Since Nintendo managed to add Sega Genesis Online as their first 3rd Party Console for Nintendo Switch Online library, what other retro 3rd Party consoles do you want to see it get added in Nintendo Switch Online library?

King Marth 64

What other 3rd Party Consoles do you want to see it gets added to the Nintendo Switch Online library?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3rd Party Consoles do you like to see it in NSO Library?

• Sega Master System
    • TurboGrafx-16
    • Sega Saturn (first time on a Nintendo console)
    • Commodore64
    • MSX
    • Game Gear
    • SG-1000 (first time on a Nintendo console)
    • Other 3rd Party Consoles

Since today's Nintendo Direct not only reveal Nintendo 64 Online is coming, but the Sega Genesis Online was very unexpected reveal for Nintendo Switch Online since this is the first 3rd Party Console added to the Nintendo Switch Online library as well. Since this is now possible, what other 3rd Party Consoles do you like to coming to Nintendo Switch Library since Sega Genesis Online now become a thing?

I was thinking a TurboGrafx-16 Online, a Sega Master System Online since we don't have much Sega Master System games on the Sega Ages Collection for the Nintendo Switch eShop, and and maybe a SG-1000 Online for the first time on a Nintendo console definitely needs to happen.

Edited by King Marth 64

Just go back to the Wii Shop days and port everything from there to the Switch.
-- Bonus Points if they also do DSi titles on the Switch, although that will be more complicated since the DS is dual screen and Switch is only one.

If Sega is involved, a part of me would like to see the Dreamcast available since I had one of those as a hand-me-down. While there are improved ports of Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia (specifically the Legends version of SoA), seeing the Dreamcast versions on the Switch console would be cool.

CD-i. Let us finally play Hotel Mario, Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon on a Nintendo console.

Realistically, though, I'm probably not going to be interested in paying extra for the more expensive Switch Online package unless they really improve either the size of their library or how often they roll out new updates. Just knowing that the game that I'm interested in might or might not appear at some point in the vague and non-specific future doesn't really excite me.

9 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Turbografx and Sega Saturn for me. Neo Geo would probably be the best answer, but a lot of those games made it to the switch eshop individually so that probably makes very little sense from SNK's perspective.

Yeah, I definitely excluded Neo Geo out in the poll due to we already have massive Neo Geo games in Arcade Archives on the Nintendo eShop. I definitely think TurboGrafx-16 Online should deserve to be in since newer players who started of the playing Nintendo Switch should try out the TurboGrafx-16 games.

Edited by King Marth 64

My pick, which will not happen for obvious reasons, is the PlayStation 1. I never had the original N64, so some of my earliest gaming memories come from that system. My main experience was with the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon series, along with a handful of racing games. But PS1 on NSO could allow for a whole variety of classic titles, including some with Smash representation (i.e. Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night). Of course, the current rivalry between Sony and Nintendo makes this prospect all but impossible.

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

My pick, which will not happen for obvious reasons, is the PlayStation 1. I never had the original N64, so some of my earliest gaming memories come from that system. My main experience was with the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon series, along with a handful of racing games. But PS1 on NSO could allow for a whole variety of classic titles, including some with Smash representation (i.e. Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night). Of course, the current rivalry between Sony and Nintendo makes this prospect all but impossible.

I definitely think a PlayStation Online on the Nintendo Switch would be very super unlikely since Sony is still making PlayStation Consoles and still rivals to Nintendo. Sony still selling those PSOne Classics in the PlayStation Store in Modern PlayStation Consoles. We definitely know that Sega had to stop making Consoles after the DreamCast due to the marketing issues with Japan and WorldWide in the past from each Consoles, I don't see Sony is doing the same thing since they don't have a major Console Marketing Issues like Sega had.

Edited by King Marth 64