• Shinon: Scathing Archer
    • Leif: Destined Scions
    • Claude: King of Unification
    • Louise: Lady of Violets
    • Virion: Elite Archer
    • Eleonora: Shooting Starlet
    • Igrene: Nabata Protector

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2021 at 02:59 AM

I love that Virion technically holds 2 slots in this Voting Gauntlet. Might be time for me to use my invested Virion I've been building!

Leif is a little odd here (Leif is fairly new though so I get it, and Brigid is also seasonal), but I'm actually kinda impressed by the diversity of games represented here. Arch, Jug, Elibe, Tell, Future Arch, Fod, and even TMS. Cynic in me thought that it'd be more slanted towards fewer continents, yet I very likely haven't paid all much attention to the makeup of VGs.

I would say who I’m going with, but I’m not even going to bother this time because they’re going to get screwed over one way or another regardless of who it is.

If you do want to know for some reason, check the poll.

40 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm going with Duo Leif this time, but it would be amazing if Virion won.

What, were you seriously not satisfied with Wrys, Caspar and CYL Ephraim (plus Annand almost) winning VGs this year?

We’ve had more than enough dumb VG outcomes for one year.

Pulled a +Spd Eleonora on a somewhat recent banner as a pity breaker, so I'm going with her. (Also because Eleonora v. Virion in round 2 sounds funny.)

No idea who to support if she loses, but Claude has been pretty good to me if you count pity breaking me a million times on Ashera's banner "good". I've also pulled an unnecessarily large number of copies of Louise recently for some unknown reason, so she's also an option, I guess, though none of them are +Spd because of course they wouldn't be.

Leif + Seliph, Claude, Igrene, and Louise are my main choices. I'll probably go with Leif + Seliph, because I don't have Igrene or Louise (yet) and I'm very tired of seeing Three Houses everywhere in Heroes. Although, I also don't have Leif + Seliph, but...eh.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

12 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

Norne is not a part of this. 
I am offended for her. lol

Honestly, they should've picked her over Jeorge since he got to be in the headband VG (and got the honor of losing to Mia in the final round too).

Also, Jeorge is lowkey one of the worst bow units in the game at this point.

Huh, I'm surprised that there's a slight male lean on the gender ratio here. Still, the theme is pretty boring. And if you're going to pick "ace archers" as the theme, then you need to lean fully into it. That said, I would not have objected to Faye being in here for the laughs since she can't actually use a bow in her home game. Anyway, Jeorge, Shinon, Claude, and Louise all fit the theme, but I don't know about the other ones. Leif isn't specifically known for his archery skills in his home world, and I think the others are more known for the following: Igrene = lives in a desert, protects dragons. Eleonora = pop idol. Virion = displaced nobleman from Valm and flirt. Not exactly archery masters so much as people who can do archery decently well. Personally, I would have replaced them with Takumi and maybe Shamir, plus maybe someone who inherited the major blood of someone who has a legendary bow from FE4/5. Equal game representation isn't necessary, but if it happens to work with the theme it's nice.

I think this would have been better after Cyril got into the game so that we could have a masters and students banner with Shinon, Rolf, Jeorge, Gordon, Louise, Klein, Shamir and Cyril. (Though having Setsuna and Norne in reference to that one FB would have been nice/funny.)

Anyway, I'm supporting Shinon. I have the most affinity for him out of everyone listed here, plus he fits the theme.

Edit: Whoa! Virion beat Louise?! Didn't see that one coming. Ignrene beat the pop idol, too, so we won't be having a Virion showdown, unfortunately. Oh well. Leif beating Claude was only a little unexpected, since he's the newer unit. Hopefully, Shinon can win against everyone, but Igrene has an advantage for pulling people from the other teams to hers, since she's the only remaining female. We'll see how things play out.

Edited by Mercakete

Team Virion, how are we still alive? I didn't expect for us to ACTUALLY win that round.

Edited by FlyingKitsune

7 minutes ago, FlyingKitsune said:

Team Virion , how are we still alive? I didn't expect for us to ACTUALLY win that round.

He's still alive because the designated Team Feather Mercenaries (like CYL Ephraim, Caspar, Annand, Wrys, etc.) has been sticking around for far longer than they should in a lot of these recent VGs.

I want Voting Gauntlet to be a normal popularity contest where I can vote for my favorite waifus and husbandos and win. Since they implemented the dumb multiplier system, I gradually lost interest in voting for favorites, and now I just go with the least popular  characters since they can give me the most Feathers.

I'm kind of surprised Virion beat ALL THREE OF THE WOMEN in this gauntlet and can't help the joke "Of course he did. He's a lady killer." Also, pleasantly surprised that Shinon's in the finals!

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I want Voting Gauntlet to be a normal popularity contest where I can vote for my favorite waifus and husbandos and win. Since they implemented the dumb multiplier system, I gradually lost interest in voting for favorites, and now I just go with the least popular  characters since they can give me the most Feathers.

The problem with the game mode before the multiplier system was that there was literally no point in joining the teams of less popular characters because joining the single most popular team would always guarantee the most feathers. With the first iteration of the multiplier system, there was still no point in joining the teams of less popular characters because the victory reward was enough to offset the cumulative score reward.

If rewards are all you care about, none of the previous formats made it worth voting for your favorites unless your favorites were the most popular characters.