Character requests you think are overhated?

Perkilator

Just as the title says. What are some newcomer requests you think get way too much hate, regardless of whether you personally agree with them or not?

For me, it's the idea of a Gen 8 Pokemon. I know Sword and Shield are...touchy subjects, to put it lightly, but I still enjoyed them and would like to see one in Smash at some point (be it Cinderace or Toxtricity or Zacian).

I don't think I recall to have any requested newcomers that are overhated. I did requested Byleth to join in back at 2019 before he was revealed to join in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate wasn't in the overhated state from the community before his reveal happened that gave him/her some poorly bad thoughts on it. (I am not entirely too sure if the bad reaction was due to Byleth being the only 1st Party Fighter in the Fighter Pass Vol. 1?)

Edited by King Marth 64

as far as my experience goes, and despite him being highly requested, Sora is also very criticized, as a potential Smash DLC, and everytime i asked about this, they gave me the dumbest reasons, such as "i hate the way Disney acts a company so i don't want Nintendo to have anything to do with them" (ignoring how Nintendo and Disney have a very positive relation) or even "if Sora were to be a DLC, Disney would buy Sakurai's team and Nintendo"

i swear, i'm not making these things up, i actually read these things and those who said them were dead serious

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

as far as my experience goes, and despite him being highly requested, Sora is also very criticized, as a potential Smash DLC, and everytime i asked about this, they gave me the dumbest reasons, such as "i hate the way Disney acts a company so i don't want Nintendo to have anything to do with them" (ignoring how Nintendo and Disney have a very positive relation) or even "if Sora were to be a DLC, Disney would buy Sakurai's team and Nintendo"

i swear, i'm not making these things up, i actually read these things and those who said them were dead serious

Oh, trust me, I've read those arguments before. I've also seen people say that if you included Sora and only used KH-original content, you weren't including a character from a Disney crossover anymore. And they'd be right, because that would be including a character who's been established on his own and can stand on his own two legs if he were to be in a crossover appearance.

Mickey's emblem on his Keyblade's keychain, on the other hand? That's more if whether or not Sakurai thinks it's a small enough detail that he can brush it off and include the Kingdom Key as is.

I feel that Jonesy from Fortnite gets way too much hate. Like, I don't particularly care about him getting into Smash, but I feel like people just generally hate on Fortnite in Smash a bit too much. It's not really helped with the huge "Fortnite bad" hivemind online either.