Special Heroes: Scions of Twelve

Ice Dragon

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Did the datamine give any clarification on the weapon conditions?

No idea, but I mentioned in an edit that you can see the +5 stat bonus and Miracle activating in the trailer against a bow opponent.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No idea, but I mentioned in an edit that you can see the +5 stat bonus and Miracle activating in the trailer against a bow opponent.

That's good to know.

Ah. According to the little harmonized heroes skit, I guess the wielder of the Gae Bolg was a woman. Huh. Never knew that. Also, I totally forgot that Leif was not the same age as Leif (but rather, younger.) Not by much, though, I think. Maybe a year? And I guess Leif really doesn't have a divine weapon, does he? Does he even have major blood, or is that just his sis?

Also, I guess IS is lowkey saying that if Seliph gets a brave alt, he will not be using magic (nor perhaps have his outfit based on Julia's.)

36 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Ah. According to the little harmonized heroes skit, I guess the wielder of the Gae Bolg was a woman. Huh. Never knew that. Also, I totally forgot that Leif was not the same age as Leif (but rather, younger.) Not by much, though, I think. Maybe a year? And I guess Leif really doesn't have a divine weapon, does he? Does he even have major blood, or is that just his sis?

I think its once said her husband dueled the king of Tracia(her brother) and got killed by him.

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Ah. According to the little harmonized heroes skit, I guess the wielder of the Gae Bolg was a woman. Huh. Never knew that.

Yes, Njorun is a woman.:

heroescrusaders.jpg

The upper right corner, the upper left is her brother Dainn. The dude between them is Hodr, the totally-unrelated ancestor of Eldigan, Ares, and Nanna.

Also, I totally forgot that Leif was not the same age as Seliph (but rather, younger.) Not by much, though, I think. Maybe a year?

Seliph was born in 759, Leif in 760. Exact dates aren't given. Although it's implied Leif was born towards the end of the year, given dialogue during the events of the next.

And I guess Leif really doesn't have a divine weapon, does he? Does he even have major blood, or is that just his sis?

No, Leif doesn't have major blood. Minor Baldr from his mother, and minor Njorun from his father, only his sister has the major Njorun (and minor Baldr). And thus, Leif cannot wield any divine weapon. It makes him feel a little inferior compared to Seliph and others with major blood.

In Thracia 776, they did try to give Leif a special ultimate weapon in the form of the Bragi Sword.

• It isn't actually one of the weapons of the 12 Crusaders, as Bragi used the Valkyrie staff.
  • But, the Bragi Sword requires its wielder to have some holy blood, it doesn't seem to matter which or how much.
  • Leif can use the Bragi Sword, but so can Nanna, her brother, and a mercenary implied to have holy blood. 
    • Mareeta can probably use it too lore-wise, but a computer programming limit in Thracia 776 seems to cap the number of characters who can use an exclusive weapon to 4.
    • Saias says Ced could use it in theory, but Ced is a sage who hasn't been trained in swordplay.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seliph was born in 759, Leif in 760. Exact dates aren't given. Although it's implied Leif was born towards the end of the year, given dialogue during the events of the next.

There's actually some inconsistency when it comes to their ages and date of birth.

Chapter 5 begins at "760 Early Spring". Assuming they follow the old calendar format of "Spring = New Year", then it means the year has just begun... and so has Leif is recently born. It depends on how much is between the chapter start and Cuan and Ethlyn reaching the Aed Desert to say the line of Lief being recently born. So Leif was born at the beginning of the year. But then, Thracia has Finn say at the beginning that Leif is "already 15". Despite Thracia starting in, well, the Year 776. So Leif should already be 16 or close to 16, making it odd for Finn to say "already 15", unless he wanted to say that instead of "almost 16".

Then, considering Sigurd and his party spent at least one full year in Silessia, it means that, for Chapter 5 to begin "760 Early Spring", factoring the year in Silessia plus however time Chapter 4 took to happen, it was actually 758 when Seliph was born at the most. Even if you round the time to a year, considering the time spent in both Chapters 3 and 4, since Seliph was born during the six months that happen between Chapters 2 and 3... yeah, definitely in 758.

But well, it's not like back then they weren't retconning and retweaking stuff.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

SeLeif in 19 orbs. Not thrilled with the +HP/-Res nature they got, but they're the only thing I wanted off of the banner, so I have no right to bellyache. I have a surplus of mangoes anyway.

I feel sorry for the next Limited Hero Battle that has to face my Jugdral barracks, though...

Edited by Some Jerk

1 hour ago, Some Jerk said:

I feel sorry for the next Limited Hero Battle that has to face my Jugdral barracks, though...

Funnily enough, if they stick to the "2 GHBs and 2 BHBs per set" schedule for Limited Hero Battles then Jugdral's next Limited Hero Battle should be against Veld next month.

Apparently Kaga is bad at math. I've made jokes before about how if you look at the dates in a certain way, Leif is impossible because his "canon" age is after Quan and Ethlyn died.

I think Kaga had his ideas on how old he wanted the characters to be, as well as the amount of time that passed between the generations. But it didn't pan out quite as nicely in reality.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think Kaga had his ideas on how old he wanted the characters to be, as well as the amount of time that passed between the generations. But it didn't pan out quite as nicely in reality.

Getting the fine chronological details perfectly right in a long story is almost impossible I'd say. Little contradictions and seemingly unrealistic things are bound to show up.

As this old topic points out, Kaga might've overdone it on the number of Loptous/Loptyr/Loki/Loopytoons/Volkruss Emperors.

Age is mostly just a number in fantasy stories anyhow, relevant only to special coming-of-age powers, starting certain special jobs, and who one can do the hula with.

I think this banner set a brand new record for worst luck ever. I got Larcei, Lewyn, and Julia within the first 300 orbs, and then then starting sniping colorless for Leif... It took 1,868 orbs in total to get one copy of him, with over 22 pity breakers along the way! I'm genuinely curious, what are the odds of that? One out of one million or less?
And here I was thinking about 1100 orbs for one copy of Sothis on her debut banner was the the worst it could ever get...

Edited by Namero

1 hour ago, Namero said:

I think this banner set a brand new record for worst luck ever. I got Larcei, Lewyn, and Julia within the first 300 orbs, and then then starting sniping colorless for Leif... It took 1,868 orbs in total to get one copy of him, with over 22 pity breakers along the way! I'm genuinely curious, what are the odds of that? One out of one million or less?
And here I was thinking about 1100 orbs for one copy of Sothis on her debut banner was the the worst it could ever get...

Holy Naga's Shit. 22 pitybreakers before the Focus is pretty bad. 1,800 Orbs would normally let you merge a unit to +5 or so.

Aaand I summoned both Leif and Larcei. Like, super duper easily, sure their assets are kinda meh, but they were the only units I really "wanted," and the only orbs i bought were the September promo orbs that i was gonna buy anyway.

Props where props are due to this game, this banner was really bleh to me, and the game pretty much gave me the bare minimum of my wants. Why can't more banners be this halfway decent all the time...?

Edited by Xenomata

58 minutes ago, XRay said:

1,800 Orbs would normally let you merge a unit to +5 or so.

+5? LMAO! As somebody that has +10ed numerous units right off their debut banners, that would normally be more than enough to +10 a unit. I remember +10ing fallen Edelgard at her debut in just 928 orbs. Now I got 2 more of her along with three of Flayn and numerous other unwanted units all for just one copy of Leif. To think there was a short period before the banner where I was debating if I might want to +10 him like I did with Bride Catria... F*** that! I'm not even going for a second copy now! (The very first ever duo/harmonic I won't summon a merge and/or a second copy of!) Anything like that ever happens again and I'll probably just ditch seasonal banners altogether and commit to sparkable banners only in the future.

Edited by Namero

2 hours ago, Namero said:

+5? LMAO! As somebody that has +10ed numerous units right off their debut banners, that would normally be more than enough to +10 a unit. I remember +10ing fallen Edelgard at her debut in just 928 orbs. Now I got 2 more of her along with three of Flayn and numerous other unwanted units all for just one copy of Leif. To think there was a short period before the banner where I was debating if I might want to +10 him like I did with Bride Catria... F*** that! I'm not even going for a second copy now! (The very first ever duo/harmonic I won't summon a merge and/or a second copy of!) Anything like that ever happens again and I'll probably just ditch seasonal banners altogether and commit to sparkable banners only in the future.

There's always reruns!  But yeah, sorry about your luck.  I agree on sparkable banners, if only so you get a merge for free.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

1,800 Orbs would normally let you merge a unit to +5 or so.

1,800 orbs is actually closer to +10.

Accounting for the pity rate, you have on average slightly higher than a 3.25% chance to pull a focus unit on each pull.

Accounting for the probabilities of getting sessions with no orbs of the color you're sniping and sessions with multiple orbs of the color you're sniping, it costs an average of 5.5 orbs per pull of the color you're sniping.

Overall, that means pulling 11 copies of a single focus unit on a 4-character banner costs on average somewhere around 1,700-1,900 orbs.

Getting my pity rate this high seems to be an everyday occurrence now.

Spoiler

5IOL1G1.png

V2uSDKU.png

No 5-stars between those two screenshots. And these are technically all pity-breakers for Leaf since I was sniping colorless at this point (the other pulls in the second screenshot were from my usual policy to pull the rest of the session if I get a 5-star at 4.5% or higher).

Finally got Leaf after 9 pity-breakers. And he's [+Atk, -Spd] because of course he'd be -Spd.