September's Special Heroes Sillhouettes

Diovani Bressan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lewyn seems a bit out of place because he's the only first gen character here and it feels a bit of a shame that we didn't get at least one new character here.

You could make him fit in more, if you made his personality sufficiently jerky like his Gen 2 self. They are kinda sorta Kaga said maybe they are possibly two different people altogether "I'll let each fan decide".

11 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But getting yet another Julia isn't great, even if this is technically her first seasonal alt.

I know this isn't Julia's fault, but in the case of a number of characters from Gen 2 (Leif, Altena, and Seliph not among them), being visual clones of their same-sex parent doesn't help them. Can't say if anyone here is feeling "another Deidre", but I could see someone feeling that way.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can't say if anyone here is feeling "another Deidre", but I could see someone feeling that way.

Julia has straight hair. Dierdre has wavy hair.

That's enough of a difference because straight hair is vastly superior to wavy hair and you can meet me after school behind the gym if you think otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Jugdral kind of needs it, but mixed game seasonals are a good idea in general. The pirate banner was exactly what I wanted, you had the popular units from popular games selling the banner, and instead of giving another freebie popular character, there was an actually obscure character given a little spotlight.

Personally, I would have much rather the story take precedence. Like, if it was all about Saizo trying to get Asugi to appreciate his heritage, but Asugi was just there for the festival food, and Kaze and Midori were attending too (with Kaze trying to calm down and cheer up his brother while Midori was all excited about the ninja stuff and naturally rubbing off on her cousin a bit), then that would have been wonderful, especially since Asugi isn't in the game yet and Midori doesn't have ninja art. Also, just, Shura. He wants to rebuild the ninja village he came from, so going to a ninja culture festival would be surreal and maybe very emotional for him.

Anyway, ANY of the actual ninjas (except for Kagero -- we have enough of her) would've been much better than Hana imo.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know this isn't Julia's fault, but in the case of a number of characters from Gen 2 (Leif, Altena, and Seliph not among them), being visual clones of their same-sex parent doesn't help them. Can't say if anyone here is feeling "another Deidre", but I could see someone feeling that way.

You know what they could do about Gen 2 characters but not making them feeling "clone-y"? The substitutes. Bring out the good ol' subs. I love the holy kids, but I would unleash my orb stash on Laylea, Dimna, Tristan, and Linda without hesitation. Hell, I would even pull for Daisy.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, I meant that more in the "I'm getting tired of Julia overall" way, lol.

She's just kind of meh to me as a character, and feels like a space case in Heroes. Don't really think she needed to get a legendary before any of the Jugdral guys, as well as a busted Fallen alt, as well as a seasonal alt when she had all of the other alts already ... especially when Jugdral doesn't get a lot of alts in general.

So... I guess this is just the banner discussion thread as well?

• Larcei's axe looks like an upgraded Creator Sword. Or at least a Creator Sword who has a trigger condition to enable an extra stat boost. Seems perfectly suited to counter against popular armors and their popular effects, especially with a Sweep skill.
  • Gonna be honest, Julia and Lewyn are letdowns. Neither one of them feel necessary to summon, their weapons are alright but just as good weapons already exist and their "fodder" is kinda bleh.
  • Leif... eh. Not that exciting, to be honest. The bow is good not gonna lie, but I don't feel like I need to summon for him. The Harmonic effect is good, but they're all good that's not a very high bar to surpass.
  • The fact that this isn't a Dancer banner is extremely disappointing. Nanna would have made history as the first Staff dancer, and a freebie unit at that, but nope she'll probably be pretty standard as a staff flier...

...I know I say it about a lot of banners, but this one... man, it's kind of a letdown overall. The only thing notable about this banner is that it will be accompanied by the Ice and Flames 3 Tempest Trial.

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

The fact that this isn't a Dancer banner is extremely disappointing. Nanna would have made history as the first Staff dancer, and a freebie unit at that, but nope she'll probably be pretty standard as a staff flier...

I think that if this was a dancers banner, the staff dancer wouldn't be the free hero in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Well, I'm happy that Leif and Seliph are getting some cousin time together, but this is kind of upsetting. If we couldn't have actual ninjas (with Hana being at least Hoshidan but not from the ninja culture) on the ninja banner and only had Tharja for the Plegian banner, then why is it that only FE4/5 characters are here for this crusaders banner? This is kind of taking up Brave costume options for them, too. I guess I'll free pull for the cousins and then leave this banner alone. It's frustrating because of wanting actual representation on previous banners and only getting it now (and completely excluding others not from those games who could be part of this. Like, I could see Hanneman and/or Linhard looking into the crusaders and partaking in the festival to compare it to their own world's heroes.) Feels like a waste no matter how you look at it. And, actually, it could've been awesome to see, for example, Sety and Rhea as a harmonic unit trying to hide their secrets but kind of hinting at them at the same time. That would've been great with this theme. (If the theme was somewhat different, then more of the character choices would've made better sense, I think.)

They did this because the Ninja festival was the "Gather together some of the most popular of the ninja like characters from every FE (Navarre, Lyn, Zihark, probably they were hitting that in an actual FE Laevatein would be one of this swordmasters like units too,...)(I dont know about Hana, but if she isnt one of these then its just because she is from Hoshido) and give the guys badass clothes and the girls ninja fanservice clothes, also fast as fuck units with brave weapons", and I'm pretty sure they only did the Plegian festival because Plegia is the Land of Fanservice so they could put characters from lots of games there and give them Plegian clothes. Now IS probably thought that there shouldnt be any motive to put other game units in this 12 crusaders festival since there is almost no way to do fanservice out of this (any kind of fanservice), it sure feels like a waste, but they probably only did this to have a solo Jugdral banner again, otherwise this festival wouldnt exist anyway. To be honest I don't really mind solo game/world banner (like most of the valentines banners, the hottubs banner, the kids banner, lots of New year and summer banners were separated by game too even if sometimes we have more than one per year, we had christmas banners like this too, that dreamland fates banner...), it happens a lot, and sometimes is even some kind of a "tradition" for a game to own a specific banner (like 3 houses always has a solo banner for summer, the new year banners are mostly Hoshido and OCs, the soiree/dancer banner was for Jugdral (apparently breaking the cycle this year?)) so since IS probably didnt want to do other solo dancers banner now so they did something else for Jugdral this year so they wouldnt be left without any banner this year, I also heard people saying that they did it just to have an harmonic now so they can save the duo hero for the next seasonal banner (correct me if I'm wrong but I think it will be the halloween festival?)

Guess people can start to expect the heron cup again, if IS still decide to do a dancer banner later this year.

but I have to admit I really like the 3 houses idea with Hanneman, Lindhardt and Rhea/Sety harmonic, now I really wish it wasn't solo Jugdral too, or at least we could have had a new character this time. The good thing is, if people like this banner and it sells well, IS will probably do it again next year but with characters from other games because of fanart fanservice (probably the same motive they did the Plegian festival and Pirate festival, they knew people would want to see characters from other games using plegian/pirate clothes so they did it, now they made up this 12 crusaders festival do see if they can do the same again)

About the brave costume options for this characters, yeah I don't think we will see them too soon but there will always be other options anyway, I mean IS could do a brave alt for Gatekeeper, for a fucking character that dont even have a name! So we don't have to worry about that. Or maybe they did this weird costumes with crowns and hats exactly because they don't look like the 12 crusaders's actual clothes so they can save their attires for future brave alts. Who knows, maybe in some 10 years Lewyn will win and we can see it

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I guess I am happy and disappointed at the same time. I am happy that I am only going to be focusing on the Harmonized Hero instead of all the units if they were Dancers/Singers, so I am saving Orbs. However, by the same token, I am disappointed too because there are no new Dancers/Singers.

Yeah, I was really excited about having a Healer Dancer hero. I still hope we will have it someday.

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Larcei looks very cute in that outfit, but I can't justify pulling for her when I already have a +10 Ninja Hana. For some reason I couldn't recognize this new Julia alt as herself, I thought she'd be some Thracia character that I don't know anything about. 

I didn't reconize her too.

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I think that if this was a dancers banner, the staff dancer wouldn't be the free hero in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it wouldnt. Everyone knows that unless the other heroes of the banner were stellar or if the healer dancer was kinda meh, most players would want to give a try in this unit, so IS wouldnt be so stupid to give us this for free. Also TT units usually have inheritable weapons don't they? So a TT staff would have a pretty bad staff instead of a PRF. 

Well, what can I say? On principle I like this banner, lots of characters with no/few alts, the first F2P friendly staff flier (I mean, picking Camilla as your CYL3 choice was pretty F2P friendly imho) and also a male/male harmonic. Those are all positive things for the game, but I've gotta admit that I am not that invested. It's a shame we didn't get any new characters since Jugdral especially needs to squeeze in the many missing characters from their roster, but we did get Lifis and Vika last month, so it's whatever. Lewyn being GEN-2 would be pretty cool if confirmed and since he is the demote I will try for him and maybe Julia.

And speaking of Julia, I get being disappointed by her, but she just made history. We can finally make Julia Emblem, which is the first GotW emblem team possible. Some people probably think that having an emblem is a disgrace and no character should have four versions but I think it's just one more step towards equality.

Heroes has Alfonse, Veronica and Laevatein, Mystery has Marth and Caeda, Echoes has the lords, Binding has Roy and Lilina, Blazing has the lords, Sacred Stones had the lords, Radiant Dawn has Micaiah, Awakening has Chrom and many others, Fates has Camilla and many others, 3 Houses has Edelgard and Dimitri.

And now Genealogy has Julia, and without caveats like being the backpack of a Duo (RIP Camilla's dream of being the first character with two emblem teams) or having different names (RIP Brigid, Camus, Inigo, Masked Marth and others). We are now only missing Path of Radiance (easily solvable with another Ike) and Thracia (easily solvable with another Reinhardt or Leif. Or two more Mareeta IDK). Maybe I'm alone in giving this some kinf of importance but just like people are happy with having an harmonic for each game, I'm happy for this.

And also can't wait until we finally have a legendary (RIP Path of Radiance. L!Ashnard when?) and Mythic (RIP Sacred Stones. M!Morva when? RIP Thracia. Can M!Julius count as being from this game for his 5 seconds of screentime like Ishtar? RIP Path of Radiance again, can Dheg or Lehran count as being from PoR for no reason, pls?) for each game too.

Oh and obviously RIP TMS for all of the above.

4 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And speaking of Julia, I get being disappointed by her, but she just made history. We can finally make Julia Emblem, which is the first GotW emblem team possible. Some people probably think that having an emblem is a disgrace and no character should have four versions but I think it's just one more step towards equality.

I Think Julia has a fine amount of alts, for me the problem is not the NUMBER of alts per se but WHAT THEY ARE ABOUT. Like, Julia has 4 alts but they are her OG verion, Legendary (for obvious reasons), fallen (obvious reasons too) and one seasonal that makes sense (since is about the 12 crusaders). Or say, Edelgard, she has 5 alts, her OG version, Legendary, Brave, Spoiler alt (you know which one), and Fallen, all of them make sense too (The OG and legendary for obvious reasons, the brave because she was chosen so again obvious reasons, Spoiler cuz you know, and fallen is an alt that makes sense for her) she could even have one random seasonal and I wouldnt mind (which will probably be a summer alt since IS would love to make all of her dialogues be gags about how she can't swim). Or, you know Lucina, who has 6 alts, she has her OG version, masked Marth, Brave alt, Legendary, one seasonal (easter) and I think only the seasonal masked marth was kinda unecessary but is kinda justifiable since it was a duo, but all of her other alts make sense. Hector? 5 alts, OG version, Brave, Legendary, the problem are the 2 seasonals I think it would be more fair if it was just one, but he could even have an adult alt from his FE6 appearence and it would be fine, and if he had one less seasonal but his adult apearence instead it would still be 5 alts but it would be way more fair.

I think the problem is when a character has too many unecessary seasonals. Because it kind of steals other characters's places, think about it:

Tharja has 4 alts, which is less than the others I just said but 3 of them are seasonals! having her OG alt is obviously ok, the Plegian alt made sense too, but then she has 2  unecessary seasonals. Camilla too, she should have only her OG version, Adrift alt, and Brave, but besides those she has 4 more seasonals! Lyn should be fine having only her OG version, Legendary, Brave and one seasonal too, except that she has 4 seasonals instead of one. Tiki is also one of those characters that are alowed to have lots of alts, her OG version, OG kid version, Legendary version (maybe the OG kid version shouldnt exist and be just the L! alt, but ok its fine), and Fallen all make sense, and maybe a seasonal should be allowed too, but then she has 3 seasonals! Thats when it is unfair! also when one character has lots of alts in a short period of time is kinda annoying  but not really unfair.

Ok, maybe it would even be fair if these characters I had just said (Tharja, Camilla, Lyn, Tiki, whoever else has a lot of random seasonals) had just one more random seasonal besides "the seasonal that makes sense" (such as Plegian alt for Tharja, Fallen alt for Tiki, Adrift alt for Camilla and Azura), this way Tharja would have just one uncessary seasonal like Hector, but Camilla and Lyn would still have 3, and Tiki would have 2. You know, Ike has a fallen alt (one of those alts that makes sense) AND a seasonal (valentines) and it doesnt sounds like too much, or if Edelgard and Dimitri had a random seasonal each it would be ok too even if both of them have fallen alts too, as long as they don't have more than one of these. I think its only fair to have like 2 random seasonals if its a character like Dorothea, that doesn't have her OG version yet.

So nah, I don't think Julia has too many alts yet, OG version obviously doesn't count, Legendary doesn't really count too since she is not taking it away from anyone (she might be delaying other more deserved legendaries, but not really taking it away), Fallen is an alt that makes sense for her too so I don't consider it as taking it away from anyone, and now she gets a second seasonal that makes sense (even if she might be taking this one away, its just her second seasonal and the first wasnt a random one, also if it wasnt her now it would probably be Deirdre since IS would want someone with major Naga blood in this festival). So its not too much yet, but I think she has reached her fair llimit now, unless she gets a brave alt (because brave alts obviously dont count, specially now that we have to log in with the Nintendo account to vote, people choose them so obviously the popular waifus and lords with dozen alts are going to win instead of obscure characters)

Also, alter egos are fine (such as masked Marth for Lucina, Zeke for Camus, Spoiler for Edelgard, Eyvel for Brigid) 

Oh, sorry, this answer was WAY longger than I expected

They could have, at the very least, given Julia something besides a tome again. Because Julia also wielded staves in Genealogy (started with one, for that matter) but they decided to double up on red tome for her. Kind of like how legendary Micaiah really should've been a staff instead of giving her two colorless tomes.

And on the flip side, I'm torn about Nanna being a staff. On the one hand, free flying staff is amazing for anyone who wasn't able to pull a flying staff from the summoning pool. On the other hand, this may be Nanna's only alt and they wasted a chance for her to get something out of the box by making her a staff again.

@ARMADS!!!

To be clear, it's not like I don't get what they were doing with the ninja banner (it was more fantasy shonen than traditional or Hoshidan), but they actually have "ninja" as a culture in one of their games. The pirates one was nice because there were actual pirates across various games, but with the ninja one, it was already an established and distinct culture. I like these culture festival banners -- really highlights specific places in the series, and I think it's a smart use of intellectual property -- but this felt like a sploot. Wasted opportunity. And the ninja one still doesn't sit well with me, but maybe we'll get another one that's more focused on the actual ninjas. (I hope. There wasn't NEARLY enough development for them in their home games -- the most we got was SOMETIMES in support conversations, and, like, 1 chapter in whatever route (early in Birthright, late in Conquest, and I don't know if it even showed up in Revelations or not) with that one guy who I REALLY want to see Shura/Saizo/Kaze get to interact with. Would love him as a GHB or TT+ reward so he could take part in the festival as I described it.)

As for this one (the crusaders festival) besides Hanneman, Linhardt, and Rhea, it would be cool to maybe see Stefan (FE9/10) around, and maybe Emmeryn. You know -- those who inherit particular things. It's not like they couldn't have made it more interesting that way.

Oh, and I was more thinking about how Marth got Anri's outfit and how that's a cool way of going about it, but these guys got those "brave-style" outfits for non-brave alts, and it feels disorganized and makes me uncomfortable.

But all this is just how I feel about it personally, regardless of IS' reasoning (which I feel is a bit shallow in these cases.)