How do I steal Cyas/Saias's staves in chapter 17A?

tekato

In chapter 17A (Leonster's Gate), he appears after turn 10 and carries a Sleep staff and a Fortify staff.

I can't use Tina's Thief staff to steal his staves, despite her capped Magic and his Sleep staff is listed at
https://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/miscellaneous/item-locations/

Edited by tekato
missing word

What are Tina/Saias' stats?  Full stats, not just magic. I have a theory, but since I've never played FE5, I'm not sure if it holds water.  Hence why I'm going to math it out.

18 hours ago, tekato said:

In chapter 17A (Leonster's Gate), he appears after turn 10 and carries a Sleep staff and a Fortify staff.

I can't use Tina's Thief staff to steal his staves, despite her capped Magic and his Sleep staff is listed at
https://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/miscellaneous/item-locations/

In-game question about Cyas.Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

Distant_Rainbow (Topic Creator) 11 years ago

Darn it, I should have raised Tina a little more so I could swipe Cyas's Sleep and Silence staves... oh wait, don't tell me he's immune to the Thief staff as well... <_<

bottlegnomes 11 years ago

^Yep he is.

11 hours ago, tekato said:

⋯ we should remove his staves in chapter 17A & 22 in Thracia's Item Locations section.

I do not know if they aren't obtainable through a thief.
If a warp isn't prevented next to the Highlander and if the speed's rule is ♪ valid… IF!

That space can't be targeted by warp
and… the thief should be flying.

Fire Emblem - Thracia 776 (17a).png

Edited by WolfTwin
Blurtings…

You can't target him with the thief staff, but you can steal them with a normal thief.

On my last playthrough, I berserked the ballista just south of where Reinhardt's squad is. That caused one of the paladins surrounding Cyas to move to attack the ballista. That left enough space to warp a thief and steal a staff. You could even steal two if you get lucky with re-movement.

Edit: Whoops, I misread the title and thought this was about Chapter 22. It doesn't look like it's possible in 17A.

Edited by Robert Stewart

So technically by using cheats, we can give a flier the "Steal" skill and swipe his staves? Too bad I have already finished the game, that'll be looked into in my 3rd playthrough.

Oh that's dumb, cheating another Sleep staff is much easier.

Edited by tekato