Fan of Writing and Drawing to a fault

Rooben

Hello hello! My name is Rooben, I decided to join Serenes Forest after reminiscing on the FE series. 

I started playing the Fire Emblem series when I was a bit young, and my name actually comes from an old joke based on Robin. I haven't played many games in the series though, only Awakening, Fates and Three Houses. I own Echoes but I still haven't taken it out of it's packaging, and I've been meaning to play some other titles in the franchise. Awakening is my favorite out of the three, but the other games have their merits so it's hard to choose 

I'm really into writing, to a fault really. I want to write myself, so when it comes to Fire Emblem I like paying close attention to the characters and plot, as well as discussing it well beyond the point that I should sometimes. "All for progress" I say to myself! I'm also practicing to become a better artist and character designer. The visual design of both Awakening and Fates has been a huge influence on me and recently I've been working towards understanding the outfit and character design to use the knowledge in my own works.

The last thing I want to mention in my introduction is that I've been studying Japanese for around 4 years now, and aim to be a translator in the future! Though, my biggest fault is my small vocabulary, which I have recently been dedicating my studies to fleshing them out. Eventually I want to play through a Fire Emblem game in Japanese, but until then, it'll just be watching Three Houses support conversations in Japanese, picking out the words I do understand.

I'm hoping to meet others who have similar interests here, but considering the circumstances, that won't be too hard. Here's to hoping! But before that, I need to remember to stay active here...

Welcome to the Forest, Rooben!

Good luck with drawing, writing and learning Japanese!

I believe there's been plenty discussions about some topics that might interests you. Just gotta dig a bit.

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! And thanks for the luck! I'm gonna need it!

12 hours ago, Ycine said:

Welcome to the Forest, Rooben!

Good luck with drawing, writing and learning Japanese!

I believe there's been plenty discussions about some topics that might interests you. Just gotta dig a bit.

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

And of course, I'll have to take a look through the forms and find something up my alley. It won't be that hard

• 4 months later...