100% COMPLETE Translation: Claude Japanese VA Interview, Nindori Magazine Nov. 2020

TRANSLATION IS NOT POSTED DIRECTLY TO THE FORUMS, BUT TO MY GOOGLE DRIVE. CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:

*wipes sweat off forehead* IT IS DONE!!

Welcome to one of the greatest Fire Emblem-related treasures I’ve ever just so happened to find in the wild: a TEN page interview from Nindori (Nintendo Dream) magazine with none other than Claude’s Japanese voice actor, Mr. Toshiyuki Toyonaga!!

What I thought would be a quick, fun little project before I got to my big goal of translating the FE3H drama CD, ended up being an epic journey that spanned 9 months.

Being a translator is wild. You NEVER know what project will end up being the one that tests your limits. Turns out this one was mine. It just so happened to use language that was very complicated for me.

As a result, this is one of the translations I’m most proud of yet, so please enjoy it extra hard! =3 

If you read my original page-by-page tumblr posts, then there really isn’t any reason to re-read this final Google Doc version if you don’t want to. Nothing changed aside from some super minor typos and formatting issues.

Full story: last November, I put in a big order of things I wanted off Amazon Japan, so I could justify the DHL shipping price to the US. The big ticket items were the new FE Drama CDs for Three Houses and Awakening, but among the other things I ordered was an issue of Nindori. I used to buy Japanese magazines while I was in Japan for the bonus item, and then I’d end up ignoring the actual magazine because I had no time to read it... Well this time, I couldn’t do that. I soon found a treasure worth way more than just the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity poster I originally wanted: a TEN page interview from Claude’s Japanese VA. I immediately dropped everything to translate it... but it turned out to just so happen to be a VERY difficult translation for me, and I have only just now polished off the final draft for all to read. 

Please enjoy, FE:3H fans!!!!

On 8/21/2021 at 1:21 PM, Dark Holy Elf said:

Great work! This is really well put-together; I loved how you interwove your translations with shots of the original magazine.

Thank you, that specifically is some feedback into something I was curious about! I mean, I figured all the little shots would be one of the best ideas for presentation, but I wondered if they were too big. 47 Google Doc pages seems like a lot to end up with for a 10 page interview.