Legendary Hero - Micaiah: Radiant Queen

Jave

2 hours ago, Ouzyxol said:

Seems... decent.  Tbh, lately the Legendries and Mythics have either been to strong or underwhelming.  Miccy here is slipping toward the latter category, much to my chagrin.

She got guaranteed follow-up, Desperation, colorless, and range, and if you want to keep her exclusive B skill, she also got a pretty safe way to enter Desperation and Wings of Mercy range. Maybe you are not used to using player phase units, but that is not underwhelming at all nor anything to scoff at.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all knew it was coming, but congratulations to the Micaiah fans! It’s about damn time she got her legendary. Good luck with your summons!

Although I feel like the only person who has issues with the art. It’s not bad by any stretch of the imagination but the colours look really washed out and her face just looks off. Probably more personal preference than anything.

They probably didn’t skip over Farina despite her having been rerun because now Nifl lines up with Ullr and probably the next legendary. To make it more appealing than if it was Zeke.

Edited by TuxedoBird

7 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

And with that, we have officially covered all of the primary Lords of the franchise.

All that's really left now are B-tier (Elincia, Sothe, Caeda, etc) and below.

actually we havent. Legendary Xander is still missing

21 minutes ago, Hilda said:

actually we havent. Legendary Xander is still missing

Yuri will also probably have a Legendary as he can kinda be put on the same level as the three House Leaders from the main game

Only one I really want on here is Thrasir. Looks like I may as well skip this one. Though, Rinea would like that Joint Distant Guard.

10 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Thanks. I might use this information for an analysis. Is that okay?

Yeah, sure.

2 hours ago, TuxedoBird said:

but the colours look really washed out

That's how all of HACCAN's art looks (Effie, Hawkeye, Hinoka, both Nephenees, Gharnef, Legendary Edelgard, and all of the official art for the Trials of Mana remake).

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's how all of HACCAN's art looks (Effie, Hawkeye, Hinoka, both Nephenees, Gharnef, Legendary Edelgard, and all of the official art for the Trials of Mana remake).

Yeah, looking at more of their stuff it does seem to be a trait of theirs. Strangely I like it on Gharnef and the Nephenees but it bothers me on Effie, L!Edelgard and L!Micaiah. So that’s definitely more of a personal thing.

I do stand by her face looking off.

Edited by TuxedoBird

6 hours ago, XRay said:

She got guaranteed follow-up, Desperation, colorless, and range, and if you want to keep her exclusive B skill, she also got a pretty safe way to enter Desperation and Wings of Mercy range. Maybe you are not used to using player phase units, but that is not underwhelming at all nor anything to scoff at.

I think the one thing that surprised me was Desperation 2 on her tome... a Level 2 skill. Based on previous Legendaries or Mythics, I would expect Desperation 3 or something like Brave Lysithea that has Guaranteed Follow-Up + Desperation effect when not at full HP.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I think the one thing that surprised me was Desperation 2 on her tome... a Level 2 skill. Based on previous Legendaries or Mythics, I would expect Desperation 3 or something like Brave Lysithea that has Guaranteed Follow-Up + Desperation effect when not at full HP.

In my opinion, Desperation 2 is a bit better than 3. If you use 3, you have a chance of accidentally landing in the HP range between 50% and 75%, and since Desperation is active, it would prevent you from getting into Wings of Mercy range through normal player phase means.

Edited by XRay

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, Desperation 2 is a bit better than 3. If you use 3, you have a chance of accidentally landing in the HP range between 50% and 75%, and since Desperation is active, it would prevent you from getting into Wings of Mercy range through normal player phase means.

Not if you have Fury, which is part of Micaiah's base kit.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Not if you have Fury, which is part of Micaiah's base kit.

Fury has the lowest boost to Atk/Spd compared to other A skills though. Personally, I would swap it out for Brazen Atk/Spd since gives the highest stat boost out of all the cheap A skills.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fury has the lowest boost to Atk/Spd compared to other A skills though. Personally, I would swap it out for Brazen Atk/Spd since gives the highest stat boost out of all the cheap A skills.

She probably has a pretty low Spd and wouldn't benefit that much from Spd boosts.

2 hours ago, Rinco said:

She probably has a pretty low Spd and wouldn't benefit that much from Spd boosts.

Spd still helps in player phase for higher potential damage output in the off chance her guaranteed follow-up effect gets negated, just like how Reinhardt would still be better off with Lull Spd/Res than Lull Atk/Res in most cases to allow him to quad attack slower enemies.

And as a player phase unit with Desperation, there is absolutely no reason to pump her Def/Res, so that leaves Spd as the only other stat to increase.

As for her Spd, I highly doubt she is going to have unsalvageable Spd. Her Spd is not going to be amazing, but I doubt it is going be in the 20s, as that would mean her Atk/Res is going to be insanely high. My guess is that her Spd would be between 30 to 35, closer towards 30, maybe 28 or 29 if they really want to maximize that Atk/Res. I can see her Def going into the mid to low 20s, but I do not see the same happening for her Spd.

Edited by XRay

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

Spd still helps in player phase for higher potential damage output in the off chance her guaranteed follow-up effect gets negated, just like how Reinhardt would still be better off with Lull Spd/Res than Lull Atk/Res in most cases to allow him to quad attack slower enemies.

And as a player phase unit with Desperation, there is absolutely no reason to pump her Def/Res, so that leaves Spd as the only other stat to increase.

As for her Spd, I highly doubt she is going to have unsalvageable Spd. Her Spd is not going to be amazing, but I doubt it is going be in the 20s, as that would mean her Atk/Res is going to be insanely high. My guess is that her Spd would be between 30 to 35, closer towards 30, maybe 28 or 29 if they really want to maximize that Atk/Res. I can see her Def going into the mid to low 20s, but I do not see the same happening for her Spd.

Micaiah's previous versions have 20-28 Spd and 17-19 Def.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Micaiah's previous versions have 20-28 Spd and 17-19 Def.

In fairness, Micaiah has never been a unit blessed with super-high BST.

• Normal Micaiah, who was released near the beginning of Book II (after units began to receive higher BST than Book I units), has a BST of 151, with a spread of 35/35/28/18/35 no Resplendent bonus.
  • Summer's Dawn Micaiah, who is a ranged Dancer, has a BST of 139, spread of 33/34/20/18/34
  • Brave Micaiah and Bridal Micaiah both have BST of 155. Brave has a spread of 36/37/28/17/37. Bridal has a spread of 39/39/20/19/38

We have here a Legendary Micaiah who will have Ranged Infantry post-CYL5 growths (if that matters, otherwise just book V bonuses), of which Brave Marianne has a BST of 171, and she has it spread between her Atk/Spd/Res. Micaiah is very likely to break at least 45 in Atk and Res, so her Spd at the very least should be salvagable.

Her Defense meanwhile... it might break 20 this time?

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

In fairness, Micaiah has never been a unit blessed with super-high BST.

• Normal Micaiah, who was released near the beginning of Book II (after units began to receive higher BST than Book I units), has a BST of 151, with a spread of 35/35/28/18/35 no Resplendent bonus.
  • Summer's Dawn Micaiah, who is a ranged Dancer, has a BST of 139, spread of 33/34/20/18/34
  • Brave Micaiah and Bridal Micaiah both have BST of 155. Brave has a spread of 36/37/28/17/37. Bridal has a spread of 39/39/20/19/38

We have here a Legendary Micaiah who will have Ranged Infantry post-CYL5 growths (if that matters, otherwise just book V bonuses), of which Brave Marianne has a BST of 171, and she has it spread between her Atk/Spd/Res. Micaiah is very likely to break at least 45 in Atk and Res, so her Spd at the very least should be salvagable.

Her Defense meanwhile... it might break 20 this time?

That's true. It looks like the highest current Atk stat is a tie for 45, while the highest Res is Ronan at 42.

Micaiah shows up with 38 max HP. She takes a hit from a Bow Cavalier from 2-7-4, which has 52 Atk but only 20 damage. Her A/B/C skills reduce the damage by 13 total, so she appears to have 19 Def without them. (Not sure if she's getting any from Sothe.)

If she matches the current Atk/Res maxes at 45 and 42 and has a BST of 171, that puts her Spd at 27.

Edit: That same battle suggests she's got an out-of-combat Atk of 66. Her weapon and Fury contribute 21, while Sothe is probably contributing about +3, which would put her Atk at 42 and move her Spd up to at least 30.

Edited by Othin

People really be underestimating L Micaiah just because she's not bonkers ridiculous like L Sigurd. Brash Assault + Desperation may not be unique but it's still effective.

I do wish she had Null C-Disrupt somewhere, though.

14 hours ago, XRay said:

Decent does not mean bad.  Shoot, it doesn't even mean average!  If a unit is not Meta-breaking, it's the definition of 'Decent'.  Definitions of Decent:

1)  Conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc.
2)  Respectable, Worthy
3)  adequate, fair, passable
4)  king, obliging, generous
5)  suitable, appropriate
6)  of fairly attractive appearance

Definitions 2, 3, and 5 specifically.

L!Micaiah is decently good by definition.

36 minutes ago, Ouzyxol said:

Decent does not mean bad.  Shoot, it doesn't even mean average!  If a unit is not Meta-breaking, it's the definition of 'Decent'.  Definitions of Decent:

1)  Conforming to the recognized standard of propriety, good taste, modesty, etc.
2)  Respectable, Worthy
3)  adequate, fair, passable
4)  king, obliging, generous
5)  suitable, appropriate
6)  of fairly attractive appearance

Definitions 2, 3, and 5 specifically.

L!Micaiah is decently good by definition.

You said she was more underwhelming than strong, which is what I disagree with. She is relatively boring as a nuke, but most nukes out there all ultimately revolve around hitting twice with some form of Desperation in between anyways. Even Blazing nukes at its most basic level essentially boils down to hitting twice with "Desperation" between the Blazing hit and the in combat hit.

17 hours ago, Ouzyxol said:

Seems... decent.  Tbh, lately the Legendries and Mythics have either been to strong or underwhelming.  Miccy here is slipping toward the latter category, much to my chagrin.

Edited by XRay

So at +10+0 merge with her base kit minus her A skill, Micaiah's stat spread with an Atk Asset is 42/67/35/23/45 out of combat and effectively 42/78/35/32/60 in combat against a ranged opponent.

A maxed out +10+20 Ophelia with her standard build hits Micaiah for 37+7=44 damage, which kills her, but Micaiah survives if she has +5 Res in combat or +2 Res out of combat. Lilina kills Ophelia on the counterattack by 6 damage.

A maxed out +10+10 Legendary Lilina with her standard build minus her B skill hits Micaiah for 26+17=43 damage, which kills her, but Micaiah survives if he has +3 Res in combat or +1 Res out of combat. If Lilina is running a Res Lull or Far Trace, Micaiah needs an additional +3 Res in combat or +2 Res out of combat on top of the previous number.

Additionally, with her comically low Def, she's pretty much guaranteed to get hit by Chilling Seal (after G Duel Cavalry is released), and her high Res makes her a likely target for Chill Res.

For Arena, I think that's a strong enough argument to run Res investment on her A skill and/or Sacred Seal.