Flying classes kinda suck on Maddening. Change my mind.

40 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Because - breaking news - not all terrain is friendly to cavalry, with some even slowing cavalry and ONLY cavalry down, which blunts this.

Even if you dismount your Dark Knight, they'll still have 6 movement. Basically the only maps where Gremory has the movement advantage are the desert-dominated ones. And even if your Dark Knight is impeded by terrain (say, to the point of having 5 effective move), getting the option to Canto is way better than not having it at all. If my Dark Knight uses Warp or Draw Back on an ally, they can keep moving towards a favorable end turn position; when a Gremory does it, that's the turn right there.

44 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah, I didn't really think you hadn't played it, but nonetheless... I don't know about you, but I definitely would find it disappointing as hell to put a lot of work into getting something (a weapon, a class, etc.) only for it to fail to significantly outclass either what I've been using prior or another alternative that takes less work to get. This being said... Qualifying for Dark Knight might not be anywhere near as egregious as what I had mentioned, but in my book, it still has shades of this, given that 3H's nerfs to cavalry classes, along with the frequency of terrain that slows them and only them down, lead me to think it isn't really worth it...

Maybe actually try it, instead of assuming it's going to be a disaster?

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/16/2021 at 12:21 AM, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah, now that I think about it, I kinda think what I was hoping to say went over your head. For an easier to grasp example (and because I have been playing it a lot lately), the High Dragon weapons in Dragalia Lost. For how much work they are to get and improve, they end up not being that much of an improvement over the Chimeratech weapons, which are much easier to get and improve (note that for a High Dragon weapon to outclass a max-unbound Chimeratech, it needs 6 unbinds, which is a lot of work). Making matters worse for them, it's possible to skip straight to Agito weapons, which outclass them immediately, Going back to 3H, relative to Gremory, Dark Knight requires much more effort to qualify for... and the reward is extremely underwhelming despite this (2 extra damage does not exactly make a good case for Dark Knight). It's crap like this that leads me to have such a seething disdain for Dark Knight.

Thanks for telling me about a new game. I am downloading Dragalia Lost right now 🙂 Edit: oops double post sorry 

Edited by Quickpawmaud