Future Legendaries?

TuxedoBird

Since all signs point to Micaiah at the end of the month, who would be the last lead character to get a legendary (unless you count Kris) I figured it might be fun to speculate who might get a legendary now that they’re out of the way.

Archenea: Caeda is the only one I’m pretty certain about. She plays a pretty big role and is Marth’s love interest, Lilina got one and so will she. Kris is another with a decent chance as a player character. Other than that, I suppose Elice or pre-evil Hardin could be options if they stretch?

Echoes: …I got nothing. I guess if they get desperate they could make Berkut one? He’s one of the villains who would fit better as a legendary than a mythic and I think he’s somewhat popular but I really doubt this one.

Jugdral: Deirdre is always an option. Quan and Eldigan too if IS feels like it. As far more of a stretch they could give Arvis one, he’s a villain but that doesn’t automatically disqualify him, and not playable, which might, so this is a long shot.

Binding Blade: Um, Guinivere maybe? She’s not playable in the main campaign but she is one of the plot important characters. I guess if we go by plot importance we could also add Elphin here but I buy that even less than Berkut.

Blazing Sword: Ninian will almost certainly get one. That’s kind of all I got since Athos is more likely as a mythic. I guess they could make Mark one as a last resort.

Sacred Stones: My L’Arachel bias says L’Arachel, but I do think she’s the most likely option from the game. Alternatively Myrrh. Tana and Innes I think are much less likely but possible?

Tellius: Finally back to ones that feel less like a shot in the dark. Elincia is sort of a lord in her own right so I could easily see her getting one. Soren fills the second in command role and is important enough I think it’s just a matter of time. I think Sanaki is less likely but still a pretty strong possibility. Mmmmaybe Sothe?

Awakening: They could make Grandmaster Robin, presumably male Robin. I don’t think both gender PC’s would be the norm, but the current legendary Robin is Grima, so I could see this one. Lissa, maybe, if they’re desperate.

Fates: Ryoma got one ages ago but Xander is still waiting. Other than him, Shigure was the focus of some DLC and is the most recognizable child character so he’s a possibility. And male Birthright Corrin to match the current one and which Corrins appear on the box art. Then I guess Camilla is pretty dang likely.

3H: Yuri is the only one I am somewhat confident we’ll get. He’s the DLC protagonist and pretty well loved. Seteth and Flayn are options? Albeit unlikely ones. And Rhea was going to get either a mythic or a legendary and got the former. Although I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t pull for Legendary Rhea as well.

Others: Itsuki? I don’t really expect more TMS in Heroes, but he is the main character so this might happen. Alfonse I think will happen, but not for a while. Likely he’ll be a last hurrah during the last book. Anna is a silly recurring character, but I could see them giving her one as a joke.

So yeah, the ones I actually expect to get a legendary are; Caeda, Kris, Deirdre, Ninian, L’Arachel, Elincia, Soren, Xander, Shigure, BR Corrin, and Yuri. And beyond that a fair few that wouldn’t surprise me. Enough for another couple of books at least before they start scraping. Thoughts? Additions? Think any of these choices are insane? Inquiring minds wish to know.

Now watch it not be Micaiah so this times out poorly.

Edited by TuxedoBird

I will add to your Arvis idea and say that as less and less protagonists remain as options, it becomes more probable for main antagonists to get one.

Legendary Zephiel will happen if the game doesn't die in a year or so, mark my words. Legendary Ishtar is also possible, and legendary Berkut like you said. And I know that Tellius is one of the casts that definetely isn't starving for reasonable options (Elincia, Sanaki, Soren, Sothe, Tibarn, Nailah, Reyson, Gawain, the list goes on) but I think Legendary Zelgius would be received well and also finally give us a red armore Zelgius without having to make a non-seasonal alt that steals a slot from a Tellius banner.

24 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I will add to your Arvis idea and say that as less and less protagonists remain as options, it becomes more probable for main antagonists to get one.

Legendary Zephiel will happen if the game doesn't die in a year or so, mark my words. Legendary Ishtar is also possible, and legendary Berkut like you said. And I know that Tellius is one of the casts that definetely isn't starving for reasonable options (Elincia, Sanaki, Soren, Sothe, Tibarn, Nailah, Reyson, Gawain, the list goes on) but I think Legendary Zelgius would be received well and also finally give us a red armore Zelgius without having to make a non-seasonal alt that steals a slot from a Tellius banner.

I do think more main villains are a plausible way to go. Zephiel and Zelgius would be good options, and I’ll add Lyon who I think would get one before Tana or Innes.

I wonder if they'll slow the legendary rate at some point, now that we're reaching the end of the major candidates. But with a whole new world of options opening up, there wouldn't be much point in making that change from their perspective.

Arvis is one I hadn't considered, but that would be a cool way to add his older version. L'Arachel and Lyon are other ones I hadn't thought of but sound really fun.

The main ones I have in mind are: Caeda, Ninian, Elincia, Sothe, Robin M, Corrin M, Takumi, Xander, Camilla, Byleth F, and Yuri. I'm also still hoping for Mist, but she feels like a long shot. For another Jugdral legendary, I'd guess Lachesis, she still really needs a Master Knight version.

2 hours ago, TuxedoBird said:

Seteth and Flayn are options? Albeit unlikely ones. And Rhea was going to get either a mythic or a legendary and got the former. Although I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t pull for Legendary Rhea as well.

Yeah they'll probably go the Mythic route with them. I think it's likely, especially since we just got Ulir, showing that IntSys has very little problem using historical figures in-world as Legendary/Mythics. I can see Seteth, Flayn, and even Macuil and Indech all showing up as Mythics in the future, if only to round out Seiros' band. 

Also, maybe we'll see a Legendary Nemesis? I don't think it's out of the picture. 

I'd agree with mythics for the saints.

So far, aside from different-gender versions of avatars, it seems like we all tend to expect that characters who've already gotten a legendary won't get a second one. This being Heroes, I wonder if that's really the case.

For a lot of characters, another legendary sounds pretty redundant. But there's options like FE9 Ike, or FE6 Eliwood/Hector, where I could see a purpose to it.

Speaking of different-age versions of existing characters, I've seen Gen 2 Lewyn suggested as a mythic, but I think a legendary would be the best fit for him.

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

Yeah they'll probably go the Mythic route with them. I think it's likely, especially since we just got Ulir, showing that IntSys has very little problem using historical figures in-world as Legendary/Mythics. I can see Seteth, Flayn, and even Macuil and Indech all showing up as Mythics in the future, if only to round out Seiros' band. 

Also, maybe we'll see a Legendary Nemesis? I don't think it's out of the picture. 

Mythic Cichol and Cethleann could happen, and probably are more likely for those two if they get one or the other. Indech and Macuil too. As for legendary Nemisis, ehhhh I kinda doubt it. I’d say mythic is more likely if they do give him an alt, but I’d be fine with him staying as a GHB. The mythics I would be kind of curious about from 3H would probably be Wilhelm and Loog. Put faces to the names.

Mostly I just want fewer OC mythics, there are still plenty of choices from the games. 😕

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

So far, aside from different-gender versions of avatars, it seems like we all tend to expect that characters who've already gotten a legendary won't get a second one. This being Heroes, I wonder if that's really the case.

For a lot of characters, another legendary sounds pretty redundant. But there's options like FE9 Ike, or FE6 Eliwood/Hector, where I could see a purpose to it.

Speaking of different-age versions of existing characters, I've seen Gen 2 Lewyn suggested as a mythic, but I think a legendary would be the best fit for him.

Hmm. That I’m really doubting, but I wouldn’t put a second legendary Ike past IS.

The Lewyn one I could definitely see though as either.

Some other possible directions: While Alfonse is the "main lord", the OC I've been seeing as most likely to get a legendary alt in the near future is Reginn. The midpoint trailer showed her on foot using a new sword, so that could be a way to incorporate that. In addition, if double-legendaries are an option, Fjorm is a lord-like character who's gotten a legendary version but not a legendary alternate, and Laevatein feels like a Muspell "lord" so she could also fit a legendary.

You do make a good point with the legendary alternates suggestion. I’m not sold on Reginn but Fjorm is getting her divine power up and is one of the more popular OC’s, so you may be right on the money there. I’d say Leagjarn before Laevatein though.

There is also a chance they start splitting their new OC’s between mythic, legendary and regular banners to spread things out a bit.

Caeda, Kris (both male and female), Ninian, Elincia, Male Robin, Male Corrin, Xander, and Female Byleth are all almost certainly going to get the Legendary treatment at some point.

Dierdre, Nanna, Nils, Innes, L'Arachel, Joshua, Myrrh, Sothe, Sanaki, Hinoka, Takumi, Camilla, Leo, and Rhea are strong candidates that are important enough in their own games to possibly get a Legendary some point.

Tana, Mist, Sakura, and Elise are possibilities, but would probably not happen until several other stronger candidates have been used.

Camus, Quan, and Eldigan are actually regarded as very strong in their games and could be possibilities, and Athos could happen if he doesn't show up as a Mythic first.

We definitely have plenty of characters to pick from.

Hoshidan Prince Male Corrin (Staff)

Flier Female Enlightened one Byleth based on her appearance in the Smash trailer where she has all the relics surrounding her. Would that make her insanely broken? Probably. Does this sound like a crazy pipe dream? Yes. Would it be totally awesome? Yes!

The special leads banner we got included Caeda, Deirdre, Nanna, Ninian, Elincia, Sothe, Xander (by proxy of Ryoma being on it and Xander is a GHB), Tsubasa, and Itsuki (same as Xander with Tsubasa), so they are all likely on the table. Otherwise, the possibilities I see are:

Archanea - Minerva, Katarina, Kris

Valentia - Hard to say, really. Celica and Alm take up so much focus. I don't personally feel like Berkut should be a legendary but he's clearly popular enough and/or IS likes him enough so it wouldn't really surprise me. Otherwise, Lukas? Saber?

Jugdral - Unlike the above, a lot from here could fit the bill. Lewyn would be next on my list (after Deirdre and Nanna, that is).

Elibe - Guinivere from Binding seems a logical next step. Not sure who else could come from Blazing unless they decide to go for, like, Nino. Although a potential Blazing Blade remake could fully realize the avatar as a character and make them a candidate. *Looks up* Oh, Nils also feels plausible.

Magvel - Myrrh and L'Arachel seem like prime candidates. Lyon feels plausible, maybe Tana and Innes down the line.

Tellius - A lot of candidates again, even after the above three. Sanaki and Soren to begin with.

Ylisse - I do see the opposite gender avatars happening, so I'll put Robin (M) here, as well as a potential Lissa.

Fates - Corrin (M) and all the royal siblings, from the oldest to the youngest.

Fodlan - Byleth (F), Yuri

And I also think basically any Askr/Embla Heroes OC could pop in as a legendary; Henriette, Gustav, Veronica, and Bruno. I think these ones would be legendaries rather than mythics.

I would have expected Xander to show up by now to mirror Ryoma, but alas...

The second most likely candidate for a legendary would be Micaiah. Beyond that, it's really anyone's guess. If I wanted to give my personal picks, I'd say Sothe and Anna.

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

I wouldn't say I think it particularly likely per se, but I could imagine us getting Legendary Conrad.

I was actually just thinking of Conrad. If not him, then I think Mycen could fit... maybe.

41 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

I would have expected Xander to show up by now to mirror Ryoma, but alas...

The second most likely candidate for a legendary would be Micaiah. Beyond that, it's really anyone's guess. If I wanted to give my personal picks, I'd say Sothe and Anna.

I was actually just thinking of Conrad. If not him, then I think Mycen could fit... maybe.

Young Mycen would be pretty great. I guess if Alvis fits then Rudolf could also fit too, dude is a god slayer after all. Only it might be a bit weird to get a legendary Rudolf without having a "default" Rudolf. Though he is in the game already as a seasonal.

On the subject of young Mycen, we still have only one Garon, so a second one having him actually using his axe wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:44 PM, GrandeRampel said:

Remember, we got Grima back in 2018, so there is precedent for villains being Legendaries.

On top of the ones suggested here, I'd add Rudolf from Echoes and maybe Rhea? Considering her authority I think she'd qualify.

I'd love a Lyon Legendary too, but I don't know if F!Lyon fills that role in IS' eyes. After all the only reason we got Grima was because they could do a male/ female split with her.

If Ryoma gets a Legendary, I think Elincia's eligible for one too. I never thought of Alfonse getting one before (or an "in his prime" Mycen for that matter), but at this rate I think he'd qualify too, as would an infantry Reginn (though I'd much prefer her getting the Nifl treatment and joining the regular pool).

Edited by DefyingFates

Archenea: Caeda is a possibility, as well as Kris. I think it's more than likely Kris gets a Legendary Hero unit.

Echoes: They would have to stretch hard, I can't think of anything.

Jugdral: Quan, Eldigan, or Ares are some options. Maybe even Nanna for Thracia 776.

Binding Blade: Can't think of anyone.

Blazing Sword: Ninian I could see, but probably not Mark. Mainly because Braimmiond (or however you spell their name) exists. But that might be more reason to include Mark. Idk.

Sacred Stones: Myrrh maybe, but I'm not sure.

Tellius: Micaiah obviously, I'm surprised she still hasn't gotten one. Elincia is an option for PoR, as well as Ike tbh. They haven't repeated any characters yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a PoR Lord Ike at some point. I could also see Greil coming as Gawain. Sothe, Sanaki, and Kurthnaga are all possibilities for RD Legendary Heroes imo. 

Awakening: Can't think of anyone.

Fates: Xander.

3H: Can't think of anyone.

Edited by SSbardock84

Actually now that I think about it, maybe a legendary Leo (from Fates) makes sense.

Nohr is the only faction without a Legendary (unless you count Corrin), and Leo (and his variants) is mediocre at best. Maybe they can take inspiration from his Cipher skill and make him wreck magic-users.

2G2V6Ae.jpg

6 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

Actually now that I think about it, maybe a legendary Leo (from Fates) makes sense.

Nohr is the only faction without a Legendary (unless you count Corrin), and Leo (and his variants) is mediocre at best. Maybe they can take inspiration from his Cipher skill and make him wreck magic-users.

2G2V6Ae.jpg

As cool as this would be, I fear they'll just stick with Xander to balance Ryoma. Besides, if we did get Leo, people would start clamoring for Xander and Takumi alts.

On the other hand, there are a finite number of Lords and sub-Lords (like Ryoma and Elincia), so I wouldn't be surprised if the other Fates Royals got Legendaries eventually.

I would be surprised if we don't eventually get Legendary Camilla. Because you know damn well they won't pass at the chance of making money out of yet another Camilla alt.

9 hours ago, Jave said:

I would be surprised if we don't eventually get Legendary Camilla. Because you know damn well they won't pass at the chance of making money out of yet another Camilla alt.

To be honest I'm surprised we haven't gotten one already, but it's probably best to quit this particular chain of thought before things escalate.

By the way, are we allowed to think about Mythics here as well, or should we keep our thoughts to just Legendaries?

23 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

By the way, are we allowed to think about Mythics here as well, or should we keep our thoughts to just Legendaries?

I don’t see why not?

Most obvious choices seem like Medeus for Archenea, any of the rest of the twelve crusaders (and maybe the original Loptous?) for Jugdral, Athos, Elimine and Jahn for Elibe although they could do more of the Eight Legends, Morva seems like the best bet from SS, Lehran, Soan and Dheginsea from Tellius, if they do decide to put Anakos in he’s the main choice from Fates, Indech, Macuil and maybe Wilhelm from Fódlan although Cichol and Cethleann as alts is possible if less likely.

I honestly can’t think of anyone from Valentia (Mila and Duma already are mythics) or Awakening (Grima is a legendary, Naga is a mythic).

Edit: oh, and Nergal, knew I forgot someone.

Edited by TuxedoBird