Choose Your Legends 5 Reveal FEH Channel + Keepers of Faith Banner Trailer

LoneStar

54 minutes ago, Rinco said:

TBH, I don't even know which unit would want that skill.

Currently, Brave Marth and Duo Eirika can definitely use it. Both of them have a Nosferatu effect on their weapon and benefit from the Spd boost.

An argument can also be made for Fallen Celica, though her situation is a bit more complicated.

It's also viable for any Spurn tanks that use Sol or Aether as their Special, as the passive HP drain can be worth gaining 5 Spd to offset the fact that they previously had to give up a stat boost on their A skill in order to run Distant Counter.

@Xenomata

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so fucking done with this banner. With how fucking abysmal my luck has been for the past 3 months, maybe I should just go back to not spending money on orbs again.

191 pulls. Because despite having a 4.25% pity rate at the last spark, it took 18 more pulls just to get another 5-star (Zeke at a 5% pity rate) and another 13 more pulls after that to fully clear my pity rate (pulling Fiora at a 4.5% pity rate and then Eirika at a 3.5% pity rate).

Total 5-stars:

• Duessel [+Res]
  • Julian [+Res]
  • Farina [+Res]
  • Brave Eirika [+Res]
  • Brave Marianne [+Atk]
  • Brave Eirika - Spark
  • Fallen Tiki [+Spd], 4.5% pity rate
  • Brave Marianne - Spark
  • Brave Marianne [+Res]
  • Brave Marth - Spark
  • Brave Eirika [+Res], 5% pity rate
  • Brave Gatekeeper - Spark
  • Zeke [=], 5% pity rate
  • Fiora [+Atk], 4.5% pity rate
  • Brave Eirika [+Spd]

That's 11 total 5-stars, which is a below average 5.8% (average is about 6.5%) and 5 total focus characters, which is a below average 2.6% (average is about 3.3%).

And 6 of them were +Res because why the fuck not.

@Ice Dragon Oof... and I thought I was unlucky getting nothing but bad assets on all the brave units I summoned, plus summoning Bravelgard twice.
At least you got an ideal asset for Eirika, I didn't manage to get one for her or Gatekeeper. Marianne I compromised with +Spd -Atk covered up with a merge, and out of 9 summoned Marths 3 of them were +Spd.

...oh yeah I maaaaaay have went ahead and +10ed Marth. Totally unplanned, but it happened.

jQWlGThl.jpg?1

Just now, eclipse said:

@Xenomata do I dare ask how many orbs that took?  Congratulations though, he's gonna wreck every last green dragon!

In terms of bought orbs, I bought a total of 1,116 from regular Orb purchases, plus all the orbs from the orb packs (minus the one that was like $8usd and could be bought twice) and Forma Soul pack. Plus like 12 orbs from the story missions and Forging Bonds.
Hm... A lot of those orbs were spent during a Marth dryspell, so theoretically I could have used far less... eh, theoretics and luck hardly ever go together that well anyway.

You better believe it'll be more than dragons who'll be wrecked, but the green dragons? EXTINCT

If you are wondering if you can replace Olivia or Tethys with KOF!Marianne, the short answer is no.

Now that I got some time to play with her a bit, KOF!Marianne feels kind of disappointing. Dance/Sing is the last piece of the puzzle that would make her truly awesome and usable, but she is missing it, and without it, her reliability and ease of use basically flies out the window. If you have three Dancers/Singers on the team, replacing one of them with a KOF!Marianne is not too noticeable on overall ease of use, but that is because double Dancers/Singers can already do a lot and can still do most of the heavy lifting. If you have only two or one Dancers/Singers on the team though, I would not recommend replacing one of them with a pseudo Dancer/Singer. The difference between real Dance/Sing and its substitutes is just too massive.

Years down the line, even if she gets a Refinement with Slaying, Null Special Disrupt, and Wings of Mercy, and Requiem Dance gets upgraded to 2 cooldown with no Gravity penalty and usage limits, she still would not be able to compete with a true Dancer/Singer. The only way I can see her being on the same level as Dancers/Singers without giving her Dance/Sing is if they remove the limit on number of allies affected, and even then, I would only consider bringing her if there are two other Dancers/Singers on the team to provide a solid foundation first.

As is, she is just a novelty unit where her most relevant niche is to get around Limited Hero Battle restrictions and catch offensive players off guard by ignoring Isolation.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

As is, she is just a novelty unit where her most relevant niche is to get around Limited Hero Battle restrictions and catch offensive players off guard by ignoring Isolation

Can Sing/Dance be used on herself though?

I think that'd be the place she shines best, letting a true refresher support her and give her 3 total attacks. Since the affected will have Gravity inflicted on them, the only unit they'd be able to support outside of WoM is Marianne anyway, and she is one of the few offensive units truly capable of preventing a KO on herself (outside of Firesweep effects) with 70% damage reduction. (most others only have 30%, which can still be broken through due to lack of follow-up prevention on strong units) This also means she can become a WoM beacon real fast if fighting enough physical ranged/DC units.

...I think maybe her best A passive would be an Impact skill? 70% damage reduction on one attack, and the enemy won't get any others without having NFU and either two sources of auto follow-up or a really high Spd stat to compete with Marianne...

Edited by Xenomata

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Can Sing/Dance be used on herself though?

I think that'd be the place she shines best, letting a true refresher support her and give her 3 total attacks. Since the affected will have Gravity inflicted on them, the only unit they'd be able to support outside of WoM is Marianne anyway, and she is one of the few offensive units truly capable of preventing a KO on herself (outside of Firesweep effects) with 70% damage reduction. (most others only have 30%, which can still be broken through due to lack of follow-up prevention on strong units) This also means she can become a WoM beacon real fast if fighting enough physical ranged/DC units.

...I think maybe her best A passive would be an Impact skill? 70% damage reduction on one attack, and the enemy won't get any others without having NFU and either two sources of auto follow-up or a really high Spd stat to compete with Marianne...

I guess she can function as a nuke and have another Dancer/Singer give her another action. The only issue is that she got some damage output issues without a damage Special, and she is essentially just a ranged "Galeforcer", with a round about way of getting her "Galeforce". Fast Brave Galeforcers offset some of their damage output issues by quad attacking, which she cannot do. As a ranged "Galeforcer" though, I guess she is comparable to Leif: Unifier of Thracia in that regard.

Edited by XRay

I think a good way to use Marianne is by giving her WoM. With a nuker like OG Celica, for example, you can initiate with Celica, Dance her, attack again, dance with the second dancer, Celica attacks a third time, then Marianne jumps in attacking and giving Celica/Dancer another action for a total of 5 attacks instead of the usual 4 attacks you'd have with Celica + 3 Dancers.

You can make some setups in which Marianne jumps in to get a kill and give one of your nukers another action to threaten other units. As Marianne can initiate pretty safely due to her dmg reduction and high speed, she can also be useful in hit and run, as she will be able to refresh a dancer, the dancer refreshes her and she retreat repoing the dancer. She's better than Leif in that regard, as he gets the gravity effect himself.

The gravity Marianne's special apply can also be worked around with WoM or Orders. I think you only need to get creative with it to make great uses.

Edited by Rinco

Compared to Leif and regular Galeforce users, it seems difficult to do a hit and run strategy where you have to get two units out of trouble rather than one. 

31 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Marianne jumps in attacking and giving Celica/Dancer another action for a total of 5 attacks instead of the usual 4 attacks you'd have with Celica + 3 Dancers.

A Galeforce Dancer/Singer can do what KOF:Marianne does and do it better, since they can Dance/Sing with or without attacking an enemy first, which makes them far more flexible. The only small advantage that she has over Galeforce Dancers/Singers is that she can hit an enemy a bit further in the back line, which in most cases does not really matter since your nukes are going to clean up everything eventually anyways. For Aether Raids offense, I do not see her being viable without at least two more Dancers/Singers on the team to provide that solid foundation first, and even when you have two Dancers/Singers on the team, why even bother to bring a pseudo Dancer/Singer when you can just bring a third real Dancer/Singer?

37 minutes ago, Rinco said:

As Marianne can initiate pretty safely due to her dmg reduction and high speed, she can also be useful in hit and run, as she will be able to refresh a dancer, the dancer refreshes her and she retreat repoing the dancer. She's better than Leif in that regard, as he gets the gravity effect himself.

I am not sure if it is worth it to devote a team slot just to retrieve Dancers/Singers out of enemy range when regular nukes with better combat performance can do it too.

38 minutes ago, Rinco said:

The gravity Marianne's special apply can also be worked around with WoM or Orders. I think you only need to get creative with it to make great uses.

I do not think any of those issues are a huge deal if they just straight up gave her Dance/Sing. But since she does not have Dance/Sing, all those extra restrictions and conditions just do not make her worth using in most cases.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:01 PM, Xenomata said:

If the unit has a way of offsetting all that additional damage, healing specials or passive effects that enable healing during or after combat,

I put Mystic Boost on my Marth, but I agree that the damage adds up quickly, especially when Fatal Smoke is thrown into the mix.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:01 PM, Xenomata said:

...I may be biased against Distant Pressure though, cause I just summoned 9 Marths and I DO NOT intend to actually fodder any of them for the skill... soooooo yeah.

Oh, you xD

12 hours ago, Xenomata said:

In terms of bought orbs, I bought a total of 1,116 from regular Orb purchases, plus all the orbs from the orb packs (minus the one that was like $8usd and could be bought twice) and Forma Soul pack. Plus like 12 orbs from the story missions and Forging Bonds.

That's a ton of money spent, but I'm sure it's worth it for you. Congrats! And you only needed ~1200 Orbs to complete a Red Hero too, lucky! It took me almost 1500 to get my B!Eirika, and Blue is supposed to be easier. I had a long drought in the middle too, by the way. Crazy, huh?

8 hours ago, XRay said:

As is, she is just a novelty unit where her most relevant niche is to get around Limited Hero Battle restrictions and catch offensive players off guard by ignoring Isolation.

Doesn't the latter give her a place in AR-O (albeit a niche one)? Maybe she could be part of a WoM Galeforce team or something?

I played a little bit with Marianne as well, and oh boy... I am also disappointed.

Gatekeeper... I liked what he brings... but he is just ok-ish. It's cool that he can have allies adjacent to him, and ranged foes cannot get close to attack those allies... but that's all. He relies on QR seal so much, and I can't afford to give him that when I use on others units. He is an ok enemy phase unit I guess. Maybe he is more useful in AR? Idk.

Marth and Eirika, though... they are FUN!!!

I have been using Marth in a team with Fae. Fae's +5 to all stats, buffing herself and allies, already grants the 60 total bonuses Marth needs to use his Falchion and full force, and he use that very well. I decided to go with DC instead of Pressure, because I am not a fan of the recoil damage. I also gave him Time's Pulse... because why not.

Eirika just destroys her foes and then retreat with Canto. She is pretty easy to use, and very effective.

@XRay Yeah... Her special is kinda... meh. When it works, it works... but you need to setup it to work. I wish it had at least some damage boost in the special, or even if there is no ally within 2 spaces then she refreshes herself. That would be nice.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Gatekeeper... I liked what he brings... but he is just ok-ish. It's cool that he can have allies adjacent to him, and ranged foes cannot get close to attack those allies... but that's all. He relies on QR seal so much, and I can't afford to give him that when I use on others units. He is an ok enemy phase unit I guess. Maybe he is more useful in AR? Idk.

I think he is going to make a mark in Dark season AR defenses. I say dark season because Detailed report messes with Peony's dance giving extra movement the most out of any mythic units. Might see some anima use for the same reason this time with duo Peony but given that you actually have to pull duo Peony and even still might not see her on all Astra teams I think he is better of in dark to mess with the mythic peony that is pretty much guaranteed on most light teams.

I've decided that Gatekeeper is worth having if only for his battle animation when using a weapon that is not his Charging Horn.

Yes, he uses the sprite of the weapon he's equipped with (unlike Legendary Celica, Yune, Sothis, etc.). Yes, if he's equipped with a book, he'll blow into the book as if it were a horn. Yes, it looks as ridiculous as it sounds.

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Doesn't the latter give her a place in AR-O (albeit a niche one)? Maybe she could be part of a WoM Galeforce team or something?

On offense, I think she is okay if you are running at least two other real Dancers/Singers in conjuction with her, and as a "third Dancer/Singer" there is less pressure on her to actually Dance/Sing. I tried using just her and Azura: Vallite Songstress for Mock Battle, but since she cannot really Dance/Sing, I cannot really do stuff that I can normally do with a second Dancer/Singer. For PvE maps, when I do use her with a nuke and two other Dancers/Singers, it feels exactly as if I am using two Dancers/Singers, and she "Dances/Sings" maybe once or twice per map.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@XRay Yeah... Her special is kinda... meh. When it works, it works... but you need to setup it to work. I wish it had at least some damage boost in the special, or even if there is no ally within 2 spaces then she refreshes herself. That would be nice.

I just wish she got Dance/Sing. Even with Dance/Sing, I do not think she would be that broken. Maybe she will slightly better than Azura: Vallite Songstress, but I do not think she will completely outclass her.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

About B!Marianne:

[Akariss's video on CYL Marianne]

Saw the video myself. A good number of CYL Marianne's detractors are likely the same sort of players who prefer using BEEG DPS or EXTRA THICC pl0nk units. Galeforce strategies, while effective (especially on cancerous AR-D maps that require 1-turn action to avoid using up the Escape Ladder), are known to be quite difficult to execute especially without any practice and even then would require having some amount of luck with the gacha (since Galeforce becomes easier to execute when you have a 6th unit ready to attack or proc Galeforce itself in AR-O).

I personally don't have Dagr or Ullr so chances are that I will be unable to make effective use out of Galeforce during Light season in situations in which having a Galeforce team would be critical.

Edited by Roflolxp54

This banner was weird for me. My only real regret was not spending my free 5* intro choice on B!Marianne, but I ultimately ended up with four copies (two of which during the same circle, one right after the other), so I'm not really upset. I also ended up with four B!Marths, so there's that...

This banner was weird to me because outside of those Mariannes and Marths, I didn't get a lot of solid units that I wanted. Sure, I FINALLY got an Erk and an Orochi, so I can put them on the Merge Project list, and I guess the two copies of Sirius I have should be put to use somewhere, but I didn't get anything else I really wanted, and I felt like my wants weren't that high. All I wanted were some 3* or 4* units for my current merge projects (1 Vanilla Camilla, 1 Soleil, 3-4 Seteths and 5 Knolls) along with a single Nifl, if only to continue working towards having all Heroes OC characters in their base form. (I only need Hrid, Nifl, and Surtr, and I'm fine waiting on Surtr.) So I didn't feel like I was asking for too much out of the 160 pulls. But alas, I got none of those. I did get a few Sakuras, Mustafas, Orochis, and Lexs that I put in my Merge Project box; and not gaining any of the above stuff freed me up to work on my Kaze merge, but I'm still a little disappointed. 

Overall though, I got what was most important, and that's what matters. I spent a solid 50 spare orbs on the Pirate banner and ended up pulling a 4* Vika, so yay for that! Now I can start saving up again for the Dancer banner next month. I'd like a Legendary banner with L!Chrom, Hrid, and L!Byleth (so I can support Byleth and Marianne) too, so I can pull those, but I won't get my hopes up any time soon. 

*Merge 5* +10 Merge list:

Completed: Chrom, Rath, Tharja

In Progress: Soleil (+9), Camilla (+9), Knoll (+6), Seteth (+6), Kaze (+5), Tatiana (+3)

On Standby (with how many copies of each, ready to turn into 5*): Lex (4), Tailtiu (5), Seliph (5), Altena(?), Erk (2), Priscilla (3), Ilyana (4), Pelleas (3), Mustafa (6), Panne (1), Felicia (1), Sakura (4), Orochi (3), Arete (3), Linhardt (?) 

EDIT: Just saw the potential Legendary/Mythic calendar for September, and it looks like Hrid, Chrom, and Byleth will all be there. Looks like I need to start stockpiling like crazy...and now I'm hoping that this year's Performing Arts banner isn't that good...I still need to get Ethlyn from last year's banner! 

Edited by Use the Falchion

2 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Ended up getting a copy of Marianne today. Just trying to figure out what to replace her special with. Thinking Iceberg or something to put that high Resistance to good use.

It is best to go with a low cooldown Special to make sure she triggers Specials as often as possible, so she can kill things more consistently.