Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
drattakbowser

Over 200 attack damage ? (Critical excluded)

Recommended Posts

Without a crit...maybe?

If you somehow grind Dimitri to the max level on some of the earliest levels in the game, give him the strongest weapon possible, use his best Weapon Art (available at the moment), and have him activate his crest while fighting something like a mage or healer in order double the damage, then maybe? Dimitri clearly wouldn't have Atrocity or his Relic, but who knows how strong that would be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

If you somehow grind Dimitri to the max level on some of the earliest levels in the game, give him the strongest weapon possible, use his best Weapon Art (available at the moment), and have him activate his crest while fighting something like a mage or healer in order double the damage, then maybe? Dimitri clearly wouldn't have Atrocity or his Relic, but who knows how strong that would be. 

I think you hit on the right idea to use Dimitri; his crest activating makes this quite easy actually. To do 200 damage, he needs 100 more atk than the prot of the enemy he's facing. Even lategame you should be able to find some mage or priest with a prot of 10 or so, so you need ~110.

Atrocity+Areadhbar = 53
Lancefaire = 58
King of Lions = 68
Death Blow = 74
Str+2 = 76
Paladin/High Lord class mod = 78

At this point Dimitri only needs 32 strength (which he averages by a level in the low 30's... before considering buffs like cooking, Advocate, Rally Str, or Defiant Str) to hit the damage required. In fact, staking enough of those other boosts even lets him do this on a 0% growths run.

Granted, if you want to argue that Crest of Blaiddyd counts as a different sort of "critical" then I think this gets much harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing this without relying on Dimitri's crest should also be possible, though considerably more difficult/less practical.

I'm going to have Edelgard use Lightning Axe with the Axe of Zoltan+, which is 20 base might, tripled to 60 might against armour units. Edelgard has a max magic stat of 72, but this can be incresed to the hard cap of 99 through various bonuses (+5 from saint statue, +3 from cooking, +5 from being a gremory, +8 from defiant magic, +3 from transmute, +4 from rally magic). Her max res is 47 but that can similarly be boosted up by bonuses to 74 (all the same bonuses plus defiant res). This gives Lightning Axe a might of 4 + floor (0.3 x 74) = 26. This already gives us a might of 99 + 60 + 26 = 185, and then we can stack all sorts of bonuses on top of that.

Ordelia Sorcery Co. gives +8, Fiendish Blow gives +6, Axefaire gives +5, linked attack with Hubert gives +3, linked attack with Byleth (with an S support from NG+) gives +5, Sacred Power gives +3, crest activation gives +5. That's a total of +35, for a total might of 220.

Crimson Flower, Chapter 16 (the next one after getting the Axe of Zoltan) has Fortress Knights who have 7 res. This can be lowered to 1 by hitting them with Seal Res before making the attack. This would give a total damage of 219 if I've done my calculations right. And still over 200 if I've made a small calculation error or if you don't optimise quite as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vengeance on Dedue would be your best bet. There's a reason why a base Cyril can one shot Nemesis.

A level 40 Great Knight Dedue coming from Fighter -> Brigand ->Warrior -> War Master would average around ~70 HP and 36 Strength. That by itself would be 108 attack. Now lets tack on every Strength Booster in the game.

113 Lancefaire
118 S+ Lancefaire
120 Strength +2
128 Defiant Strength
134 Deathblow
139 HP +5
148 King of Beasts Meal x3
170 Lance of Ruin
173 Sacred Power
176 Charm
179 A Rank Dimtri Link Attack
183 Rally Strength
193 King of Lions Battalion
196 Advocate
201 Seraph Robe

He wouldn't need that Seraph Robe and a couple of other things if you used the Spear Assval on a cavalry unit, as that'd be difference of 39 Might vs  the Lance of Ruin's 22.

He could also benefit from the Blaiddyd Crest Stone like Dimtri on NG+, so he could reach reach that 200 attack benchmark that way without needing anything that's listed on here. If you added that plus a crit, he'd break the displayed damage cap of 999 damage.

Edited by LoneRecon400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, LoneRecon400 said:

Vengeance on Dedue would be your best bet. There's a reason why a base Cyril can one shot Nemesis.

A level 40 Great Knight Dedue coming from Fighter -> Brigand ->Warrior -> War Master would average around ~70 HP and 36 Strength. That by itself would be 108 attack. Now lets tack on every Strength Booster in the game.

113 Lancefaire
118 S+ Lancefaire
120 Strength +2
128 Defiant Strength
134 Deathblow
139 HP +5
148 King of Beasts Meal x3
170 Lance of Ruin
173 Sacred Power
176 Charm
179 A Rank Dimtri Link Attack
183 Rally Strength
193 King of Lions Battalion
196 Advocate
201 Seraph Robe

He wouldn't need that Seraph Robe and a couple of other things if you used the Spear Assval on a cavalry unit, as that'd be difference of 39 Might vs  the Lance of Ruin's 22.

He could also benefit from the Blaiddyd Crest Stone like Dimtri on NG+, so he could reach reach that 200 attack benchmark that way without needing anything that's listed on here. If you added that plus a crit, he'd break the displayed damage cap of 999 damage.

Why use expected stats? Through farming stat boosters it should be possible to get him to capped HP and STR. Also you can get some extra damage out of using the Lance of Ruin against a monster with Lance weakness, since that will give the effective 44 damage. Finding a monster with low defense may be tricky but you can always seal defense. No miasma though since it's impossible to have Hubert and Dedue on the same route. There is a monster with lance weakness in the Mercedes/Caspar paralogue 

I know there's at least one chapter in SS part 2 where there are 5 days off, so you can cook four times and then go to battle on the 5th to find a monster. 

image.png.c1e062fa699d06e9a2d668acef196b5a.png

I forgot that there's a dish that boosts both HP and STR so add an extra +3. With Blaiddyd/Crit for x6 damage, I counted 1,830 damage. Well over the damage limit. That said, you'll need to subtract 6 times the monster's defense.

In case defense is going to be an issue, you can hold on to the "maintaining your training" quest from Seteth in part 1, where there are some low DEF thieves you can hit. You obviously won't get lance weakness, but you should be able to find someone with low enough defense to hit. In the event you want to find a cav unit to hit with spear of Assal, you also have the adrestian knights training and Felix's bonus battle quest.

EDIT: Forgot Nuvelle Chamberlain co. Battalion, which can give +4 str for an extra 24 damage.

Edited by OriginalRaisins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OriginalRaisins said:

Why use expected stats? Through farming stat boosters it should be possible to get him to capped HP and STR. Also you can get some extra damage out of using the Lance of Ruin against a monster with Lance weakness,

I forgot that there's a dish that boosts both HP and STR so add an extra +3.

In case defense is going to be an issue, you can hold on to the "maintaining your training" quest from Seteth in part 1.

I just wanted to show how overkill Vengeance is, so that's why I went with Expected Stats rather than Capped Stats. I'm pretty sure Dedue can't even hit his HP Cap even with heavy Gardening abuse since Fruits of Life only give 1 HP a pop. Only way to get him to that would be to grind on Normal Mode or use the Dancer EXP Exploit. Fair point on the Monster Weakness though.

King of Beast Steak would be better than Sacred Beast Roast since the former gives +3 HP while the latter gives +1 HP and +1 Strength instead. It's about a 4 damage difference.

I don't think trying to maximize damage before the timeskip wouldn't work. Not only would you be missing out A Rank Dimtri Support and King of Lions Battalion, you'd also miss out on a 4th week of cooking since there's no 5 week month in Part 1. It'd really depend on how much tougher Monsters in Part 2 Aux Battles are compared to Part 1 Quest enemies. I don't have hard stats on that, but I'd be willing to bet that they're not that bulkier to the extent it'd overcome the might difference.

Edited by LoneRecon400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LoneRecon400 said:

I don't think trying to maximize damage before the timeskip wouldn't work. Not only would you be missing out A Rank Dimtri Support and King of Lions Battalion, you'd also miss out on a 4th week of cooking since there's no 5 week month in Part 1. It'd really depend on how much tougher Monsters in Part 2 Aux Battles are compared to Part 1 Quest enemies. I don't have hard stats on that, but I'd be willing to bet that they're not that bulkier to the extent it'd overcome the might difference.

Can't you keep the part 1 quest into part 2? That's why I brought it up in the message earlier. I'm pretty sure if you just don't complete it, it's still available to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OriginalRaisins said:

Can't you keep the part 1 quest into part 2?

Nope. They just cease to exist by the time Part 2 rolls around if you don't do them.

Edited by LoneRecon400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LoneRecon400 said:

Nope. They just cease to exist by the time Part 2 rolls around if you don't do them.

I was wrong then. A monster in the Mercedes paralogue may be the best bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OriginalRaisins said:

I was wrong then. A monster in the Mercedes paralogue may be the best bet.

Eh, those guys are pretty bulky. 23 Defense ain't nothing.

Giant Birds in random monster Aux Battles would be your best bet. I don't know how well they scale, but considering this example I'd say it's less the than the might difference of fighting non monster enemies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the birds have a non-bow weakness? I know the ones in Sothis's paralogue don't. The goal is to find the lowest defence that actually has a lance weakness - 23 defence is less than nothing when you're tripling the might of the Lance of Ruin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...