Let's create an RPG story, 100 words at a time!

Corrobin

(3 rules: The core "story" part of your post must be exactly 100 words. No more, no less. If you're in the middle of a sentence, you have to stop cold dead right there and the next person has to pick up in the middle of said sentence (though it is perfectly acceptable to ask questions, give minor criticism etc. in parenthesis either before or after the core story part of your post). You cannot double post, you must wait for at least one person to reply before you can write 100 more words. Finally, the story must end at some point, so we can start in a new world with a new fake RPG story. We don't want to get the story all confusing and too-long and weird and tangential at some point.)

"In the world of Ragliam, an ancient war once brewed between the evil Demon Beast Emperor and those that opposed him. Wielding the power of the Sacred Beast Weapons, they defeated him and brought freedom back to the world. But it is said that the Demon Beast Emperor still slumbers under the earth, waiting for his disciples and a descendant to reawaken him...

In the village of Greenshire, a 17 year old boy named Tristan prepares to become a knight, just like his adopted father Elliot. He knows the way of the sword, and prepares to journey to the capital..."

Alright, sure. I am acting like the sentence ends in a comma to continue the first sentence.

, which would take him by many locales. The first leg of Tristain’s journey took him over the Mountains of Min, a range whose highest peaks hid above the clouds. While the road he took was relatively easy terrain to walk with the occasional bump, he discovered that he he was being watched by people from on high, most cloaked and with no obvious sign as to who they were aligned. For a few days he found lodges to stay in, but after some days he lost even that refuge and had to camp outdoors. The first time he did this…...

"he heard the sound of a skirmish coming from inside a cave. An elderly knight and a girl his age in noble wear were battling against dark-robed men wielding what looked like dark magic, assisted by monsters. The knight was vigilant, and the girl supported him with her bow, but they were clearly losing ground, closing in on what looked like an altar or a grave they were defending. 

Tristan leaped in to help without even thinking, striking with his sword, but even with the tides turning, the enemy's giant scorpion familiar leered over them with it's giant stinger, ready..."

On 8/19/2021 at 7:47 PM, Corrobin said:

We don't want to get the story all confusing and too-long and weird and tangential at some point.)

We don't?

23 hours ago, Corrobin said:

"he heard the sound of a skirmish coming from inside a cave. An elderly knight and a girl his age in noble wear were battling against dark-robed men wielding what looked like dark magic, assisted by monsters. The knight was vigilant, and the girl supported him with her bow, but they were clearly losing ground, closing in on what looked like an altar or a grave they were defending. 

Tristan leaped in to help without even thinking, striking with his sword, but even with the tides turning, the enemy's giant scorpion familiar leered over them with it's giant stinger, ready..."

to strike the girl. Tristan tried go remember what his father taught him about scorpions. He remember they are weak to fire, and fortunately he had collected some fire mushroom items, which he used to set the cave ablaze. Most of the mages ran off, but the apparent leader and master of the scorpion familiar glared in anger and sent his scorpion into the inferno, his eyes dead set on the girl. The undaunted scorpion caught ablaze, but still lashed out with its tail at the exhausted girl. Only, at the last second, the elderly knight jumped in the way.

the knight took the stinger into the neck, and used his strength to slash the tail in half!

The scorpion skittered away dying as the knight fell onto his back. The girl attempted some kind of magic to heal him, but the knight shook his head.

"Lady, my time is at an end, and I knew it. Please, just continue the mission." The girl wept, but nodded as the knight closed his eyes.

Tristan helped the girl bury the knight and made a cairn with nearby stones. She wrote: "Sir Graham Tristane, protector of crown and country, loved by all."

• 3 weeks later...

While shaken at the sight of someone so dedicated to the servitude of the girl, Tristan felt a multitude of questions rush through his mind at what had just happened.  As soon as he and she were finished paying their respects, Tristan took the opportunity to ask, “Might I know who you are miss?”

The girl turned to him when she collected herself and answered, “You may call me Illy.  I apologize but I must honor Sir Graham’s duty with my mission’s completion.”

Tristan saw an opportunity in this when he offered, “If it is alright with you, I can…”

...assist you with your mission in his place. I know the way of the sword, thanks to my father."

Illy nods and returns to the cave, looking at the shrine. She says a short magic phrase and the shrine opens up, revealing a staircase below.

As Tristan follows Illy, he thinks back to the robed men controlling monsters.

"...the Demon Beast Emperor's followers, I presume."

"You are sharper than you appear. They came to destroy the Sacred Beast Weapon here."

Deep inside the shrine, in what looks like a coffin, lay a sword, shining gold.

"The Sacred Lion Sword..." Illy

read the inscription engraved on the blade that eluded Tristan as it was written in runes that he had never seen before.  “From the blood of two, the strength of Luugar is granted to thee.  Joined the blood of the virgin and the blood of the holy shall this sacred blade be.”

Tristan asked, “What does that mean?”

Illy explained, “It is a call from The Sacred Lion Luugar to earn this sword.  Requesting the blood of a virgin and the holy.”  Illy unsheathed a dagger when she continued, “This is desperate, but our options are few.  We are already…

...behind on time and one person is dead."

"I... I fit that... first requirement." Tristan says, nervously as he extends a hand above the sword.

Illy nods. "Good." Taking the dagger, she takes Tristan's index finger and lightly cuts. She then does the same to her own, and the two hold the dropping blood above the sword.

The sword flashes a brilliant golden light, and the runes change.

Illy quickly bandages both of their wounds, and Tristan takes the Sacred Lion Sword.

"I... I'm not sure I am worthy of this sword, but I will use it if it's necessary."

Before Tristan could question his destiny, he heard a rapid scuttle in the distance. He looked up the stairs he descended before seeing a scorpion far larger than the ones he fought earlier.  The mighty scorpion lunged its tail towards Tristan as he made his strike only to connect with the stinger before being pushed back.

Illy rushed to his side and warned, "You cannot wield it alone! It needs us both!"

Illy reached out to Tristan's hand holding the handle to cause the blade to shine blinding white. The two swung the blade to send a mighty crescent beam...

• 2 weeks later...

...cleaving the enemy scorpion in half with a single, powerful blow!

Tristan then sheathed the sword. "If it requires both of us... it might be better to save it for a finishing blow or desperation move." And thus, it was justified as a Limit Break only.

As the two exited the cave, Tristan found it a good time to ask questions.

"Priestess or princess?"

"Why do you assume I can't be both, or neither?"

"The knight protecting you, 'crown and country', but also a connection and knowledge of holy weapons, and you use healing magic..."

"My full name is Illyana...

Illyana: "-Austerlitz Raglam. I am in fact royalty. I was sent by my Queen mother to retrieve the holy weapons due to the recent dramatic rise of attacks from the DBEF [Pronounce D, B, F]. The next one is close to the border between Raglam and Liella. That's where I'll go, where will you be going?"

Tristan: "I'm going to the capital to become a Knight like my late adopted father and continue his legacy! ... buuuut I don't fancy leaving you by yourself, and besides you need me to use the sword."

Illyana: "Then I think it'll be best if we..."

work together for the time being. Getting to the border from here can go through Astartes and with Sir Graham dead any assistance to get there would be appreciated. It would probably behoove you to have some experience under your belt as well to point out when you make your case, would it not?“

“I wouldn’t disagree with that Lady Raglaim. Is it fine to call you that?”

“Illyana is also fine, seeing as we’ll be working together“

With that they left the tomb and continued on the mountain pass. For a few hours it seemed almost peaceful as they....

entered a small mining town that maintained a gate leading into Raglam.  Despite being empty of civilians, Tristan and Illyana could view several soldiers patrolling the streets.  What captured their attention however was a robed man with a stack of tomes on his back making a show of himself.

Tristan and Illyana heard him ask, "Ya thay I... *hic* can'th enther?!  I gotha...  *hic* tab ta pay..."

Illyana asked, "You say you cannot pass?"

The man answered, "Goths kill meh...  *hic* Thcholar Melthric at yer... *hic* servith..."

Tristan warned, "I think I see why..."

Illyana offered, "Perhaps you might benefit...

• 2 weeks later...

"...from a bit of help."

Tristan rolled his eyes a little as Illyana pulled out some coins to put in... Melthric? But his accent and drunken slur could also make it Meltric or Melsric or...

"Th-thank ye *hic* kindleh, lady."

Illyana pulled out a cloak and covered her head as they maneuvered to a bar. Once inside, Mel... something quickly maneuvered to the bar to pay a tab, while the knight-to-be and princess hid in a corner table.

"So, what is the Sacred Beast Weapon here?" Tristan asked.

"The Sacred Bull Axe. The most brutal and powerful of the weapons."

Before Illyana could describe the weapon, the drunk scholar shot up asking, "Ackth?  Ackth?  Yah wanth ackth?  Eyeth can thow an ackth!"

Tristan realized, "You are a scholar aren't you?  You must know about it."

Mel looked up to them when he answered, "Eyeth could reedth it fer yath.... Fer pinth...  *hic*"

Illyana observed, "It would seem Scholar Mel will only cooperate with us with drink."

Tristan pointed out, "Do we even need him?"

Illyana answered, "The axe has eluded many for centuries.  We need all we can get."

Tristan accepted the situation when he paid the barkeeper for a...