Grand Hero Battle - Aelfric: Custodian Monk!

Diovani Bressan

A new Grand Hero Battle is here!
Aelfric: Custodian Monk is ready to be challenged!

2R4NUgK.png

Starting with separated units? Not a problem! I also noticed that I could run a Three Houses theme, so... why not.

@Landmaster @Sasori @Some Jerk @BoaFerox @mcsilas @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @daisy jane @GuiltyLove

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I'm really surprised they gave us to him as a red tome user. Considering Seiros and Garon came as dragons despite having noteworthy weapons. Like, I guess there's a possibility they're saving beast Aelfric for the future. He's not that popular a character, but beasts are in short supply. Of course this is just a Grand Hero Battle, so in that way it's completely unsurprising they made him a red tome user. Seriously do they even put more than 30 seconds into thinking up skills and weapons for these GHB units -_- Even if they wanted to make Aelfric a red tome user, surely they could have come up with something more exciting than Raurrabbit.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm really surprised they gave us to him as a red tome user. Considering Seiros and Garon came as dragons despite having noteworthy weapons. Like, I guess there's a possibility they're saving beast Aelfric for the future. He's not that popular a character, but beasts are in short supply. Of course this is just a Grand Hero Battle, so in that way it's completely unsurprising they made him a red tome user. Seriously do they even put more than 30 seconds into thinking up skills and weapons for these GHB units -_- Even if they wanted to make Aelfric a red tome user, surely they could have come up with something more exciting than Raurrabbit.

Honestly one thing they could have done for him is another gimick tome like "If unit defeats foe that has defeated an ally. Brings ally back" Yeah it would be super gimicky and require him to actually land the finishing blow on a revenge kill to work, with the restriction of one revive per battle. But it would play off of what his plan in the 3H dlc was.

As for the beast Aelfric, that might make for a decent alt for a fallen heroes banner. Or fallen heroes tie in GHB.

Also yes. It seems they flat out stopped caring about making good GHB units. The last legit good one was Petrine, over a damn year ago

Edited by Faellin

On 9/18/2021 at 10:16 PM, Faellin said:

Honestly one thing they could have done for him is another gimick tome like "If unit defeats foe that has defeated an ally. Brings ally back" Yeah it would be super gimicky and require him to actually land the finishing blow on a revenge kill to work, with the restriction of one revive per battle. But it would play off of what his plan in the 3H dlc was.

As for the beast Aelfric, that might make for a decent alt for a fallen heroes banner. Or fallen heroes tie in GHB.

Also yes. It seems they flat out stopped caring about making good GHB units. The last legit good one was Petrine, over a damn year ago

That's a bit of a contrived gimmick. I think if I were to come up with something it would be a passive effect that drains HP from nearby enemies to reference how he was using the Ashen Wolves in the Rite of Resurrection. That's what I think they were going for with Blarrabit as a reference, but we already got Blarrabit for free a while back with Tatiana/Arete and it's just a pretty trashy tome in general. I think I'd give him a unique tome that deals 5-10 damage to all enemies within 3 squares at the start of a turn heals HP based on how much damage is dealt. So like Sinmara's effect only not as powerful, but with further range and a healing factor. You could call in the Chalice of Beginnings, we've had cups acts as tomes already (and maybe give him Close Counter on his A slot to reference the Chalice's distant counter as a bonus item in Three Houses, with the new Counter skills we've gotten recently, and with how underwhelming Close Counter has always been, it wouldn't be remiss at all to stick it on a grail unit).

Another alternative would be Meteor since he uses that as well. Maybe a Savage Blow effect on a tome (I actually don't think we've seen that), or hell just a 3 range attack. We've sort of been introduced to that idea now with Yuri's Foul Play, I reckon it's only a matter of time before they introduce siege weaponry. Even if he's really bad in terms of stat lines, being the first unit to attack from 3 squares away would make him really noteworthy. But instead it's red tome GHB #81.

Edited by Jotari

@Diovani Bressan Nice clear! Gatekeeper did his job and kept the gate. Since they were so nice and placed you so close to the enemies this map only really needs three units if you Galeforce. Fancy Forma Dimitri, he did well.

@GuiltyLove Nice clear! Vantage sweeping seemed very effective here. Since only Altina and Grima did any fighting this could technically be considered an unmounted fliers clear I guess lol

Them placing us within two spaces of an enemy meant Summer Tana didn't need to move anyone, so she got the chance to do a little fighting this time. Overall a very simple map to one turn.

@Diovani Bressan: Gatekeeper won by doing absolutely nothing XD. Cool to see OG dimitri. He's been a bit overshadowed by all the OP samy lance infantry

@BoaFerox: Is STana using Leo's...summer tome? The one that gives +1 to all stats or is there another tomato tome I forgot? But cool clear and a even cooler youtube profile pick.

I was going to say I put just as much effort as IS in this map by just throwing Roy at it. But I almost one turned it so I went the extra mile and did my first one turn clear. Its against absolute garbage, but still.

@Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy

This one was actually kinda fun with the tricky layout

@Diovani Bressan - B!Marianne looks like she'll be really useful for one turn clears! I'm still jelly of your Forma Dimitri~

@GuiltyLove - Looks like Altina hasn't been upstaged too much by her Christmas variant, she can still sweep newer GHBs!

@BoaFerox - Nice work for the Tana gang and Marisa~ But Tana's not a Fairy anymore, sadge 😞

@Sasori - Woah, Distant Pressure on Kana! Very nice and works well with his refine! Also nice to see Roy able to run DC and Steady Breath now with the Seal~

19 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Landmaster Surprised Aelfric didn't attack summer Elise. It's good to see Mirabilis fighting!

He had been the whole time until I changed something with my build (can't quite remember off the top of my head). It was almost a bit of a hinderance because I wanted him to attack her, but we made it work.

• 3 weeks later...

@Sasori Summer Tana is indeed using the Tomato Tome, this was what became of my copy of the Summer Leo manual they handed out back then. I like to put it on her sometimes as a kind of taunt when I don't need anything else on her. Still waiting for the day where that +1 Atk is actually what comes in clutch and solves the map though lol

Nice one turn clear! This map is pretty kind with the positioning so it is a good opportunity to try one. These boys made short work of it!

@Landmaster I really like both arts for Tana so I like to switch around sometimes. Don't worry, she'll definitely be back as a fairy at some point.

Nice clear by the Elises! This map layout is pretty interesting for ranged units, lots of sniping from behind walls here.