Fire Emblem Heroes - Mythic Hero (Ótr: Kingsbrother)

XRay

Blegh... Otr is bad.  A (by Gen 5~6 standards) mediocre weapon and pre-charged Luna.  Decent stats, but that's to be expected.  At least he has decent fodder, but not good enough to draw any Orbs from me.  Further more, I don't want anyone else on the banner, so... easy pass for me.  I've already spent enough in the past couple months, thank you very much.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Something something men are slow which is why in the real world men are on average faster than women, rite?????

I mean, that's kind of what you'd expect to happen to anyone if they're wearing heavy armor and carrying an oversized axe, and wearing heavy armor and carrying an oversized axe is far more common for male characters than female characters in the typical fantasy setting.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I mean, that's kind of what you'd expect to happen to anyone if they're wearing heavy armor and carrying an oversized axe, and wearing heavy armor and carrying an oversized axe is far more common for male characters than female characters in the typical fantasy setting.

Sounds like fantasy settings need more female characters who wear heavy armor and carry oversized axes.

(Blood Knight has one of those!)

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Sounds like fantasy settings need more female characters who wear heavy armor and carry oversized axes.

Indeed. In any universe where a male character can somehow use an axe of that size, a female character should at least be able to comfortably use an axe about 13% smaller in each dimension (two thirds the weight, given that the Olympic weightlifting world records for women are about two thirds of those for men).

For reference, assuming the axe in Amelia's art is made of solid steel (because she has the largest axe relative to the size of the user), it should weigh somewhere around 180 kg or 400 lbs.

• Steel has a density of about 8 g/cc.
  • The haft is about 4 cm in diameter and 2 m long, so about 20 kg.
  • The lug is about 15 cm in diameter and 30 cm long, so about 40 kg excluding the part already counted in the haft.
  • The front head is probably equivalent to a 50 cm by 50 cm sheet 4 cm thick, so about 80 kg.
  • The back head is probably equivalent to a 30 cm by 40 cm sheet 4 cm thick, so about 40 kg.

The men's Olympic world record for the snatch lift (ground to overhead in one action) is 223 kg, meaning swinging around an axe of that size is obviously well outside of the range of plausibility in the real world for any real human being.

Tool axes in real life, which can afford to be heavy because trees can't dodge and usually don't fight back, are about 2 kg.

If in a fictional setting there's something allowing a man of reasonable proportions to comfortably use an axe that size, there should be nothing preventing a woman of reasonable proportions from using a similar axe (again, about 13% smaller if you want a similar amount of finesse).

EDIT: My usual shit luck on Legendary/Mythic banners continues. Surprise, surprise. 47 pulls and I'm done; I don't want to deal with this anymore:

• 1 Otr
  • 1 Byleth
  • 2 Celica

Because of course I'd get 2 of the unit I don't need and because of course it wouldn't be until my fourth 5-star before I actually get Otr.

And because Otr is a slow unit, it's pretty obvious the game would give me [+Spd, -Atk] to spite me, and that's exactly what it did.

8.5% 5-star rate, which is average.

Edited by Ice Dragon

46 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Saw on /r/FEH that apparently Otr's banner is by far the worst selling mythic banner in FEH's history (going by sensortower data up to this point).

that is .... impressively bad, lmao.

I could believe it. Practically no one liked this guy or wanted him, but they made him a Mythic anyways.

This is precisely why I thought they'd bundle Otr with lance Fafnir. That hypothetical probably wouldn't be a banger in terms of sales either, but it certainly wouldn't be the worst ever.

1 hour ago, kradeelav said:

Saw on /r/FEH that apparently Otr's banner is by far the worst selling mythic banner in FEH's history (going by sensortower data up to this point).

that is .... impressively bad, lmao.

Can you link it? I do not see anything on Reddit. I also tried to look it up on Sensor Tower too, but I hit a paywall if I try to dig any deeper than the app's overview page, and the overview page does not really tell me much besides the previous month's revenue.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Can you link it? I do not see anything on Reddit. I also tried to look it up on Sensor Tower too, but I hit a paywall if I try to dig any deeper than the app's overview page, and the overview page does not really tell me much besides the previous month's revenue.

No problem, just found it again.  Copying quoted text here:

"Following my ping last night, the Otr banner is indeed tracking to be the worst banner in FEH history by a hugeeee shot.

The intern-kun "oopsie" timing is super sus as it was just past the Japanese evening peak spending when the majority of the banner income lies. And yeaaaa according to Sensortower this Otr banner is a huge disaster. Putting him into my list with the tentative rankings (which is likely not gonna change) he is not D, not even E, but comfortably in F. F.

EDIT: Messed up the timezone"

Not at all surprising.

Defense Mythics already start at a disadvantage to offense Mythics because they affect your score less. Improving your defense team performance to simply not lose is more effective than having the correct bonus unit to reduce your Lift loss by 20 points per loss for a maximum of 140 Lift of worth per week, and that value decreases the better your defense team is. In contrast, having the bonus offense Mythic is worth 320 Lift per week from the bonus points alone on top of protecting you from Lift loss from losing units on offense, and that value only decreases if your offense team is bad.

Combine that with the fact that Otr is uninteresting as a character, both in terms of personality and design, and the fact that his combat role overlaps with more versatile units like Legendary Sigurd, Brave Eirika, and Duo Lif, and there's really no incentive to actually use him.

They should have at least made Brutal Shell ignore damage reduction so that he doesn't get completely walled by Gustav. It would've at least given him a leg up over Sigurd and Eirika.

I have honestly no idea why they decided to pair Plumeria and Triandra on a banner, given that both of them would easily have done well on their own, but not pair Otr and Fafnir on a banner.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have honestly no idea why they decided to pair Plumeria and Triandra on a banner, given that both of them would easily have done well on their own, but not pair Otr and Fafnir on a banner.

Triandra was paired with Freyja (while Plumeria was in this slot last year), and I assume that was done so that they could free a spot for a non FEH Mythic (since they insisted on making the giant sisters Mythics as well).

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Triandra was paired with Freyja (while Plumeria was in this slot last year), and I assume that was done so that they could free a spot for a non FEH Mythic (since they insisted on making the giant sisters Mythics as well).

Oh, it was Freyja? It was so long ago I don't remember. Freyja also would've had no problem being on her own given she's an offense Mythic and a cocogoat.

I still think they should do more double releases, though, since it both helps to move Heroes characters through the queue faster and can be used as a tool to boost sales on banners with less desirable characters.

Can we get, say, Fafnir and Freyr on a single banner next time?

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, kradeelav said:

No problem, just found it again.  Copying quoted text here:

"Following my ping last night, the Otr banner is indeed tracking to be the worst banner in FEH history by a hugeeee shot.

The intern-kun "oopsie" timing is super sus as it was just past the Japanese evening peak spending when the majority of the banner income lies. And yeaaaa according to Sensortower this Otr banner is a huge disaster. Putting him into my list with the tentative rankings (which is likely not gonna change) he is not D, not even E, but comfortably in F. F.

EDIT: Messed up the timezone"

Hm... I am not convinced we can determine Ótr is the worst selling Legendary/Mythic Foci now that I have read how they are coming up with their revenue rankings. As noted in the Reddit user's original post outlining their methodology, there are no official data on based on actual revenue number***, so we do not really know how well a Focus is doing compared to other Foci. We only know how well a Focus does compared to spending events from other apps.

I would take the rankings with a grain of salt, as there is a very high chance that a mid tier Focus can have a lower actual revenue numbers than a bottom tier Focus.

***Technically, there is revenue data if we look at the overview page of Sensor Tower and keep track of each month's revenue, but that is very fuzzy data due to how many Foci can happen within a month; if we have access to weekly revenue data, we can better estimate how each major Focus does finacially, assuming minor Foci do not recieve much spending and major Foci rake in the bulk of their revenue from the first few days. In my opinion, while we might not be able to tell how well an individual Focus does in a given month, I think this fuzzy monthly data is still better than ranking data, as we can at least say with relative certainty that this month's bundle of Foci does financially better than this other month's bundle of Foci. Ideally the best way to know how well a Foci does is to see much Orbs are spent on each individual Focus, but that info is company secret.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, it was Freyja? It was so long ago I don't remember. Freyja also would've had no problem being on her own given she's an offense Mythic and a cocogoat.

I still think they should do more double releases, though, since it both helps to move Heroes characters through the queue faster and can be used as a tool to boost sales on banners with less desirable characters.

Can we get, say, Fafnir and Freyr on a single banner next time?

The only slight problem with what you're suggesting is that, if the Freyja + Triandra duo is anything to go by, the two characters would end up sharing a Mythic Hero Battle instead of getting separate ones because IS loves skimping on generosity when they can.

So, it'd be kinda odd if two characters who have nothing to do with the other (like Freyr and Fafnir) ended up sharing a battle.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

The only slight problem with what you're suggesting is that, if the Freyja + Triandra duo is anything to go by, the two characters would end up sharing a Mythic Hero Battle instead of getting separate ones because IS loves skimping on generosity when they can.

So, it'd be kinda odd if two characters who have nothing to do with the other (like Freyr and Fafnir) ended up sharing a battle.

I guess, but at the same time, we've had two Bound Hero Battles with odd pairings (Grima + Corrin and Ike + Julia) where the only thing in common between the paired characters is that they were "fallen" alts.