Legendary Hero - Micaiah: Radiant Queen

Jave

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of artist but I'm freaking glad her legendary is finally here, I'm ready to use all my orbs if necessary. (I hopefully I dont have that bad luck)

Also I dont have sothis and thrasir, would be nice for both morgan for fodder but of course Micaiah is priority.

@Florete its from her cipher art.

0sv0ac2sz8o41.jpg

Edited by Naoshi

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

Two Prf skills!

Is there an origin for that outfit? I don't think I've seen it before.

Pretty sure it only exists in Cipher, in a card that shows Micaiah as the Queen of Daein.

I'm sniping Colorless until I get her, and I'll buy packs if necessary (I haven't bought any of the anniversary packs yet). Ashera and Fallen Edelgard are good consolation prizes, but PLEASE show up early, my Queen.

Finally!!

Not the biggest fan of the art (which they'd stuck with a RD outfit rather than using something that never appeared in her game), but I'll be summoning for her! I'll also take Ashera merges, and if I get Edelgard... Uh... I'll... do something with her.

(Really not a fan of how terribly overpowered beast Edelgard is. Also, she completely powercrept Caineghis, which makes me sad.) Hopefully I get multiple copies of Ashera and Micaiah!

It's nice to see Legendary Micaiah getting an atire from the Begion Empress Dress. Plus as well as more Colorless Tome Units adding in since we didn't have that much in Heroes.

7 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

The link you putted it out that didn't work.

Edited by King Marth 64

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

It's nice to see Legendary Micaiah getting a atire from the Aposolite. Plus as well as more Colorless Tome Units adding in since we didn't have much in Heroes.

The link you putted it out that doesn't work.

Fixed it, thanks for letting me know 😄

It's about time. Micaiah was very overdue. But, I suppose that worked in her favor, higher BST and all. I like her art, her skills look pretty nice, I'd like to summon her if I can. Colorless definitely looks like the winner here, with red and green following, and blue taking up the rear.

This was going to happen sooner or later, although it's a bit of a shame she's Colorless Tome Micaiah No.2 rather than being the first Legendary healer. The special art's face feels kinda odd to me, but the rest of her art is looking really good so I can let it slide. 

It's Micaiah so her stats are likely to follow the same pattern of: Low Hp, high Atk/Res, mediocre Spd and trash Def. The Prf is good. We have the usual double effectiveness that every Micaiah has, more Atk/Res and guaranteed follow-up on player phase or by having an ally nearby. The Desperation effect feels a little outdated, but her B-slot makes it that she won't have a hard time getting below half health without outright dying. 

The exclusive assist is the evolved form of Sacrifice, and it includes Harsh Command+. It's good for triggering the Desperation effect in her weapon and lets her be a good support if she's not needed for fighting something. 

Her exclusive B skill is good. More stats and flat 30% dmg reduction on first hit will make her slightly sturdier than you'd initially think. Still, that's not going to help her for more than one combat outside of tanking mages so do be careful about Bows/Daggers. She'll pair well with Near Save Black Knight (or any other Near Save armor, for that matter). 

Oh yeah, this Micaiah is infantry so you can change her personal B skill for NFU and ensure her Prf's guaranteed follow-up will always go off (unless you fight a NFU tank). She can also use NCD and the Mystic Boost seal to destroy healers in AR, so there's that option too. 

As for the colors in this banner I'd say: Colorless>>Red=Green>Blue. 

Colorless is absurdly strong with the new Micaiah, Ashera and the ever annoying F!Edelgard. 

Red has good fodder overall, but in terms of units I think only L!Lilina holds up. Sothis is pretty bad without high merges and Fallen M!Morgan isn't that amazing (and I have him with +Atk -Spd) despite his min maxed stat spread. 

Green is equal to red, although the fodder is slightly worse because L!Edelgard doesn't offer much but the other two have incredible fodder. Thrasir has fallen off quite a bit, but she's still one of the best green mages we have, and Fallen F!Morgan's fodder is incredible. 

Blue is last because of Naga. Farina is mostly for fodder or favoritism because as a ball of stats she's on a timer. Ingrid is the only blue cav that can give B!Eirika a run for her money, and I personally think she's superior for Galeforce at high merges due to how her True Dmg works so you can't go wrong with her. 

I think something along the lines of "It's about time", will be the running trend of this topic.  Kris is the only main series MC left without a Legendary now (I personally don't count Elincia as an MC in either Tellius game, and I don't think they'll bother with M!Robin, M!Corrin, or F!Byleth).

I knew this was coming, and yet I still took the bait (the Double Special Heroes banner) and only got Dorothea + Lene plus a troll 4* Special Lene after about 100 orbs. 

Now, I'll have about 90 orbs after Micaiah's LHB to make something happen here. I only have this to say in advance: I will freaking end Edelgard for good and all if she gets in my way of Micaiah and/or Ashera. I already detest her enough as is.

I have a pretty good reason to pull every color, because they're either new units or units I really want to merge.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Btw, kudos to HACCAN for giving Micaiah unique artwork for all of her four poses.

"I'm half-dead, gotta hold the book with the other hand"

Well, this is nice. Micaiah herself is great, but the rest of the banner is actually tempting me, which hasn't been a thing for a while. The only units I don't particularly want/need are Sothis and Naga, and knowing how my luck works I'll pull them and only them...

Nothing we haven't seen before on Micaiah. High Atk/Res between her base stats and Prf skills, probably gonna have shit Hp/Spd/Def, and Armor/Cav effectiveness cause I guess all of Micaiah's tomes have been plagiarizing off Thani. Neat that she has two brand new Prf skills instead of having Sacrifice again.
Joint Distant Guard is indeed a thing, but it is not anything I think I'll be caring about anytime soon. In the first place it takes up the C slot, so already every unit who wants it can't take it and Far Save. There are currently VERY few units who are dedicated Ranged tanks without packing Far Save otherwise. All in all, not a skill I think is worth summoning Micaiah just to use her as SI for.

Now does Micaiah herself look good? Yes of course she does, but the Colorless offerings are overall great even without her. Ashera is a solid enough unit who also has the Null Panic buff to support the newly released Brave Marth, and Hegemon is... well, Hegemon. In comparison, Blue is outright pathetic (nothing against Ingrid, but she can be randomly summoned on most any banner), Red is alright but somewhat meh with Sothis in the mix, and Green is... pretty good not gonna lie, but it's not Colorless.

51 minutes ago, eclipse said:

"I'm half-dead, gotta hold the book with the other hand"

She's not even holding it; it's just floating there.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Joint Distant Guard is indeed a thing, but it is not anything I think I'll be caring about anytime soon. In the first place it takes up the C slot, so already every unit who wants it can't take it and Far Save. There are currently VERY few units who are dedicated Ranged tanks without packing Far Save otherwise. All in all, not a skill I think is worth summoning Micaiah just to use her as SI for.

Infantry tanks, like Brave Ike, have few better options, since they were previously locked to Joint Drive skills, unlike flying tanks, which could run Rein Atk/*, which is still superior to Joint Distant Guard.

However, I can still see reason to run this over Far Save. First off, we don't have D/R Far Save yet, and second, team compositions running Near Save, but no Far Save, are still completely viable on most maps.

So, actual thoughts on things.

It's nice to see HACCAN again. It's been quite a while since the last time we've gotten new art from him, as the last one was Legendary Edelgard back in Apriil of last year.

This is the third Legendary/Mythic Hero in a row (after Byleth and Ulir) that functions as a Fallen Edelgard counter, which is not at all surprising, though Micaiah needs to drop below half health in order to do so.

The upgrade to Sacrifice from Harsh Command to Harsh Command+ is pretty nice, considering Fatal Smoke's existence.

As much as I'd like to spend a giant pile of money on this one, I'm probably just going to go for +5 like I did with Byleth and end there, but I might stop earlier if the game decides it wants to screw me over like it has been doing for the past 3 months because of course it will.

In terms of the localization, it's fine this time around.

Her epithet, Radiant Queen, is 銀の輝きの女王 (gin no kagayaki no joō), "Queen of Silver Radiance".

New Dawn is 明日の光 (ashita no hikari or asu no hikari), "Tomorrow's Light".

Maiden's Solace is 癒しの乙女 (iyashi no otome), "Maiden's Solace". It's worth noting that 乙女 (otome) is a word that is very closely associated with Micaiah, as her vanilla version's epithet (which is the same as her epithet from Radiant Dawn) is 銀の髪の乙女 (gin no kami no otome), "Silver-Haired Maiden", and her dancer version's epithet is 夏色の乙女 (natsuiro no otome), "Summer-Colored Maiden". It's also worth noting that 癒し (iyashi) comes from her Sacrifice skill's name, which is 癒しの手 (iyashi no te), "Healing Hand".

Prescience is 未来を知る力 (mirai o shiru chikara), "Power to Know the Future", literally the definition of "prescience".

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So, actual thoughts on things.

It's nice to see HACCAN again. It's been quite a while since the last time we've gotten new art from him, as the last one was Legendary Edelgard back in Apriil of last year.

This is the third Legendary/Mythic Hero in a row (after Byleth and Ulir) that functions as a Fallen Edelgard counter, which is not at all surprising, though Micaiah needs to drop below half health in order to do so.

The upgrade to Sacrifice from Harsh Command to Harsh Command+ is pretty nice, considering Fatal Smoke's existence.

As much as I'd like to spend a giant pile of money on this one, I'm probably just going to go for +5 like I did with Byleth and end there, but I might stop earlier if the game decides it wants to screw me over like it has been doing for the past 3 months because of course it will.

In terms of the localization, it's fine this time around.

Her epithet, Radiant Queen, is 銀の輝きの女王 (gin no kagayaki no joō), "Queen of Silver Radiance".

New Dawn is 明日の光 (ashita no hikari or asu no hikari), "Tomorrow's Light".

Maiden's Solace is 癒しの乙女 (iyashi no otome), "Maiden's Solace". It's worth noting that 乙女 (otome) is a word that is very closely associated with Micaiah, as her vanilla version's epithet (which is the same as her epithet from Radiant Dawn) is 銀の髪の乙女 (gin no kami no otome), "Silver-Haired Maiden", and her dancer version's epithet is 夏色の乙女 (natsuiro no otome), "Summer-Colored Maiden". It's also worth noting that 癒し (iyashi) comes from her Sacrifice skill's name, which is 癒しの手 (iyashi no te), "Healing Hand".

Prescience is 未来を知る力 (mirai o shiru chikara), "Power to Know the Future", literally the definition of "prescience".

Thanks. I might use this information for an analysis. Is that okay?

Seems... decent.  Tbh, lately the Legendries and Mythics have either been to strong or underwhelming.  Miccy here is slipping toward the latter category, much to my chagrin.

On one hand, it's a missed opportunity for the first legendary healer. On the other hand, I don't think I want to fight an Abyssal-tier legendary healer.

Unfortunately, the lack of originality here makes her less desirable than who she's sharing Colorless with to me. A healer would've been interesting, but as a Colorless Tome she's just regular Micaiah with a fresh coat of Gen 5 paint. Vanilla Micaiah is still a beast with her sicknasty refine and Duo Micaiah is a debuff-heavy flier with an awesome duo skill, so unless you're playing favorites, Legendary Micaiah probably isn't worth chasing if you have those two.