Legendary Hero Battle - Micaiah: Radiant Queen

Some Jerk

Shockingly, there are no Save shenanigans here.

(please help with tags, I can't think of any Micaiah memes)

QPSnkfy.jpeg

Lunatic Map:

Spoiler

pblrwcg.jpeg

Infernal/Abyssal Map:

Spoiler

wnYNtfO.jpeg

Edited by Some Jerk

We hardly knew ye.

@BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @Maaka @GuiltyLove @Wanda @daisy jane @Diovani Bressan

No seriously, where's the Near Save or Obstruct, Mister Sword Knight? I was not expecting to just be able to yeet Silvia straight into the enemy formation, but with no protection other than Miracle, with Odd Tempest Silvia was free to run Micaiah over on Turn 1. All Balldigan and Puddle had to do was punch out some stragglers on the side; the rest was all Silvia and Leanne, the former tearing up the North end of the map like a fucking hurricane, and the latter making mincemeat of all the mages in the South.

Pff this is an easy one-turn, time to bring out L!Leif. Miracle on Micaiah and Guard on the Lance Cav...

Guess I have to play this normally.

Spoiler

Still I'm trying to use CYL!Marianne, Harm!Dorothea, Harm!Catria with Velouria support. And... Verouria can't kill the Healer. I'll have to find someone else.

Not really a big fan of this map with the very limited space to move around in and all the ranged units huddled up together. Lance cav with Guard was also kind of annoying and I didn't even notice Micaiah had Miracle on her during my several attempts to one turn clear the map. Ninja weapons are still fun for one turn clearing. Hopefully they are adding an inheritable Ninja Bow this year.

@NSSKG151 The Anna squad is going strong as always. They really rock those Ninja weapons as they quad and Galeforce through Micaiah and her mooks. It was a short and sweet clear, very nice! 

- - - - - - 

When the map dropped I cheesed in 1 turn it with W!Altina and Bridal Micaiah because it is that easy to break. But I wanted to showcase Eirika's new form and that ended up in a SI spree (RIP Duo Ephraim manual, Igrene and 100 grails. Your sacrifices won't be forgotten). B!Eirika isn't so tanky that I can just put her in everyone's range and let her kill everything so I had to go the good ol' Galeforce route. Maybe one day I'll be able to showcase her mauling through super high Def units with an offensive special, probably if I ever bother to do an AR-O showcase.

22 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

@NSSKG151 The Anna squad is going strong as always. They really rock those Ninja weapons as they quad and Galeforce through Micaiah and her mooks. It was a short and sweet clear, very nice! 

- - - - - - 

When the map dropped I cheesed in 1 turn it with W!Altina and Bridal Micaiah because it is that easy to break. But I wanted to showcase Eirika's new form and that ended up in a SI spree (RIP Duo Ephraim manual, Igrene and 100 grails. Your sacrifices won't be forgotten). B!Eirika isn't so tanky that I can just put her in everyone's range and let her kill everything so I had to go the good ol' Galeforce route. Maybe one day I'll be able to showcase her mauling through super high Def units with an offensive special, probably if I ever bother to do an AR-O showcase.

Another excellent run! It's great to see B!Eirika in action so soon after her debut too, congrats on building her up so well! 😄

After a few attempts, I cleared Abyssal with Dedue, Flayn, Halloween Dozla, and Spring Idunn. Idunn gave Dozla a turn of safety from Micaiah's armor effectiveness, but killing her within that window proved tricky. Between Dedue and Dozla's Save skills, the rest was easy.

That must be the saddest armour unit i've ever seen. A firesweep sword and lunge on a one movement fridge makes for a very pathetic opponent. The rest of the units where a lot meaner to the Araphen boys, but fortunately Guinevere was there to knock another pretender of her throne. She already beat up Ashere for trying to show her up and now she's teaching Micaiah that there is only one OP light mage.

@Diovani Bressan @Landmaster @Unknown Gamer11 @BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy

@Some Jerk Well, not much to say. Smooth sailing since forever.

@NSSKG151 Nice Ninja weapons. Too bad there isn't a Ninja Bow or anything, not that it mattered.

@Alexmender Halfway to +10 already on Eirika, nice. Mine is only +1, didn't get very lucky and didn't have the orbs to spark twice (sparked Marianne first). I inherited Galeforce and Windsweep onto mine, but haven't really come up with a team for her yet in AR. Hard to get a grasp of what I need to complement her right now.

@Sasori Giant beam of light from the sky vs giant beam of light from the sky. Looks like you won that exchange easily, though. Guinivere's healing is so handy, too bad mine is -Atk.

@Landmaster @Diovani Bressan I didn't expect this to be that easy but it kinda was, and I didn't feel like trying for a harder clear.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Celica looking mighty fine with that Atk/Spd Ideal and the use of B!Marianne is also real good. For some reason I just can't get her to work with my teams. Maybe I'm too pea-brained to use Marianne properly, lol. 

I also only had enough orbs to do the 1st spark because the Goats baited me, but Eirika blessed me by shooing away the pity breakers so it was smooth sailing towards the +5, makes up for getting blasted during the Summer 2 banner. As for good teammates for her in AR, from all that I've tried I think Annette is going to be her BFF if she's nuking stuff. For Galeforce Eirika is best used as a WoM beacon, so Fury 3 (or 4 if you like to go all in like me) is a must. I find Windsweep to be a waste for B!Eirika as it removes what sets her apart from the other cavs, if you want a galeforcer that won't get countered outside NCD then Flow Refresh Ingrid's your girl. 

Yeah... Micaiah already didn't impress me that much as a unit (I know she is great, but she is the least interesting Legendary we got this year in my opinion), but her map? It's pathetic. I was sure expecting a Near Save Armor next to her to protect her low def. But nope.

Anyway... here's my normal clear, followed by a one-turn clear.

One-Turn Clear:

@daisy jane @Maaka @BoaFerox @mcsilas @Landmaster

@Some Jerk Yeah... Micaiah was too vulnerable to attacks in the beginning. Your dancers team did a great job, as always. I think I never mentioned it, but your Leanne was the reason I gave Distant Ward to my Leanne, from one of the many NY Selkies I got trying for NY Plumeria earlier this year (and I didn't get the fairy in the end).

@Alexmender Brave Eirika is such a great unit. She is, in my opinion, the best unit in this year's CYL. And you made very good use of her in your clear. I hope you can finish her next time she returns in a summoning event!

@Sasori So according to the bulleting board that has all the missions for all members of teh Order of Heroes, Guinivere was scheduled as babysitter this week... nice! Without a damaging special, Micaiah wouldn't take Guinivere down... even though she got close. And the twins + dagger boy alsy did their job as always.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Quick but effective. Your Celica + Marianne combo did very well taking down everyone on teh top of the map, while Eirika stayed in the bottom to get that random manakete by surprise. Nice clear.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Not that hard of a map once we got a strategy down, just was coming up short of being able to have my Special 1 Charge away when it was time to hit Micaiah. Kept wasting it on the Damage Reduction hit. But that was the only really hiccup~

I also needed Odd Recovery 1 so HS!Elise would stay in Desperation range (would have been easier if I just had Even Recovery).

@Some Jerk - Frenzy Silvia, another addition to your Silvia's Skill Roster for me to be jealous of. Getting rid of Micaiah on Turn 1 is certainly one way to do it. Leanne really gobbled up those Mages while Silvia ran wild on everyone else.

@NSSKG151 - Nice 1 Turn, those Quads really made the difference.

@Alexmender - The newest Eirika is the Offensive to OG!Eirika's Defensive Solos. She really tore through that map. Canto and Galeforce is a devastating combo to get her around the map.

@Sasori - Well if anyone's gonna end Micaiah by tanking, Guinivere's a great Res tank to do it. I see Chad has been munching on some Gatekeepers, too. He's actually a good choice for Close Reversal. I'll never not be impressed by your orphan trio.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Well that was fast. Guess if you can rampage the map that quickly, why not? I expected Eirika to participate in the Galeforcing fun but it was pretty much just Celica time.

@Diovani Bressan - Didn't really expect Lyon to destroy Micaiah as easily as he did. Also wasn't expecting Baby Innes to destroy the entire rest of the map as easily as he did, either.

I see that Brave Celica is just the premium choice to One-Turn this map.

@Alexmender Nice solo clear with the newest Eirika. She really got a nice Brave alt. Good luck getting the remaining merges for her.

@SatsumaFSoysoy That was a quick one. Micaiah just didn't stand a chance against all these Brave women.

@Landmaster Great clear! Pulse Smoke and Starfish didn't let Micaiah do anything.

@Some Jerk nominating "3-13 archer" as a tag, since Micaiah runs at you like the titular NPC.  And like the titular NPC, she shouldn't do that (if this is the map I'm thinking of, she can't leave a certain area, so having her run towards the player makes no sense).

Micaiah has Miracle to keep her alive, which wouldn't be so bad if Leon didn't come with Guard.  In other words, she went boom on Infernal.  The tight passageways made this a little more challenging, as I couldn't maneuver my dancers as freely.

9 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Celica looking mighty fine with that Atk/Spd Ideal and the use of B!Marianne is also real good. For some reason I just can't get her to work with my teams. Maybe I'm too pea-brained to use Marianne properly, lol. 

I also only had enough orbs to do the 1st spark because the Goats baited me, but Eirika blessed me by shooing away the pity breakers so it was smooth sailing towards the +5, makes up for getting blasted during the Summer 2 banner. As for good teammates for her in AR, from all that I've tried I think Annette is going to be her BFF if she's nuking stuff. For Galeforce Eirika is best used as a WoM beacon, so Fury 3 (or 4 if you like to go all in like me) is a must. I find Windsweep to be a waste for B!Eirika as it removes what sets her apart from the other cavs, if you want a galeforcer that won't get countered outside NCD then Flow Refresh Ingrid's your girl. 

I've been using BMarianne with ninja Lyn in AR, and it works quite well as long as I don't mess up my positioning.

Summer Freyja kinda screwed me over for a bit as well, my luck from late May to July was absolutely terrible. Luckily I managed to get one +Spd -Res SFreyja in the end. I have DC fodder for her, but I'm going to pair her with Far Save Henriette in AR.

I don't have Flow Refresh for Ingrid and my Ingrid is also -Atk, so screw that lol. Apparently despite everything, base kit Eirika still loses to Bonfire FEdel, so there is some merit to giving her Windsweep I think, just depends on your team. I'm inclined to keep her B anyway because Canto is helpful for turn 1 hit and run. I just don't know if I want that team to be full-on offense or to have her retreat behind a supertank yet.

7 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy That was a quick one. Micaiah just didn't stand a chance against all these Brave women.

It's ok, maybe her Brave version's refine will be good so she can join these girls.

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - Well that was fast. Guess if you can rampage the map that quickly, why not? I expected Eirika to participate in the Galeforcing fun but it was pretty much just Celica time.

It was hard to get her up top, but Eirika does control the bottom and left side really well. Not that I needed it.

The walls and trenches are restricting for Elise and Bath Elise, but nice to see you managed to apply them defensively very well. Pulse Smoke to remove Miracle was quite clutch.

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Quick but effective. Your Celica + Marianne combo did very well taking down everyone on teh top of the map, while Eirika stayed in the bottom to get that random manakete by surprise. Nice clear.

Maybe I'll swap between Marianne and Nyx as Kagero's replacement...

Damn, 0 damage from Micaiah on Lyon. Very powerful kid. My first thought was that you were going to blow right through Micaiah's damage reduction with Innes, but that wasn't even necessary. The map kinda just falls apart after that.

Y'know, maybe if I invested in some WoM, I could've one turned as well with a similar strat. But I was lazy.

@LoneStar Oh, I didn't see your earlier clear. Must have just skipped past the spoiler. We had a similar idea with Marianne indeed. YTana truly goes wherever she pleases with that teleport.

Didn't even need BCatria's duo skill on the one turn.

@Some Jerk Sylvia took quite a bit of abuse... Good thing Frenzy was there to reduce damage

@LoneStar Young Tana's movement is insane! It's nice to see Bridal Catria and Fallen Mareeta in the one-turn video. I have two Fallen Mareetas but I haven't used her at all.

@NSSKG151 That was a fast clear.  The Ninja weapons are a good investment.

@Diovani Bressan Young Innes and Lyon are so strong! Maybe I should build up Innes too.

@Landmaster It's surprising seeing someone beat Micaiah with a ranged unit! The Elises continue to impress 🙂

@BoaFerox @Unknown Gamer11 I didn't really like this map because of the cramped spaces. I decided to not do two videos because of that.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

And like the titular NPC, she shouldn't do that (if this is the map I'm thinking of, she can't leave a certain area, so having her run towards the player makes no sense).

Hmm... At first, I thought this was 1-F Daein, Arise!, the northernmost portion of the map, b/c its somewhere in Daein castle proper and this is supposed to be queen Miccy. But, you're right.:

fe10-part-3-chapter-13.jpg

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

@SatsumaFSoysoy
Thats always a nice bane to have on a unit. Your clear was cool, I briefly thought you'd one turn the map, but the final two units got in the way. I've never seen much of CYL Mariane, but she looks more potent then I gave her credit for with that dance skill.

Also nice going on the thumbnail.

@Diovani Bressan
I'm sure Guinevere doesn't mind a little community service . The boys might not like a bern babysitter though XD. I had some trouble with this map with Micaiah so in your face, but then I remembered Guinevere ate mages for breakfast.

Though she might need a few lessons from little Lyon since he took zero damage from her. Yinnes also showed a lot of firepower while Seteth was the sitter on your team. Mine is almost +10 so its neat to see him with both his base weapon and with the brave lance set.

@Landmaster
Nier music 10/10!

I was wondering how your Elise's would do this. Half of the team are cavs and Micaiah is such a nuke that even the non cav Elise's might be in trouble. A change into a desperation weapon seemed to have done the trick.

And I got myself 3 gatekeepers. One for Chad, one for Asbel and one for keeps.

• 2 weeks later...

@Some Jerk Always a treat to see those offensive dancers. Silvia taking care of Micaiah so quick made the map much easier to handle for the rest. Nice clear!

@NSSKG151 Great job by the Annas, very nice one turn clear! I love the ninja weapons myself, they see a ton of use. Both stronger and faster as well as lowered defenses to get into Wings range? I'll take a dozen!

@Sasori Great clear, Guinivere tanks some impressive hits. That armor build really puzzled me as well, it's so gimmicky and doesn't really do anything for the map.

@Alexmender Very nice display for Brave Eirika! I'm merging her up myself, she's a ton of fun to use. Good luck on getting more copies in the future!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Thought you might be one turning it when I saw the team! Still dealt with the map very swiftly though, great use of the new Brave units. Nice clear!

@Diovani Bressan Nice clears! Young Innes is so nice. And Brave Celica flexed by taking out the blue cav in the one turn clear. 

@Landmaster Good job by the Elises as usual. Was fun to see bath Elise destroy Micaiah like that, always funny when a unit takes out something that would do 99 damage to them if it were to hit.

@GuiltyLove Triangle Attack! Brave Spring Est is a serious menace. Nice Whitewing clear!

It's been a while since I posted here. Been busy, but I've kept up with the one turn clears at least, so I'm going to try posting some of them.
This map was a weird one, really expected there to be a Save skill armor to represent Black Knight, but instead we got this really weird one with a Threaten skill...

The Tanas brought their newly Braved friend for this map! I figure Eirika with a ponytail is the closest to Brave Tana it's ever going to get, and she's extremely good for Galeforce as well so I expect to use her a lot for these in the future.

• 1 month later...

Late on some comments but better late than never~~

@GuiltyLove - That was quite the clear for your Catria ft Est team. They maneuvered perfectly and there was no point where they were in any real danger. Very nice work!

@BoaFerox - Nice work on that One Turn! Baby Tana's range makes these a lot easier to plan out. B!Eirika leading the charge was nice to see~

• 1 month later...

This time I did this without a dedicated Whitewings team. The only one was the sword Catria. This map was actually a big problem for me and took me a very long time. I was trying it with so many of my other units, including bow Hinoka, flying Nino, Myrrh, Legendary Robin, and others, but it just wouldn't work. At least I can rely on these units!