Howdy

GarretS12

Hey guys.  My experience with FE started when I was a kid with a game boy advance playing FE7 and 8, and I totally forgot about them until this year when I went and dug up my GBA after hearing about the Advance Wars reboot.  I replayed the games and emulated FE6 and had a blast.  I found out that FE has an online community and watched plenty of youtube and read a lot of the discussions on here, and it's really cool to see a franchise this old still getting all this attention.  Anyways, the main reason I made this account is that after hearing a lot of people saying that the final boss of FE8 is a really disappointing pushover (he is) I tried my hand at romhacking and edited the level.  Essentially I just removed the central bridge to him and put some enemies on the side paths so that he has time to summon and throw some stuff at you.  It's nothing spectacular and the fight will still probably take less than 10 turns, but it definitely improves the experience and (at least for me) removes the bad taste the incredibly easy ending always left in my mouth.  I'm not quite sure how to upload it because A- I can't seem to post under fan projects and B- It's just a slightly edited version of the complete FE8 rom and I'm not sure if that violates the piracy rules.  If you can lend a hand, please let me know!

Welcome to the forest, and the reason you can't make a topic is because you need to reply to some existing topics and show a bit of activity before you can start creating your own posts. I don't know if that counts as piracy however. Good luck on your endeavors!

7 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Welcome to the forest, and the reason you can't make a topic is because you need to reply to some existing topics and show a bit of activity before you can start creating your own posts. I don't know if that counts as piracy however. Good luck on your endeavors!

Thanks for the explanation!

1 hour ago, GarretS12 said:

I'm not quite sure how to upload it because A- I can't seem to post under fan projects and B- It's just a slightly edited version of the complete FE8 rom and I'm not sure if that violates the piracy rules.  If you can lend a hand, please let me know!

If you are posting a patch that can be applied to a rom, it wouldn't constitute piracy, but uploading the modified rom probably would. If nothing else you can try sending a message to one of the mods to help you get something started in the fan project section.

Welcome to the forest!

4 hours ago, GarretS12 said:

It's just a slightly edited version of the complete FE8 rom and I'm not sure if that violates the piracy rules.  If you can lend a hand, please let me know!

Uploading any sort of ROM does indeed violate the piracy rules of the forum. As Eltosian said just above me, you can indeed share your mod using a patch! I quite like NUPS  for GBA games, but there are other options.

Welcome to the Forest, GarretS12!

Well, everyone answered your interrogations already so... 

16 hours ago, GarretS12 said:

and it's really cool to see a franchise this old still getting all this attention.

Yeah, it's prettty cool that FE still got it goin'. But to be fair, most franchise games nowadays are actually quite old.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Greetings, Garret. Hope you like your stay here.

I will also hone in on the following:

20 hours ago, GarretS12 said:

it's really cool to see a franchise this old still getting all this attention.

Not only this, but it has gotten more popular as time has gone by. I'd still definitely call it nichey, but with each release, the niche grows.

• 4 weeks later...

Full disclosure? We are heavy into necromancy here. We just can’t seem to let old things die, Fire Emblem the most important of said things. We’ll be lauding and memeing Genealogy well into 2041, and Sacred Stones is good until at leeeaast 2071. So you’re in the right place, pardner.

Y’know, Lyon also left a bad taste in my mouth. It was totally consensual; no worries. But I thought we had something special. Turns out he just wanted to resurrect an old demon god or something. Are you noticing a trend here? It’s disappointment. I for one am deleting my Magvel Singles account. You should do the same. Falling for mage princes is a serious downer…

Welcomiest of welcomes to our full star hotel! Hope you yada yada. Something something enjoy/stay. Spoiler alert: there’s no bacon in the continental breakfast. Take it up with management(please).