FE7 Daily Chibi Project!

iyasasa

Other units may need experience more than Marcus, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't let him see any action. I wouldn't give him every kill on the map of course, but he's still very useful. In fact, since he doesn't need training, he actually frees up experience to distribute to other units when compared to most other options.

Is there a reason you elected not to the draw the characters' weapons?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Other units may need experience more than Marcus, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't let him see any action. I wouldn't give him every kill on the map of course, but he's still very useful. In fact, since he doesn't need training, he actually frees up experience to distribute to other units when compared to most other options.

Is there a reason you elected not to the draw the characters' weapons?

I want to maybe turn some of them into enamel pins in the future, and the weapons tend to be too narrow or too much like sharp, sticky-out bits to pin very well. So I decided just to not draw anyone's weapons. Also makes them easier to draw, frankly. 

Also, not giving Marcus EXP doesn't mean not letting him see any action - early in the game I always strip him of his weapon and let him function as a meat shield or lure. 

Now for my favorite character of all time: Hector!

FBNMcz6WUAI6D3p?format=png&name=small

5 hours ago, iyasasa said:

Also, not giving Marcus EXP doesn't mean not letting him see any action - early in the game I always strip him of his weapon and let him function as a meat shield or lure.

I remember the funny strat of intentionally reducing his speed with rescue to let him help out without killing too many enemies.

Now for my favorite character of all time: Hector!

FBNMcz6WUAI6D3p?format=png&name=small

Should have figured you would go with Hector mode recruitment order. Hector is also one of my favorite FE characters, that scene he has with Lyn on the boat in Hector Mode always really got to me, as that feeling of having to cry, but being unable to is so soul rending, and so rarely touched upon in media. FE7 did a good job of using Hector to show the cruelty of toxic masculinity, without telling, and it makes Hector a great character.

Also figured I would mention one of the more difficult scenes to see from Hector Mode, if Hector manages to land the killing blow on Linus in Cog of Destiny (which only occurs if you get the Llyod version of Four-Fanged Offensive, and its difficult to pull off stat wise thanks to Hector's story promotion), than he has a retrospective moment with Athos, where he sees himself in the man he killed, in Linus the Mad Dog, the man who was there only to avenge his brother, and regrets that he had to kill...

12 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I remember the funny strat of intentionally reducing his speed with rescue to let him help out without killing too many enemies.

Should have figured you would go with Hector mode recruitment order. Hector is also one of my favorite FE characters, that scene he has with Lyn on the boat in Hector Mode always really got to me, as that feeling of having to cry, but being unable to is so soul rending, and so rarely touched upon in media. FE7 did a good job of using Hector to show the cruelty of toxic masculinity, without telling, and it makes Hector a great character.

Also figured I would mention one of the more difficult scenes to see from Hector Mode, if Hector manages to land the killing blow on Linus in Cog of Destiny (which only occurs if you get the Llyod version of Four-Fanged Offensive, and its difficult to pull off stat wise thanks to Hector's story promotion), than he has a retrospective moment with Athos, where he sees himself in the man he killed, in Linus the Mad Dog, the man who was there only to avenge his brother, and regrets that he had to kill...

Oh hey, I didn't know that! That's super interesting. Thanks for telling me about that. Man, that's one of the things I love about Hector mode - so many hidden gems of conversations and little scenes throughout the entire route. I totally agree with you about Hector. He's just a fantastically written character. 

Here's Oswin! As great of a character as he is, I actually don't use him often. I'm not crazy about the Knight class because I have a NEED for SPEED.

FBRd9hjWEAUG8bS?format=png&name=small

Enter the amazing Guy!!

(...wrong game)

FBbdgdhXIAQknpr?format=png&name=small

I actually never used Guy much in my playthroughs. I'd always try, but for some reason his Strength always ended up useless for me. 

Edited by iyasasa
Adding some commentary

11 hours ago, iyasasa said:

I actually never used Guy much in my playthroughs. I'd always try, but for some reason his Strength always ended up useless for me. 

Sounds about right. I remember one time as a kid where he was actually good in one of my runs, but never again...

Canas! Really like how he turned out. Also does anyone else just bring him to the last level in the game, slap a Luna on him, and let him take out Nergal just for kicks? I've done that a couple times. Feels cheap, but also funny. 

FB2cVsdXEAYVuPT?format=png&name=small

17 hours ago, iyasasa said:

Canas! Really like how he turned out. Also does anyone else just bring him to the last level in the game, slap a Luna on him, and let him take out Nergal just for kicks? I've done that a couple times. Feels cheap, but also funny. 

FB2cVsdXEAYVuPT?format=png&name=small

If I am going to Luna cheese, I just use Athos for that...but I actually like to use Canas, he is a fun unit with a legit monocle. Plus this chibi image of him falling with nothing in his hand is kinda funny.

9 minutes ago, iyasasa said:

Dart! My go-to axeman. Love it when a big buff man is fast as heck. 

FB7oTnYXIAgxRcd?format=png&name=small

Just out of curiosity, have you even gotten his support with Rebecca, and discovered his secret origin?

On 10/12/2021 at 7:19 AM, iyasasa said:

Myrmidons be weak. Bad class.

13 minutes ago, iyasasa said:

Dart! My go-to axeman. Love it when a big buff man is fast as heck. 

Dart is a fun unit, but the chibi style doesn't suit him quite as well as it does the others. I think it's because his arm covers so much more of his shirt, so it doesn't capture the original art quite as well as the previous ones have.

49 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Myrmidons be weak. Bad class

At least Joshua has a cool hat. As for Guy? He's got a funny name. That has to count for something. I mean, his chibi screams "It is I...Guy!". He's the guy. Guy.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If I am going to Luna cheese, I just use Athos for that...but I actually like to use Canas, he is a fun unit with a legit monocle. Plus this chibi image of him falling with nothing in his hand is kinda funny.

Just out of curiosity, have you even gotten his support with Rebecca, and discovered his secret origin?

I don't like using Athos. He's a billion years old; he's had his fun and action in life. It's time to move over and let the young people kill things.

And yeah! I know all Dart's backstory. Very fun stuff. 

3 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Myrmidons be weak. Bad class.

Dart is a fun unit, but the chibi style doesn't suit him quite as well as it does the others. I think it's because his arm covers so much more of his shirt, so it doesn't capture the original art quite as well as the previous ones have.

I like Karel, Marisa, and Joshua; they always turned out fine for me. Interestingly, despite having the same crappy Str growth rates as Guy, the RNG always blessed Marisa's strength in my playthroughs of FE8. So she was always usable. But Guy's strength was always just trash for me.

On 10/20/2021 at 9:15 AM, iyasasa said:

legault who is my go-to for the fell contract. i like matthew as a character, but his strength always turns out crap for me. 

FCEYJkeWQAUa48E?format=png&name=small

I am a little saddened that you removed his face scars, as they are one of his most striking features. Legault is a rather interesting character, with a surprising large number of boss conversations, and talks about Uhai in a few of them. Also even if he is unrecruited, or dead he shows up in the story to talk about the Black Fang, which can get a little odd.

Looks like you missed yesterday. I Hope you are doing OK, and were just too busy or something.

I straight up just forgot about his scars haha. I'll add them to the art later. Was busy yesterday and forgot to post.

Here's Ninian! She's actually my favorite dancer in the whole series. I like her somber, gentle, but brave personality 

FCJ7B7CXsAkjCEq?format=png&name=small

23 hours ago, iyasasa said:

Here's Ninian! She's actually my favorite dancer in the whole series. I like her somber, gentle, but brave personality 

FCJ7B7CXsAkjCEq?format=png&name=small

I think you captured a bit of that somberness with this one.

Isadora! I never use her but she's a cool lady.

FCOmU5CUYAsn949?format=png&name=small

I really like all the characters that join in that chapter, her, Rath, and Heath, but its always so hard to fit more than one or two of them on your team at that point. Well except in the HHM no-Lyn mode ironman run I did that was somehow a successful run, as that was a brutal bloodbath that saw me run through almost all of the units I got (only one unit was alive to sit on the bench for the last chapter...)

19 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think you captured a bit of that somberness with this one.

I really like all the characters that join in that chapter, her, Rath, and Heath, but its always so hard to fit more than one or two of them on your team at that point. Well except in the HHM no-Lyn mode ironman run I did that was somehow a successful run, as that was a brutal bloodbath that saw me run through almost all of the units I got (only one unit was alive to sit on the bench for the last chapter...)

Haha who was the only unit alive?

Here's Heath! I like him a lot even if I find his hair sort of incomprehensible. Also I used his Heroes artwork as the pose reference.

FCVR_ObXoAgfTM8?format=png&name=small

40 minutes ago, iyasasa said:

Haha who was the only unit alive?

Matthew was the sole bench-warmer (and he saw plenty of use earlier in the run) everyone else that lived were deployed for the final map. Oswin, Lowen, Priscilla, Nils/Ninian, Hawkeye, Nino, Jaffar, Renault, Athos, Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector all fought in that last great battle.

17 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Matthew was the sole bench-warmer (and he saw plenty of use earlier in the run) everyone else that lived were deployed for the final map. Oswin, Lowen, Priscilla, Nils/Ninian, Hawkeye, Nino, Jaffar, Renault, Athos, Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector all fought in that last great battle.

A moment of silence for the brave fallen...

And now, partly in honor of him being on your list but mostly because he's next in line for recruitment: Hawkeye! I...have never used him, haha.

FCZQK7-XIAcDBAo?format=png&name=small