Nintendo Direct announced for 9/23/21

Perkilator

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I really hope the next Fire Emblem is revealed. It's been a bit more than 2 years, the average amount of time in-between games. Although I suppose I can wait a bit longer.

The fact it'll be mostly focused on titles coming out this winter comes off as meaning "nothing past December" to me. I'm doubtful of exciting big new announcements. But January and February are winter's other months, and we don't know what Nintendo has planned for them, so maybe some new announcements to fill those up will happen.

If there is the Smash reveal, pls don't hog the time. 20 minutes of Smash is too many.

Maybe, FE could squeeze in a remake in this window however. SoV was announced in January 2017, and released in April 2017 in Japan. Winter is far enough away for Genealogy/Binding Remake to do the same. -But would it be a little odd for such a game to not have been shown at E3?

Hopes for a FE remake announcement are rising again.

All other things on my wishlist basically have no chance of happening. Though that is what I said last time and we actually got an Advance Wars announcement that time, so who knows.
(Come on Megaman Battle Network, I'm waiting for you.)

My prediction for tomorrow's Nintendo Direct might show:

1. Challenger Pack 11 - 2nd SNK Franchise Rep (maybe be Animation Trailer Only like Joker's and Terry's and it would fill up every 3rd Party Companies with more than 1 3rd Party Franchise each since Kazuya did got announced as the 2nd Bandai Namco Franchise Rep in E3 2021 Direct)
  2. Possibilities of the new Fire Emblem announcement (either a new entry or a Remake we hoped to make it to the Nintendo Switch)
  3. Nintendo 64 Online + N64 Controller or GB Online + GB Controller
  4. More stuff from Splatoon 3
  5. Bayonetta 3
  6. New Mega Man Legacy Collection
  7. More 1st Party Nintendo Games
  8. Advance Wars 1 + 2 Re-boot Camp (new stuff)
  9. Shin Megami Tensei V
  10. Metroid Dread
Edited by King Marth 64

Not really expecting too much here. They will probably show off Metroid Dread one more time, maybe they will show off the final Smash Bros DLC character, probably more SMTV, that new Mario Party game which is still the most interesting Nintendo game for me this year and I kind of hope it's actually good and sells well since it could (though unlikely) lead to it getting DLC with boards based on the Gamecube games, and lastly probably a few new game announcements. So outside of Mario Party and maybe Pokemon I'm not expecting anything from Nintendo to wow me. I would still like an announcement for a new Fire Emblem or Mario Kart game but I don't think either of those will happen here, maybe next year.

I'm predicting that they'll announce a Hyrule Warriors game that they claim is set in the time of the war against Demise in the backstory of Skyward Sword, only for the game to actually take place in an alternate timeline where a robotic cucumber goes back in time and slays Demise.

…Just kidding.

I predict that there won't be any Zelda-related news. I would predict more Metroid Dread announcements, but they've been releasing five trailers per week for that game so I fail to see what more they could say in a direct. Pokémon news is normally handled by the Pokémon YouTube channel, so there probably won't be new information there, but I could be wrong.

I could definitely see them announcing more Smash Bros. DLC.

People always ask what IS has been working on after Three Houses, but uh...they've released two games already. Paper Mario and that new Warioware. On the other hand, Three Houses was mostly developed by Koie Tecmo, with IS sort of serving as the "Ideas Department". Is this the future of Fire Emblem? Advance Wars is similarly in the hands of WayForward at the moment. So the next Fire Emblem may be sooner than we think? Hard to say. I wouldn't bet money on it. Instead I'd rather get burned by predicting Bayonetta 3 for a third time. I can feel it, that game is out there.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

A 40 minute Direct, eh? I think I read a leak somewhere stating there would've been a Direct in September, and now here we are. Now to see how accurate the list was...

I'm hoping for Fire Emblem and Advance Wars news. Specifically, I'm wondering if the next FE is an Echoes installment or a brand new title. As for Advance Wars, I want to see the AW2 campaign so we can see more CO designs.
-- I'm cautiously optimistic about potential Xenoblade Chronicle 3 news as well, although I would be happy with a Xenoblade Chronicles X port.

...and with that I'll probably be good. While I'm sure there will be other amazing titles showcased, my backlog is already filled with too many games to play.

For once, I don't have much of a wishlist. I'm pretty good with Metroid Dread on the horizon. It'd be nice to see what's next for Fire Emblem, but I'm okay if we don't see it here. And by this point I'm more excited for Nickelodeon All-Stars reveals than Smash reveals, and I'm not even guaranteed to buy that game.

Anything about Fire Emblem or Xenoblade would satisfy me, but I really hope X either gets a port or a sequel. The last Smash DLC character will probably be announced, too, so that's something to get excited for. I've also heard rumors about a Castlevania Gameboy Advance Collection, which would be so dope. Oh, and The Great Ace Attorney might make an appearance, too.

Beyond that and Metroid, there really isn't a whole lot else I can think of to look out for.

Fire Emblem news (either a new game or an Elibe/Jugdral remake please!) and a Xenoblade Chronicles X port announcement are my two biggest hopes. A Xenoblade 3 announcement (or alternatively a Xenoblade Chronicles X 2 announcement) and a Rune Factory 5 release window would also be nice though. I'm not really a Xenoblade fan and I already own XBC-X on the WiiU, but I'd gladly buy it again if ported, in joyful anticipation of Chuggaaconroy's inevitable LP of the game. 

Persona 5 on the Switch would be nice as well, but it's really not worth getting my hopes up over. 

5 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

* Golden Sun HD

That would be super cool!

I don't really care what gets announced as long as the games are interesting... though I'll still futilely hope for Pikmin 4, of course. We seem overdue for a new Kirby game, Star Allies is three and a half years old at this point.

I would like to get a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 announcement, but I'd think it would be weird that it wasn't announced at E3. I wouldn't expect it to be released until next summer at earliest so it still might be too early for an announcement.

What I'm hoping for:

• The last DLC Fighter being revealed, ideally to be Crash Bandicoot
  • More BotW2 news
  • Something Mega Man-related, like Mega Man 12 or Mega Man X9
  • Something Spyro-related
  • Something Shantae-related

I expect at least half of it will be stuff I care nothing about, of course.

12 hours ago, whase said:

(Come on Megaman Battle Network, I'm waiting for you.)

Same; I really hope that Battle Network gets its own legacy collection like the older Mega Man series have. I doubt it will be announced in this direct, but I hope it happens at some point.

9 hours ago, Sire said:

-- I'm cautiously optimistic about potential Xenoblade Chronicle 3 news as well, although I would be happy with a Xenoblade Chronicles X port.

I honestly would be more excited about a Xenoblade X port than Xenoblade 3. I still have my Wii U, so I almost-certainly wouldn't buy a port of Xenoblade X, but it really deserves more attention because of its particular strengths (mainly in exploration).

I honestly am not a fan of the Xenoblade series; as much as their stories and worldbuilding are usually interesting, I really do not like the MMO-like combat. As a result, X is the only Xenoblade game I've been able to actually finish because the exploration (and the giant mechs) were able to keep me interested in the gameplay.

Mostly hoping for a new FE reveal. Hopefully a remake of any game from FE4 to FE7 (heck, maybe even FE8) since while I would love a Tellius remake, it’s still relatively new and I’m lucky enough to be able to play those games legitimately on my Wii. Not sure about other series since I’m not super invested in what a lot of other posters have mentioned, but Xenoblade X on the Switch would be hella nice (playing all three on the same console? Sign me up). I’m still kind of hoping they port the two HD Zelda remakes from the Wii U to the Switch (then again, I could just buy the originals for the Wii), but since Skyward Sword HD just released, the only Zelda game I can see them giving news on is BotW 2. And even that’s a maybe.

Pokémon is the one series I’ve been following my whole life, but we just had a Presents like one month ago, so I’m not expecting anything major on that front.

I’m also kind of hoping for some Tales/FF game to be ported to the Switch, but I’m not sure how likely that would be.

We got about around 38 more minutes before the Nintendo Direct starts. I do think they're going to start off revealing Challenger Pack 11 first similar to like Kazuya's trailer started in E3 2021 Direct, but it's going to be animation-only trailer like Joker and Terry when they were introduced. I'm definitely do not think it's going to be Crash Bandicoot, Phoenix Wright, nor the other bigger requested 3rd Part characters are going to be revealed in today's Direct.

Edited by King Marth 64

Well, I can easily say that this direct surprised me.

1. That card-based RPG seemed interesting. I might try the demo for it.

2. Age of Calamity expansion pass; at first I was going to roll my eyes and just wait until the next announcement, but then then it surprised me by Nintendo somehow going the whole announcement without even once falsely claiming that the game is a prequel to Breath of the Wild; they couldn't even go through the DLC presentation at E3 2021 without doing that.

3. Seeing a 3D Kirby game was definitely a huge surprise. I was not expecting that at all.

4. i figured that Nintendo would add N64 games to Switch Online via some kind of expansion pass, as that way they can incentivize people to spend more money, but I was not expecting Sega Genesis games to also be in the expansion. I would've guessed the original Gameboy before guessing Sega Genesis.

5. I was not expecting an announcement for the Mario movie.

Overall though, there wasn't really anything that particularly grabbed my attention.

Another Direct has come. Will there be the last Smash DLC or will they delay that release? Will Metroid Prime get something that's not a delay? Will FE show up?

Spoiler

First we get a dark aesthetic, then a Rathalos?, followed by another dragon showing up and looking menacing, before revealing the title Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak as an expansion. Supposedly adding a bunch of content, but I'm going to say I'll leave it to the fans (much as it's not free DLC). Then there's a Mario Party Superstars trailer with boards and minigame modes. Hmhm. Still out right before my birthday, no thanks. Then there's a card RPG called Voice of Cards, which looks like it's less deck building as it's all cards after all (Also dice), we'll see if it matters when it comes out but there's a demo, so maybe I'll try it. Disco Elysium then gets it's trailer for the definitive edition, I've heard so much positive about it and while my brother has it, I might take a glance for the Switch myself if they make it work and there's a physical version too (though I doubt it'll be easy to get here). Then there's AoC expansion news, with a bunch of story stuff I suppose and the death of the robot? Then we get a Chocobo cart racer (GIVE ME FF7 GOLD SAUCER RACING), going into how the items work and revealing there's up to 64 players in tournament play. It's next year.

The Smash news is revealed to be on the 5th of October, so we're getting delayed after all. I kinda guessed it'd happen. Then we get a trailer of a ruined city that doesn't look like Splatoon to me, but what is it? Then we see Kirby! KIRBY GOT ON THE ISLAND BECAUSE OF KAZUYA! It's a 3D Kirby too, wait yooooo the miracle happened. It actually looks pretty good so far too, powers and all. It's titled Kirby and the Forgotten land, slated for Spring next year (So February at earliest). Then there's AC:NH news, but it's just news of a direct in October and November content (Nothing for Hallow'een?), boo. Then there's Super Rush news with Koopa Troopa and Ninji along with more courses for today, Disney Magical World 2, which is a 3DS port (Why? I guess I just switched off and forgot to see details), KotOR gets a Switch port and then the Cloud version of Dying Light 2 (....No thanks), alongside a port of the first game (Out October). Then we get Triangle Strategy (THEY KEPT THE NAME YOOO), where they talk about feedback (Yay!), with details of the site and a date of March 4th 2022 (Please be good!). Then there's a Dread trailer, showing more footage (but seemingly much the same at first before showing weapons off and a reel I kinda chose to look away from) before a narrated section begins talking about the plot and where to look at the other reports online.

Then's we get confirmed N64 games with NSO, with a bunch of popular titles you'd expect to see (including online multiplayer) and then there's Sega Genesis (Including Phantasy Star). But it's a separate tier (called Expansion Pack), starting in October and also with new controllers for N64 and Genesis gaming for $50. Bah. Next there's a port of Shadowrun Trilogy, Caslevania Advance Collection (All three and Dracula X are confirmed for Today). Actraiser gets a Remake! HOLY SHIT IT LIVES, though the top down section look kinda bad imo but at least it has both versions of music. Either way Actraiser Renaissance is out today. Deltarune Chapter 2 is confirmed to be updated on Chapter 1. Then there's a reel of Hot Wheels Unleashed (end of the month), Surviving the Aftermath (Some point this year?), SMT V, Wreckfest (This fall, lot of racing and apocalypse titles), Namco/Hamster (Arcade anthology, today), RF5 (Getting released in 22 March 2022 (So close to greatness by being on 22 February)).

Suddenly Miyamoto showed up to talk about the movie plan (Ew), releasing next year (It seems to be a bit much to take so long) and having Chris Pratt as Mario (Why?), Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach, Charlie Day as Luigi (No opinion), Jack Black as Bowser (Cool actually, but maybe not the best pick), Key as Toad (Whut. No idea what to make), Seth Rogen as DK (Why?) and Charles Martinet gets shoved into cameo roles (EW). They also dunked on the live action movie in the end, sheesh. Move on.

Then we see a Splatoon 3 montage. I can't comment on is much beyond noting the stretchy arms and being baffled by the (I think) story section of the trailer. It's confirmed that there's mammalians in this one (Huh?) and they have more discussion with some guy playing a researcher. Also, there's a story mode in the others? The final trailer is showing footage of Shibuya with an army moving to face a giant monster and not doing much to it. Then another shows up to wreck the soldiers only to be stopped by someone else then it's the dog from Astral Chain showing up from behind. Only to reveal it's Bayonetta. It's Bayo 3 instead, with combat footage then showing up including her summoning beasts now too. Well, there it finally is and I still see no date beyond 2022.

TLDR: Bunch of stuff for 2022 (oof), Kirby finally gets a new game (In 3D space), Actraiser got a full on remake (Well, I can wait on reviews, but I hope it works out), Triangle Strategy kept the dumb name and no Smash, FE or Pokemon. And the movie was a waste of time.

I'm really quite tepid on Nintendo 64 stuff being on Switch. That's not what they should have focused on. The Wii over a decade ago already had all that stuff on virtual console. The Wii-u already had all that on virtual console. You know what those consoles didn't have? Gamecube games. You know what they should have arranged for the Switch? Gamecube games. Not Ocarina of Time, Star Wars 64 or Paper Mario, but Wind Waker, Star Fox Assault and Thousand Year Door.

All those things they so proudly announced they already announced years ago on other platforms. Now its time for them to finally include the things those other consoles didn't have, and which everyone really wants. Gamecube games. The more the better.