Low stats before promotion

FailWood

Was playing Birthright again, and got Hayato to level 20 with only 9 Magic (starts with a base Magic of 4, and had 19 levels to grow with a 55% Magic growth in his starting class of Diviner).  What are some of the worst experiences you've had with stat screwed units (from any Fire Emblem game)?

^That's a funny Ike. -4 Str, but +4 Spd and +2.6 Def.

I don't remember an outstanding case of RNG-screwage, but there's the occasional character that just won't grow Str/Mag. But that's often on characters that are weak in that area to begin with, so a modest amount of bad luck goes a long way. For example, Vanessa's combat often just won't ever get rolling for me because she still sits at, like, 7 Str at Lv. 15. Which is "only" three points below her average, but it makes her really bad against anything that isn't a mage or maybe a soldier.

The Kaze in my current Birthright run has 8 strength. At level 14. Needless to say, he ended up as a benchwarmer. Which tends to be about the only thing he's good for anyhow...

In Radiant Dawn, I once had a Micaiah have only 9 Speed at level 20 (that's 4 less then her average) before her first promotion.  Thankfully BEXP fixed it later, but it was funny imagining her being slower then Oliver despite being a twig compared to him.

4 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AM-JKLWqhHWyNNUu6EyzQGDXQ2SEa86Kl0xgz80Q

Fun fact, that is lower than her base strength would be if I skipped Lyn mode...needless to say I dropped her after getting her sister.

That's her Lyn mode base Strength, meaning she hasn't leveled Strength even once.  Between that and the comment before about Vanessa, just reenforces why I don't like GBA Pegasus Knights.