Tempest Trials+: Ice & Flame 3!

Diovani Bressan

A new Tempest Trials+ is coming, titled "Ice & Flame 3"! 

EpHAE27.jpg

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

Scion Leif (& Scion Seliph), Scion Lewyn, Scion Larcei, Scion Julia, Scion Nanna, Leif, Seliph and Lewyn.

XK85hCq.jpg

Scion Nanna's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

rxrxsJQ.jpg

Daughter of Lachesis, the princess of Nordion, and descendant of Hoðr, known as
the black knight of the 12 crusaders. Appears in Fire Emblem: Thracia 776.

9MxpfgA.png Staff of Twelve+ (Might: 12/ Range: 2)
At start of turn, restores 10 HP to ally that has been dealt the most damage. (Excludes unit.)

CLyoA9U.png Recover+ (Range: 1)
Restores HP = 50% of Atk +10. (Minimum of 15 HP.).

JyE9d4c.png Heavenly Light+ (Cooldown: 2)
When healing an ally with a staff, restores 10 HP to all allies.

Gt9furc.png Spd/Res Form 3
If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Spd/Res+X to unit during combat
(X = 2 × number of allies within 2 spaces, + 1; max 7).

weFV8dd.png Atk Tactic 3
At start of turn, grants Atk+6 to allies within 2 spaces for 1 turn.
Granted only if number of that ally's movement type on current team ≤ 2.

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

NpLux8b.png Spd Opening 3
At start of turn, grants Spd+6 to ally with the highest Spd for 1 turn. (Excludes unit.)

UwlNbB9.png Atk/Res Solo 3
If unit is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Res+6 during combat.

You can also earn some Divine Codes: Ephemera 9 by reaching the 6,000 score, and an Wind Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

The next event in the series, titled Ice & Flame 4, is scheduled for Ver. 5.10.0. Because the story of Ice & Flame is told through a series of events,
you will be able to view the story on the Tempest Trials+ event page after the event is over, even if you didn't participate in it.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Sometimes, I wish they'd go back to giving us 3 Sacred Seals each event. After all this time, we're still missing Seal Def and Seal Res, and those are actually relevant for Rokkr Sieges.

Also, still no Fury Sacred Seal.

58 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Atk/Res Solo 3
If unit is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Res+7 during combat.

Pretty sure that's supposed to be +6.

I remember wanting to give Atk/Res solo to some tank for AR, but I can't recall who would prefer that over Spd/Res solo. Eh, that'll sort itself out when I start drafting some team updates. 

Spd Opening is niche, but it can also be extremely useful for units that like to overreach like the Fallen Corrins and Walhart, although the latter isn't what I'd call fast. 

As for the new Nanna. Her art looks great, but I already have the 3 premium flying healers so I won't be building her. The staff is nice for TT+ grinding (as long as Nanna doesn't get herself killed) but it's outclassed by Even Recovery more often than not. 

I adore what we see of Nanna’s artwork. It’s so magical girl-esque!

4 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Maybe we'll see Muspell this TT+?

Could be! Although likely just his neutral art rather than anything about him as a unit, since there’s at least one more to go and Laegjarn hasn’t shown up to play her part. My guess would be there will be a few more and Muspel gets released in November or January? If he gets released at all. But I guess time will tell!

About Muspell [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

I guess we are fighting him this time (even though there's at least one more part left), because here's what his weapon does:

Grants Atk+3. At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 25%, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 to unit during combat and foe cannot recover HP during or after combat. If unit's HP ≥ 25% at start of combat, after combat, if unit attacked, inflicts【Deep Wounds】on target and foes within 2 spaces of target. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.

He's apparently also a colorless breath unit.

Holy shit, he's so anime. He looks absolutely ridiculous and I love it.

Sweet weapon, looking forward to finally getting Fatal Smoke access. And... colorless breath? Not red breath? What???

Well, it's a new unit type either way, and hopefully a sparkable one, so I can't complain, but WHY.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

Sweet weapon, looking forward to finally getting Fatal Smoke access. And... colorless breath? Not red breath? What???

Well, it's a new unit type either way, and hopefully a sparkable one, so I can't complain, but WHY.

Spoiler

Hm... fire burns all... and all that remains... is ash?

Muspell is the dragon god of fire or whatever... and Muspell is all that will remain...

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Hide contents

Hmm...

Spoiler

I guess they didn't want to make Múspell weak to Nifl. One being Colorless and the other being blue, makes them neutral against each other. A fair match.

Opening dialogue [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Nifl: After Hvergel's passing, I could not be held back from issuing a challenge to Múspell. It did not matter if I were destroyed in the process, so long as he was brought low alongside me.

Fjorm: I'm so sorry, Lady Nifl... What...happened?

Nifl: It was a draw. We both were reduced, returned to our respective elements, ice and flame... But now, Múspell rages once again. Only this time, it is likely he will have his own champion sent against me. You will fight that champion, Fjorm. What do you know of this foe, I wonder? Who of Múspell's descendants yet lives?

Fjorm: Descendants... That must be the royal line of Múspell, I suppose. We defeated their king, Surtr. And his daughter, Princess Laegjarn... We were too late to save her.

Nifl: Múspell's line is the enemy. You are to rejoice in the death of a foe. There is no call for sadness.

Fjorm: N-no, she was— Princess Laegjarn was a dear friend!

Nifl: Be silent. Watch that impudent tongue of yours. To call the spawn of Múspell a friend is pitiful. Now, get to the end of your story. Did all of Múspell's kin perish?

Fjorm: Princess Laegjarn's younger sister, Princess Laevatein, still lives. But I cannot imagine her becoming the enemy's champion. When last we spoke...

Laevatain: Thank you, Princess Fjorm. I am glad someone was there to hear my sister's last words...

Fjorm: ...

Laevatain: When I feel alone... I always think of her. It does not soothe my loneliness, but I still feel she may be watching over me somehow... That's why I have to work hard and achieve something worthy of her praise. She wished for me to live on...

Fjorm: That's a lovely thought, Princess Laevatein... Let's live on together, for Princess Laegjarn!

Ending dialogue [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

Laegjarn: Múspell, dragon of flame...I offer you my flesh. Arm and arm, leg and leg. My head, my heart... All of it offered, that you may feed. Devour me!

Aah! Aagh... Aah... Hah...

AAAAAAGH!

Muspell: Get up, worm.

Laegjarn: ... I...I'm alive? Why am I alive?

Muspell: You were near dead, but you gave your life and strength to me. It may have taken a year, but now your life has been rekindled thanks to the power of MY flame. So do not throw your life away again too quickly. It was annoying enough to revive you once.

Laegjarn: You said...with the power of...your flame? A-are you...

Muspell: Múspell am I, lord of one realm of the nine! Master of flame! But right now, all that matters... is that you kneel, dog.

Laegjarn: Wh-what?!

Muspell: Ho-ho! Seems I still remember how to put mortals under my command.

Laegjarn: What...what is this? What have you done to me?

Muspell: I've lent you some of my power for the moment. But I will need it back. That and more. By my command, you are my obedient little servant. Now, until you do as I've ordered, your life will be in my hands. There is no death that can save you—though, you are welcome to try, of course.

Laegjarn: Múspell, the dragon of flame... You are the god of our realm, for whom the very kingdom of Múspell was named... But even so, I have my pride as one of its generals... And I have no intention of becoming your slave. If you mean only to humiliate me, you can just kill me now.

Muspell: Aha! Some heat in you after all! You remind me of another I lent my flame to a long time ago... But you're wasting your breath preaching your virtues to me

Laegjarn: ...Well, now that you've revived me, what is it that you have planned?

Muspell: Tsk! You must still be half-asleep! Or are you a fool? What I'm after is simple... A fight! The thrill of a blood feud! A duel to the DEATH!

Laegjarn: A...fight? THAT is the reason you returned me to life?

Muspell: My battle with Nifl will never end until one of us is finally wiped from existence. That weakling Nifl plans to make a champion out of some little girl who inherited her blood... Look. There, in the tempest. That brat. Do you see her?

Laegjarn: Th-that's...Princess Fjorm!

Muspell: So you know her, do you? That will make this fun! ...Here is my command to you: Kill Nifl's champion. Rip that whelp to pieces.

Laegjarn: I...can't do that... ...I will not fight Princess Fjorm! She...she is...my friend.

Muspell: Fallen for her tricks already, have you? Weak... But while you are under my command, you do as I say.

Laegjarn: ...

Muspell: Kneel. Beg.

Laegjarn: Nya...aaghh!

Muspell: You think you can stand before me and speak of pride and some feeble idea of friendship?! Keep your mouth shut. Friendship is fakery—a shroud of lies and deception. I will burn that idea out of you, until only your true self remains. The raw fire at your core... Mortals are beasts! And I will tear you down until you realize THAT is your true nature. Scream! Writhe all you want! Rage and howl like the dog you are... Let yourself be free! Let your hot blood surge and everything else die! ...You will learn soon enough. And that damned Nifl will learn the fullness of my power right along with you!

Muspell:

Spoiler

I'm laughing so hard in real life right now. He's unironically a cocky-ass-looking edgelord, shirtless with baggy pants and literal flaming hair, with the cocky-ass supervillain edgelord personality to boot. I love it for how ridiculous it is.

And he hides in his blanket when he's injured.

Edited by Ice Dragon

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
Spoiler

And he hides in his blanket when he's injured.

Nice.

Spoiler

I am going to shred that pathetic blanket of his with Meistershwert and disintigrate it with Dire Thunder.

I can also bully him with Nagi using Luna-Triangle Adept-Bold Fighter with support from Catria: Azure Wing Pair.

He is going to turn into a water dragon because of all the tears he is going to cry.

Correction about Muspell:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/363853682590089216/884326949806305290/Ice__Flame_3_TT.png

He is very much red.

TT has him with Ignis, Bracing Blow 2, Dragon Wall, and Joint Drive Def. Nifl's TT version had accurate special and B skills but had Swift Sparrow 2 and Joint Drive Res in place of her AR-D and personal skills, so I'm guessing something similar is going on here. This suggests Muspell's actual version will have Ignis, AR-D Def/Res 4, Dragon Wall, and his own Joint Drive-style prf C skill.

Muspell's Lvl. 40 Stats w/no Merges (because this is likely what we're getting when he becomes summonable) [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

HP 41, Atk 41, Spd 16, Def 40, Res 35, Total 173

Yes, he did end up with a higher BST than Nifl (167 BST) due to timing so RIP Nifl for releasing just a bit before CYL5. So much for them being evenly matched.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Yes, he did end up with a higher BST than Nifl (167 BST) due to timing so RIP Nifl for releasing just a bit before CYL5. So much for them being evenly matched.

That's what Nifl's 5 extra Dragonflowers are for.

18 hours ago, TuxedoBird said:

Looks like we did get Muspell!

https://m.imgur.com/a/62C4JpI

I kinda like the special art but the rest… I really wish I didn’t hate the designs for him and Nifl but what are you gonna do?

I definitely like Nifl's better. At least she feels like she somewhat fits in with the Heroes crowd. Muspell looks like a Dragalia Lost character (given what little I know about them), if I'm being completely honest. 

@Ice Dragon

Spoiler

At least it fits with how hammy Surtr was as a villain...

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Muspell's Lvl. 40 Stats w/no Merges (because this is likely what we're getting when he becomes summonable) [SPOILERS]:

Hide contents

HP 41, Atk 41, Spd 16, Def 40, Res 35, Total 173

Higher BST than any launch unit, even the armors. Amelia was the first unit to hit that tier, and also had 173.

Dragonflowers can put them ahead, but still, interesting.

The burning question: Will we finally meet Muspell?

Also, I'm getting kind of tired of this... I think it would've been better if there were only 2 parts of this, with the dialogue for parts 1 and 2 just included in part 1, and parts 3 and 4 just in part 2 (if they're keeping this to only 4 parts.) I don't know; the pacing is bugging me for some reason.

...ah man, I just realized Fjorm and Nifl should have been bonus units for the F&I tempest trials. It's so obvious, especially now that Muspell is fielded for battle...

The seals are neat I guess. ARsolo is appreciated, still waiting on like 10 other skills to become seals (Desperation should have been a candidate long ago...)