Let's say, hypothetically, it's Waluigi Time

AnonymousSpeed

The casting for the upcoming Mario movie is like someone turned a shitpost into real life.

Once the initial shock and awe wore off, I was actually quite indifferent, but I decided to share my few thoughts here for some reason- probably a bad reason.

I don't mind Jack Black as Bowser, actually. He's one of those guys who's so weird he'd fit as basically any Mario character you cast him as, even Peach.

Sebastian Maniscalco is in the movie, apparently? I actually like him so I'm okay with that, but I feel like it was a missed opportunity to have a walking real-life exaggerated Italian stereotype play one of the brothers.

Speaking of missed opportunities, the worst part about casting Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong is how it helped me realize how much better it would be if Joe Rogan voiced Donkey Kong.

Lastly, of course, the lack of Ben Shapiro as Waluigi is a great disappointment.

5 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I don't mind Jack Black as Bowser, actually. He's one of those guys who's so weird he'd fit as basically any Mario character you cast him as, even Peach.

On the one hand, let's hope for some musical numbers for Bowser.

On the other hand, Kevin Michael Richardson is in the movie and he doesn't voice Bowser, which is a crime in itself.

14 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

The perfect timeline where Jack Black was the entire cast was taken from us.

14 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Lastly, of course, the lack of Ben Shapiro as Waluigi is a great disappointment.

Who would you have that isn't even more of a terrifying shitpost on top of what's already there?

9 hours ago, ping said:

That I should have seen coming due to who posted it.

9 hours ago, ping said:

On the other hand, Kevin Michael Richardson is in the movie and he doesn't voice Bowser, which is a crime in itself.

That we can blame on their focus on celebrity recognition on their main characters. Least he's the real big bad as Kamek.

It's funny how much of the cast I wasn't familiar with in terms of their prior work. Shows how out of the loop I am.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

The perfect timeline where Jack Black was the entire cast was taken from us.

Jack Black playing with Mario action figures except its been animated by Illumination.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Who would you have that isn't even more of a terrifying shitpost on top of what's already there?

Jordan Peterson as Wario.

"That's the bloody thing about Wario Time."

Damn, "Chris Pratt and Charlie Day take on the Intellectual Dark WebTM" is not what I expected out of my funny Italian plumber movie, but here we are.

Eh, I don't have particularly high hopes for this movie, and the casting didn't really allay that. There are some good talents there, but trying to match the "voices to the faces" is giving me a headache. But in a world of "Detective Pikachus" and "Sonic Movies", I suppose I shouldn't write this endeavor off too soon.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Damn, "Chris Pratt and Charlie Day take on the Intellectual Dark WebTM" is not what I expected out of my funny Italian plumber movie, but here we are.

In golf, to be specific.

I don't know, I'm kind of excited. Mario and Rabbids worked out shockingly well against all logic, so this could be great.