Tempest Trials+: Ice & Flame 3!

Diovani Bressan

57 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...ah man, I just realized Fjorm and Nifl should have been bonus units for the F&I tempest trials.

Actually, I would've liked it if characters from Nifl got special bonuses. (So, I guess that would be any Fjorm, any Ylgr, any Gunnthra, and any Hrid, + Nifl herself.)

Being shown this new burning man's design...

Spoiler

All he is visually, is inferior Touma. Finish out the TMS cast FEH! 

Fiery redhead, without a shirt, with black pants. Yeah it's kinda a generic template for fantasy flame dudes, 

Touma-Carnage.jpg

tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-touma-cain.jpg

...And yet, I can't say Touma doesn't wear it better. Sure the flaying of the jacket's ends is questionable, and maybe greater pants baggyness is better, and so might be a darker skin tone. But on the whole, my TMS-biased self thinks Touma does it better. The jacket beats the cape and that aura of flames. All he needs a not-garbo FEH artwork to seal the victory.

Say "TMS ain't FE" all you want, but I get the impression from this topic Mussy is as much alien to FE and as worthy of rejection or acceptance.

Huh. Well, in the first round of this new TT+, Helbindi showed up as a foe. That's oddly fitting.

Edit: And on stage 5, Nifl was a foe. ... That seems out of character for her.

Edited by Mercakete

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So Muspel doesn't look like angry sun from Mario bros 3. Sharena lied to me!

Sharena lies to all. Like when she said she would be upset if she and Alfonse didn't get along in the main story, but in one of her "Sharena introductions" she says that she wishes she had a sister instead of him.

Testing out Legendary Ephraim's new toys in this Tempest Trials, and he doesn't disappoint. Boss Muspell, though is impressively bulky and actually survives a round of combat against Ephraim due to Dragon Wall.

I wonder what they'll do for Muspell's presumed "Domain of Flame" exclusive skill when they make him playable. I'm guessing it'll have Joint Drive Atk and Joint Drive Def to complement Nifl's. Since Muspell's weapon inflicts a different status effect than Nifl's weapon, I'm going to guess that the third effect will not be 30% damage reduction on the first hit, which made sense to cover for Nifl's lower defenses, but isn't really necessary for Muspell.

If they want to make him actually terrifying, they could give him a guaranteed follow-up as a Joint Drive effect, though I think it's more likely he'll have follow-up prevention instead to be less busted. The latter would pair really well with Nifl's buff and would also make a team composition of Muspell + Nifl + Near Save + Far Save pretty ridiculous under player control.

Well I did it and I finally saw Muspell for the first time.

Wow he just looks really dumb, he looks like pompadour wearing highschool anime delinquent and his voice is whiney.

I think this guy might honestly be the least imposing FE Boss ever, I nearly laughed out loud once I heard his death quote combined with him literally kneeling as his injured image.

I haven't finished book 2 yet but I will no longer be able to take it seriously (not that I could anyway) anymore knowing this is the big evil god, someone's magical anime highschool delinquent reject design.

1 hour ago, Samz707 said:

Wow he just looks really dumb, he looks like pompadour wearing highschool anime delinquent and his voice is whiney.

I think this guy might honestly be the least imposing FE Boss ever, I nearly laughed out loud once I heard his death quote combined with him literally kneeling as his injured image.

I haven't finished book 2 yet but I will no longer be able to take it seriously (not that I could anyway) anymore knowing this is the big evil god, someone's magical anime highschool delinquent reject design.

Honestly might be a little too soon to make judgement on Muspell as a villain. He doesn't even appear in the opening dialogue, so making judgements on someone based solely on appearance and quotes made in the heat of battle feels hasty (without looking at datamined info at least)

35 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Honestly might be a little too soon to make judgement on Muspell as a villain. He doesn't even appear in the opening dialogue, so making judgements on someone based solely on appearance and quotes made in the heat of battle feels hasty (without looking at datamined info at least)

It's Heroes so I kinda extremely doubt the writing around him is going to redeem a villain who might have one of the worst designs I've seen.

Muspell's absurd design is what finally got me to like him.

Book 2 took itself far too seriously, the exact thing it needed is a character who's impossible to take seriously.

Muspell desing's is... I can't say if its pretty bad or actually kinda good. He is the ultimate edgelord and, as some people already noted, he looks like a tropey anime fire villain guy, a highschool anime delinquent, or a BNHA character. For me he also looks like a generic Pókemon Fire Gyem leader, and his special art looks like a Rinmaru/mega anime creator OC made by a 10 year old real life edgelord who thinks that white eyes + some black fire = powerful and awesome. I mean, His design is obviously lazy, but I like to think that it was on purpouse, and if it was, then I like it because of how ridiculous he is. I also like how he is the exact opposite of Nifl both in character(She is emotionless to a fault, he is emotive to a fault) and as an unit (She's fast, he's slow,...), and how he reflects Surtr, also both in personality (bratty and edgy, "everything will burn but me cuz I said so, and war is beautiful and I'll burn everything, die your disgusting dog cuz I'm the king/God and I'm so powerful that even my mom obeys me!") and as an unit (great Def n Res, slow af).

I'd like if he was a colorless breath (even if red sounds more obvious), Because then Nifl wouldn't have any advantage over him and they would have been really mirrored as units: two calvaries, none of them are above the other in the weapon triangle, one has higher BST but the other has 5 extra dragon flowers, one is a SPD/Atk unit, the other is a Def/Res unit (which  would made me think that Muspell's PRF skill would disable the foe's follow up instead of giving him a guarantee follow up because then he would be more Def/Res oriented than Atk oriented, leaving Nifl be the Atk/Spd oriented between them, but since she already has color advantage against him I don't exactly know what to expect from this skill). To be honest, I think that regardless of what Muspell gets as his PRF skill, he will be a death oriented unit, I mean most people are expecting either a Follow up negation or a guarentee follow up, but imagine if it has a Sinmara like effect instead(to reflect Surtr)? or if it heals him (which would make him even bulkier and killing him even harder)? depending on this skill he can be broken as fuck, or just a great unit.

On 9/6/2021 at 5:11 AM, Tybrosion said:

Ending dialogue [SPOILERS]:

Reveal hidden contents

Laegjarn: Múspell, dragon of flame...I offer you my flesh. Arm and arm, leg and leg. My head, my heart... All of it offered, that you may feed. Devour me!

Aah! Aagh... Aah... Hah...

AAAAAAGH!

Muspell: Get up, worm.

Laegjarn: ... I...I'm alive? Why am I alive?

Muspell: You were near dead, but you gave your life and strength to me. It may have taken a year, but now your life has been rekindled thanks to the power of MY flame. So do not throw your life away again too quickly. It was annoying enough to revive you once.

Laegjarn: You said...with the power of...your flame? A-are you...

Muspell: Múspell am I, lord of one realm of the nine! Master of flame! But right now, all that matters... is that you kneel, dog.

Laegjarn: Wh-what?!

Muspell: Ho-ho! Seems I still remember how to put mortals under my command.

Laegjarn: What...what is this? What have you done to me?

Muspell: I've lent you some of my power for the moment. But I will need it back. That and more. By my command, you are my obedient little servant. Now, until you do as I've ordered, your life will be in my hands. There is no death that can save you—though, you are welcome to try, of course.

Laegjarn: Múspell, the dragon of flame... You are the god of our realm, for whom the very kingdom of Múspell was named... But even so, I have my pride as one of its generals... And I have no intention of becoming your slave. If you mean only to humiliate me, you can just kill me now.

Muspell: Aha! Some heat in you after all! You remind me of another I lent my flame to a long time ago... But you're wasting your breath preaching your virtues to me

Laegjarn: ...Well, now that you've revived me, what is it that you have planned?

Muspell: Tsk! You must still be half-asleep! Or are you a fool? What I'm after is simple... A fight! The thrill of a blood feud! A duel to the DEATH!

Laegjarn: A...fight? THAT is the reason you returned me to life?

Muspell: My battle with Nifl will never end until one of us is finally wiped from existence. That weakling Nifl plans to make a champion out of some little girl who inherited her blood... Look. There, in the tempest. That brat. Do you see her?

Laegjarn: Th-that's...Princess Fjorm!

Muspell: So you know her, do you? That will make this fun! ...Here is my command to you: Kill Nifl's champion. Rip that whelp to pieces.

Laegjarn: I...can't do that... ...I will not fight Princess Fjorm! She...she is...my friend.

Muspell: Fallen for her tricks already, have you? Weak... But while you are under my command, you do as I say.

Laegjarn: ...

Muspell: Kneel. Beg.

Laegjarn: Nya...aaghh!

Muspell: You think you can stand before me and speak of pride and some feeble idea of friendship?! Keep your mouth shut. Friendship is fakery—a shroud of lies and deception. I will burn that idea out of you, until only your true self remains. The raw fire at your core... Mortals are beasts! And I will tear you down until you realize THAT is your true nature. Scream! Writhe all you want! Rage and howl like the dog you are... Let yourself be free! Let your hot blood surge and everything else die! ...You will learn soon enough. And that damned Nifl will learn the fullness of my power right along with you!

Spoiler

This dialogue just makes me think that Muspell is even edgier, like "your worm", "all that matters... is that your kneel, dog", "my obedient little servant" and other comments of this kind, also unecessarily edgy insults and even more unecessary adjectives to describe stuff... I just can't belive that he was not done edgy on purpouse. 

Also it sounds like Muspell had someone important to him too (probably the first king of Muspell) and that he became this way, angry and emotional to a fault who thinks that friendship is bad because he lost his friend (like Nifl became so cold after losing Nilf's first queen) and now he kind of vows to never let anyone get close again or whatever, also he probably lost his firend because Nifl killed him/made Muspell kill him or whatever, Or because the king of Muspell betrayed him in someway? ("Friendship is fakery—a shroud of lies and deception"). I have to admit that I'm really curious to know, and I also want to see if that edgelord will ever become attached to Laegjarn in someway or if he will stay angry and onedimensional until his death. 

Also

Spoiler

Is his death quote "Ugh...Absurd!"? If he had an edgy lord count it would be exploding now.

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Wow that ending dialogue is incredibly terrible.

It's straight out of "Edgy Rival who hates Friendship" trope, I could see Shadow from Sonic boom saying at least half of this.

This single section of dialogue has managed to out-edge every single edgy sword dude in FE put together, it's awful.

I'm calling it right now that when he's playable, he's still going to have a terrible level 40 confession which goes against his character here. (They already did for Zephiel.)

Edited by Samz707

On 9/7/2021 at 12:59 PM, Samz707 said:

Basically, yeah. I'm just embarrassed... And his dragon design feels like the final evolution of a starter fire type with those blazing hands...

That said, I do kind of think it's cute how he wraps himself in his cape when he's not feeling well. But yeah... That "absurd" when he goes down to 0... Oh man...

I still like him better than Nifl.

The fact that Muspell hides in his cape when injured and sounds like a bratty kid in Japanese makes me think his edgelord personality is overcompensating for something or he has some insecurity to hide behind it. Like he actually is just a bratty kid that never got a chance to grow up because of something.

Also, like Nifl, who shares her Japanese voice actor with Fjorm, Muspell shares his with Surtr (and also Takeda Shingen from Sengoku Basara).

I'm also in the camp that likes him because of how ridiculous he is. He's the kind of character that makes me want to give him headpats just to get a reaction.

(But Nifl is still better because I'm definitely not biased and also wolf-ear headband and floofs.)

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Basically, yeah. I'm just embarrassed... And his dragon design feels like the final evolution of a starter fire type with those blazing hands...

He's basically Mega Charizard X, but with the mouth flames moved to the hands.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The fact that Muspell hides in his cape when injured and sounds like a bratty kid in Japanese makes me think his edgelord personality is overcompensating for something or he has some insecurity to hide behind it. Like he actually is just a bratty kid that never got a chance to grow up because of something.

Also, like Nifl, who shares her Japanese voice actor with Fjorm, Muspell shares his with Surtr (and also Takeda Shingen from Sengoku Basara).

I'm also in the camp that likes him because of how ridiculous he is. He's the kind of character that makes me want to give him headpats just to get a reaction.

(But Nifl is still better because I'm definitely not biased and also wolf-ear headband and floofs.)

He's basically Mega Charizard X, but with the mouth flames moved to the hands.

Yeah, I think so too, in the final dialogue...

Spoiler

... He says stuff such as "Firendship is fakery- a shroud of lies and deception" and "Mortals are beasts", which sounds like something that would come out of the mouth of someone that was seriously hurt by a friend (or by losing a friend) and then became edgelordy like this. Kinda like Nifl became cold as fuck after losing Hvergel.

I like him too because of how ridiculous he is, it gives me a good laugh. 

Edited by ARMADS!!!

When I saw Muspell, the first character I was reminded of was Mondo Owada from Danganronpa. If they would have gotten Komatsusaki to do the artwork it would have been perfect. 

So basically Muspell is if Neku from TWEWY was a powerful dragon who never got character development and became an edge lord? Okay then.

On 9/5/2021 at 2:45 PM, TuxedoBird said:

I adore what we see of Nanna’s artwork. It’s so magical girl-esque!

On 9/5/2021 at 9:06 PM, TuxedoBird said:

I kinda like the special art but the rest… I really wish I didn’t hate the designs for him and Nifl but what are you gonna do?

I agree with you on both counts.

Nifl’s design and character art are subpar, but Muspell takes it to another level. Muspell has the worst character art I’ve seen in Heroes, both from a character design and quality perspective. On a positive note, both their dragon designs are awesome.

On the other hand, I love Nanna’s artwork, and the artwork for the Day of the Twelve banner in general. I’m definitely going to summon for Leif and Seliph when I have the chance.