire way through. Have some faith in him.

43 minutes ago, Benice said:

DeR2itT.pngu4m8jZT.png

We fight Rude! Well, it's spelled "Ruud" now, but Rude is funnier.

Duud, that's insert obvious joke here

TWdlpQ8.png

Well, since I'm here, may as well grind Marcus' axe rank! He also gets a level that is much better than what is expected.

Yes.

It begins.

The Marcusing is back.

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

bDbH9sM.png

Speaking of things that begin and are back... Sigh...

45 minutes ago, Benice said:

the next one is probably the easiest in the game

That's a funny way to spell the final chapter.

LS8v65v.pngIndeed it is. Lord Boyardee told us that we were to locate My Dude here, and yet... I see nothing but empty fields. Have we become lost yet again?

LS8v65v.pngY-you think that they have departed for Bern? I suppose that it would make sense to strike at the enemy just as war is declared... We must make haste, my beloved! If we cannot locate them, perhaps Sir Glass could tell us if he had heard rumblings of My Dude's activity.

Eyyy, Derricc is back! Or is he? Could be a different person. Hard to tell under the helm.

Also, you sure are getting a lot mileage out of that portrait that I made for you. You should be thankful to me. I am very gracious and generous in giving you this portrait. I am strong and wise. I am very proud of me. I have become a far better jedi than you could ever hope to be--

47 minutes ago, Benice said:

Weren't we on the brink of conflict with 'em last time?

It's best to consider FE7 a non-canon fanfic. Saves a lot of headaches.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

But it could be trap! Hector might be working for Elen who might be working for Zephiel!

0kqt9qod oMilord, I am a trap too! Beware of me!

vWRCHbA.png...take a break, Merlinus.

0kqt9qod oA break? That just gives the enemy a golden opportunity to set up another trap! I shall never rest in my pursuit of traps!

vWRCHbA.png...Why did we bring this guy along, again?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

His odds for living aren't very high.

Well, at the very least, his chances of being treated as poorly as in my LP are low... Sheesh, I just went ballistic on the kid for no good reason.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

XxpIKq4.png

Lugh has arrived!

You forgot to show his stats and comment on his performance.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I see the spirit of Sasha has possesed Roy in this run... Where's the royal historian when you need him?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

iFNIC50.png

Pffffffft... Well. Now let's just hope she can keep it up.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I WANTED TO USE YOU!

It's two levels, Benice. Giving up on someone after two levels is dumb.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

6TeO8yb.png

Nice! That point of speed is huge for him, since IIRC the Ch. 4 cavs won't be able to double him anymore!

Showing up your pal a little there, aren't you?

...Never mind the fact that he's still worse in every aspect except strength.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

G6uO6zB.png

I can't truly complain about this level, and every point of speed counts...But man, you really need to start getting defense.

Pfft. Who needs defense when you can be an armored dodgetank!?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

0SkVuF6.png

Lugh's pretty decent. He's got very good offensive growths geared a little more towards speed than power, and bases that are just barely acceptable. He's more of the "fast" anime mage to Lilina's "power" anima mage. Although Lugh does veer more towards balance than sheer speed. I don't know if I'll use him long term, but enemies in FE6 have almost no res unless they're pegasi, dragons, or mages themselves, so he can do very well once he gets going, and if I can get him to promote early, he'll be very, very potent.

The only problem is that I get guiding ring in chapter 8, one in 14, then one in 18 of Ilia. And there are five magic units I want to use. I can also splurge on the rings in the Ch. 16 secret shop, I suppose...

Ah, there we go.

Yeah, promotions in this game are generally awfully paced, but mages got hit the hardest. It's the worst part of the game for me. Promoting people in this game is just... oh, so insufferable.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Killing the boss with Marcus? Interesting maneuver.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

ZVoE4wM.jpgMe? I am simply doing my duty as the God of the protection of bad tacticians!

h99pFBl.pngPlease explain why you instructed Derricc and Priscilla to go to the border of Bern when you knew full well that My Dude had already departed for Araphen, then.

ZVoE4wM.jpgI did? Mamma mia, I sent them to the wrong spot! I do hope that my beloved acolytes have not strayed too far off the path yet! Please excuse me.

h99pFBl.pngYou're planning something, Chef...

I sense a plot twist.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

zcLPBgx.png...

LS8v65v.pngOh dear. I hope he recognizes me. That would be an unfortunate complication for us all!

I mean, I myself didn't recognize you, so...

Spoiler
On 8/13/2021 at 12:49 PM, Benice said:

Eurgh...

It proves that Wil is so bad that even his son outperforms him, though.

MY EYES

TIw9BY7.pngfJYraJ9.png

As a person who didn't read it through yet, she time travelled?

m8eT9Ey.png

Speaking of Elen, here she is! I forgot to take a picture of her at the start, so you get minor spoilers about her fate in this map. She's our first healer and our only one for a whole two and a half maps. She's pretty important, but anything else with a staff is better than her.  Her base speed is quite good but is marred by a terrible 20% growth, her magic has a great 50% growth but is marred by a horrid 1 base, and she has no defense at all! She does have really good resistance, though, and theoretically, she could be a pretty decent Mage Jagen if I choose to earlypromote her.

Despite the fact that she's a filler unit, I want to use her because she's Glass' kid! Since she's the only bad combat mage unit I have until Sophia, I intend to give her lots of bias stat boosters.

Alright, there we are with the explanation. For a unit I once though didn't suck until I realised how poor she was in game.

Ah well.

(Watch the twist be she actually isn't Glass's kid)

7G7Aw2H.png

I forgot to take a picture of Ward, but he's pretty bad. Typical fighter, featuring nothing but Strength and HP, although he has a high skill growth to compensate for his bad base. He's really slow, so dangerous enemies can potentially kill him easily, but if you ignore the better options for the Hero Crests, he can work pretty well due to the fantastic promotion bonuses in this game. Still, I consider axes to be a huge asset in FE6, and I do intend to use him!

So Ward's in your sights.

Alright.

qk6cx5z.png

Lot is a unit I genuinely consider to be pretty good. Decent growths across the board and solid bases in strength, speed and HP, he also features the highest def growth in the game at 40%, meaning that between his great HP, Warrior promo bonuses and his growths, he becomes very formidable. He's phenomenal in Ilia due to all of the pegasi, and can use bows upon promotion for good chipping and, later on, potential to deal tons of damage to wyverns. I quite like him, and I would like to use him? His support with Wade comes up clutch for me pretty frequently.

His growths are just low enough to screw him over or make him insane.

Lot's a bit of a gamble honestly, but 40% Def is nice.

cOPHvIi.png

Dieck (Deke?) is pretty darn good. Great bases, good growths, good class, good starting level. He's not as good as another sword unit we get soon, but he's a pretty good candidate for the first hero crest due to his tankiness.

It's that guy.

Rutger overrated, Deke activated

oVVkt7h.png

Shanna is really, really good. Her only good stats are her skill, speed and luck as well as passable resistance, but because of her class, she is absolutely amazing in the Western isles if you can get her to level 10. I intend to use her because of how good she can become fairly quickly. Plus, if you can get her to A lances, she does very well with a silver lance in the earlygame.

Shanna's a funny one to me. Low Str is worrisome, but she's got a ton of Spd that's for sure.

whf0GXh.png

Y'know what, I will take this. More hit, and the extra defense is nice.

Very ungodlike of him.

The face he got 3 stats is somewhat surprising.

lhYETav.png

Hey, not bad!

Ward trying to get on the team

xzbjSha.png

Yeah, these stats don't hurt.

gNPfkhX.png

Excellent level! Shame about the fact that you're getting benched.

Lance shouldn't be dropped with this kind of level!

3OeQy8c.png

Shanna just heard me I guess.

Oho, Roy level! Prepare to mock hi-

jI4y9Ce.png

Smoy.png.fe54276c1556920691c24483aee700f9.pngMy sword burns with an awesome power!

Lot, show the haters what you can do!

8O6xGBu.png

This is a blip right?

Oy.

Rude.

RUDE.

F0ji0qu.pngNo sire.

Dangit Derrick, longer sentences aren't easy to translate!

18zbzxh.pngO581AYQ.pngSpVJFZW.png

What a healthy social interaction. It's a good thing that Brunnya's mind isn't controlled by how hot she thinks Zephiel is, right? Ha ha...

Wow, Zephiel such a good villain and boss.

Can't wait to see how impressive he gets.

Yay.

u1BeHqo.png7KgmUHT.png

Not bad!

Roy getting good stats in every level would be very helpful that's for sure.

L1TJ4pt.png

Woahlt.

hUmUUY2.png

ERGH

Wall that's an ouch.

iFNIC50.png

I'll take the Spd, but a lack of Mag is a worry.

uMdt3Wd.png

Why are Wolt and Roy taking all of the good levels?! ELIMINE DAMNED WOLT AND ROY?!

Lugh walks so Elen can fly?

6rgjpc6.png

YEAAAAAHHH! THERE WE GOOO! Thank you so very much! I'm OK with your strength being terrible, since I can fix that fairly easily, but you need that speed.

SHANAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAA, AAA, AAA AAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa

oh

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

GOsfTKC.png

Pain: A Lot.

6TeO8yb.png

Ward is stealing from Lot. I just know it.

G6uO6zB.png

Spd does help him not get doubled, but base Def isn't fun.

0SkVuF6.png

Splurging on secret shops seems to be the way forward.

uTxUwUT.pngkKoykod.png

Lord knows I'll try...I need her for my fanfic subplots to work!

Lilina isn't a game over for this LP then?

zcLPBgx.png...

At least I get the last one.

It was nice to see the notification.

Edited by Dayni

On 8/6/2021 at 5:25 AM, ping said:

Asides from Marcus, Rutger, Melady, Shanna, Percival. Yeah.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:24 PM, Benice said:

Hugh.

Also Bors. Bonus points if you train all four generals, and bring them all to the final map, and keep them all alive, like I did in a FE6 ironman. This is probably my favorite FE game, and I've done crazy things with it. Right now I'm doing a no promotions, and no prepromotes hard mode.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, Benice said:

I shall wait a little longer before beating you to death for this horrendity of a pun.

Here we go! FE6 has a lot less plot, so-

however, the plot actually somewhat holds up under analysis, and has a fairly enjoyable story.

Bors is absolutely horrid. His growths are all close to acceptable by FE6's standards, with 40% speed growth, 30% str, 90% hp and 35% def, but his skill is really low, he's a knight, his bases are bad, and the volume of axes in the earlygame makes training him really hard. He can't really tank much more than anyone else at this point despite his high defense, since some enemies can double him. Still, I do intend to use him! He might be really helpful in chapter 7, and having a good tank might come up clutch in chapter 4, which are both chapters I'm very scared of in the earlygame. And we all know everyone's going to die, so having a high def character might be helpful.

Bors is the best armor knight in the game, after all. I've used Bors before in ironmans, and while training him can be a little hard, a trained Balls can actually help out quite a bit in chokepoint chapters like 4, (especially if you don't do the Marcus Halberd strat), and on 7, he can do quite a bit of work as well. If you do train him, and he gets good, he benefits quite a bit from the first knights crest, for that speed boost and also the ability to tie in weapon triangle instead of wtd against the western isles. he's probably still like a 5/10 unit at the most, tho.

Lance is pretty danged good. The Cavalier class line is really strong in FE6, Lance has great constitution, good speed, growths where you want 'em, and access to swords in the earlygame. He can promote in chapter 7, (I think, it might be eight) which makes him incredibly strong for a long while, even if he might fall off in the lategame. Plus, he can support Alan. His only real competition for that first Knight's Crest is Alan, and both are useful enough before then, especially once their growths kick in. I don't plan on using Lance, not only because I prefer other cavs, but also because I don't expect him to survive until chapter 7.

Allance, two of the strongest units in the game. I prefer Lance over Allen in HM, cause Lance is more likely to double, and doubling with killers is very nice, and makes up for a lack in strength. You will want to give him his Allance support however, cause otherwise he tends to have a few low percent crit issues. 9/10 unit, probably the fifth best unit in the game.

uRUYCWS.png

Literally lance with more strength and less speed and skill. He's arguably better because despite his speed being lower, he's still fast enough to double if he promotes in chapter 7/8 and has slight leads in defense and HP. Much like Lance, I don't intend to use him much.

Other good unit. Fun fact, he curses in an old translation patch.

r7JNKR6.pngOhmABCv.png

I would make the argument that Marcus is the best unit in the entire game. His growths barely exist, and unless you're Ruben, he won't be good for very long, but he is so unbelievably useful until chapter 11 or so, and if he gets lucky with any levels, he extends his usefulness by a chapter or two. I really need him to be alive for chapter 7, so I really hope I don't lose him in chapter 4. I also usually like to grind his axe rank up to D, but we'll talk about that when I get to the point where that becomes relevant.

Grinding his axe rank is a dummy good strat. FE6 gives you a lot of nice earlygame axes, with the halberd cheesing chapter four, killer axe being nice in quite a few places, and brave axe from geese can stave off his falling off for quite a bit. He is not quite the best unit in the game, I think Melady's better, but I do think Marcus beats out the other two units I consider S tier, making him second best unit.

Roy is even worse than Bors until endgame. His bases are low but acceptable, his growths are fine but don't compensate for the bases, his class is bad, and he doesn't promote until 21x, about 27 maps away. He can barely even damage armor knights with the rapier...

actually, Earlygame Roy is quite nice. He can contribute in chapter four and seven with rapier chip, and he has wta against almost all earlygame enemies. You can use the western isles to train him up, and then not worry about him. I like to dump the chapter four angelic robe on him if you aren't using Shanna, and he is fairly tanky with it, taking 3-4 hits if he's being trained.

zFf2xF3.png

Wolt is only useful because he can chip from a distance in the earlygame. His growths are fine, but it takes a lot of levels to get him to being good.

Wolt's chip falls off after chapter three, because after that he does like two damage.

JKhFEak.png

Lance, I can see that we're going to have problems with each other.

if you don't grind a few RNs at the start, there will be a lot of low percentage hits. FE6 do be like that.

mYYwGaJ.png3LQjzHW.png

it varies on the patch. Allen, Alan, Alen, Allan. This is with other characters too. Tate, Thito. Ray, Raigh. Jerrot, Zealot. Balls, Bors. Translation patches are something.

1zrbBpi.png

that means he gets doubled a significant less in the earlygame.

Anyways, good luck with this LP. FE6 can be pretty fun to ironman, as a bad unit will inevitably be good (looks at Ellen with almost capped magic and speed), and also the game gives you enough bodies to throw at the enemy to get you through. Good luck, and may the memery ever be with you.

Spoiler

fire-emblem-sealed-sword_60.png

If you can beat this level of memery, I will applaud you. This is a vanilla FE6 screenshot in an ironman.

Edited by Hello72207

Spoiler
On 8/13/2021 at 4:49 AM, Benice said:

Following in the footsteps of a saint...

m8eT9Ey.png

Kinda reminds me of that Wrys fellow, but female...

Filler unit? I thought she was a mainstay for your team...

aMWpaUu.png

I forgot to take screenshots of my formation for turn 1, but here it is now!

Didn't do the classic rescue drop onto fort turn 1 strat then.

MkusTFF.png

...Is this the LP of inopportune screenshots? I had a ton of Flashbangs in the previous update, now the x2 is blocking the Mt? GAH!

Wait a minute...these images are our of order! This takes place before that end of turn 1 image

qk6cx5z.png

Ah Lot, a fan favorite thanks to that wild defense growth. That reminds me, I never did finish the FE6 masochist draft in which I had Lot...

jyCmqYm.png

I also tried to make good on my promise to level Merlinus up, but it's not going well.

Add one to the dead Merlinus count.

xzbjSha.png

Good, train Bors into this run's hero

VMQV8yI.png

Speed, HP, defense or strength, please...

3OeQy8c.png

That is a good start...I guess we are going to Illia (until the death of Zelot forces your hands...)

jI4y9Ce.png

An ominous boost for our power hungry boy.

8O6xGBu.png

Oof, poor Lot...things are not going well for him.

Oy.

The problem with the hammer in this game...

00n4CFq.pnggFixxsR.pngTWdlpQ8.png

...Stronger Marcus...That is a good sign for his future.

vWRCHbA.pngBy my twilight blade, be felled, you vile beast!

DgwO4ye.pngAF9rE0T.png

Thank you.

Roy is such a Weeby nerd...

And they said Kaga didn't work on this game! We've already got an imprisoned female!

Its just more evidence that they were sticking close to FE1's script...

vWRCHbA.pngThis is the perfect time to ransom Guinevere to Bern! I can become very mighty! Alternatively, a political wedding could get us on Bern's side so we can crush Etr-

F0ji0qu.pngI may not be your father, but I refuse to allow you to utilize people to further yourself. I know your father wouldn't either, and we aren't too far from Pherae.

vWRCHbA.png(Hmph. You win this one, old man... Sure would be a shame if your age caught up to you soon....)

Our boy is such a brat too... hopefully you keep Marcus alive long enough to keep him in check.

Aaaand, since that was a very, very boring map, and the next one is probably the easiest in the game, so I'll get through that in this update as well.

Oh wow, a double feature!

Ah of course, Derrick and a recolored (but apparantly the same) Ursula. It will be weird when she runs into her son...

AoLxRkN.pngN6nbXWK.pngwpY1pEE.png6CHg1No.png

Someone's JEALOUS!

...that shouldn't fit as well as it does even in the origional...although with Benice Lore, she is definitely Jelly.

Don't be taking Merlinus's lines!

xAFSISP.png1f7xybn.png

Me when people say that axes are bad in FE6:

I guess you just proved the problem is with the axe wielders, not the axes. RIP Lot's future even more.

CgtCFLt.png7tFtJJ2.pngTkAu8oB.pngK4eDfDP.pngcaQOc35.png

I'm afraid that safety is out of the question when I'm around. His odds for living aren't very high.

Darn, I was hoping we would see Raven and Lucius again here given their Benice Lore canon ending.

tMCcm6B.pngtDBucpK.png

Unecessary, but alright.

u1BeHqo.png7KgmUHT.png

Not bad!

Such a weeby nerd...but Roy is definitely my boy...

L1TJ4pt.png

iFNIC50.png

Shame she missed that magic growth rate... what a weird Elen this will be.

uMdt3Wd.png

Meh, you are benching him for Lilina anyway. Plus a good Wolt and Roy is much funnier.

6rgjpc6.png

Plus your Shanna is doing excellent, so its not just the meme characters.

GOsfTKC.png

[clip]

I WANTED TO USE YOU!

...Poor Lot...I guess it simply wasn't meant to be...

G6uO6zB.png

Yes, grow stronger Bors, and become the hero of this team !

q876O6X.png

Let's enjoy our new D rank, shall we?

I guess the power of Marcus can overcome even the miserable accuracy of even the FE6 Hammer

7iNGhiY.png

T̹͍͚̳H҉̯̪͖A͔͇T̢͖̫'̢̩S̰͍̭ ͎̣͙̦͍̘W͏̣H̶̬̲E͏̹R̦͉͍E͓͈̹̦̤ ̶̭͖̼̗H̹̰͈͝E͉̭̮ ͕̪̝͍̤͚͠ͅB̟͓̪͢EL̮̖̼̟̥̠͟O̦̜͙̜͈N̲G̗̟̻̻͕̘Ș̛̯̤̗͚ ̵̖̬͕͉A̼̘͟F̖T͏̹EŔ̼̠ ͚̖͚̞͉̗͞M͕͖̝̰̭͙͡ͅA̯̥̪̘̞͕͢K̀I̩̝̞͉N͓̣G̞ ̪͓̲̹C͖̳̺̜͈̺̜O̖G͉̘̻̮ ͎Ò͍̭͈̮̖͔̞F͕͖́ ̵͇D̖̻̤̹͈̙E̛͈͓͖͇̰ST̤Ị͜N̢Y̹̣̗̭ ͍͙̰̰A͏͚S̨̱̘͇̦̪ ̵͔̻̯̖P̻͢A̵͍̦̗̦͍̰͕IN̲F͝U̴L̖̻̱͜ͅ ̶̯A͉̬̫̝͎͘S͚̼̤͝ ̯̥̮̦̘̜͉͠I̮̠͔T͇̟̝̙̞ ̙W҉̳̩͈̼A̸͚͓S̥̝̰

Well then, that polishes off the easiest segment of the game. I apologize for being so brief in my descriptions for this update, but there really wasn't much going on, so I'm hoping a more intense chapter will help me find my groove! Plus, this update's late, so I wanted to put a bit extra on to compensate. 'Till next time, thank you so very much for reading. I really hope you enjoyed, and I hope even more that you stay excellent until the next update! Depending on what my schedule looks like next week, it'll either most likely be arriving on Friday or Tuesday.

I remember my optimistic ideas about keeping to a consistent schedule with my LPs...I should probably start working on my next update...

NPOxqAa.jpgAren't we all planning something right now? You've put all your chips on the table early, it seems only natural for that to be a catalyst for our actions as well.

Can't wait to see who Cup of Noodle adds to this story.

zcLPBgx.png...

... .... ... ... ........ ... ...... . ... ....

• 3 weeks later...

My Dude Chronicles, part 2, Chapter 3: Congratulations, you're being rescued.

Please:

Spoiler
On 8/13/2021 at 6:20 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, that was really stupid. I cannot even remember how I did it, my brain must've short circuited something scary lol.

I wish knights could use axes in FE6, it'd have made Bors survive that chapter of your LP.

Inb4 blessed Jerrot to compensate for me ruining his life in every possible way.

I hope not, I'd rather avoid using him since he's a Gaiden condition... We'll see, I don't think I'll end up having choice about which units I'll use.

Ahh, yes. The more years that pass, the more beautiful it is.

Looking no "Wrys" for wear after all this time!

You can name him Seed so it's not as obvious

Syd the Soldyr.

Don't forget to feature him in the following LP and give him a romantic subplot.

Naturally.

...And then kill him off with almost everyone else because I had way too many OCs and no idea what to do with them 1000 year time skip.

I'll just let him get a pension plan...

20% speed growth lady. Oof... I like her, but she's so difficult to make work. Here's hoping you manage.

I have no doubt that I will!

...Wait, oh my God, aren't those just her base stats? Jesus fucking Christ, empty level incoming...

...Oh wait, right. She starts at level 2. Oops.

Which is technically a good thing, I suppose...Gets her a little closer to promotion.

Hahahahahahah

Early-promoting in FE6

The game where half the army promotes in chapter 16 because there's like no promo items.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Well, I think the meta play is early-promoting Rutger and Lance and letting them solo overything.

I always claim I lost every rider and swordsman in FE6, but constantly forget this clown was still alive. I just hadn't used him since like, chapter 4 lol.

How could you forget Alan? He has one whole line of dialogue in the story!

Wait, Ward? Oh, right, you're probably using the new patch, aren't you.

Aye!

In any case, this guy is certainly not endgame ready. Must be the lack of beard... But I won't be too hard on him. He and Lot were two of my MVPs in my run. May you be as fortunate with them as I.

Axes are so valuable in the lategame, I hope I can get a few users of them there.

I'll never understand the hype for earlygame peggies. She's fucking atrocious. Her only use is rescuing. She deals no damage and dies in two hits. Yeah, rescuing is prety nice, but I'd rather have someone who can do that and fight. I fail to see how she can be any fun to use in any run that isn't max speed LTC.

Shanna's really interesting in that she's useful for a very specific part of the run, but if you bother to train her, she ends up being the MVP for about a 1/3rd or so of the game. With a few levels, her speed lets her deal enough damage via stronger equipment, she makes very good use of the Angelic robe as well, and between her access to swords, movement and speed, she is unreal on the Western Isles.

Go ahead, Wade. Become awesome and go to the endgame. Let's have a round 2 of Axe Bros Save The Run!

Geese will also be very good.

Bah. In my run he had a streak of like, 6 horrible levels after promoting. He still was invincible the entire way through. Have some faith in him.

BUT HE HAS TO SURVIVE TO GET THAT FAR

Duud, that's insert obvious joke here

That's a muud.

Yes.

It begins.

The Marcusing is back.

Now he just needs some speed and he's set!

Speaking of things that begin and are back... Sigh...

Hopefully he'll survive more often in this game.

That's a funny way to spell the final chapter.

Okay, that one barely counts.

Eyyy, Derricc is back! Or is he? Could be a different person. Hard to tell under the helm.

It's actually Chef Boyardee?!

Also, you sure are getting a lot mileage out of that portrait that I made for you. You should be thankful to me. I am very gracious and generous in giving you this portrait. I am strong and wise. I am very proud of me. I have become a far better jedi than you could ever hope to be--

Yes, Saint Narcianio

It's best to consider FE7 a non-canon fanfic. Saves a lot of headaches.

Valid.

0kqt9qod oMilord, I am a trap too! Beware of me!

vWRCHbA.png...take a break, Merlinus.

0kqt9qod oA break? That just gives the enemy a golden opportunity to set up another trap! I shall never rest in my pursuit of traps!

vWRCHbA.png...Why did we bring this guy along, again?

At least he's helpful for me as a unit, since I'm bad at preparing.

Well, at the very least, his chances of being treated as poorly as in my LP are low... Sheesh, I just went ballistic on the kid for no good reason.

He's really nice to have for some of the earlier bosses, especially the Ch.5 one, and if he does well, I could use him as a Sage to help with Henning.

You forgot to show his stats and comment on his performance.

Nice.

I see the spirit of Sasha has possesed Roy in this run... Where's the royal historian when you need him?

I need no royal historian when I have the first three letters in his name!

Pffffffft... Well. Now let's just hope she can keep it up.

I have no doubt!

That she can't and will die horribly in a future map.

It's two levels, Benice. Giving up on someone after two levels is dumb.

S-says the one who lost Bors in chapter 3!

Showing up your pal a little there, aren't you?

He's Warding away death and bad luck alike with these levels.

...Never mind the fact that he's still worse in every aspect except strength.

He's doing his best.

Pfft. Who needs defense when you can be an armored dodgetank!?

Bors.

Ah, there we go.

Timing is on-point.

Yeah, promotions in this game are generally awfully paced, but mages got hit the hardest. It's the worst part of the game for me. Promoting people in this game is just... oh, so insufferable.

At least you appreciate it when you get there...

Killing the boss with Marcus? Interesting maneuver.

Eh, he had the best hitrate.

I sense a plot twist.

Or am I just Spaghetteasing you?

I mean, I myself didn't recognize you, so...

Yeah, coulda chosen a better post-timeskip Priscilla...

On 8/13/2021 at 11:32 AM, Dayni said:
  Hide contents

MY EYES

You are very welcome.

As a person who didn't read it through yet, she time travelled?

Not quite.

Alright, there we are with the explanation. For a unit I once though didn't suck until I realised how poor she was in game.

Yeah...I don't know why they gave her such a squalid speed growth when she's not exactly top-tier regardless.

Ah well.

Indeed, for we can use her anyways!

(Watch the twist be she actually isn't Glass's kid)

Nah, it's canon at this point.

So Ward's in your sights.

Alright.

I'm not fully committed to him, since I've got a load of hero crest users I like...

His growths are just low enough to screw him over or make him insane.

Lot's a bit of a gamble honestly, but 40% Def is nice.

I could really use a good, tanky axe user! They're extremely potent from chapter 14 onwards, essentially.

It's that guy.

DIC

Rutger overrated, Deke activated

To be fair, Rutger does have, like, 2% chance to die against everything due to crits.

Shanna's a funny one to me. Low Str is worrisome, but she's got a ton of Spd that's for sure.

Well, for the point of the game that she's useful for

Very ungodlike of him.

Well, an archer who can't hit isn't very helpful...

The face he got 3 stats is somewhat surprising.

True, given that it's Wolt.

Ward trying to get on the team

Yeah, these stats don't hurt.

Well, they do hurt quite a lot! Just, for the enemy rather than for me, which is good.

Lance shouldn't be dropped with this kind of level!

Truly a shame that one could expect greatness from him. I think I'll get him to level 10 or so, but not promote him.

Shanna just heard me I guess.

I hope Shanna will be able to carry.

Smoy.png.fe54276c1556920691c24483aee700f9.pngMy sword burns with an awesome power!

OH LORD NOT SMOY

This is a blip right?

I hope so.

Rude.

RUDE.

He should have been called "Boorish"

F0ji0qu.pngNo sire.

When you ask Marcus to be average.

Dangit Derrick, longer sentences aren't easy to translate!

Oh yeah, I forgot that you did that.

...You're gonna suffer, I am very sorry.

Wow, Zephiel such a good villain and boss.

Can't wait to see how impressive he gets.

He will surpass Nergal, maybe.

Yay.

Roy getting good stats in every level would be very helpful that's for sure.

He only gets 19 for most of the game, so every level counts a lot.

Woahlt.

He'll need to keep this up for a long time if he wants to live.

Wall that's an ouch.

No res for the wicked.

...So I guess Shanna's not wicked?

I'll take the Spd, but a lack of Mag is a worry.

Eh, with 50% I'm not too worried about her ability to catch up with it.

Lugh walks so Elen can fly?

BAD DEAL

SHANAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAA, AAA, AAA AAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa

oh

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pain: A Lot.

I haven't won the Lot Lottery.

Ward is stealing from Lot. I just know it.

He needs a lock and key to Ward him away from his stats!

Spd does help him not get doubled, but base Def isn't fun.

'Specialy since he'll still get doubled in the coming chapters without speedwings...

Splurging on secret shops seems to be the way forward.

I'm not very good at budgeting.

Lilina isn't a game over for this LP then?

Only in chapter 8, after that she's fair game.

At least I get the last one.

Nice.

It was nice to see the notification.

Thanks!

On 8/14/2021 at 7:20 PM, Hello72207 said:

Asides from Marcus, Rutger, Melady, Shanna, Percival. Yeah.

Eh, Marcus and Shanna are good but balanced.

Hugh.

Okie! He'll probably be the only mage alive that point anyways.

Also Bors. Bonus points if you train all four generals, and bring them all to the final map, and keep them all alive, like I did in a FE6 ironman. This is probably my favorite FE game, and I've done crazy things with it. Right now I'm doing a no promotions, and no prepromotes hard mode.

Sheesh, no promoted units? I don't even know if it'll be possible, since nobody except for Roy will be able to use S-rank weapons to accomodate for their worse stats...

I shall wait a little longer before beating you to death for this horrendity of a pun.

Please do, my whole army is still alive.

however, the plot actually somewhat holds up under analysis, and has a fairly enjoyable story.

Or you could just play FE1, 3 or 11

Bors is the best armor knight in the game, after all.

Eeeehhh...Douglas is reasonably functional without investment, whereas there are a lot of reasons not to use Bors when comparing him to other users of the Knight's Crest, even if you include Barthe, since Bors does need to be blessed to be better than him at equivalent level, which means that there isn't that much incentive to train him meaningfully. Plus, Bors won't be doubling much 'till approximately 30 levels in, so his speed lead over Barthe isn't that meaningful.

...Either way, both are pretty awful.

I've used Bors before in ironmans, and while training him can be a little hard, a trained Balls can actually help out quite a bit in chokepoint chapters like 4, (especially if you don't do the Marcus Halberd strat), and on 7, he can do quite a bit of work as well. If you do train him, and he gets good, he benefits quite a bit from the first knights crest, for that speed boost and also the ability to tie in weapon triangle instead of wtd against the western isles. he's probably still like a 5/10 unit at the most, tho.

It depends on if you view him as a unit in a vacuum or in comparison to other units, I suppose.

Allance, two of the strongest units in the game. I prefer Lance over Allen in HM, cause Lance is more likely to double, and doubling with killers is very nice, and makes up for a lack in strength. You will want to give him his Allance support however, cause otherwise he tends to have a few low percent crit issues. 9/10 unit, probably the fifth best unit in the game.

I love how they're almost exactly the same unit.

Other good unit. Fun fact, he curses in an old translation patch.

Nice.

Grinding his axe rank is a dummy good strat. FE6 gives you a lot of nice earlygame axes, with the halberd cheesing chapter four, killer axe being nice in quite a few places, and brave axe from geese can stave off his falling off for quite a bit. He is not quite the best unit in the game, I think Melady's better, but I do think Marcus beats out the other two units I consider S tier, making him second best unit.

Well, I feel like it's easier to beat the game without Melady than it is without Marcus, since there are a ton of good fliers around when Melady joins, while Marcus is mostly irreplaceable for the first bit.

actually, Earlygame Roy is quite nice. He can contribute in chapter four and seven with rapier chip, and he has wta against almost all earlygame enemies. You can use the western isles to train him up, and then not worry about him. I like to dump the chapter four angelic robe on him if you aren't using Shanna, and he is fairly tanky with it, taking 3-4 hits if he's being trained.

I think the Angleic Robe will be goin' to Elen, or potentially Lugh if he pulls himself together.

Wolt's chip falls off after chapter three, because after that he does like two damage.

Nonsense, this Wolt will last until engame!

if you don't grind a few RNs at the start, there will be a lot of low percentage hits. FE6 do be like that.

Excellent...

it varies on the patch. Allen, Alan, Alen, Allan. This is with other characters too. Tate, Thito. Ray, Raigh. Jerrot, Zealot. Balls, Bors. Translation patches are something.

Thito? THITO?!

I am very glad that we ditched that one.

that means he gets doubled a significant less in the earlygame.

Hooray.

Anyways, good luck with this LP. FE6 can be pretty fun to ironman, as a bad unit will inevitably be good (looks at Ellen with almost capped magic and speed), and also the game gives you enough bodies to throw at the enemy to get you through. Good luck, and may the memery ever be with you.

Thanks! I hope to at least match last LP in terms of how good it gets at some points.

Hide contents

fire-emblem-sealed-sword_60.png

If you can beat this level of memery, I will applaud you. This is a vanilla FE6 screenshot in an ironman.

Would Roy with an Iron Sword count?

On 8/18/2021 at 2:35 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hide contents

Following in the footsteps of a saint...

The one thing I am afraid of for this LP is failing to kill off as many units as Ruben did.

Kinda reminds me of that Wrys fellow, but female...

Especially since we'll be very glad if we take her along.

Filler unit? I thought she was a mainstay for your team...

Well, filler unit for most people.

Didn't do the classic rescue drop onto fort turn 1 strat then.

That wouldn't let me train Bors!

Wait a minute...these images are our of order! This takes place before that end of turn 1 image

...Oh yeah.

Ah Lot, a fan favorite thanks to that wild defense growth. That reminds me, I never did finish the FE6 masochist draft in which I had Lot...

F

I've only ever finished one draft, but I've tried to do three of 'em.

Add one to the dead Merlinus count.

First of many!

Good, train Bors into this run's hero

At least he'll match Roy's movement for most of the run if he survives to promote.

That is a good start...I guess we are going to Illia (until the death of Zelot forces your hands...)

I hope to do both routes via save-states

An ominous boost for our power hungry boy.

At least I benefit from that!

Oof, poor Lot...things are not going well for him.

HP

The problem with the hammer in this game...

The 45 hit won't be a problem with 30/30 skill/luck...

...Stronger Marcus...That is a good sign for his future.

Indeed it is! Just a little speed, and he'll be ready for anything.

Roy is such a Weeby nerd...

Units I don't like always do well, so if I make myself dislike Roy...

Its just more evidence that they were sticking close to FE1's script...

Yup.

Our boy is such a brat too... hopefully you keep Marcus alive long enough to keep him in check.

I hope so as well.

Oh wow, a double feature!

Well, nothing happened in either chapter...

Ah of course, Derrick and a recolored (but apparantly the same) Ursula. It will be weird when she runs into her son...

That's supposed to be Priscilla...

...that shouldn't fit as well as it does even in the origional...although with Benice Lore, she is definitely Jelly.

Berfection.

Don't be taking Merlinus's lines!

I do what I want!

I guess you just proved the problem is with the axe wielders, not the axes. RIP Lot's future even more.

Axes are fine, and I'd even consider 'em to be better than lances! The only problem is that most

Darn, I was hoping we would see Raven and Lucius again here given their Benice Lore canon ending.

Well, Lucius is the God of death, and the owner of the orphanage is canonically killed by Bern, so...

Such a weeby nerd...but Roy is definitely my boy...

Definitely took more from Eligood than from Lyn.

W-wait, how can he be his own grandpa?

Shame she missed that magic growth rate... what a weird Elen this will be.

I will take speed and defense every level!

Meh, you are benching him for Lilina anyway. Plus a good Wolt and Roy is much funnier.

I guess so, but he helps so much with some early bosses...

Plus your Shanna is doing excellent, so its not just the meme characters.

True!

...Poor Lot...I guess it simply wasn't meant to be...

Well, I hope he gets better after this.

Yes, grow stronger Bors, and become the hero of this team !

More power for the chin!

I guess the power of Marcus can overcome even the miserable accuracy of even the FE6 Hammer

Yup.

I always do.

I remember my optimistic ideas about keeping to a consistent schedule with my LPs...I should probably start working on my next update...

For which LP?

Can't wait to see who Cup of Noodle adds to this story.

Ohohoho! Just wait and see!

Mostly because I haven't decided yet...

... .... ... ... ........ ... ...... . ... ....

Halt, halt, I say! Only I am permitted to confuse my readers!

Do not resist:

Spoiler

fjIvyyk.png8bKc2s2.pngIvH3TPG.pngN2AUjLe.png

Oh boy, we love Laus! They're very trustworthy, and Erik never once participated in a major upheaval and attempted to murder the heir to the throne!

F3VMTL8.png

Dere he is!

fe43zjy.pngqtI8EW8.png

cGgsqSC.pngLaus...

F0ji0qu.pngYou were probably not alive then, lad, but there was once a great warrior who fell here, on this very field, a mere twenty years ago...

cGgsqSC.png(Poor old Dorcas somehow got us past this hurdle in our war...)

F0ji0qu.pngHe was a warrior of great might! If it were not for our bumbling tactician, he may still be here today. In fact, you like a little bit like him, lad.

cGgsqSC.png...That tactician was me.

F0ji0qu.png...

cGgsqSC.png...

F0ji0qu.pngDo not let any harm befall those closest to Lord Roy. The consequences for you will be far greater than you could imagine. I pray only that you have learned why you failed, and that you won't repeat those errors. And alas, with you guiding us, all I can do is pray.

cGgsqSC.pngHey, we're doing fine so far! No need to jump the gun!

F0ji0qu.pngOho, you're still naive enough to believe that three victories can secure a war and survival. Well, we shall see how you fare in the coming days. Our enemy is far mightier, and I fear that even if you were competent, losses would be likely.

cGgsqSC.pngWell, let's see how Erik's doing... Maybe he's settled down after all this time.

W2gYpB1O_o.pngyhgK7I4j_o.pngbZXsBFke_o.png5ps413mg_o.pngORh5EBt4_o.png2fRoP2vl_o.png

I know that Erik would only be about 38 due to FE7, but man...He must be in his mid 40's at the very least...

U4TXppNG_o.png3qBjDAvU_o.png3QVOyonF_o.pngg4hDkt4Z_o.pngWrcehS5S_o.pngFTuweepA_o.png85SYTOHI_o.png

fdSeOu01_o.pngVexnnfXG_o.png

2FYBUYx0_o.pngN5ZmYsfZ_o.pngcjtzMf0k_o.png

Ha, ha, ha haha

xR8H95w.png

Funni

86cJuNeJ_o.pngWuQorweB_o.png

"And so I'm going to leave so that I can't get it!"

aJosRnDx_o.pngsExHyzQo_o.png

Ahhh, here we go.

nNMXpSm.png

Ooooooooh boy. This chapter is one that I always struggle with, and the first challenging map of the game. I almost always lose someone here, and that person is often really valuable. I have lost Marcus here several times, mostly because nobody else is really that competent on this map for the first few turns. A decent Bors can be very nice here, but...Well, we don't really have that due to his base defense. We also get two units here, but we'll get to them as they arrive. The reinforcements from behind are really annoying, but they're a non-threat as long as they don't attack someone on the same turn they arrive.

0eYlKI3N_o.pngA3dg0bU8_o.png

There are also a few cavs rocking stats like this, which will presently double Bors, Wade and Lugh. And Merlinus, I guess. Conversely, nobody we have can double them, and they are really hard to hit! They do start farther away, but boy do they ever cause problems. This chapter has one of the scariest turns in the entire LP, so...I'll do my best to be in a good position for when that turn arrives!

Well, here we go! Strike up the epic music!

YehsFUns_o.png

Turn 1 is pretty simple, since we only have to set up someone to choke a point and visit the village for a door key.

cWXHFJ5e_o.png

Marcus won't be needing the hammer here. I mean, neither will Ward, but...

e8jD3D4b_o.pngfD2PDBEl_o.pnghZNtfiCu_o.pnglSIY4YfK_o.png

Speed, defense or HP!

FH48P1hh_o.png

That definitely helps!

dfgNVM17_o.png

You go, Roy!

4XYCTkp5_o.pngPCuHoflV_o.png

Check it, exact damage for a 2HKO.

Roy's our boy.

JUm3Idzx_o.png

Alrighty, time to cancel you!

tbvWgztn_o.png

...I forgot that nomads don't count as mounted units in this game. I'm assuming that this was an oversight on the devs' part, since there's no other reason for this to exist...

On that note, I think Troubadours also don't count as mounted?

oSLnMNdx_o.pngnpXgkza4_o.png

Instead, Roy shall continue to be our Boy.

rBuXefw3_o.png

It would be highly inconvenient if this missed.

mKWMvZEF_o.png

But Marcus shall never falter!

trijyfpa_o.png

Worth a shot, I suppose.

9P6y0E4M_o.png

Bors is truly immaculate with his aim.

ZrZQJmwX_o.pngqxHIPyX7_o.pnge9vjpTjk_o.pngqAi0gMlU_o.png

The chip will set up the kill for Sh-

0OFGOu3E_o.png

The chip will set up the kill for Cha-

ZQ5KkYRC_o.png

The chip will set up the kill for Lance.

m0A5xEOh_o.png

Aaaaagh, I hate that crit rate...

K7ihsfOP_o.png

Thankfully, we won't have to face that crit chance!

ke2JdkoQ_o.png

Enemy time. The dreaded turn with the 10-speed cavs and the nomad approaches...

2dhROiQB_o.pngcwxwZU2Z_o.pngvUBpe0YV_o.png

Alright, that went as planned. However, we do still have a major problem...

JDx3BJnL_o.png

No, not you! You'll be a problem in a few minutes.

Aodo0FRn_o.png

If Marcus misses this, at least three units will probably die, and at that point...Well, that might be a reset if it's Deke or Lance, since these cavs are really bulky, and beyond Lance, Deke and Marcus, I have nobody good for major damage output. Plus, these guys can double Bors, so he'll be in major trouble. I have a really strong Roy and Wolt, so I MIGHT just pull through, but that'll make the next chapters so ridiculously hard...

UrQEaXw5_o.png

If Marcus does hit, Lugh has a good shot to be able to finish the job and save us from that.

3XNOQOdx_o.png

Here we go-!

8ZohlUc5_o.png

Phew... We're not done yet, but that's a good start.

0DERzXc1_o.png

Best odds we have. If he misses...RIP run.

NkxenzCY_o.png

YES...

grmGMMD0_o.png

YES...

A0FyZVi4_o.png

I think... I think we can pull this off!

M3i4GKof_o.png

Mmmm... Nah.

M8Jcofob_o.png

I actually have a plan this time! I'll get Lugh out of the way, then form a wall of units so that nobody can get attacked by two enemies...

d4raPNsh_o.pngp3waHmcz_o.pnggD611ioK_o.png

Then I just need to make sure Roy doesn't die. And I forgot to get the village earlier.

GJruWUa3_o.png

I am feeling very good about this. The only thing that can ruin is...

8f52YPyU_o.png

This crit rate...

6sBrTtoL_o.pnghpTwQ8UU_o.pngkJ5M76Ul_o.pngjwEu7mCo_o.png

Why does 2% crit feel like 80% when it's on an enemy, but 0% for us?

BQ9Ot8IG_o.png

Weeeell... Better than just HP. Still, you've gotta get your rear into gear.

JIAjVLBa_o.pngS4LXvRwH_o.png

YES! We made it through! We're not out of the woods just yet, but I'll have to goof up to have someone die in this chapter from here on out.

957CjJ0A_o.pngobGhq3s6_o.png2PiQb4fu_o.png

I feel like an evil mastermind! My plan worked flawlessly!

frPSiKoL_o.png

Yay, we get a distraction for the enemies!

Nothing attacks Clarine in this chapter, so she can come up clutch as a tank, and I can focus on the other half of the map as opposed to having to save her from some archers.

7oT7KL8o_o.png0hoz6Ecz_o.pngPSaTs6Rf_o.png

The teeny extra damage from the armorslayer sets things up perfectly for the important members of our team to take the exp!

NPAaNgrS_o.pngTGhOczOt_o.png

Nice.

fZcMOZ8C_o.png

Hammer best FE6 weapon confirmed, 69% hitrate.

Ly5JYs8A_o.png

Still, I'll get rid of this chap first, since I can potentially save Marcus' action for the cavalier in the corner.

lyceRYHd_o.pngInDIp3XX_o.pngoLE5LJDv_o.pngnhZxVD1A_o.png

Ha! And they say FE6 axes are b-

vz8dZwV4_o.png

zvclkt9w_o.png

I'm going to have an uphill battle explaining my opinions on axes, aren't I?

wzVXGb97_o.pngF6IikaEP_o.png

I really should have trained Shanna more. Her chance on chapter 8 promotion is pretty low.

voVw3r6D_o.png

Hmm, I wonder if...

Yr4c92wI_o.pngNvdqeLFe_o.png

Nice! Exact kill for Roy!

Y6mdtR7a_o.png

My mathematical ineptitude is gonna get someone killed sooner or later.

pQePLFSA_o.png

Alrighty...

E04oz2YV_o.png

I've really dug myself into a hole here.

1g7P0W8a_o.png

And Alan gets 2rko'd?! How did things go from good to bad so fast...

4i0nowuW_o.png

Well, Marcus can almost certainly uninstall Larry Laus over here, which will simplify some things.

qE7Ukr8r_o.png

Excellent.

U1vk9eiP_o.png
Eeerrrrghhh...

https://images2.imgbox.com/37/4f/DntDFpzo_o.pngLz49QOmy_o.png

Aaaughh...

Zh9jepoF_o.png

OOUUUGHHH...

T2DnDUKd_o.png

UUUUUURGGHHH

Welp.

LFFfHGc5_o.png

Wait, why did I even do that?! This chump wouldn't have been able to kill anyone this turn!

I-

Alan's frickin' dead.

I'M SUCH A DANGED MUPPET, WHY DID I DO THAT?!

Roy, talk with the other Alan to soothe yourself!

3kBSpcuv_o.png

Well said.

d3eDnmQr_o.png

Well, we're about to get out first death of the LP. May as well get a level for Elen while we're here, though.

IUEtg2eG_o.png

HOOOO! Yeah! Magic! And a whole bunch of other stats as well, which are pretty nice.

ZFGLJTg7_o.png

Ah, I'd forgotten about you. Please vacate the premises so that we can get to the part where-

tfmns1Cl_o.png

-this happens.

I can't even rage, this is such a pointless death...

DdypTjQl_o.png

Oh man... As far as losses go, Alan is one of the best ones to take, but this was such a preventable death...

On the bright side, I don't have to decide which way to spell Alen anymore.

F0ji0qu.png...It begins again. War. War never changes.  The Etrurians waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Ostia built an empire on-

Uuurrghhh...

OC9OhXEY_o.png

Well, moving past that error, we can train the more important members of the team now!

5giQgH4d_o.png

Oh yeah, I'd best get rid of you, shouldn't I?

qTZ6HUK6_o.png

Alrighty-ho, now we can finally get Shanna a-

9jUkubDe_o.png

SHE'S A GOOD UNIT I PROMISE

GfILPoI9_o.pngsmRb0Kdc_o.pngCkt5KQxf_o.pnglVufXZkx_o.png6ABsR6bd_o.png

Healing time, Marcus time, Bors time.

g4vdaPKz_o.png

Hey... We're close to getting a kill for Shanna!

rKxkYfuj_o.png

But closer to a kill for Ward.

ktzBX2zR_o.png

Chop.

tDjrfkJS_o.pngxzzyPikK_o.pngRRp8PTtH_o.png

Time to move out!

9yRwBLz4_o.png

Oh dear.

EgUwBrWC_o.pngSoLOR9Uo_o.pngRosThSVV_o.png4yXJr79u_o.pngvlMaukhw_o.pngLa4gBsFH_o.png

UriS5NHc_o.png

Not happening! Not even because I don't like you, I'm just not good for this kind of thing.

ucV3poIr_o.pngzCKH91YM_o.png

You know, I think that Erik's on our side. There's no other way that he'd give a gremlin to Narcian.

n5Tr5iUU_o.png

ubjVTGgi_o.pnga3waqIHR_o.png

Great, now heal us!

Oh, and I completely forgot to talk about Clarine. She's nearly the same unit as Elen, except with a horse, higher speed and lower magic. So, objectively better.

However, as you can tell, I'm not very fond of her, so she's unlikely to live.

L2QcUV1U_o.png

Fortunately, we are back to weak-enemy land for a while!

eEhf39Gy_o.pngURzDj3Th_o.pngCqknqPAL_o.png

Now, these chappies should finally actually make a good target for Shanna.

XdRnwBjw_o.png

And once more, we build a wall.

l0gBCCNN_o.png

Gaaah, I forgot how many enemies arrive here!

I fear greatly that I'll have to use Rutger for this chapter.

Dang, I was hoping to kill him with Bors...

vCqpq9vl_o.png

"Nothin' personnel, youth"

Ke5VSkkU_o.png

Well, recruiting him will be really easy.

mZZCzu2T_o.png

Elen 2 tanky

3dFTfzib_o.png

Hoo. It's getting crispy in here again.

s9edvhsU_o.pngmFYS1RD2_o.pngB4ZT5F3N_o.png

C'mon, man!

C67oBxoh_o.png

I DID THE MATH HE SURVIVES

xAcF3vzS_o.pngbrxrBmyq_o.png

Hey, there we go.

zwkH5g7F_o.png

Yup, Bors survives, we're fine.

Qphmddhk_o.pngfpHb3Thh_o.pngqva3OEet_o.pngOMlBW72g_o.pngGWXpvT8n_o.png

False! Enemies won't attack you in this chapter! Your mental capabilities are so low, it's almost as if you're a minor who was just kidnapped!

7O2k95Sk_o.pngGxXN85E2_o.png8IYugieM_o.png

Floyd.

6pmGxAjO_o.png

Yay, edgelord got.

Hnoxn5z0_o.png

Rutger, much like Clarine, does not deserve the dignity of an introduction. Heck, he doesn't need one to show how absurd he is.

...Although Clarine was actually just an accident.

b3wZaX5a_o.png

Well, we've gotta get moving.

TLqXD4zu_o.png7M9gvoiC_o.png

Oy... Could have been worse, though.

n9LXywoW_o.png

This hit, but I missed the screenshot and printed it off instead.

2gohtWQ0_o.png

Well... Please don't miss.

ge7Utafi_o.png

Thank you for complying.

24jQu45l_o.png

Bors, you must not die and comply as much as Marcus just did.

DxdhjZXD_o.png

A horseslayer would have been very clutch.

xrRN7wLP_o.png

But Roy is even more clutch! I won't need to attack, but Roy survives these two lads even if they hit, so as long as he doesn't crit...

H4sn12iR_o.png

To that end, he will take Chad's iron sword.

ktyVsUDs_o.png

Alas, I have to break a rule of the LP and use Rutger here.

LGHOJzR9_o.pngE4qwAvFk_o.png

Bleh.

9jg21Y7A_o.png

SHANNA FOR THE LOVE OF ST. ELIMINE

ijEsZf1e_o.pngzPdKaUbX_o.pngfksPrNCu_o.png

And we set up a kill for Shanna, this time for realsies!

sCDwgzDH_o.png

For the first time in forever!

KMnE3FVe_o.png

Thank you.

wgSomqGR_o.png

Eeeh... Yeah, that's fine. The speed is actualy really nice, because sooner or later you can double with better weapons. Also, how is her defense so high?

Hh0itxDX_o.png

I know that this looks like a sussy strat, as the kids say, but this should actually work very well for us.

kFYplbaA_o.png5eN1RpEE_o.pngGGF0nRff_o.pngSUmq0xxo_o.pngeNaIQNZq_o.pnggM2tiBYX_o.png

OH WAIT NO I FORGOT TO UNEQUIP THE RAPIER

UjgVKspQ_o.png

Wait, Roy didn't double that guy? Phew...

R0hlsKPb_o.png

The paladin crit animation lasts forever, and I still missed all of it...

Also, we were literally 3 rns away from Roy commiting death by being too powerful. Wow.

ckp6Dt0O_o.pngYaINjtqH_o.png

Fear not, I have a plan, Roy survives this.

tOHQOk58_o.pngvAvJqyfZ_o.pngRFsC9vms_o.pngZ5KlboXi_o.pngKdLDG3qR_o.pnglufgKisw_o.png

Dangit, Rutger.

NCYikBao_o.png

More Shanna time.

TbnYaVBL_o.png

G0QsTw76_o.pngxFahRJAN_o.pngIyBuOxHa_o.png

Bors time as well!

Dpu9fypn_o.pngXSv980AJ_o.pngB1AZozOC_o.png

Hm, maybe this one can go to Shanna, and I can train Ward inste-

QeT7tDOI_o.png

FRRFFFFF

hyIQowBy_o.pngoa9rw7cW_o.png

Mmmm... Actually, I can just move Clarine and have Shanna attack with a stronger weapon so that she can actually defeat something.

XdSdhyEh_o.pngaoBlcfXy_o.png

Just a little clean-up on the bottom, then I can focus on the top.

XqGEt0vg_o.pngxkVwzGOT_o.png

On second thoughts, Lance has been an absolute champ so far, so he deserves some more exp.

S9uaSspP_o.png

SHAMK

UKg8dUnO_o.pngFF1RwKyt_o.png

Ehhh... You know what, I really appreciate the luck.

CRzEWADA_o.pngv8bi5oDP_o.pngTpefElu9_o.pngciDH1Ylh_o.png8Xo5JYnT_o.pngTTxuSWKM_o.pngkPbrwVQJ_o.png

Just about done with this map, so we may as well zoom through it.

R5hndvbw_o.pngX7Qourg3_o.pngdVxYqAV3_o.png

See? Why do people like Rutger? He dabs!

f7MfDXOz_o.png

We must protecc Floyd or whatever his name is.

3GK6XZ5S_o.png

Bruh.

evxhvjev_o.png

GBWViWmM_o.pngn6kUNhWk_o.png

Oopsies. At least he dodged.

SByQ76tr_o.png

Perfect for Shanna!

dfhACMEj_o.png

GARON Aims for Conquest!

kHZ6WxaV_o.pngN0ivqwdC_o.pngkUAuOUmK_o.png

I spent WAAAAYYYY too much money, but I am not repeating FE7.

IVzCQ8hk_o.png6uJAVnjL_o.pngOcqHRqk5_o.png

What an enthralling player phase.

kFyUs7Mk_o.pnglJBurZdv_o.pngfdbhlS6P_o.pngs98Q1ySs_o.png

Nice, Deke got a level from dodging!

sLjvgXBs_o.png

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MERCENARIES WE HIRED, WE NEED BETTER THAN THIS! YOU'VE SEEN MY STRATEGIES!

Anyways, let's skip ahead a little.

EnLSEPRW_o.pngODIaBuwo_o.png

Excellent! There are a few who are vying for this...

XvXLWXvg_o.pngnmn9trKZ_o.png1aXWrPJt_o.png

St. Elimine, what these guys do to anger the marquess enough to get this sword?

zgu5Ccgx_o.png

After clearing out the pirates, we're finally ready to face the cav reinforcements from behind.

eGhcK8VN_o.png

Wait-

ucfb8Ker_o.png

Dang.

XjqE3q4M_o.png

Along the way, Ward reminds us of FE7,

KEDaBMiz_o.png

While Wolt helps us forget about his father. Wow, he's turning out so well.

1vETLTCU_o.png

Elsewhere, Bors and Shanna choke the point.

kCUM4PVM_o.pngHD12kLEr_o.png

Everything's goin' just fine, I only need to heal and we're all set.

DcIsTDet_o.png

Perf-

1ugiuyWk_o.png

Oh.

Oh.

I...

whK7ti9u_o.png

It's probably fine, Shanna just needs to dodge one of 'em.

mY1CddSN_o.png

Oh, you have got to be-The Javelin guy's also gonna have a good shot to get rid of Shanna, 'cause she'll kill this cav...

TdRCXYxh_o.png

No... Please...

jlelR2Pg_o.pngKvw1MtBq_o.png

gNO9wBCW_o.pngoxH6wdJ1_o.png

PLEASE JUST SHOW SHANNA DYING ALREADY, DON'T LEAVE ME WAITING

UQwNxWqZ_o.png

C'mooooooon... Please... St. Elimine, spare the flier...

nfsn0wzX_o.png

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Ooooohhhh...

Thank goodness... Christ, these games are bad for my heart...

hUlckOia_o.png

Not happening again... At least not today.

xeBPZ6xW_o.pngWWCpWpBC_o.png

Well, Shanna can at least get a level out of it.

ArDrRvDb_o.png

Oh.

Y'know what, after escaping that scrape, I shan't complain.

nNUJZQB3_o.png27Id3M4L_o.png

I CHANGED MY MIND, C'MOOOOOOOOOOOON! Don't make me suffer for including your mom in FE7, Elen! WE DIDN'T NEED THE RETURN OF THE ENDGAME-READY CLERIC, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

3c9ulawt_o.png

Hey, a support!

vWRCHbA.pngHey, Wolt!

scA6DZE.pngYes, Milord?

vWRCHbA.pngYou're rapidly becoming one of the greatest assets in our army.

scA6DZE.png(Yes! I'm being useful, just like Marcus!)

vWRCHbA.pngWith that being said, I would like to promote you to being the second-in-command to the knights of Pherae, as well as second heir to the throne should anything befall myself or my father.

scA6DZE.pngWhat? Shouldn't Sir Marcus have to approve of this?

vWRCHbA.pngSir Marcus is terribly busy, and I approached him before the battle. He agreed with me that you are more worthy than any other to ascend to being amongst the highest nobility of the realm.

scA6DZE.pngL-Lord Roy, I-

vWRCHbA.pngKneel.

scA6DZE.png...

vWRCHbA.pngI hereby dub thee... Lord Pogchamp I of Kappa Citadel, and bow of the realm of Pherae.

scA6DZE.png...

vWRCHbA.pngRise, Lord Pogchamp, and show the world the might of Pherae!

scA6DZE.pngY-yes, my liege!

1qjRCbWM_o.png

The devs were very good at gameplay-story integration here; much like in the story, Erik is an utter prick. Really hard to hit, large bulk, 1-2 and melee capabilities, so on and so forth.

LRSfi8kb_o.pngscCHAcfn_o.png*

We swab up the few enemies left between us and Erik, gaining a pair of levels.

*Ignore that this one is technically after we get to Erik.

G4FinSW2_o.png

Why is it always the units I don't like?!

K6MSGU7B_o.png

Already a full point of speed below average, just as expected from a non-meme unit... Pretty average everywhere else, though. Still, 14 speed isn't enough to double anything with an iron lance.

Also, +2 res compared to average. Lovely.

SBJZp5Ep_o.pngSPnsWvG4_o.png

Well, we survive a hit.

kZlFfoAb_o.png

Mmm... Well, I suppose high hit is nice on a boss killer.

Also, +2 res compared to average, lovely.

Many turns of whittlin' later...

2Du6ZA3Z_o.pnglPQc9Hjk_o.pngwnRbQ44n_o.png

That's our cue to get our Boy in!

l1DJ6W6b_o.png

Exact damage? On Roy? It's more likely than you might think.

vWRCHbA.pngIf you won't kneel, I'll bring you to your knees! MIGHTY RAPIER OF PHERAE, BANISH THIS VAGRANT IN NOBLE'S CLOTHING!

aobgaGaH_o.png

mxaaJ4Lu_o.pngHmYs5vHX_o.png

Well, he's kind of right.

RCFawvkf_o.png

...Wow. Wow, wow, wow. If Roy keeps this up, he'd deserve a spot in even as hallowed a place as Ruben's Good Bad Unit hall!

Perhaps, with a competent lord at our helm...We have hope? Despite the loss of Alan, we could have lost Marcus, Deke, Shanna or even Bors! We must push onwards, not in spite of our fallen comrades, but for them. We will ensure that their deaths were not in vain!

INwmTDmd_o.png

RfyMCykQ_o.png

No comment.

YruS2Oyu_o.pngbVf98sta_o.pngOc0ZeAGd_o.png

You know, I wish we got more not-evil dragons in this game.

GEfVoONr_o.png

Funni Roy moment.

That concludes this incredibly late and incredibly long update! We beat our previous Ironman's deathless count by making it four maps without a death instead of...no maps. My growth in intelligence must be 120%! Next time out, we fight some bandits. In fact, a lot of them. It's another dangerous map, so... Please, I hope St. Elimine spares Wolt. Pardon, Lord Pogchamp.

Well, hope you enjoyed, and I'll try to have the next update out in a more timely fashion. Please stay safe, and have a wonderful week!

Death count: Alan

Reset count:

Merlinus retreats: 2

NFiWwu8.png...

Spoiler
20 minutes ago, Benice said:

cGgsqSC.png...That tactician was me.

F0ji0qu.png...

Marcus-11.pngDo it now kill him before he kills the rest of us!

F0ji0qu.pngNow now, patience is a virtue young me.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

ORh5EBt4_o.png2fRoP2vl_o.png

I know that Erik would only be about 38 due to FE7, but man...He must be in his mid 40's at the very least...

Erik has certainly been unfortunate in his aging. Maybe that explains the betrayal.

Plus he could have been closer to 20 and still been in their circle. After all, he's still an heir to a marquess then.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

0eYlKI3N_o.pngA3dg0bU8_o.png

There are also a few cavs rocking stats like this, which will presently double Bors, Wade and Lugh. And Merlinus, I guess. Conversely, nobody we have can double them, and they are really hard to hit! They do start farther away, but boy do they ever cause problems. This chapter has one of the scariest turns in the entire LP, so...I'll do my best to be in a good position for when that turn arrives!

You might say these cavs are a knightmare on this LP eh?

FH48P1hh_o.png

That definitely helps!

I guess.

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

tbvWgztn_o.png

...I forgot that nomads don't count as mounted units in this game. I'm assuming that this was an oversight on the devs' part, since there's no other reason for this to exist...

On that note, I think Troubadours also don't count as mounted?

Valkyries don't.

Why is BB like this?

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

The chip will set up the kill for Sh-

0OFGOu3E_o.png

The chip will set up the kill for Cha-

ZQ5KkYRC_o.png

The chip will set up the kill for Lance.

m0A5xEOh_o.png

You keep not wanting Lance, the game keeps telling you to.

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

grmGMMD0_o.png

YES...

SPD

BQ9Ot8IG_o.png

Weeeell... Better than just HP. Still, you've gotta get your rear into gear.

That's a Lot better than the last few for sure.

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yr4c92wI_o.pngNvdqeLFe_o.png

Nice! Exact kill for Roy!

Y6mdtR7a_o.png

My mathematical ineptitude is gonna get someone killed sooner or later.

BB.png

To be fair, there are worse times for this to happen.

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait, why did I even do that?! This chump wouldn't have been able to kill anyone this turn!

I-

Alan's frickin' dead.

I'M SUCH A DANGED MUPPET, WHY DID I DO THAT?!

Ah, fucking up to get someone killed.

Truly this is an FE let's play now.

IUEtg2eG_o.png

HOOOO! Yeah! Magic! And a whole bunch of other stats as well, which are pretty nice.

Elen gets Mag at last.

tfmns1Cl_o.png

-this happens.

I can't even rage, this is such a pointless death...

DdypTjQl_o.png

Oh man... As far as losses go, Alan is one of the best ones to take, but this was such a preventable death...

On the bright side, I don't have to decide which way to spell Alen anymore.

RIP Alen/Alan/Allen-a-Dale.

38 minutes ago, Benice said:

ucV3poIr_o.pngzCKH91YM_o.png

You know, I think that Erik's on our side. There's no other way that he'd give a gremlin to Narcian.

Clarine is not someone who makes a habit of listening to people.

38 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, and I completely forgot to talk about Clarine. She's nearly the same unit as Elen, except with a horse, higher speed and lower magic. So, objectively better.

However, as you can tell, I'm not very fond of her, so she's unlikely to live.

At least she can recruit some other units too. I'd still trust her extra move for recruiting Klein over Boi.

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

False! Enemies won't attack you in this chapter! Your mental capabilities are so low, it's almost as if you're a minor who was just kidnapped!

I need to use this in future.

Hnoxn5z0_o.png

Rutger, much like Clarine, does not deserve the dignity of an introduction. Heck, he doesn't need one to show how absurd he is.

...Although Clarine was actually just an accident.

Stats and edge.

I mean, he has a chip on his shoulder due to his mixed heritage, but other than that, not sure what else to bring up.

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

wgSomqGR_o.png

Eeeh... Yeah, that's fine. The speed is actualy really nice, because sooner or later you can double with better weapons. Also, how is her defense so high?

Not too bad to see at all.

Her Defence is high because she's thinking it's BS and she might be able to take an arrow if she's lucky.

FF1RwKyt_o.png

Ehhh... You know what, I really appreciate the luck.

Durability.

Sure, why not?

X7Qourg3_o.pngdVxYqAV3_o.png

See? Why do people like Rutger? He dabs!

Oh no, he's dabbing on you.

You can't counter that.

XjqE3q4M_o.png

Along the way, Ward reminds us of FE7,

He got accuracy.

KEDaBMiz_o.png

While Wolt helps us forget about his father. Wow, he's turning out so well.

7/7/7. Before level 7.

This Wolt wants to call the rest of us out.

27Id3M4L_o.png

I CHANGED MY MIND, C'MOOOOOOOOOOOON! Don't make me suffer for including your mom in FE7, Elen! WE DIDN'T NEED THE RETURN OF THE ENDGAME-READY CLERIC, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Hey, in time she might tank a Bolting.

UQwNxWqZ_o.png

C'mooooooon... Please... St. Elimine, spare the flier...

nfsn0wzX_o.png

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Ooooohhhh...

Close.

Very close.

Nearly had horse wings and everything.

vWRCHbA.pngI hereby dub thee... Lord Pogchamp I of Kappa Citadel, and bow of the realm of Pherae.

scA6DZE.png...

vWRCHbA.pngRise, Lord Pogchamp, and show the world the might of Pherae!

It makes complete sense for him to call Wolt his little pogchamp.....

How did I even say that? Ugh.

G4FinSW2_o.png

Why is it always the units I don't like?!

Sure, she's able to take 17 physical damage.

Great level I guess.

K6MSGU7B_o.png

Already a full point of speed below average, just as expected from a non-meme unit... Pretty average everywhere else, though. Still, 14 speed isn't enough to double anything with an iron lance.

Also, +2 res compared to average. Lovely.

Just like Lance earlier.

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

kZlFfoAb_o.png

Mmm... Well, I suppose high hit is nice on a boss killer.

Also, +2 res compared to average, lovely.

Able to take 20 physical attack. This is lovely tanking /s

Your army is the resistance, it only makes sense they have good Res.

vWRCHbA.pngIf you won't kneel, I'll bring you to your knees! MIGHTY RAPIER OF PHERAE, BANISH THIS VAGRANT IN NOBLE'S CLOTHING!

For Pherae intensifies

RCFawvkf_o.png

...Wow. Wow, wow, wow. If Roy keeps this up, he'd deserve a spot in even as hallowed a place as Ruben's Good Bad Unit hall!

BOI

Defences would also have been good.

Good all the same.

You know, I wish we got more not-evil dragons in this series.

FIFY

NFiWwu8.png...

Is this a Larum splice? Damm, that's actually pretty good spying on her part then.

What a Lausy chapter, am I right?