Special Heroes: Scions of Twelve

Ice Dragon

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gonna copy-paste don't mind me...

Just now, Xenomata said:

• Larcei's axe looks like an upgraded Creator Sword. Or at least a Creator Sword who has a trigger condition to enable an extra stat boost. Seems perfectly suited to counter against popular armors and their popular effects, especially with a Sweep skill.
  • Gonna be honest, Julia and Lewyn are letdowns. Neither one of them feel necessary to summon, their weapons are alright but just as good weapons already exist and their "fodder" is kinda bleh.
  • Leif... eh. Not that exciting, to be honest. The bow is good not gonna lie, but I don't feel like I need to summon for him. The Harmonic effect is good, but they're all good that's not a very high bar to surpass.
  • The fact that this isn't a Dancer banner is extremely disappointing. Nanna would have made history as the first Staff dancer, and a freebie unit at that, but nope she'll probably be pretty standard as a staff flier...

...I know I say it about a lot of banners, but this one... man, it's kind of a letdown overall. The only thing notable about this banner is that it will be accompanied by the Ice and Flames 3 Tempest Trial.

Lmao, Larcei seriously got an alt before her mother. Unfortunately for my orbs, that means I'm still pulling here regardless.

I can take or leave Julia and Leif + Seliph, but I'll be sure to pick up the 4* focus (Lewyn this time) as usual. I still lack Benny as well, so this works out nicely.

Added an edit to the OP that Nanna is the freebie.

So, we have our first male-male Harmonic Hero pair, our first Harmonic Hero from Thracia, and our first freebie flying staff.

The inheritable weapons have Recover Ring's effect and grants +5 Atk/Spd when the user's HP is 25% or higher.

Lakche's weapon is a Slaying Axe with +5 to all stats when the user's HP is 25% or higher, Null Follow-Up when the user's HP is 25% or higher, and nullifies Guard when the user's HP is 25% or higher and the user's Spd is higher than the opponent's Spd.

Leaf's weapon is a Slaying Bow with Canto [1], +5 to all stats on player phase or when the user's HP is 75% or higher, but only if the opponent is a tome or staff, and Miracle with the same condition.

I will quote myself.

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess I am happy and disappointed at the same time. I am happy that I am only going to be focusing on the Harmonized Hero instead of all the units if they were Dancers/Singers, so I am saving Orbs. However, by the same token, I am disappointed too because there are no new Dancers/Singers. I guess I will just summon a second Sigurd: Destined Duo, and maybe even a second Azura: Lady of Ballads and Berkut: Debonair Noble too.

To expand on it further:

I am not sure if I would summon for Larcei: Scion of Astra. I am tempted to summon two of her so I have more a few more tank busters for Arena Assault. And since she has Frenzy, she can probably go without Windsweep, saving me some fodder too.

Julia: Scion of the Saint can fight dragons a bit better than the average mage I guess, but you might as well use her other versions for that task since they got dragon effectiveness. I guess due to her color, you can use her to specifically fight Sothis and Garon since they neutralize dragon effectiveness.

Lewyn: Wind-Song Scrion is nice for Infantry Flash. It can help cut down on expensive Flashing Blade fodder for infantry Galeforce teams.

Leif: Destined Scion is nice, and he will be the unit I will focus on. He will be our second consistent ranged Galeforcer. Since he got super Miracle, I think I would take full advantage of that and not merge him to make it easier to land in Wings of Mercy range, and for Aether Raids, I might even forgo Desperation and use Lull Atk/Spd or AS Far Trace.

Edited by XRay

I think this doesn't mean we will not have a dancers banner this year. 

Maybe they moved the dancers banner to another month... Maybe to November. The first Fallen Heroes banner was in February, afterall. And Performance Arts was more a October banner (it started on Sep 30th).

I am not saying that dancers are coming in November. I am just saying that they can still happen but not guaranteed to.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, LoneStar said:

I'm not looking forward to dealing with H!Leif in pvp modes. You could deal with H!Mia using QR or just being faster than her, but this guy will always be annoying.

You can deal with him by being faster too, which should not be too difficult with the right support and Mythics. Lucina: Brave Princess is relatively cheap and she provides a decent Spd boost on top of Breath effect. The first Peony is free, although a second Peony and two Plumerias will be more difficult to obtain though.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I think this doesn't mean we will not have a dancers banner this year. 

Maybe they moved the dancers banner to another month... Maybe to November. The first Fallen Heroes banner was in February, afterall.

I am not saying that dancers are coming in November. I am just saying that they can still happen but not guaranteed to.

I feel a bit conflicted now the more I think about it. I hope that they do have a Dancer/Singer Special Heroes Foci this year, but at the same time I also kind of wish they do not because I want to save some Orbs.

On the matter of SeliphxLeif, all I'd like to say is that I do like seeing them together. They are the unusually aristocratic/royal cousins, and even more uniquely both main protagonists to boot. Cousins aren't a common thing in FE, despite such blood relations being common currency in the politics of the IRL aristocratic/royal societies of centuries past. And I am kind of fond of Leif, if not one for Seliph, so it's nice to see the lord of underdogs get a second alt. I do hope the two get a well-written support chain come an eventual Genealogy remake (but don't let it be consumed by Leif feeling inferiority toward Seliph).

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I feel a bit conflicted now the more I think about it. I hope that they do have a Dancer/Singer Special Heroes Foci this year, but at the same time I also kind of wish they do not because I want to save some Orbs.

Cue the Danse Macabre banner! Candy, choreography, and chthonic costumed characters. A hybrid concept sure to be a thriller!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the matter of SeliphxLeif, all I'd like to say is that I do like seeing them together. They are the unusually aristocratic/royal cousins, and even more uniquely both main protagonists to boot. Cousins aren't a common thing in FE, despite such blood relations being common currency in the politics of the IRL aristocratic/royal societies of centuries past. And I am kind of fond of Leif, if not one for Seliph, so it's nice to see the lord of underdogs get a second alt. I do hope the two get a well-written support chain come an eventual Genealogy remake (but don't let it be consumed by Leif feeling inferiority toward Seliph).

Well, Jugdral is where practically all the FE cousins went to, after all. XD

You know what? This banner would have been a great chance to bring in someone wielding Helswath, somehow. The two units from GotHW who wield it do not seem likely to appear as GHBs anytime soon compared to other more "popular" (read: sexy) enemy units.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cue the Danse Macabre banner! Candy, choreography, and chthonic costumed characters. A hybrid concept sure to be a thriller!

Only if we get Specter Knight's stage theme with it (which is just called "La Danse Macabre").

Given that Jaffar (who would be perfect for that) happens to share his Japanese VA (Yuuma Uchida) with Seliph, you might be onto something.

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

You know what? This banner would have been a great chance to bring in someone wielding Helswath, somehow. The two units from GotHW who wield it do not seem likely to appear as GHBs anytime soon compared to other more "popular" (read: sexy) enemy units.

The problem for that seems to be that they don't want to give weapons bound by Holy Blood to those who cannot wield them. This isn't like FE13, where presumably, the power of the Holy Weapons, and seals on those powers, have drastically declined with the passing of ages since Genealogy. And this isn't like 3H, where merely having any Crest will let you use a Relic without hurting yourself, if not letting you tap into it's Crest-specific (and often superfluous) Combat Art or bonus effect either.

Larcei would've been an okay-ish choice for Helswath, given AyraxLex is a very popular pairing. -But if we start delving into breaking FE4 canon and giving Minor-Blood people Holy Weapons they can't actually use in FE4, then we're certainly getting Naga!Seliph which should've been his Legendary and Valflame!Julia alts at some point the crime being Julius could use the Valflame alt much more.

Helswath is basically doomed. Unless "it was in Awakening!" means Flavia, Gregor, or Basilio can swing it in. It's not like the Helswath from Genealogy's time would actually bring 30 Mt, Distant Counter, and +20 Def +10 Res into FEH. Being watered down in Awakening won't make it any worse in this game. 

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Only if we get Specter Knight's stage theme with it (which is just called "La Danse Macabre").

I've called a certain 3H character "Donovan" before out of habit. On an unrelated note, Jerry isn't in yet, is he? I think he'd be a creative choice.😑

I seriously wouldn't put it past them to do something so unoriginal.

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Given that Jaffar (who would be perfect for that) happens to share his Japanese VA (Yuuma Uchida) with Seliph

My reaction to this:

Thats some variety there, although I do remember it being stated somewhere Jaffar isn't actually that old, and Seliph looks like he'd get a youthful/soft voice. He's just been inexplicably murdering people since he was a toddler and Nergal hadn't even met him yet IIRC.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Pretty okay banner. As far as Genealogy and Thracia go, the character choices are pretty standard. But, at the same time, it is nice to see Lewyn and Nanna get a seasonal alt, and it is nice to see Leif and Seliph as a Harmonic unit. I'd rather have seen Deirdre or Sara over Julia, though, just because Julia already had a couple of alts, even if they aren't seasonal alts. I'd also have rather seen Ayra over Larcei, but Larcei is cool, too.

Looks like IS found out that there is another gender besides females and Xander that could be used for Harmonic Heroes. The banner looks good for Jugdral fans even though Julia's and Lewyn's Prf weapons look underwhelming. Well, I'm kind of glad it turned out like this because I wanted to skip the banner. Free staff flyer is nice even though I have Flayn already but maybe Nanna will have nice fodder on her.

Thoughts on units:

Lakche looks like she'll be a pretty good Windsweeper if you need one, though a build with her default Frenzy also works. She's currently one of the few units with "Null Guard", which is pretty nice, at least.

Based on the fact that the inheritable weapons grant Spd, it seems like we might have a fast Julia this time around. It doesn't seem like she's anything terribly special other than the fact that she's a (presumably fast) flying red tome unit with Light and Dark.

Levn is... eh. Blue tome infantry hasn't really been Spd crept very much, so maybe he can strike out a niche there. But he's also the 4-star unit, so... eh.

The inheritable tomes are interesting. +5 Atk/Spd with an easy condition is pretty nice. It's clear that they're trying to make more weapons not compatible with Desperation, though I'm not sure if the healing is quite strong enough to make up for losing Desperation. Julia has consistently had very high Res, so she can probably fight tomes and dragons well enough without Desperation, but I'm not so sure about Levn. The biggest issue is that they're very similar to the Litrfoxes, which are compatible with Desperation also come with a bit of added bulk.

Leaf has both of Legendary Leaf's exclusive skills and has Seliph's Miracle. However, the stat boost and Miracle only work against tome and staff opponents, leaving him open to some obvious counter tanks, like Brave Hector and Picnic Effie. It doesn't seem like he'll be too oppressive, as he lacks Null Follow-Up or a Sweep to keep him alive, and if he's going to be fast and strong, he can't really be all that bulky.

Nanna is our first freebie flying staff. I wonder if her weapon will have the same effect as the other inheritable weapons.

Fluffy hats.

And translation things:

The banner is 聖戦士の末裔たち (seisenshi no matsuei-tachi), "Descendants of the Crusaders".

Lakche's epithet, "Scion of Astra", is 聖祭の流星 (seisai no ryūsei), "Astra of the Crusaders' Festival".

Lakche's weapon, "Whirling Grace", is 流麗なる戦舞の聖器 (senrei-naru senbu no seiki), "Holy Weapon of the Flowing Battle Dance".

Julia's epithet, "Scion of the Saint", is 聖祭の聖者 (seisai no seija), "Saint of the Crusaders' Festival".

Julia's weapon, "Luminous Grace", is 聖祭の光炎 (seisai no kōen), "Light and Flame of the Crusaders' Festival".

Levn's epithet, "Wind-Song Scion" is 聖祭の歌う風 (seisai no utau kaze), "Singing Wind of the Crusaders' Festival".

Levn's weapon, "Drifting Grace", is 聖祭の風光 (seisai no fūkō), "Beautiful Scenery of the Crusaders' Festival". 風光 (fūkō), which means "beautiful scenery", literally translates as "wind and light", referring to the wind blowing through the sunshine during the spring.

Leaf and Seliph's epithet, "Destined Scions", is 聖祭の王子達 (seisai no ōji-tachi), "Princes of the Crusaders' Festival".

Leaf's weapon, "Bow of Twelve", is 双聖戦士の聖弓 (sō-seisenshi no seikyū), "Holy Bow of Two Crusaders".

Nanna's epithet, Mystletainn Scion, is 聖祭の王女 (seisai no ōjo), "Princess of the Crusaders' Festival".

Nanna's weapon, Staff of Twelve, is 聖祭の杖 (seisai no tsue), "Staff of the Crusaders' Festival".

Have I mentioned that the hats are fluffy?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Helswath is basically doomed.

Langobalt can still show up as a Grand Hero Battle. We might see him if they ever get around to the less important first-generation playable characters.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thats some variety there, although I do remember it being stated somewhere Jaffar isn't actually that old, and Seliph looks like he'd get a youthful/soft voice. He's just been inexplicably murdering people since he was a toddler and Nergal hadn't even met him yet IIRC.

Jaffar's age is listed in the Elibe artbook as being in his teens.

3 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

though Julia's and Lewyn's Prf weapons look underwhelming.

Those are inheritable.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Poor poor Red tomes. Their seasonal tomes keep being locked behind 5 stars while blue tomes keep getting all the demote goodies to themselves.  Its starting to get to be a bit of a pain since most of the mages I want to build end up being red.

That aside this Banner is looking good. A bit safe with all mains and the popular sword lady, but the outfits are cool and almost all of the units could use the alts.

Also i'd have been surprised with one mail harmonic. Did not expect them to go with two.

Yay for Jugdral representation! But Boo for no Dancer banners! 

I'm probably not going to pull on this banner though, since the only two I'd like are Julia and Seliph, and I don't like the Harmonic Seliph/Leif* artwork and gaining a Julia is always more of a happy happenstance than something I go out of my way to get. 

On the bright side, this means that I can use the orbs meant for this on the Legendary Remix banner to finally pull L!Hector and on September Legendary/Mythic banner in order to hopefully get L!Chrom and L!Byleth (and possibly L!Hird).

*I also HATE the idea of games taking place next to each other with such connected characters actually being called a Harmonic. Characters aren't likely to get more than one Harmonic unless they're really popular or special, so wasting the Harmonic on a character they already know and have met is something that's not really original or exciting to me personally. If they've met in games, I'm pretty opposed to them being counted as such a unit like this. Certain combinations that are connected and haven't met are fine (i.e. Larcei, her brother, her mother/Mareeta or Galzus; or any of the Awakening characters and their grandchildren/incarnations), and I can understand characters from the same world but meeting at different times being pretty interesting (i.e. Lilina meeting Eliwood as a young man, or Fir being paired with Karel in his Sword Demon phase), but Leif is playable in and a major character of Genealogy. 

Lewyn is the demote?  Good, that means that I won't have to blow too many orbs on this banner.

On the characters themselves:

Larcei seems Ok.  Nothing absurd, but decent.

Julia's art looks... off to me. Something about it is strange, but IDK what specifically.  She has a little bit of fodder, and...  Is every version of her going to have Light and Dark?  Apparently.

Lewyn's a demote.  Don't know what else to say.  Infantry Flash is of mild interest.

Lief/Seliph threw me for a loop at first.  They almost have all L!Lief's skills, just with the Weapon and A Slot swapped.  Bow of the Twelve is not great, it's quite niche.  Thier Duo skill is pretty good, Desperation can have some solid uses.

Scion Nanna's base kit:
Staff of Twelve+ (12 Mt; Sparkling Boost)
Recover+
Heavenly Light
Spd/Res Form
Atk Tactic

Yeah, nothing amazing for her base skills -- pretty bog standard for a TT unit. Staff of Twelve is neat for PvE content. 

Edited by Roflolxp54