Choose Your Legends 5 Reveal FEH Channel + Keepers of Faith Banner Trailer

LoneStar

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FlyingKitsune said:

I have no clue who to get for my free 5 star. It's a 3-way tie between Eirika, Marth, and Gatekeeper for me. Can't wait for the banner!

Reading my mind is a bannable offense!  😛

Not that I hate Marianne or anything, but she's colorless, and she'd kick Leon out of my heart.

53 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Eirika basically has all of the traits of her friends. Ephraim's clothes and weapon are obvious. Tana's hairstyle and Canto from her kid alt. Damage Reduction like Fallen Lyon. "Moonlight" Bangle with boosted special like kid Innes. Mommy Eirika just robbed all of the kids.

And Seth's horse!  After all, he was the one that was there with her when she escaped the palace!

Spent entirely too much time trying to find some static images of the new units, when watching the entire video would have cost me just half the time, more fool me.

Anyway, hey all, just here to claim my free Gatekeeper like I always intended to regardless of skill or art (and it is a bit weird), but the itch to play again has not even slightly materialised yet.

(And I see IS released a new Palla and Hinoka while I'm gone because of course that would happen)

Edited by Humanoid

Hm, some of this was unexpected, for me at least.

• Marth   -   Sword-Infantry, again. His skills are great!... on paper.  I guess with Ashera on a team with him, he's great.
  • Eirika   -   As some people already mentioned, she looks quite a bit like Lyn with slightly bluer hair.  As a unit, she will spam out all the specials.  Also, why does Moonlight Bangle gives Canto 2 and not 3? She is mounted, so...?
  • Marianne   -   I was expecting either Blutgang-Holy Knight or Dancer, so nothing unexpected there.  I don't have a problem with her art.  What I do have a (Small) problem with is that she doesn't have the standard Dance skill.  To be fair, she seams to be fairly capable of proccing Requiem Dance, but it doesn't have any effects other than refreshing, and that Gravity debuff isn't great.  Aside from that, very good fodder.
  • Memekeeper   -   Pretty good art, all things considered.  Support + Area Denial. I imagine this will shake up AR some.

• Overall   -   So now every CYL unit will get a unique skill?  Takes away some of the heat to get someone voted to #1, but also good for the fans of those who only get to #2.  Also, everyone has good fodder.  No to sure about Distant Pressure, though, given it's DC + less than half of a Push skill.
Edited by Ouzyxol
'Bangle', not 'Blade'

Super hyped for Pelleas. Inheritable weapons on a GHB are always disappointing, but I've been really wanting him to get in somehow. (Why not Balberith, though?)

If he really has a Fury weapon, that's a nice thing to add, although unfortunate that GHBs are limited supply.

After some thinking, definitely planning on prioritizing Gatekeeper for my spark, since he's the most unique. Marianne is second priority, followed by Eirika. As with last year, I want to save my free summon until I get 3 of the 4, to guarantee getting the last one. (Which turned out unnecessary since within a year I got two copies of every CYL4 unit, somehow.)

Well... my thoughts.

• Marth honestly just looks like a color alt. They can say it's the clothing of Anri or whatever, but that straightup looks like something right out of Smash Bros.
    As for Marth himself, it seemed like kind of a tall order to have greater than 60 total bonuses on allies, until I realized that they didn't care if the allies were actually NEAR Marth, so... yeah he definitely has some real good support+offensive potency. Distant Pressure is a nice-looking skill, will definitely make speed tanks even deadlier if they can offset the damage they will inevitably be losing fast.
  • Surge Sparrow... welp, so much for Swift Sparrow 3, this thing straightup is better. Only concern is that offensive units tend to have a hard time wanting to have their HP at max, but maybe there's units aside from Eirika who would like it.
    Eirika herself... looks good, nothing to say much here. Binding Reginleif has solid effects, Moonlight Bangle has everything an offensive unit would want, and Eirika herself looks good, if a little too genderbent Ephraim-y for my tastes.
  • ...ugh, they gave Marianne the artist I'm not a fan of... ruined Rhajat for me and made Mustafa just look stupid...
    Marianne as a pseudo dancer though? I like the idea, should make for some interesting plays. Phantasm Tome seems very basic, kinda just looks like a better version of the recently released Ginnungagap now that I look again, but basic has never been a bad thing. Atk/Spd Unity... damnit, I need to summon a copy of her for my Black Knight. I mean, I'm going all-in on this banner anyway, but I was hoping none of the skills here were "needed", ya know?
  • And here we are, the one and only Gatekeeper. He looks plain rude to try and fight. High defenses, abilities with a huge trigger range, a default skill kit that beefs his physical defenses even more, and a B passive that is what a theoretical Obstruct 4 wishes it could be. People saying that he looks like a solid unit to put in front of Save tanks, this boy doesn't need saving, he IS the walls of Garreg Mach.
  • Pelleas... I don't know a lot about the Tellius games, but I do know that's the guy who wanted to do the right thing, but was tricked into selling his county into effective slavery. Also I think he was a sort of Dark Mage for some reason, despite not even being a technically "evil" person? Sigh, guess that means we're getting another Red Tome grail unit...

Listen, I knew I would be going all in on this banner. Even despite all the summoning I've done in the past, saying I'm saving for this banner and then blowing all my orbs trying to +10 Faye, I knew I would put everything into this banner. I'm just glad they're willing to deliver.

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...ugh, they gave Marianne the artist I'm not a fan of... ruined Rhajat for me and made Mustafa just look stupid...

Same. Why they thought the artist with a muscle fetish was a good idea for a gentle priest-like character in Marianne baffles me.

I swear, he made Mustafa look twice as big as he was in Awakening.

Apart from the obvious meme reference in Gatekeeper’s epithet, I can’t help but think it was a play on the fact that he himself is little more than a generic- he literally is nothing to report. I honestly think that’s so good if that’s the case.

Anyway definitely going for Gatekeeper.

the thing i'm feeling actually hyped for is that Rhea sprite in the Gatekeeper's animation, but at the same time i'm trying to convince myself those are mere placeholder sprites created just for that purpose and nothing more, as i haven't been saving orbs (damn you Pirate Vika)

still, i think i'll get Marianne simply because she's the character i like the most (also i don't have any colorless tome unit) and the idea of getting/summoning for characters just to throw them away the next second for their skills simply disgusts me

Edited by Yexin

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I like it. Its not like the designers thought ''Lol lets just give everyone their normal promotion outfits and go home early today'' like they did last year. 

Its cute Eirika sounds noticeably older and more confident. 

Agreed on both counts. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the latter too!

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Atk/Spd Unity... damnit, I need to summon a copy of her for my Black Knight.

Why not Atk/Def Unity, if I may ask?

Edited by DefyingFates

Just now, DefyingFates said:

Why not Atk/Spd Unity, if I may ask?

I don't know what's being asked, but I need Atk/Spd Unity for my BK because he's been built with Speed in mind (Spd asset, Spd-based seals, Special Fighter), and I currently have no better A slots to give him that boost his Atk and Spd at the same time. Unity would be literally perfect for him, as he has a Save skill meaning it'll be active at all times, and his Spd currently needs to be higher for him to be able to withstand most offensive units, thus the need for Atk/Spd Unity.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't know what's being asked, but I need Atk/Spd Unity for my BK because he's been built with Speed in mind (Spd asset, Spd-based seals, Special Fighter), and I currently have no better A slots to give him that boost his Atk and Spd at the same time. Unity would be literally perfect for him, as he has a Save skill meaning it'll be active at all times, and his Spd currently needs to be higher for him to be able to withstand most offensive units, thus the need for Atk/Spd Unity.

I meant to ask about Atk/Def Unity, my bad! I figured you'd want to buff up his defences to be a better Save tank (he can even kill F!Edelgard that way), but your explanation makes sense. I'm with @Yexin in being uncomfortable pulling for Marianne just for her Skills, but if I get a spare I may do the same thing, thank you for the idea!

After all, knowing what B!Eirika is means I can finally start using the fodder I've been saving up on other units!

Edited by DefyingFates

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I meant to ask about Atk/Def Unity, my bad! I figured you'd want to buff up his defences to be a better Save tank (he can even kill F!Edelgard that way), but your explanation makes sense. I'm with @Yexin in being uncomfortable pulling for Marianne just for her Skills, but if I get a spare I may do the same thing, thank you for the idea!

I did consider a more defensive build for him at one point in time, but then it was pointed out how surprisingly fast BK (and Zelgius) is and the idea of a faster Save tank appealed to me. I'm at a point now where I can comfortably counter Hegemon as well, so I don't think I'll miss out on an extra counter to her too much.
Normally I would also not be summoning units just for their skills, but I'm fully dipping into this banner, so I fully expect to have fodder copies of all 4 units at some point on top of the free summon copies, so the idea is... less bothersome to me for this banner specifically.

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Same. Why they thought the artist with a muscle fetish was a good idea for a gentle priest-like character in Marianne baffles me.

I swear, he made Mustafa look twice as big as he was in Awakening.

That guy was plain not being assigned the right units to draw. He got it right on one occasion (Rinkah), and that's about it.
...also Mustafa looks both too big AND too short. He is mostly muscle, I don't think even the original Awakening model was that bulky (short I'll grant)

Marianne is shockingly disappointing to me. I'm glad they at least referenced Maurice with that really cool tome but she doesn't seem that great as a unit, at least comparatively. The dance special is cool but I wonder how well it'll do in practice. I just wish they would have gone all in and actually made her a beast unit or at least given her adaptive damage Blutgang instead of tome yet again. And I'm baffled that she still lacks a mount of any kind.

Also, of course she just had to get Kusakihara as an artist. For a second I actually thought this wasn't too bad and then I saw exposed ass cheeks. Excuse me, but Marianne would never. Truly deserved more respect than being given to this fetish artist.

Honestly, almost considering using my guaranteed free summon on Erika or Gatekeeper instead and skipping the banner. Which sucks cause I was really looking forward to this.

I was hoping that one of the CYL winners would have ATK/SPD Menace so I could get a free one of those, two with the first spark ... needless to say, my Zihark's going to be eating well with that and Surge Sparrow (if it's inheritable). :3

A lot more excited that Pelleas is finally here.  I may not +10 him but Daein AR gang looking more and more filled out...

Personally think Marth is probably going to disappoint/ not hold up as well as people hope.  He is still going to be good as cyl units are good but if any unit doesn't hold up its going to be him.  As the others aren't as replaceable. 

Marianne is a unit I think needs time with to truly judge simply because her unique special does something you won't find elsewhere. It's just a question of how practical it is to use.  Being colorless I think helps alot for her.

Erika I think is the star of the banner.  Can't really ask more of a Lance cav unit tbh. Slaying, Self sustain,  canto, weapon effectiveness, damage reduction ect.  Just the fact she has canto with her weapon alone pretty much ensures she will have a place some where in my eyes.

Gatekeeper is far to unique to not have an impact on the game going forward. He impacts last years Brave edelgard by stopping her warp if I am understanding his abilities correctly.  Also messes with Peony/duo Peony extra part of her dance so in dark season has some extra value.  I think his detailed report is only going to get better with age and more shenigans get added to other units.

"I'll do this better then my brother ever could".  RIP Ephraim.  People say that Eirika having aspects of other Sacred Stones characters is cool, but I'd argue that there's none of her own identity here.  Biggest disappointment of the 4.

Wasn't expecting Gatekeeper to be a tome user, but the idea they used for him is pretty creative.  No wonder he was able to protect the monastery and survive the entirety of Three Houses.

Marianne looks like an interesting unit, but the art style they went for her sucks.  Not much to say here.

Also don't have much to say about Marth.  He's a Sword Infantry again.

Pelleas being GHB is neat, but I was hoping it would be for a Radiant Dawn banner and not for CYL.  The other core Dawn Brigade members (Edward, Leonardo, and Nolan) are still not in Heroes, and he would've been great for that.

Eirika and Gatekeeper got the best art. I don't know who thought Brave Marianne needed to be sexualized when her character is the complete opposite (not just the dancer outfit, but that pose), and the artist's style doesn't fit her either. Marth, poor guy, they could have given him anything and all they did is colour swap him.

Gatekeeper and Marianne seem the most interesting to use. Again... why did they give Marth another sword? It feels like a pretty underwhelming end to his journey to finally win CYL.

Also, as someone wanting Pelleas for a while, I'm glad he's finally in but neither his art nor probable skill set look very good. Generally the least exciting CYL to date imo.

Edited by Book Bro

Well after really thinking about it I think Gatekeeper will be most useful to me, so I will free pick him.  I am really happy to see that Pelleas is going to be in, I hope he has good stats to make up for being a GHB unit.

Marianne's special reminds me of Legendary Leif, but seems weaker since she needs an ally nearby and can't use hit and run tactics as effectively. 

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

Marianne's special reminds me of Legendary Leif, but seems weaker since she needs an ally nearby and can't use hit and run tactics as effectively. 

She seems like a interesting unit to run WoM. She warps, kills someone and 'dances' whoever she warped close to. Could work in AR-D, specially with ranged cavs.

It's a nice effect that doesn't care about Isolation and, since she can get danced herself, could have uses similar to Ninja Lyn's Duo Skill (with the benefits of triggering every turn and not caring about Duo's Hindrance, having the 1 movement as drawback.).

Need to test on actual gameplay, but seems solid if you pick her teammates accordinly. 

3 minutes ago, Rinco said:

She seems like a interesting unit to run WoM. She warps, kills someone and 'dances' whoever she warped close to. Could work in AR-D, specially with ranged cavs.

It's a nice effect that doesn't care about Isolation and, since she can get danced herself, could have uses similar to Ninja Lyn's Duo Skill (with the benefits of triggering every turn and not caring about Duo's Hindrance, having the 1 movement as drawback.).

Need to test on actual gameplay, but seems solid if you pick her teammates accordinly. 

Oof, yeah, that's a lot scarier in the enemy's hands than the player's.

Reason to run a Far Save tank with a Guard effect, I guess. 

So we’re finally getting exclusive skills for the 2nd place winners? That’s awesome! 

Eirika seems like a far better Brave Eliwood (which makes sad) but her art is pretty and I’ll definitely try to get her if my orbs allow me to.

Marth is cool I guess. I like his art but that’s it. He’s just another infantry sword with high speed, who’ll probably get powercrept next year by another speedy infantry sword. I’m not sure about Distant Pressure and the recoil damage, like why? Gatekeeper has a similar skill and doesn’t have it.

Speaking of him, he definitely surpassed my expectations. I absolutely love his tome animation and his prf skill looks nice and unique. The only thing that doesn’t convince me is the lack of auto follow-up.

Marianne is… eh… I can’t get used to her art and her special looks a bit gimmicky if you ask me. At least her fodder is good.

I’ll probably spark for Eirika and use the free summon on the Gatekeeper.