Not able to promote Volke in Chapter 19 of PoR?

FlexPigeon

So I heard that Volke will be able to promote in chapter 19, but I'm having trouble doing so. I got him to level 20 and tried to use a master seal on him prior to the battle and wasn't able to. I tried to use a Master Seal during the battle, but wasn't able to. Am I missing something?

eaf7d634e064bf759c2eadf517df5760.png

17 minutes ago, FlexPigeon said:

So I heard that Volke will be able to promote in chapter 19, but I'm having trouble doing so. I got him to level 20 and tried to use a master seal on him prior to the battle and wasn't able to. I tried to use a Master Seal during the battle, but wasn't able to. Am I missing something?

eaf7d634e064bf759c2eadf517df5760.png

His promotion is tied to a story event at the end of the chapter. Don't worry, just finish the chapter and he will promote.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You also need 50,000 gold for the event to trigger.

I'm not sure if this is intended as a joke or not, but it's not true. You just have to choose "Hire" when the option comes up.

Just now, Florete said:

I'm not sure if this is intended as a joke or not, but it's not true. You just have to choose "Hire" when the option comes up.

Really? Last I recall you need the gold to trigger the event that leads to the Hiring option being asked for.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Really? Last I recall you need the gold to trigger the event that leads to the Hiring option being asked for.

I've never heard of that, and I'm pretty confident I've never had that much gold whenever I've gotten to that point. From what I recall you get a bunch of gold at that point, though I don't remember exactly how much.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

I've never heard of that, and I'm pretty confident I've never had that much gold whenever I've gotten to that point. From what I recall you get a bunch of gold at that point, though I don't remember exactly how much.

You don't get gold. Volke doesn't take it away and return it.

Are you getting confused with Volke's recruitment? Because the 50,000 gold is needed for the Ch19 event, not his Ch10. You're basically hiring Volke twice. First for his thief services (which always happens), and then for his assassin services. The latter is his promotion, and that's where you need the 50,000 gold. Volke even tells you back in Ch10 that you need the 50,000 gold as he has a report to give to Ike and that's the amount he asks for it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You don't get gold. Volke doesn't take it away and return it.

Are you getting confused with Volke's recruitment? Because the 50,000 gold is needed for the Ch19 event, not his Ch10. You're basically hiring Volke twice. First for his thief services (which always happens), and then for his assassin services. The latter is his promotion, and that's where you need the 50,000 gold. Volke even tells you back in Ch10 that you need the 50,000 gold as he has a report to give to Ike.

Spoiler

I'm not getting confused with his recruitment. Part of his story is that the 50,000 gold requirement was never a necessity in the first place. Neither this wiki nor this wiki say anything about needing 50k to promote him. The second one says you receive 70k at the end of the chapter, though I'm pretty sure that's inaccurate as it's definitely higher than I remember.

EDIT: The 50k you're thinking of is part of the story. They find it after the battle and Ike uses it to "pay" Volke. And based on this, it looks like that 70k mentioned above actually is accurate.

Putting in spoiler tags just in case. Non-spoiler conclusion: the player does not need 50,000 gold to get to promote Volke.

Edited by Florete

29 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm not getting confused with his recruitment. Part of his story is that the 50,000 gold requirement was never a necessity in the first place. Neither this wiki nor this wiki say anything about needing 50k to promote him. The second one says you receive 70k at the end of the chapter, though I'm pretty sure that's inaccurate as it's definitely higher than I remember.

He still gives a reason why he asked for the gold, even if he never intended to take it in the first place.In any case, it's curious then that the game presents such a conditional, but then it turns out it wasn't needed at all. I went to check.

Spoiler

Player had less than 20K going into the chapter, but still got the event.

Also, yes, you get 70K.

Which is why you don't need to gather the 50K yourself, because you'll get them no matter what.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I edited my previous post with more information to cover everything.

It's okay, it's what I posted anyway. Which I also put in spoiler tags then.