Am I a masochist for using two archer in Thracia776?

Darnocius

So I picked up Thracia776 for the first time and since I am a fan of Makkah, I decided we’ll... Ronin is his favorite unit so OF COURSE I’m going to use Ronin my first time through.because that’s just what fanboys do!...

Then along cane Tanya. Not only did I like her growths BUT she supports Orsin and Dagdar, two of the best units in the game according to again Mekkah’s character guide. So since Ronin wasn’t there I figured might as well use her for chapter 1 and see what happens... 

Chapter 1 In all like... 

“Ooooh Capturing is fun! Hey Tanya! Can you chip this for me to set up a capture?”

And Tanya, well she said, “Sure Darnocius! No problem!” 

She defintely has her urs in setting up kills and captures.

I am playing this game partially blind, I’ve watched some videos about thracia 776 but In using the guide as he intended.

This game man... if you’re not paying attention you can miss some stuff! My first play through (I started over because I really wasn’t happy with Finn burning 8 brave lances on the boss by accident because I didn’t know how to read the damage display lol.. I was hell bent on capturing that knight because I thought the Long Sword was Cavalier effective as well and my first playthrough, I accidentally killed him.

My second playthrough I flunked into finding the Special Axe for Orsin because I always visited it with Finn and I was all like... I wonder if I visit with Orsin... 

BAM! Mind blown!

Anyways, back to my Tanya story. Before finding Ronin but after Tanya hits Level 3... Movement up.

Omg it’s a sign! It’s just like Mekkah’s playthrough with Ronin! I must use her! 

Theb I visit the house with Ronin and I’m torn.

My Mekkah fandom compels me but my inner fire emblem player and compulsive capturing self is well aware of the archer curse here. It’s made worse by the lack of capture command. 

Not going to lie though. Those movement stars on Ronan are pretty seeet. 

Is it a bad idea to field two archers full time in this game my first time playing it?

I wouldn't worry about archers not being able to capture. Even if they could, their stats would make them bad at it. Leave the capturing to Finn and Dagdar, they're actually made for it with their brave weapons and high strength and durability.

Tanya and Ronan are by no means "good units" but I call them High Effort instead of Bad for a reason. They need more care than other units. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with using them.