• Byleth: Tested Professor
    • Marianne: Serene Adherent
    • Lysithea: Earnest Seeker
    • Eirika: Pledged Restorer
    • Ephraim: Sacred Twin Lord
    • Marth: Prince of Light
    • Caeda: Talys's Heart

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2021 at 02:59 AM

Oof, this is tough. I like Gatekeeper a lot, but Ephraim's one of my favorites in the series. I guess I'll support M!Ephraim and if he loses to F!Ephraim, I'll jump over to Gatekeeper. If he loses, I guess I'll support F!Ephraim.

This is tough. Gatekeeper is a boss, but I am quite the Eirika fan. I think I will have to go with Eirika. Hopefully if she drops Gatekeeper will still be in the running. If both drop. . . the preferred units from the other pairs would be Marth and Lysithea. But as a Sacred Stones fan supporting Ephraim if both Eirika and Gatekeeper go down is probably my best bet.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am surprised to see that Male Ephraim was able to defeat Female Ephraim in Round 1.

And now with Byleth out of combat, I have everyone for Rounds 2 and 3.

I'm pretty sure it's mandatory at this point that at least one favorite gets upset in every Round 1. And even if it isn't mandatory, it sure does happen a lot.

But man, Eirika can't catch a break. Her last win in a VG was in the very first one (against Elise) and this is her third straight Round 1 loss (lost to Hilda in the 2020 Winter VG, lost to Lyon in the kiddie VG a couple months back).

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm pretty sure it's mandatory at this point that at least one favorite gets upset in every Round 1. And even if it isn't mandatory, it sure does happen a lot.

But man, Eirika can't catch a break. Her last win in a VG was in the very first one (against Elise) and this is her third straight Round 1 loss (lost to Hilda in the 2020 Winter VG, lost to Lyon in the kiddie VG a couple months back).

Well, what can we say? Apparently the multiplier hates Eirika. Or Eirika hates VG so much she's purposely sabotaging herself to leave ASAP.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, what can we say? Apparently the multiplier hates Eirika. Or Eirika hates VG so much she's purposely sabotaging herself to leave ASAP.

Eirika at least doesn't hate VG as much as Laevatein. Every version of Laevatein has been in a VG, and she's 0 for 5 all time (her base version lost twice).

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Eirika at least doesn't hate VG as much as Laevatein. Every version of Laevatein has been in a VG, and she's 0 for 5 all time (her base version lost twice).

Eirika decided to give VG one chance to impress her. And it failed.

Guess Laevatein didn't know what to do with it to begin with.

Oh god, same hell with Gatekeeper vs. Marianne. And according to the score trackers it's going to be that way for the rest of the day or until the last few hours. I need to be wary of this in the future, because sitting on so many flags and not being able to spend sucks.

Edited by LoneStar

9 hours ago, LoneStar said:

Oh god, same hell with Gatekeeper vs. Marianne. And according to the score trackers it's going to be that way for the rest of the day or until the last few hours. I need to be wary of this in the future, because sitting on so many flags and not being able to spend sucks.

. . . same hell is such a pain and it won't go away!

Well, I want either Ephraim or Gatekeeper to make it to the final round. I'm kind of meh about Marth and I don't really like this version of Marianne, but I really like Ephraim and Gatekeeper. ^_^

33 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Wait, Marianne actually won against the meme character instead of getting screwed right at the end? Am I finally free from my cursed VG luck?

It's really hard to get screwed when the two teams were literally neck and neck in Same hell in a match even closer than the legendary Ephraim v. Chrom of the first Voting Gauntlet.

Marianne was up against Gatekeeper by less than 0.1% for almost the entirety of the time they were in Same hell, with the difference being 0.8% at 9 AM UTC when they entered Same hell, dropping to 0.04% leading into the final hour. For comparison, Ephraim v. Chrom ended with a difference of 0.8%.

Edited by Ice Dragon

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's really hard to get screwed when the two teams were literally neck and neck in Same hell in a match even closer than the legendary Ephraim v. Chrom of the first Voting Gauntlet.

Marianne was up against Gatekeeper by less than 0.1% for almost the entirety of the time they were in Same hell, with the difference being 0.8% at 9 AM UTC when they entered Same hell, dropping to 0.04% leading into the final hour. For comparison, Ephraim v. Chrom ended with a difference of 0.8%.

You say that, but I was on Team Forrest in the healer VG earlier this year. That one also ended in same hell but Forrest had a bigger last hour lead (it was about an 87,000,000 point lead) there than Marianne did here.

He still lost to Summer Rhys anyways. That's exactly the type of cursed VG results I've had this year.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Wait, Marianne actually won against the meme character instead of getting screwed right at the end? Am I finally free from my cursed VG luck?

VG has been cursed all year for me. It's either I'm on the popular team and get last couple of hours multiplier screwed or I'm on the less popular team and can't get that type of luck. I guess the summer VG wasn't too bad with Ashe's team somehow beating Mercedes at Same, then Caspar slaying the goat.

Ironic that Marianne might break the curse, but Ephiram is here somehow.