September's Special Heroes Sillhouettes

Diovani Bressan

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That hasn't stopped them before in other areas. They went with two straight FEH Duos (Peony & Triandra, Lif & Thrasir) just earlier this year when Thracia, Awakening, Fates, and TMS all had zero Duo Heroes (and only Fates has gotten a Duo Hero out of those four since).

At any rate, I feel we're definitely due for a new Fjorm alt sometime soon. She doesn't have to be a Duo / Harmonic lead, I just wouldn't be surprised if she was.

Harmonics appear to be much more game-balanced than Duos, since Harmonics are focused on use in the modes where origin game actually matters. So far, no game has gotten more than two Harmonics and only games that were part of the initial batch.

I think Duo Hero Fjorm and Laevatein is likely to happen at some point.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Which makes me think that, having low BST, it would be a pretty frail unit, or rather an unit that has very apparent flaws. either with average/Good Res, average attack and extremelly crappy Def, or with extremelly crappy Def and Res and average/good Atk (and maybe average/good Spd). If it is the latter then it wouldnt work as a dual phase unit but rather as a player phase that is awesome at assisting and good at killing but gets KO'd very easily (and we wouldnt be able to increase the Atk/Spd and decrease the already crappy Def/Res since Staff units can't have Life and death). Whether it would be an unit that is only useful for assist or for both assist and attacking would highly depend on the effects of the staff. 

Combat performance does not matter on a support unit and vice versa, and for a Dancer/Singer on defense, having good combat performance is detrimental since Dancers/Singers are more likely to attack rather than Dance/Sing.

The only unit I can think of that can actually do support and combat well at the same time is Gunnthrá because Chilling Seal is so strong and Blizzard works very well with it.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Combat performance does not matter on a support unit and vice versa, and for a Dancer/Singer on defense, having good combat performance is detrimental since Dancers/Singers are more likely to attack rather than Dance/Sing.

The only unit I can think of that can actually do support and combat well at the same time is Gunnthrá because Chilling Seal is so strong and Blizzard works very well with it.

Any support unit can be a backup combat unit, so saying combat performance doesn't matter for them is completely false. I've had many significant instances of my healers dealing damage to chip or finish enemies, and my Duo Hilda in particular has a build where she uses Pain+ to break through tanks while having her duo skill to trip up defense teams vulnerable to it.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Any support unit can be a backup combat unit, so saying combat performance doesn't matter for them is completely false. I've had many significant instances of my healers dealing damage to chip or finish enemies, and my Duo Hilda in particular has a build where she uses Pain+ to break through tanks while having her duo skill to trip up defense teams vulnerable to it.

Having good combat performance is nice on a support unit, but the primary reason you are bringing the support unit is not because of combat performance. If a support unit's support performance is good, its combat performance does not matter because players will still bring them anyways.

So, I guess "Day of the Twelve" is referring to FE4+5's 12 heroes, right? So, I guess the units here will be dressed up as the heroes? I don't know enough about them to really know what to expect. That said, hats appear to most definitely be involved.

Left guy has swoop-y hair. Right gal has short hair (which reminds me of Bernadetta, Mist, and some others.)

Whoever's on here, there's likely to be only 1 actual representative from the region the celebration comes from (FE4/5 in this case), given the other culture festivals (Tharja for the Plegia one, and Hana for the ninja one, for example.)

I definitely think the right really looks more like a female staff unit, I think it could be Nino or Nanna. The left one looked more like a Man, I do see top of the head looked like he's wearing a Crown that could be Gangrel.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

Staff Dancers/Singers would be nice for dual phase units. I guess they are nice for player phase teams that do not use Wings of Mercy too, but that type of team feels kind of slow and inflexible.

I really think a Staff Dancer/Singer would be really difficult to pull it in Heroes since they need a Dance or Sing command and Heal command and they have to choose either one of them to pull the command in as well.

42 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I really think a Staff Dancer/Singer would be really difficult to pull it in Heroes since they need a Dance or Sing command and Heal command and they have to choose either one of them to pull the command in as well.

We already have staves for Reposition, Draw Back, and Shove. Making Dance into a staff is trivial:

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

We already have staff versions of movement Assist skills, so we can already predict what a staff dance skill would look like:

Restores HP = 50% of unit's Atk (min 8 HP) to target ally and, if target ally does not have Sing or Dance, grants another action to target ally.

Using this skill has no effect on Special cooldown charge and unit does not gain EXP or SP.

(This skill treated as Sing or Dance.)

This skill can only be equipped by its original unit.

I'm guessing Lewyn on the left and Nanna on the right. I wouldn't mind if it was all Jugdral characters since it would be a banner I could safely ignore. I would like to have orbs saved up for when another Archanea themed new heroes banner shows up, maybe even the halloween/ninja/winter seasonal banners depending on who is on them.

Fuck. I was just looking at my Heroes list and realizing Julia doesn't have an alt yet and thinking it would be nice to get a Julia alt... and I look up and see the trailer on my YouTube front page with Julia as the thumbnail.

It doesn't look like the video is listed on the Nintendo Mobile channel yet, but here's the link to it in the meantime: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zeE9V83BnI. EDIT: It's now listed.

The Harmonic is a bit of a cop-out, but it's also our first male-male pair. So, yay to people who were complaining about that?

Edited by Ice Dragon

Kind of boring lineup. No new characters, no Thracia characters excluding Leif and Nanna.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Fuck. I was just looking at my Heroes list and realizing Julia doesn't have an alt yet and thinking it would be nice to get a Julia alt... and I look up and see the trailer on my YouTube front page with Julia as the thumbnail.

But this is her third alt?

Just now, Baldrick said:

Kind of boring lineup. No new characters, no Thracia characters excluding Leif and Nanna.

But this is her third alt?

Yeah, even as a big Jugdral fan, I found this quite dull. Lot of characters who haven't had seasonal alts yet, but they don't really feel like seasonal alts anyway. I'd be down for dancer versions of them, but as-is... what exactly is this contributing? An even more ridiculous bow cav Leif? We've got our first demote staff flier, I guess. Wonder what her weapon will do.

A Leif and Seliph duo is neat, but it had no reason to be a Harmonic. At least Sanaki and Altina were from different eras, these two were both playable in FE4.

I guess this banner contributes a Duo with two males, for those who care about hypothetical penises on meta characters in their gacha game.

I allowed myself to get excited at the possibility that maybe Pirate Lifis was hinting at something like Dancer Perne.

Edited by Baldrick

Since I did seen the trailer, I was expecting something more of a Dancer Banner, I didn't expect that we get an another Judgral exclusive Seasonal Banner again. I'm kind of wondered where does those Hats and Crowns suppose to be used for the Festival since I didn't see any of the 12 Crusaders from any of the Artworks from used those types of outfits.

So, this is an interesting banner and I'm always happy to get more Jugdral. But this cast choice is ... pretty boring. Leif and Seliph being the first male-male Harmonic, as well as both being lords, is a nice first. But getting yet another Julia isn't great, even if this is technically her first seasonal alt. Since there are other Jugdral female characters who haven't gotten even one alt yet. Lewyn and Nanna aren't too exciting, although I am more okay with the latter. Lewyn seems a bit out of place because he's the only first gen character here and it feels a bit of a shame that we didn't get at least one new character here.

But I still am overall okay with this banner.

Well, I'm happy that Leif and Seliph are getting some cousin time together, but this is kind of upsetting. If we couldn't have actual ninjas (with Hana being at least Hoshidan but not from the ninja culture) on the ninja banner and only had Tharja for the Plegian banner, then why is it that only FE4/5 characters are here for this crusaders banner? This is kind of taking up Brave costume options for them, too. I guess I'll free pull for the cousins and then leave this banner alone. It's frustrating because of wanting actual representation on previous banners and only getting it now (and completely excluding others not from those games who could be part of this. Like, I could see Hanneman and/or Linhard looking into the crusaders and partaking in the festival to compare it to their own world's heroes.) Feels like a waste no matter how you look at it. And, actually, it could've been awesome to see, for example, Sety and Rhea as a harmonic unit trying to hide their secrets but kind of hinting at them at the same time. That would've been great with this theme. (If the theme was somewhat different, then more of the character choices would've made better sense, I think.)

So we got the Scion units. Glad that it isn't another Dancer banner -- we don't need another Dancer Sigurd or some other BS like that.

Scion Larcei literally has the axe version of Byleth's Creator Sword with combat stat boosts. So it's only a matter of time before the Creator Sword itself gets powercreeped by an actual sword weapon.

If Legendary Leif is bad to fight against, then Scion Leif is probably worse -- gets Miracle and Canto 1 in his weapon in addition to what's basically Ranged Galeforce. And since Scion Leif is a pair, he works with Duo Hindrance in AR-D. It's worth noting that this is the first male-only Harmonic pair (for first male-only pair, we already have Ephraim+Lyon).

Scion Julia is cute and has a neat inheritable tome -- Renewal 4 and free +5 Atk/Spd for both phases for just existing. Scion Lewyn has the blue version of that tome.

Very curious to see Scion Nanna since she's the F2P staff flier!

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

I guess this banner contributes a Duo with two males, for those who care about hypothetical penises on meta characters in their gacha game.

I can add more with trans headcanons.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So, this is an interesting banner and I'm always happy to get more Jugdral. But this cast choice is ... pretty boring. Leif and Seliph being the first male-male Harmonic, as well as both being lords, is a nice first. But getting yet another Julia isn't great, even if this is technically her first seasonal alt. Since there are other Jugdral female characters who haven't gotten even one alt yet. Lewyn and Nanna aren't too exciting, although I am more okay with the latter. Lewyn seems a bit out of place because he's the only first gen character here and it feels a bit of a shame that we didn't get at least one new character here.

But I still am overall okay with this banner.

Feels like Dierdre would have been a better fit. It'd also mean getting a second Gen 1 unit rather than a third Gen 2 one.

Larcei looks very cute in that outfit, but I can't justify pulling for her when I already have a +10 Ninja Hana. For some reason I couldn't recognize this new Julia alt as herself, I thought she'd be some Thracia character that I don't know anything about. 

I don't care too much about the others, although Gen 2 Lewyn is an interesting pick. Well, at least that makes it easy for me to start saving orbs for the last 5 B!Eirika merges.

I guess I am happy and disappointed at the same time. I am happy that I am only going to be focusing on the Harmonized Hero instead of all the units if they were Dancers/Singers, so I am saving Orbs. However, by the same token, I am disappointed too because there are no new Dancers/Singers. I guess I will just summon a second Sigurd: Destined Duo, and maybe even a second Azura: Lady of Ballads and Berkut: Debonair Noble too.

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I do not think it is difficult. If they can combine positioning Assists like Reposition with healing Assists, then I do not think it takes that much more effort to combine Dance/Sing with a healing Assist.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Larcei looks very cute in that outfit, but I can't justify pulling for her when I already have a +10 Ninja Hana. For some reason I couldn't recognize this new Julia alt as herself, I thought she'd be some Thracia character that I don't know anything about. 

I don't care too much about the others, although Gen 2 Lewyn is an interesting pick. Well, at least that makes it easy for me to start saving orbs for the last 5 B!Eirika merges.

Even with my familiarity with Jugdral, I took a while to place her.

5 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

then why is it that only FE4/5 characters are here for this crusaders banner? 

Jugdral kind of needs it, but mixed game seasonals are a good idea in general. The pirate banner was exactly what I wanted, you had the popular units from popular games selling the banner, and instead of giving another freebie popular character, there was an actually obscure character given a little spotlight.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Feels like Dierdre would have been a better fit. It'd also mean getting a second Gen 1 unit rather than a third Gen 2 one.

Ares and Altena are the ones missing, as in if the banner would be mirroring last year's dancer banner.

Maybe Delmud too.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Oh yeah, Deirdre is only a cheerleader to Sigurd. Would've totally been fine with Deirdre getting the spot over Julia.