Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Corrobin

Triangle Strategy Thread

Recommended Posts

The game is coming out 04/03/2022!

They're listening to some of our demo criticisms and adding extra options and stuff.

Also, side note, I noticed Hughette (Not!Chocobo rider) has a different title/class than the demo. There, it was 'Scout' but here it's "Flier Master", so there is probably some sort of promotion/class system going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, at least we got a release date, so i'm more than satisfied

i'm definitely getting it as soon as it comes out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2021 at 7:53 PM, Corrobin said:

The game is coming out 04/03/2022!

Using the European dating format to make me think that this game is coming out 30 days after its actual release? You have gone to the one place I cannot follow!

...Ahem. The 4th of March, everybody.Β 

On 9/24/2021 at 3:34 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

I hope they updated the mages somewhat. Their extremely poor movement made them really hard to use.Β 

I'm kinda torn on the Mages. Like, I loved the Ice Mage's terrain effect (constructing ice blocks to limit enemy movement), but the actual magical attacks seemed to take too long to charge up. Mages can only deal solid damage once every couple turns - otherwise, they're underwhelming with physical weapons. Maybe the final game will have some magical weapons, allowing for solid combat outside of spells?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I feel about TS mages is the same way I feel about Langrisser ones. They won't be your primary damage dealers, but when they are useful, they'reΒ reallyΒ useful.

Β 

Extra movement to ensure they're there when they need to do their job would be much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'm kinda torn on the Mages. Like, I loved the Ice Mage's terrain effect (constructing ice blocks to limit enemy movement), but the actual magical attacks seemed to take too long to charge up. Mages can only deal solid damage once every couple turns - otherwise, they're underwhelming with physical weapons. Maybe the final game will have some magical weapons, allowing for solid combat outside of spells?

Oh yeah. I kinda forget magic being finite. Oof. The poor mages really have the game conspiring against them.

The devs should probably avoid making the mages akin to the FE armor knights who Kaga probably suspected would be overpowered and thus struck them with multiple crippling weaknesses at the same time, which in turn leads to the consensus that armor knights are among the worst classes.Β 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The way I feel about TS mages is the same way I feel about Langrisser ones. They won't be your primary damage dealers, but when they are useful, they'reΒ reallyΒ useful.

Β 

Extra movement to ensure they're there when they need to do their job would be much appreciated.

I wouldn't be surprised to see movement-boosting options (like a "Stride" technique, or a March Ring-style equippable) in the full game. Perhaps we'll get cavalry or flying mages, too. One can hope, at least!

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh yeah. I kinda forget magic being finite. Oof. The poor mages really have the game conspiring against them.

The devs should probably avoid making the mages akin to the FE armor knights who Kaga probably suspected would be overpowered and thus struck them with multiple crippling weaknesses at the same time, which in turn leads to the consensus that armor knights are among the worst classes.Β 

Magic uses aren't finite, per se, so much as they require a few turns to charge. And that is an interesting metaphor to draw. Maybe some later magical techniques will be exceptionally strong, thus balancing against the class weaknesses? I'm hoping they'll wind up better than their Demo performance.Β 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like what we've seen about magic users is limited by the fact that we haven't really seen the environmental effects much. We'll know more when we can play around with maps with, say, water to evaporate with fire/freeze with water/shock with lightning, and terrain like that and so forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2021 at 11:38 AM, Corrobin said:

I feel like what we've seen about magic users is limited by the fact that we haven't really seen the environmental effects much. We'll know more when we can play around with maps with, say, water to evaporate with fire/freeze with water/shock with lightning, and terrain like that and so forth.

Even the bit with Falkelands had something with the burnable wheat, as well as the Shaman having the ability to summon rain which could effect her lightning spells (it spread through watery terrain) and then the Ice mage had some interaction with ice tiles if I recall correctly.. I hope they do more from there that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm optimistic. The game looks gorgeous, and hearing that the speed of the game has been increased is good, since that was one of the sticking points I had in the demo. Otherwise, I had no issues with the gameplay.

Looks to be an interesting game all around. Will pick it up day one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...