Choose Your Legends 5 Reveal FEH Channel + Keepers of Faith Banner Trailer

LoneStar

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got the timestamp in the wrong place and it skipped towards 10:33 which it did skipped all the CYL Round 5 Reveals. I didn't expect that Eirika was using her brother's armor and lance for CYL Round 5. It's a nice improvement for Brave Marth with a Range Counter Attack. I definitely knew that Brave Marianne is going to be a Colorless Tome User.

Edited by King Marth 64

Eirika looks like someone gave Lyn turquoise hair and stuck her in Ephraim's outfit.

Poor Marth being infantry sword. But I'll live, he seems pretty decent.

They just had to give Marianne Atk/Spd Unity and Gatekeeper the joint drive defense I've been waiting for forever, didn't they? I'll wait for JDD to come out on somewhere else. Wouldn't grabbing a few Mariannes though.

Regarding Gatekeeper's battle animation...

Sylvain in regular School Phase school uniform attire was one of the characters in his little animation, so Sylvain is likely gonna be among the next batch of Three Houses units added. Either that, or Sylvain will be the GHB to go with this year's CYL batch.

Anyway. Gatekeeper looks bonkers with his skills and absolutely nothing like I expected. I'm...kinda disappointed that Marianne doesn't have her horse or sword, actually? Eirika looks pretty good, I like her skills, and Marth referencing

Anri

is pretty awesome, even though I wish he wasn't a sword unit again.

Gatekeeper has one of the best artwork in the game. It's amazing. And the buffs he gives and what he can do sound OP if in the right hands.

I'm glad to see Marianne as a dancer because she's a good one in the Three Houses meta but they forgot the feather that's supposed to be in her hair. I want the feather. It was cute. Still hoping she was a cavalry unit as well, that way her special Requiem Dance isn't too overpowered... but we'll see how strong it is in practice. It's definitely nice to have though, being able to attack and "dance" at the same time.

Marth and Eirika both had predictable unit types imo. They look good though.

That is quite a selection. Lot of great art, and they're finally giving personal skills to 2nd place!

All the weapons defined my expectations, Marth's is exactly what I was hoping he wouldn't do but the rest are all really neat. Eirika is a bit like a blue Reginn, while Marianne and Gatekeeper have very novel effects and clever tome animations.

Dragonflower increase is unsurprising, but I have mixed feelings. It's better than continuing to raise the stat total without letting past units keep up, I guess? But also I wish they'd stop raising it every year, and this makes past units keep needing more and more dragonflowers to keep up.

Eirika won but it's actually just Ephraim again. What a dumb joke.

Marth is an infantry sword...again.

Marianne is...unexpected. Did her fans really want her in the dancer outfit? Will she ever get Blutgang now?

Gatekeeper is pretty creative and unique, though. Luckily he was already the one I was most excited for.

It's cool that the 2nd place winners get Prf skills now but wow, I'm not even a big fan of Marth or Eirika and I'm kind of upset with these.

Now I have to decide who will be more useful Gatekeeper or Marianne.  Marth is a bit of a let down for me.  Since I like all of these guys about the same I will go with most useful.

14 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Regarding Gatekeeper's battle animation...

Reveal hidden contents

Sylvain in regular School Phase school uniform attire was one of the characters in his little animation, so Sylvain is likely gonna be among the next batch of Three Houses units added. Either that, or Sylvain will be the GHB to go with this year's CYL batch.

Okay I'm very wrong lol, because there's other characters I didn't notice. And the GHB for this batch of CYL units has been confirmed to be Pelleas.

13 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

You got the timestamp in the wrong place and it skipped towards 10:33 which it did skipped all the CYL Round 5 Reveals. I didn't expect that Eirika was using her brother's armor and lance for CYL Round 5. It's a nice improvement for Brave Marth with a Range Counter Attack. I definitely knew that Brave Marianne is going to be a Colorless Tome User.

Thanks for pointing that out it should be fixed now.

The Banner Trailer just dropped. I think I'll include it here too since they basically are tied together.

10 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Kind of lame designs. Even last year's were better.

They literally could not have picked a worse artist for Marianne. Kusakihara makes every girl he draws look ugly.

I feel the opposite of this personally; while I'm a little underwhelmed by Marth's design, the rest is enjoyably far from any expectations I had. And I actually liked Marianne's art a lot. Between her and Gatekeeper I'm not sure whose art is my favorite. 

Btw I'm confused about the free summoning event of CYL 3 the Channel referenced. Does anyone know what that was about? Are we getting a free summon of one of those heroes?

2 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

Btw I'm confused about the free summoning event of CYL 3 the Channel referenced. Does anyone know what that was about? Are we getting a free summon of one of those heroes?

Every single CYL event has had an associated free summon, and they all expire after a few years. They mentioned that specific free summoning because it will be ending.

I was really hoping gatekeeper would have been a blue unit, over the 4/5 years there’s been an especially low number of blue units I wanted to use. Still planning to plus ten him, butane 400 I’ll need to wait for his 2nd/3rd focus 

I noticed Gatekeeper's Charging Horn attack did showed some Three Houses characters coming outside of the Garreg Mach Monestry in the attack animation. I did noticed that they did made original attires for some of the Three Houses characters that were exclusive to Seasonal Banners in the Charging Horn attack such as Rhea, Sylvain, and Lorenz appeared (I did noticed Petra and Flayn in Charging Horn attack were still riding the Pegasuses since their starter classes aren't Pegasus Riders in Three Houses) and I did noticed Cyril was in it despite he's not added in the game yet.

Edited by King Marth 64

Yeah yeah, more flowers. Who cares. 

PONYTAIL EIRIKA, OMG!!! That alone was enough to make me super hyped, but she also got an exclusive B-skill which is amazing! Her class is saturated so that's kind of a bummer, but if she ends up falling off one of these days then there's the CYL refines (assuming FEH will live another 2 years). As for the art, I can see what people mean with her looking a bit like Lyn (not surprising considering the artist for FE7 also did the art for FE8), the Ephraim armor is fine, it's at least 5x better than what the CYL4 guys got (boring canon promotions and Gremory Lysithea).

As a unit she looks strong, if a little frail. 39/40/42/28/24 is commonplace, likely to have superassets on Atk and/or Spd. The Prf is good: Effective against armors and horses (not Brave Hector, though), Slaying, +5 to all stats for existing, some dmg reduction and the offensive part of NFU. The Exclusive B skill is Canto 2, Null Melancholy (?) and at minimum 20% true damage. EDIT: Read it wrong. Only works with specials that proc in combat. So the max she can get is 50% if she runs Astra. 

B!Marth is...boring. Sure, he has a ton of effects but as an Infantry Sword he has it rough. At least he isn't DoA like B!Alm was. His Special is Fire Emblem+, which means free visible stats for everyone (and free weakness to Panic unless you run Penalty negation allies). His Prf seems loaded, but it isn't that crazy: Effective against dragons (which are kinda rare nowadays), Slaying, +5 to all for having an ally nearby or starting combat and a bunch of conditional effects that need buffed allies: NFU, +5 Atk and healing per hit, Vantage. Sudden Panic/Aversa will make his life hell, but with proper positioning he'll be a menace of a unit. Spread: 41/42/44/33/26. Hmm...actually this guy seems to be an upgrade to Ayra as he has everything she has and then some. Ayra is still pretty strong in the sword infantry category, so B!Marth should be able to duke it out with the best of them.

B!Marianne's art...I don't like it. Regardless, as a unit she's good with all her traits. Offensive Dance, Colorless Tome, Lull Spd/Res and 70% dmg reduction if she initiates combat. That's really unique, so she won't seem subject to Powercreep anytime soon...although Guard effects shut down her unique niche really hard, so there's that. Stats are: 38/40/41/17/35. A bit meh. Also the dance is more like L!Leif's exclusive skill as it inflicts Gravity when the extra mov procs, but that can be easily bypassed with stuff like WoM/Orders buffs/etc. 

And Gatekeeper...I won't get this guy because I don't care about him, but I'd be lying if I said he isn't the most unique of the batch, has amazing art and is going to be quite a pain to face in AR-D. His Prf isn't all that awesome in the age of NFU, but it's serviceable. His exclusive B-skill, however is pretty bonkers. Obstruct 4 is here and it shuts down ranged threats and stops WoM shenanigans in their feet. That's a huge blow to AR-O Galeforce teams, because if you don't get rid of this guy then your whole strat goes down the drain. He doesn't seem very useful for the player, though. Duo Líf will make minced meat of him and L!Sigurd is also going to be a pain due to color disadvantage. Stats: 41/37/17/40/36. Very min maxed, but he'll be stuck with the QR seal if one wants to use him, for AR-D he can run more obnoxious stuff. 

Edited by Alexmender

My opinion on CYL 5 reveal and other news:

• Erika's outfit made me laugh at first, but it's not bad. Also second place have prf skills, that's cool
  • Marth is... disappointing. Sword infantry... again? Couldn't you give him magic... or a horse again?
  • Marianne being a dancer is cool, art is decent. Might choose her.
  • Gatekeeper was surprising, I did not expect him to be a tome user. But it works really well, I can expect all the guides to take him.
  • IS is already trying to powercreep premium skills... yay.
  • More flowers, expected.
  • Pelleas!? Oh come on, Tellius again!? Why not Severa, she so high up! She has to be on a future banner.

Surprised Gatekeeper isn't blue unit.. but that's okay, what bothers me, he isn't armored unit. Powerful unit though, good bye to Wings of Mercy on AR with him on defense.

Marianne art...... is horrendous... I feel bad for her and her fans... She is interesting unit though.

I knew somehow Marth was going to be red sword again... you know he is the first lord of main series... so yeah. He is strong if allies has many bonus but you know panic exist so he isn't that great.

Eirika looks very interesting in my eyes, great art and outfit!

All of them has nice fodder xD!!
I do have mixed feelings abut I like most of them.

And Pelleas... probably red mage...

Edited by Naoshi

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

PONYTAIL EIRIKA, OMG!!! That alone was enough to make me super hyped, but she also got an exclusive B-skill which is amazing!

Exactly my opinion. The ponytail is so gorgeous! And the drop earrings too! Her A and B Skills scale off of her max cooldown count, so Aether and a Heavy Blade Seal are the way to go, right?

I'm just glad they decided to be creative with everyone this year, instead of giving us CYL4 again, even if it meant Marth getting Falchion again. And in case you missed it, Pelleas is the GHB!

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Exactly my opinion. The ponytail is so gorgeous! And the drop earrings too! Her A and B Skills scale off of her max cooldown count, so Aether and a Heavy Blade Seal are the way to go, right?

I'm just glad they decided to be creative with everyone this year, instead of giving us CYL4 again, even if it meant Marth getting Falchion again. And in case you missed it, Pelleas is the GHB!

RIGHT!? I also really like the helmet-like accesory she has, even if it doesn't really do anything, lol. Aether lets her do 60% true damage yes, but it won't proc until her second combat so I feel it isn't that good. Astra+HB feels like a good compromise as it still gives her 50% true damage and 70% healing each combat. I just wish her B skill had Null Guard, rather than only negating stuff from Melancholy/Witchy Wand and Ruse skills. But hey, they need to save something for her refine in 2 years. 

Gatekeeper is just himself, but the art is really great so that's a plus. To be honest, when I saw B!Marth my mind went to "so they used a Smash recolor, huh?" at first glance. But that's mostly because I know jack about Anri so I may be missing the details in his outfit. 

Pelleas, huh? That's cool, although as a GHB I fear he'll have the same fate as all the slow infantry mages we've had (and his growths in RD kinda confirm it) so he's likely to end as fodder...

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Astra+HB feels like a good compromise as it still gives her 50% true damage and 70% healing each combat. But hey, they need to save something for her refine in 2 years.

Astra+HB is a good combo actually, thank you very much! (Especially since I can just "lock" it to her once her build is complete.) And you better believe I'm holding onto the dew for her refine too!

P.S. Does anyone else think Shining Emblem and Moonlight Bracer are hints to their Legendary Remixes, like H!Grima's Dragonscale?