I need help with pairings

Silverwind

Hello everyone

I need some help with my pairings. I read a lot who is the best father for certain Kids. But is still hard to decide. And I am sorry for my bad English. English is not my first language.

What I am looking for is to have a good stats and good skills. I confess some of them I choose on the conversations, that i really like and I want keep it. I will playing on hard classic and maybe if I have courage I will use the same pair for the lunatic too,

In fire Emblem Awakening fandom for Laurent, Yarne, Nah, Noire and Gerome there are no description who is good father for them. And I have no DLC

Here the pairs that I already plan to use. I write down, what i want they become. Mostly i like their standart job.

ChromxFeMU(Grandmaster, +Mag,-Luck) = Lucina (Gread Lord)and Morgan (Grandmaster)

LissaxLonqu = Owain (Swordmaster)

StahlxCordellia = Severa (Bow Knight)

SullyxKellam = Kjelle (General)

VaikexCherche =Gerome (Wyvern Lord)

The other kids who doesn't have a father yet:

Cynthia (Falcon Knight or Dark Filer)

Laurent (Dark Knight)

Noire (Sniper)

Nah (Manakete) - I read something Donnel is very good daddy for her.

Brady (Sage)

Inigo (Hero)

Yarne (Tanguel)

I hope you can help me a little bit.

Edited by Silverwind

Unless you're actively looking to sabotage the children as units, Awakening is very flexible in how you can build units. I would suggest taking a look at the resource page for Awakening on Serene's Forest; there are also pages to see the max stats and growth rates for every unit there, too (and skills!). I would highly recommend checking it out. Otherwise, there's not much else I can do except shill for Chrom and Olivia.

3 hours ago, Silverwind said:

I confess some of them I choose on the conversations, that i really like and I want keep it.

Same; I also choose them for the hair color, too.

3 hours ago, Silverwind said:

I read something Donnel is very good daddy for her.

Donnel is fantastic for anyone, really. He can pass down the skill Aptitude, which boosts all growth rates by 20%. 

4 hours ago, Silverwind said:

I'd recommend Henry for Dark Flier if you're grinding, Gaius for Falcon Knight if you're not.

Laurent (Dark Knight)

Ricken for Luna

Noire (Sniper)

Gaius to gain Galeforce if you're grinding, Lon'qu for skill/speed/Astra if you're not. 

He's my go-to choice

Brady (Sage)

Libra is an inoffensive choice. Lon'qu is my go-to, but I'm usually aiming for the Trickster class in that case. 

Inigo (Hero)

Frederick is a solid choice. He gives Inigo a LOT of classes and skills, as well as some nice bulk. (He does blunt some of Olivia's speed inheritance though.)

Yarne (Tanguel)

Frederick is my go-to pick here, but Lon'qu and Gregor are also good options. 

First off, your English is fine.

To the topic at hand:

7 hours ago, Silverwind said:

I will note that Sumia (Cynthia's mother) has a limited husband pool. Since Robin has already taken Chrom (one of the four husband choices for her; I'm assuming this is not negotiable), you have to pick between Frederick, Gaius and Henry for her. In this case, I'd likely recommend the latter.

Laurent (Dark Knight)

Ricken is a great choice here.

Brady (Sage)

I'd recommend Libra here.

I don't know where you heard that from, but I don't think it's right. Might I recommend Gregor instead? I thiiiink Virion works here too.

Inigo (Hero)

Frederick would be my pick. You might also be able to make Virion work here.

Yarne (Tanguel)

Noire (Sniper)

I'm not sure about these last two...

EDIT: I'll warn you ahead of time, Lunatic is really unfair, and you won't be able to get everyone without DLC, because skirmishes get out of hand quickly.

Edited by Shadow Mir

9 hours ago, indigoasis said:

Unless you're actively looking to sabotage the children as units, Awakening is very flexible in how you can build units. I would suggest taking a look at the resource page for Awakening on Serene's Forest; there are also pages to see the max stats and growth rates for every unit there, too (and skills!). I would highly recommend checking it out. Otherwise, there's not much else I can do except shill for Chrom and Olivia.

Same; I also choose them for the hair color, too.

Donnel is fantastic for anyone, really. He can pass down the skill Aptitude, which boosts all growth rates by 20%. 

yeah, some haircolour looks very nice on them. and thank you for your link.

8 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'd recommend Henry for Dark Flier if you're grinding, Gaius for Falcon Knight if you're not.

Ricken for Luna

Gaius to gain Galeforce if you're grinding, Lon'qu for skill/speed/Astra if you're not. 

He's my go-to choice

Libra is an inoffensive choice. Lon'qu is my go-to, but I'm usually aiming for the Trickster class in that case. 

Frederick is a solid choice. He gives Inigo a LOT of classes and skills, as well as some nice bulk. (He does blunt some of Olivia's speed inheritance though.)

Frederick is my go-to pick here, but Lon'qu and Gregor are also good options. 

Thank you for your advice, i will plan more carefully.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

First off, your English is fine.

To the topic at hand:

I will note that Sumia (Cynthia's mother) has a limited husband pool. Since Robin has already taken Chrom (one of the four husband choices for her; I'm assuming this is not negotiable), you have to pick between Frederick, Gaius and Henry for her. In this case, I'd likely recommend the latter.

Ricken is a great choice here.

I'd recommend Libra here.

I don't know where you heard that from, but I don't think it's right. Might I recommend Gregor instead? I thiiiink Virion works here too.

Frederick would be my pick. You might also be able to make Virion work here.

I'm not sure about these last two...

EDIT: I'll warn you ahead of time, Lunatic is really unfair, and you won't be able to get everyone without DLC, because skirmishes get out of hand quickly.

It says, Donnel give her good luck (her stat end on 50 luck). If she get galeforce, sol, armshift and more, she will be very good unit. But thank you for your advice too, Haha.... maybe i should get the DLC one day.....

Edited by Silverwind

47 minutes ago, Silverwind said:

It says, Donnel give her good luck (her stat end on 50 luck). If she get galeforce, sol, armshift and more, she will be very good unit. But thank you for your advice too, Haha.... maybe i should get the DLC one day.....

Well, that's true, but high luck is about Donnel's only selling point as a father (also, I would add Nah is likely to have speed problems, and Donnel doesn't help with that; in fact, he makes those worse. Also of note, Sol is not very good; it only heals for half the damage done, and if you're 2HKOing, you'd heed to pray it activates on the first attack, as otherwise it wouldn't help much with staying alive). Also, exactly what are you aiming to do? Because by the time you start capping stats, most enemies are too weak to put up a fight... about the only one that would have the stats to put up a fight then is the final boss.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 9/23/2021 at 9:33 AM, Shadow Mir said:

Well, that's true, but high luck is about Donnel's only selling point as a father (also, I would add Nah is likely to have speed problems, and Donnel doesn't help with that; in fact, he makes those worse. Also of note, Sol is not very good; it only heals for half the damage done, and if you're 2HKOing, you'd heed to pray it activates on the first attack, as otherwise it wouldn't help much with staying alive). Also, exactly what are you aiming to do? Because by the time you start capping stats, most enemies are too weak to put up a fight... about the only one that would have the stats to put up a fight then is the final boss.

Ah I see. It seems skills and Speed are very important to dodge and active the skill. To be honest i only look at the luck from nah and Donnel as her father. I didn't think that far. I my current game I paired Nowi and Ricken. I thought he has lots of useful skill that Nah can use. (and i like her hair colour)

Well I am aiming good pairs for the lunatic. So i want be prepare and not getting the feeling that i paired with the wrong person. I always get the feeling, no this is not right, that i want start again. And I know there is no right or wrong Pairings. And i l like use all of them and not always the same. Testing how good they are with the build and more.

For example Gaius, Sumia and Cordellia

I paired him with Cordellia because i like their conversations and Severa looks very good with orange hair. I also like Stahl with Cordellia and Severas Haircolour. Since read the DLC future past in fire emblem fandom since i dont have DlC. Between Cynthia and Severa Conversation was very cute and i like it a lot, but orange hair on Cyntia, yeah i need get use. So Severa wins.

Right now Sumia is married to Henry and Stahl to Maribelle. (I read Brady will not get any negative stats but is very average stats and with lots of good skills to choose)

I dont want get the feeling like this:. No, I want Cordellia married  back to Stahl, Henry to Maribelle and Gaius to Sumia now. Giving the feeling I want restart the game, please. I know it is stupid, I try not to do. But right now i am very obsessed with this game and i want play it very perfect.  Thats why i open this topic.

Sorry, I think is a little off from the topic?

And thank you for your help. I will get Dlc in the future and try the lunatic out.

Edited by Silverwind